It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledge
No. Heard of slave drive labore though, and still doesn't make sence how they would move the stones, not to mansion aline them.

Hold on. Your spelling hurts my eyes.

No. Heard of slave driven-labor, though, and still doesn't make sense how they would move the stones, not to mention align them.

Phew, that's better. Ok, well industrial accidents, since you haven't heard of them, are on-the-job accidents, including fatalities, that occur even in modern times.

Slave labor has been used by many societies. What is more effective in most cases, though, is not slave labor but social and economic tiers, or castes. Foreign-born slaves inducted into national servitude often cause more problems than solutions. In the case of the Egyptians, they didn't need slave labor to create the pyramids. They had a huge supply of manpower available and idle when the Nile was flooded and farmland underwater.

I'm not sure why it doesn't make sense on how they moved the stones. You have a 10-ton block. You bring it as close to the pyramid on a barge as you can. A thirty-man team hooks the block up with cables to pull. You have 10 men pushing, and one team leader who keeps cadence. With each beat of the cadence, 40 men pull and push as one. The block moves. Repeat. You bring the block up ramps of sand, then ramps of wood in this manner. You drag the block to the spot where it's to be placed. A team of men with battering rams knock the block into alignment. An engineer checks the positioning and OKs it.

Religious belief, organization, teamwork, and a generational commitment to make something eternal. That's how it was done.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What i don't get is that>>>They use to live how long 30-35 years? They look normal on the pictures not super human. They moved 5-20-50 tons stones for how long?two, three maybe four decades? That mean thouse workers, or who ever came from Nile River probably were not young allready, worked there for free, died working their kids worked for free and then the third or fourth generation finished the pyramids? why so commited? I don't get it. By the way there is the small unfinished pyramid out there right? no one seems to have an explanation for it right?

Well i think that's the one humans tried to build after alliens left, and then gave up on it, because of how hard it was to build.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well i think that's the one humans tried to build after alliens left, and then gave up on it, because of how hard it was to build.

Yes, yes, aliens built the Giza pyramids, Rome, Athens, all the roads across Europe that are 2,000 years old, the Empire State Building, the Sears Tower, the World Trade Center, the Hermitage, and the Great Wall of China.

Whatever.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Yes, yes, aliens built the Giza pyramids, Rome, Athens, all the roads across Europe that are 2,000 years old, the Empire State Building, the Sears Tower, the World Trade Center, the Hermitage, and the Great Wall of China.

Dont take it to the extremes thats just stupid. One of the reasons why i think aliens COULD HAVE assisted the building of the great pyramids is because of the imense size and weight of the stones. What materials did they use in the building of the sears tower or the empire state building i dont think any object or material from there could be compared to the size and the weight of the stones used in the building of the great pyramids...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No. Heard of slave drive labore though, and still doesn't make sence how they would move the stones, not to mansion aline them.

Hold on. Your spelling hurts my eyes.

No. Heard of slave driven-labor, though, and still doesn't make sense how they would move the stones, not to mention align them.

WOW that�s a lot of commas you got there. I'm sure that people are not appreciative of you trying to fix their works. Though, since you took the time to do so I will do the same. "driven-labor, though," This does not make sense... driven-labor is not correct and pausing where you did doesn�t make sense either. Now enough of that...

Ok, well industrial accidents, since you haven't heard of them, are on-the-job accidents, including fatalities, that occur even in modern times.

Are you trying to say that they were threatening them? I don�t see how industrial accidents make any sense as to why they would build the pyramids. Okay so some guy fell of the pyramids the other day, he didn�t survive... Catch my drift?

My theory is that either they really were slaves or that either the pharos lied to them saying that it would do something it wouldn�t or it actually did do what they said that it would.

In the case of the Egyptians, they didn't need slave labor to create the pyramids. They had a huge supply of manpower available and idle when the Nile was flooded and farmland underwater.

This could be a theory as well.

