It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Common you guys, calling me a bully is just not fair. We're all the weirdo's here, I'm just not the type to be abusive to others. I get that almost every single one of you has a story to tell about being bullied as a kid, but I think you're letting that cloud your judgement. You guys seem to be vicariously seeing Casey lay a beat down on your tormentors. Isn't that kind of, messed up? Why can't you guys let go of your past and see this for what it is? Maybe I don't understand because I wasn't bullied very badly, I had smart ways of dealing with those issues, and I was never violent to anyone growing up. Drunken boxing with friends in my later years doesn't count.

Okay hypothetical scenerio where I get ganged up on by people who CAN kick my ass; I'd run if I could, but if not the only logical resort is to locate a weapon and strike first, then get away ASAP.

In a situation where the threat is unable to physically harm me in a manner which threatens my safety at all, like with Casey here, deny the threat by simply leaving the situation.

I'm 24, no kids and hopefully none for a while, but if I was responsible for Casey I'd be very disappointed in my son. If he pushed the kid aside and said "your little #er, you ain't #, I will crush you" and then walked on his merry way, I'd be proud. A measured response without any concern for his ego would make me very proud and know that I did a good job raising the boy.

It's easy to root for the kid who kicks ass, but it's the kid who keeps his witts about him and uses words and intimidation instead of force that deserves to be praised.

Group of guys come at me, one has a knife and I do happen to be carrying a small cencealed semi-auto.. I don't draw and start shooting right away. Draw and tell them they are about to be shot, giving them a chance to save their lives. It's not my job to "clean up the streets".

edit on 16-3-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

It's called standing up for justice.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good for Casey.

Bullying has gotten so out of hand since my days in school , it leads to school shootings. With the internet age there is nowhere to run, no where to hide. These "bullies can attack you in all sorts of ways that wasn'r possible when I was growing up.

I'd suggest if your child is getting bullied at school CHECH THIS Link out IMMEDIATELY!

www.gracieacademy.com...

For those of you who don't know the Gracie Family pretty much developed the concept for the UFC. and Royce Gracie won the first 2, while being the smaller, lankier guy out of the group. His father who became a master in Gracie(Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) was so weak and frail the doctors would not allow him to play sports. But he could submit guys 3 and 4 times his size/weight.

Not only does the "Bullyproof" system make your child more sure of themselves, it gives them proper life goals, and teaches them how to defend themselves without seriously injuring the bully.

Also through training with the thier parents the child who is being bullied can build a much closer relationship through the drills that are very fun for young children. It gives them something to be proud of as well as they move up the system and attain higher ranked belts.

So if I had a kid who was being bullied, I'd go straight to GGracieUniversity.com> training programs>Bullyproof.

Good luck to all the kids being bullied, it's a terrible thing, but the tools are out there to deal with these Bullies, and no they are not a gun. They are your mind, your reasoning in critical situations, and the Gracies will teach you exactly the words your child should use when being bullied, which basically puts a bully in a lose/lose situation. It teaches confidence, respect, all good stuff.

Here is Renner Gracie and one of his many Bullyproof classes on CNN. The system has also been shown on Oprah and NBC I believe.

amfix.blogs.cnn.com...

Thanks to Renner and Rorion for putting this system together.

BTW- There are also system for adults to learn Gracie Jiu-Jitsu online. You can recieve belts by sending in video of you going through the drills and different submissions and submission defenses. It's bar none the best fighting form to use as a person with little muscle or speed, just knowledge to defend themselves in an actual streetfight.

There are also specific Training routinies and methods for Adult woman as well.

Amazing, Amazing knowledge the Gracies are sharing with the world. Thier motto well one of the, "If everyone knew Gracie Jiu-Jitsu the world would be ALOT safer place to live.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
First off let me start off by saying that this is the story that has enticed me to make an account on this website. I do feel that Casey was well within his rights to do what he did and he should be commended for showing the amount of restraint that he did. People can say that violence never solves anything but let me assure you that it indeed often does. Bullies are what they are because they rely on the fact that in their own minds there will be no real repercussions and they can have a pat on the back and a good laugh later on when hanging with thier friends at the expense of the person that is the one being bullied around. As someone that spent much of my time in grade school being bullied, I am sorry if I have little sympathy for the bully. He unfortunately, got exactly what was coming to him and what he deserved for picking on someone that he expected would not fight back. You can say that "Casey should know better, he's twice the size, he could have seriously hurt the other kid. And to an extent you would be right, the other kid could have seriously gotten hurt. But that is not Casey's fault and not his problem. If the other kid's parents raised him properly and taught him what is right from what is wrong he would not have been on the recieving end of a body slam to the pavement.

