It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
"Violence is not "wrong." In its proper place, for the right reasons it is perfectly "right." Self defense or the defense of those who cannot defend themselves who are being attacked is the "right" reason."

I totally agree with this, but I don't see how that applies here. There is no self defence, there is no attack, it's some little kid screwing around. Do you honestly believe a 12 year old thought he could push around a 16 year old who is the size of an adult? He played chicken with a train and got squashed, he was a non-threat, and I don't understand how you guys can keep calling this a "wolf pack". It's as if we aren't even watching the same vid..

TKDRL, dude if you sucker punched me in the head that would bring about a tense situation between us. If you were just trying to get my attention and didn't continue to attack me, then we would only exchange words and I might try and scare you away, or I might try and squirrel off without getting hit again. That depends on how big and crazy you are, and how drunk I am. If you kept attacking me, like I said before I'm looking for a weapon and I won't be hesitating to make you go unconsious. At that point your limp body would no longer be any threat to me and I wouldn't harm you further. In fact if I thought you might be really hurt, I'd help you.

It's called being a human being, guys.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The bullies mom even said her son deserved it and then cried on tv while saying she didn't raise her son to be abusive.

Schools expect you to run away when you're being assaulted and tell an adult. Which is so illogical and backwards it's not even funny. Yeah I'm sure if he had ran away to the principals office he wouldn't have been made fun of anymore. Now? I doubt many people have anything bad to say about him to his face.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why aren't we talking about the new laws they are trying to pass off the back of this event????

in short anyone caught posting 'embarrassing' video's of other people without there consent would be breaking the law. If the law was passed people would be up for fines & jail time for repeat offenders. Furthermore all the news I've seen about this is backing the new law as a good Idea.

What defines 'embarrassing'? wouldn't a countries leader selling out its own people for a buck constitute as 'embarrassing' footage that leader would not want broadcast? wouldn't this essentially be 'censorship'?

seriously could this law not be abused in order to censor anything and everything?

www.adelaidenow.com.au...

The laws will make it an offence to knowingly take or publish humiliating, demeaning or degrading images of another person without their consent. Mr Rau said this could also involve images of people, originally taken with their consent, but then later used in a humiliating or nasty way - such as after a relationship had broken up.

concerned,
-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Chances are almost everything can be embarassing to someone. So unless you have the written consent of all parties involved you probably can't safely post a video. Unless it's a press conference because well... that's the intent.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Well, I would NOT sucker punch you for no reason, but to be fair, if you sucker punch ME for no reason, its going to be more than tense. I will come after you with everything I have, including a weapon if your size makes me feel I cant do it with my hands. And I wont stand by and watch someone else get bullied either. I make it my business.
And thats also part of being human.

I dont think there is any way to change your mind, and thats fine. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. But Casey did the right thing in MY opinion. If it had been me, I would have probably kicked the kid a couple times while he was down too at the very least. Casey cooled down much quicker than I would have. I commend him for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEyedMan

I'm sorry I don't get what your point is.

I'm saying the law is wrong and shouldn't be passed because it could be abused & become a tool for censorship.

are you saying that to enforce such a law would be impossible?

-B.M

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Sorry I don't buy that, the group of at least three kids were all either punching or filming or making fun of Casey. Being cornered like that and put under that pressure the smaller kid is lucky all he got was a body slam, and in case you didn't notice the taller kid at the end of the video that was off camera provoking the attack, that was the small kids friend.

I'm not going to pretend this was probably the first time he had been bullied either. No one would film the FIRST time a kid was bullied. They probably had beat on him before and he just took it. So they figured "Hey lets film it this time, that'll be fun to put on youtube and try to humiliate him. Better yet, let's get little Ritchard to do it while we all back him and laugh."

As if him walking away would have stopped them. You can see in the video he doesn't even act until after the initial punch and attempting to get the kid to stop the faux jabs at his waist. What should he have waited for? A kick to the groin? A broken nose? Sure the kid is smaller but noses are easy to break.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Sorry, no I'm agreeing with you, almost every video can be considered embarassing to someone, especially on the internet. So that law is a very slippery slope to tread on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That's cool man, I respect that we have differing opinions. The sucker punch scenerio was directed towards TKDRL's comment to me from the previous page.

Bullies suck gonads hard, but you just can't beat them at their own game guys. Don't try and make them fear you, that's not honourable. Rise above it!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
but you just can't beat them at their own game guys.

I'm not sure what video you are looking at but on the one I am looking at it looks like Casey beat him pretty decisively at his own game.

Don't try and make them fear you, that's not honourable.

Who cares about honor? This isn't feudal Japan. This is a kid who probably goes to school - I know this is a crazy thought but bare with me - to get an education, not to be bullied. Yet he has been bullied (according to his father) his entire school life. Most normal people would snap at some point, and I would personally rather he snap by slamming this little # on the concrete than by bringing a weapon to school.

It doesn't really matter what choice has more honor. What matters is what choice will put an end to the situation. I'm quite sure this bully will not target Casey ever again. Problem solved. Mission accomplished. Honor or no honor, there is one less bullying victim in the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We will see what happens to Casey after all of this publicity. If I were him I'd be wishing I had just walked away right now.

What on earth did he learn from this besides being a brute will make you famous? I'm thinking it's illogical to assume his life has gotten any easier after this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Are you trolling this thread? Just answer that question honestly for me. You seem to have no real substance to any of your posts, yet you continue to attack the victim in this case. Do you enjoy playing devil's advocate? Does playing the opposition in a lopsided debate give you some sort of thrill? If so, you are doing a very poor job and picked a poor topic of discussion to do it on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

What exactly is going to happen to him besides less remarks made to him at school? He got a 4 day suspension, the other kid got like three times that. He has got so much publicity he's an internet hero and instant meme. Certainly doesn't sound like a horrible life to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

He has an opposing opinion. I dont see him as trolling, just vastly outnumbered and limited by the fact that it IS just an opinion and thus there isnt a lot of factual case building to be had, really.

People should be allowed to disagree. I definitively disagree with his point of view, but I respect his right to hold it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out one last thing, the kids aren't 12 and 16. They're 15 and 16. It's not like the skinny kid was that much younger. If anything the kid in the last shot was the older one trying to pick on Casey who is 16.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
WHAT...these kids are 15 and 16 yrs old....I thought they are like middle school or junior high. Damn, lucky for the Rat and the tall one come out at the end of the video clip that Casy cool down fast; If it were me at that age.....sh1t would probably turn out very sour for those kids, including the one that was filming.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Well it has nothing to do with this thread really. If there isn't a thread already you should start one. That does seem like a retarded law to me....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Lol so you wouldn't mind so much if I sucker punched you as long as it was just to get your attention... You have got to be one of the strangest people I have talked to on here. Maybe you just never had any serious dealings with people with this pack dog mentality, I don't know... But I tell you what, someone that has so little class they sucker punch to start a fight, will always stomp and kick you when you are down, and when you go down the coward dog friends will join in knowing you are no longer a threat.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Thanks Illusionsaregrander, no I'm not getting any sort of thrill I'm just very confused. I really can't believe that almost nobody agress with me here. It's just my opinion though and surely opinions are much like buttholes.

It really amazes me that like only one other guy/gal thought this was 100% wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What on earth did he learn from this besides being a brute will make you famous?

He learnt that bullies are just cowards, if you stand up to them they cry, as the bully did in his case.

Why do you support bullies?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join