To all out there...

Okay I decided to step in here. I normally do not like doing the above and I would much rather do things in a nice civil manner. Please notice the 14 pages of arguing and proof/not proof in this thread already, please... It would be nice if you would read it before repeating things that have been mentioned thrice over before. If you have read the 14 pages on this topic, then please read again so that you don�t repeat things. It has been said before that the ones who built the pyramids were not slaves. If you wish to continue from that point than please be my guest.

The blocks were said to be put in place by means of a ramp. Since they had plenty of time to do this I see no reason why they couldn�t have. Yes, the pharos in the pictures do have some pretty weird heads. Though, that does not mean that they were like that. If they really were though that would be some really weird stuff. Finally use a word processor to check your spelling. It isn�t always helpful about grammar (as you can see from my typing) but it is usually right about spelling : ). Good luck with your quest for knowledge...

[edit on 9/23/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Reading through all of this information took awhile...whew..
About the age of the Great Pyramid, The associated funerary structure, and the sphinx. There is good evidence that these three structures are much older than the current dates that textbooks attribute to them.
The funerary complex was badly weathered by water, and carefully repaired with stones that matched the weathering damage with amazing precision.
All three structures show signs of this water, rain weathering.
The Only period that the Giza Plateau received rain heavy enough to cause this damage was at the end of the last Ice age.
about 10,000 years ago.

About the Great Pyramid, A mystery for me is why there is no soot or oil lamp residue inside, was there a cleaner unknown light source?

Were Aliens responsible for the construction of these three structures?
I think so. The oldest writings and oral traditions on the planet tell the tale over and over.
the cuneiform tablets of the Sumer city states, the gliphs of Egypt, Sanskrit in India.. even ,( if read with an open mind ), the Old testament of the Bible.
The Oral Traditions of the Dogon tribe of N. Africa.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
they were built by the nephilim..

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by devil9t9uk

Dont take it to the extremes thats just stupid. One of the reasons why i think aliens COULD HAVE assisted the building of the great pyramids is because of the imense size and weight of the stones.

The average weight of those stones is 10 tons each. Ten tons being moved across ground by a team of people pushing and pulling in concert is perfectly achievable.

Employing a large idle population during the times their fields are flooded is a great way to keep the nation going. And haven't the pyramids been a source of national pride for Egypt ever since? How do you think foreigners felt about Egypt when they went there and saw man-made mountains painted white, topped with gold? It was a national works project that has paid off a million-fold.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just off the topic of pyrimidal construction, has anyone got information on the watermark (as in tidal) on the Great Pyramid of Giza?. I read something a while back (althought sceptical) about a faint watermark 75% (3/4's) the way up.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fair_dinkum
Just off the topic of pyrimidal construction, has anyone got information on the watermark (as in tidal) on the Great Pyramid of Giza?. I read something a while back (althought sceptical) about a faint watermark 75% (3/4's) the way up.

Yeah, there's a watermark halfway up the Washington Monument from the great flood of 1878 that put water 237 feet above Washington DC ground level, also.

Actually that's just what I pointed out to DC tourists when I showed them the city. It's where construction of the monument was halted, and then resumed with a slightly different color of stone.

A 'watermark' is just dirt deposited by water. Any watermark that could have touched the pyramids would have eroded off centuries ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My my taibunsuu, you're quite the interesting skeptic
(Don't take offense, I'm skeptical about a lot of stuff too)

So there's no mystery, in your views, regarding who built the pyramids. Fair enough.

What's your view on why there are 3 pyramids that were built in such a way as to: (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

1. replicate the positioning of the Orion Belt

2. Have(in the Great Pyramid's case) shown the rather advanced understanding of the builders, by showing mastery of many mathmatical observations? Such as understanding of pi / phi , a strong command of geometry etc...

I'm trying to find some links on this stuff for you, but I'm sure you've seen/heard of it. Is that(in your opinion) all hogwash? Not saying you're wrong, and surely not saying I'm right, I just wanted your opinion on this stuff as well.