As I stated, I have dealt with being bullied when I was much younger and in middle school and junior highschool. This happened, because much like Casey I was an easy mark and a target that was not expected to ever fight back. I was overweight as a young teen, and this was partially due to the fact that I have muscular dystrophy and was as a result alot clumsier than your average teen. I would frequently twist my ankles, or trip and fall down from time to time etc. The bullies liked to bully me because I was an easy mark that they never thought would fight back. They would try and "kick my ankles out from under me" when I would be walking down the halls and trying to get to class and would have a good laugh when they succeeded in making me fall throwing my books everywhere. I took a good 5 years of this abuse and you know what the school system would do....yeah you got it....usually a big fat "zero". They would look the other way, pretend they saw nothing or even worse in the case of some of the gym teachers that "loved the jocks" in junior high even laugh about it and offer the aggressors a wink, wink, nudge, nudge. This happened until I was in about 9th grade when I finally got sick of it all and let the main aggressor know in no uncertain terms that if it continued come hell or high water if I needed to kick his ass from my knees and punch him in the "happysack" to get him on his knees I would in NO UNCERTAIN terms do so. After I let him know what was in store if he persisted the bullying came to a stop. I guess he did not want to take the chance that I would make good with my threat, and believe me, he was wise in making that decision. My grandfather said to me once that when it comes to fighting thier are no "dirty tactics". If you gotta throw dirt in someone's eyes you do it and kick thier ass while they are rubbing at thier eyes trying to see.

I have seen relatives of mine, close family friends, and even my younger adopted sister suffer greatly from being the victims of bullying throughout thier grade school and high school years. It has been a trend for far too long not only in this country but in the world as a whole to not teach our children not only right from wrong, but also to not stand up for those that cannot defend themselves. By turning a blind eye you are in essence becoming a part of the ever cyclical problem.

Now....fast forward 10-12 years. My ex's son was very similar to Casey at that age. A very big boy, but also a "gentle giant". He had problems with similar types of kids to "Rat-Boy" trying to take advantage of the fact that they perceived him as being a big dumb oaf that would not stick up for himself. He put them in thier place, you'd be amazed how putting one of them down will usually cause all the others to "rethink thier strategy". It is because I told him to not take the crap that I took as a teenager, if someone tries to bully you that you knock them on thier ass. It happened once, and only once, he did not have to go through what I went through because he stood up for himself.

My point is you can't fault people for glorifying what Casey did, for anyone who has ever been bullied physically and mentally it is natural to revel in the justification that the bully got what was coming to him. It is human nature, and the reason why so many people like movies like The Karate Kid and Revenge of the Nerds. Unless you have been bullied simply put you just don't understand and never will be able to fully understand the emotional scarring that frequently goes with the territory. I give Casey huge thumbs up for sticking up for himself and can only hope that having done so the torment stops. I can only also hope that he does not let his ass whooping of the bully go to his head and in effect become part of the problem himself by "taking his place" in the social circle of bullies. Not knowing family, environment, upbringing I have no way of knowing how this will all unfold in the end but believe this not to be the case. In a perfect world there would be no bullies and nobody that feels that "the only way they can feel better about themselves is to inflict harm on another". This is not a perfect world, but who knows, maybe one day we will move beyond our imperfections and come closer to that ideal reality. Until then all any of us can actually do is what we feel in our heart is right and not do what we feel is wrong and instill our youth with a sense of what is right and what is wrong. Just food for thought and your mileage may vary. Props for sticking up for yourself Casey.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Darkphoenix77 because: Cleaned up grammar

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well that's what the little @hole gets for being a bully !
Maybe his parents can take this opportunity to start raising this little monster in a proper manner before he gets swatted again.
I hope the parents sue the hell out of the school for suspending the child who was simply defending himself.

Lesson learned? Don't wake the tiger then complain it attacked you.

Dumb @ss kid !

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Thrusting somebody headfirst onto the pavement is an attempt to cause grievous body harm. And for what? A poke on the nose. No excuse to retaliate in that manner.

Lets stick with the truth. He didn't slam the little bully head first into the pavement. I think your argument against Casey is falling on deaf ears. Anyone who has kids or has been a victim of bullying can relate to the boy Casey. You on the other hand sound like you would defend a criminal over a victim any day of the week. Casey had every right to defend himself and laws need to be changed to protect kids from being bullied.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Agreed. And Darces post sounds like he/she is implying that he/she was too tough or cool or big or something and that is why he/she didnt get bullied. Which makes it sound as if he is saying that any of us who DID get bullied must be wussies.

Not so. I grew up somewhere very racist, and I was one of a handful of people my color at my school. The crap I got had nothing to do with my lack of ability to fight and defend myself, or my size. (Im above average in height and after growing up there, I can fight, let me tell you)

Being the victim of bullying doesnt say anything about you other than that you have been perceived as a safe target. This is usually because you dont "fit" with the majority for some reason, and the bully feels like the majority will side with him/her. It can be your weight, brains, looks, color, any number of reasons, but what it isnt is a value statement about you.

Bullies deserve what they get. Period. And I do not qualify that AT ALL. Dont screw with people for fun or to make yourself look good to others. If you do, and you end up paying dearly for it, oh well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For anybody that has a kid in school, there are laws that protect children who are found to be mentally challenged. If a mentally challenged child is found to be in possession of a knife, they can not be expelled from school. If he or she is known to become violent with other students or teachers, again they can not be expelled. The law gives them the benefit of the doubt that they don't know right from wrong. I don't know if this little bully was mentally challenged, but parents and children should be made aware of this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Nicely put DarkPhoenix and let me render you your 1st star.
The problem with Casey "walking away" would have just deferred the inevitable to another day. The left wing schools here in Australia don't condone violence and their so called behaviour rules are so outlandish that I am facing my sons primary school with a similar problem. They will hand out level cards when one misbehaves at school like candy. My son was antagonised and just pushed back yet they give him one level before suspension and teachers monitor his behaviour for 1 month. They do not bother to get to the root of the cause but send him to the counsellor for assessment. Yes you guessed it. ADHD. It's a shame my sister inlaw is a child psychologist and refutes these findings. It's their way of trying to palm off the responsibility. He is 9yo.
I have always taught my son as my father did to me, only use force if needed. I only overcame my tormentors by trying to go them one on one. But you get the cowards' friends jumping in and laying into you. Welcome to modern Multicultural Australia. My high school was where Caucasian only counted for 5% of students, so obviously we were targeted more often than none.

I appreciate everyone telling their own stories and have conveyed a few scenarios to my son to educate him.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It seems bullying is all over the US schools. I think there should be hidden cameras in all schools and classrooms snd hallways and in the principals office. The principal should have WEEKLY Assemblies and in the assembly let the BULLY know that they are not welcome in the school. Let all kids know that if he/she decides to be a bully, the 1st offense will be - You must wear a T-Shirt for one week that is PINK or BLACK and says "I AM A BIG BULLY" - next offense, counciling with a professional and parents must be there or guardian - 3rd offense - kicked out of the educational system forever! Never to return to any public school. Also, can NEVER get a driver's license in the US - treat the bully like they do a drunk driver with losing priviledges and also the bullying will go on a permanent record. Plus, if a teacher or princpal sees it go off and does nothing, FIRE THEM!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I get that almost every single one of you has a story to tell about being bullied as a kid, but I think you're letting that cloud your judgement. You guys seem to be vicariously seeing Casey lay a beat down on your tormentors. Isn't that kind of, messed up? Why can't you guys let go of your past and see this for what it is?

I wasn't bullied a day in my life but I can see it for what it is. Casey retaliated with a perfect level of force.

Okay hypothetical scenerio where I get ganged up on by people who CAN kick my ass; I'd run if I could, but if not the only logical resort is to locate a weapon and strike first, then get away ASAP.

Very good, but if we're honest, there was no way Casey was going to outrun every single member of the pack. He also shouldn't be forced to suffer the humiliation of having a video circulating of him being punched and then running away.

In a situation where the threat is unable to physically harm me in a manner which threatens my safety at all, like with Casey here, deny the threat by simply leaving the situation.

I'm pretty sure Casey's safety was being threatened big time. It's easy for you to type that after carefully reviewing the footage but try being 16 and in the heat of the moment surrounded by a pack of tormentors and having punches thrown at your face. They were obviously hoping to film Casey taking a beating. If he fought back without ending the confrontation so quickly the other bullies would no doubt have stepped in to prevent Casey winning the fight.

If he pushed the kid aside and said "your little #er, you ain't #, I will crush you" and then walked on his merry way, I'd be proud.

You really think they would give up and just let him walk because he spouted a few words? Really?

A measured response without any concern for his ego would make me very proud and know that I did a good job raising the boy.

That's exactly what it looked like to me. At 16 with adrenaline pumping he could have easily stomped the bullies skull into the pavement or layed a few fists and boots in. Especially if this bullying had been reducing the quality of his life for some time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So proud of you Casey!

These bullies don't just physically harm the victim, they continually pick away at their self-esteem. I'm so happy that Casey hadn't given up on himself & decided to fight for the respect that he (& every other human being) deserves. Way to go.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
For anybody that has a kid in school, there are laws that protect children who are found to be mentally challenged. If a mentally challenged child is found to be in possession of a knife, they can not be expelled from school. If he or she is known to become violent with other students or teachers, again they can not be expelled. The law gives them the benefit of the doubt that they don't know right from wrong. I don't know if this little bully was mentally challenged, but parents and children should be made aware of this.

Many schools have zero tolerance policies and don't care if that person has a learning deficiency.

Obviously this is not the first time this little monster has bullied others and I'm sure the parents know how he acts in school. The reality is that he got what he deserved. Maybe a little negative re-enforcement will teach him some social skills.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I'm not saying that at all! Like I said before, I was also bullied. I didn't deal with it by using violence though, I used words and intimidation instead. I never had to back up those words, thankfully, but if I did I'm certain I'd show measured restraint. I still firmly believe that retaliation is not right. That's just sinking even lower than the person abusuing you. Just be confident and rise above it, being picked on builds your character. Learn to laught at yourself a little bit and sluff off people's ignorant and rude remarks. If you feel a need to chirp back that's fine, but few words can deserve a punch in the face as a response.

Defending yourself from physical harm is what makes us free and have liberty, those are great things. But using violence to prove that you shouldn't be picked on, that's so cowardly! Put your ego aside and think about what really matters. It's not what some punk thinks about how you look or act, or whatever makes you unique. It's that you rose above it. Why the hell should it be your job to teach anybody a lesson? Learn to make peace with your old foes guys, we are all equal here.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

You make some great points, we just seem to differ in our interpretation of the severity of the situation leading up to the smack down.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Its not a matter of ego.

I got messages just like you are telling me, "rise above it," "be better than them" "use words" yadda yadda.

It never, ever, ever, stopped until I fought and hurt them.

Bullying happens to you because they have done a cost benefit analysis and they have concluded they can do so without suffering any consequences. And no matter what you or anyone says, until it hurts them, they will not stop.

I am an animal. I live on Earth. The cells in my body slaughter invaders and I eat dead plants and animals that have been killed so that I may live.

Violence is not "wrong." In its proper place, for the right reasons it is perfectly "right." Self defense or the defense of those who cannot defend themselves who are being attacked is the "right" reason.

Bullying is the "wrong" reason to perpetrate violence.

But you are incorrect. Resorting to violence yourself does not make you "just like them." I dont pick on the weak, helpless, unpopular, or different to make myself look better to others. I am totally willing to get violent in the right circumstances, without any remorse, but I would never do it to be cruel or mean or just to elevate myself socially.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Ok, then let me punch you in the face without blocking it, and rock your head back, then let's see you walk away. That wouldn't happen and you know it. Either you will be out cold, or you will fight back.

And on a side note, mommy complaining about her kid getting tormented about it because the video went viral? Really? WTF does she think would have happened to Casey if him and the goons kicked his ass like planned?
edit on Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:05:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Justice is as much a part of "righteousness" as is mercy. It's nice to see such a satisfying case of justice. There are a lot of wrongs that need to be righted in this world. Bullies of all types need to heed the message of that video. It's not going to be a good day for them when justice finally gets to stand up and take the field....He's been taunted for a long time. Mercy may have completed her work of molding the pliable and hardening the unrepentent......I think it will be utterly delicious.
edit on 16-3-2011 by HarryJoy because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Casey, you are the kind of guy I would recruit to my team back in the day.....because of your mentality "I don't throw the first rock, but by GOD I swear I will throw the last one."
On a personal note, back in the day, I have been taught by my dad that "don't be nobody's b1tch." So I went through a pretty decent highschool time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

My man, I totally understand what you mean, and believe me I have tried multiple approaches to this kind of matter.......but at the end of the day, your gut is what determine the outcome.....when a bully come at you by intimidating, pushing (physical),....you can stand up to that bully verbally, but when that bully step up a notch by punching you in the face.....responding verbaly or reporting to parents and/or teachers just doesn't cut it. Believe you me, even NOW, sometimes I still have to use "take it outside" resort......just to show the guy he should know how to size people up before starting sh1t.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join