Thanks for readin!

X

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
My my taibunsuu, you're quite the interesting skeptic
(Don't take offense, I'm skeptical about a lot of stuff too)

So there's no mystery, in your views, regarding who built the pyramids. Fair enough.

What's your view on why there are 3 pyramids that were built in such a way as to: (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

1. replicate the positioning of the Orion Belt

2. Have(in the Great Pyramid's case) shown the rather advanced understanding of the builders, by showing mastery of many mathmatical observations? Such as understanding of pi / phi , a strong command of geometry etc...

I'm trying to find some links on this stuff for you, but I'm sure you've seen/heard of it. Is that(in your opinion) all hogwash? Not saying you're wrong, and surely not saying I'm right, I just wanted your opinion on this stuff as well.

Thanks for readin!

X

I'll check that stuff out. I really have no idea why the pyramids were built, and given the multitude of theories that have nothing to do with what we can observe, I don't think any single person has the answers as to why they were built. Astronomy even today is amazing to the observer and if we didn't have the distraction of TV but stared at the stars they would surely capture our imagination much more, maybe even inspiring us to try and replicate their longevity and magnificance and perhaps learn about them by making gigantic physical calenders.

However, as far as aliens helping build them, I think from an observational reference alone, noting that pyramid building is a progressive science that moved up from ziggruats with many examples of earlier and earlier pyramidal structures, and knowing for a fact that humans are capable of building the pyramids, the notion ET built them for us has far less validity than the idea that it was done by people.

Maybe it's because people have a six-second span of attention, barely any phsyical work, and we change rulers every 4 years instead of living under the dedicated watch of a generational family, that we find it so hard to believe that the Giza pyramids were built by humans?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey there,

I agree; it's not something that anyone can speak of with certainty.

I'm very interested in your comment on the wonders of space and it as an inspirational element of ancient man.

Do you think that "TV" has in fact killed this inspiration for most people today? Would we be better off without the distractions brought about by the over glorification of TV, Internet, cell phones, bright lights and fast times?

Maybe we're killing our species by stifling our imaginations and our connection with nature.

I don't think little green men built the pyramids either tbh. I think if anything "ultra strange" is ever found out about them, it'll be that WE humans were once aliens to this land, and we were pointing back to our roots or something that held great importance in our ancient life "out there".

I know that's far out, and it's not something I spew as truth or dogma, just an interesting idea that I've thought of from time to time.

The world is full of some wondrous things, sometimes I feel deeply saddened that we can't stand back and get an entire view of "the big picture". I believe it would solve a lot of problems that humanity is currently facing.

X

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

Do you think that "TV" has in fact killed this inspiration for most people today? Would we be better off without the distractions brought about by the over glorification of TV, Internet, cell phones, bright lights and fast times?

What I think is good is people have a chance to live their lives the way they want to with some modicum of individuality. If you want to watch TV in your off time, or read books and go hiking, or have a corporate job in the city or a rural existance on a farm, it's your choice. The fact that we have choice is a far stronger indication of how good we have it than criticizing what to some people is the pointlessness of popular entertainment.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
But on a whole, could this "era of choice" be too much for our own good? I'm all about people being independent, or individual, but maybe that's leading us away from progress?

X

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
thinking about the pyramids and their origins remind me of stargate SG1 haahah, for the skeptics they may say that yes it would be possible to drag and push a 10ton block of stone, but to build it soooo high, who on earth would be able to put it up that high, i heard a lame explanation of ramps or somthing but far out, do you really believe that they would be able to push and pull a 10ton stone without it sliding back downwards? i think the stone would slip down the ramp when they got overtired unless they were superman clones or somthing ahhaah

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If aliens did it, why not just make them out of silica or something? Hmmm, lots of sand, FTL technology, I have an idea let's use the tractor beam to pull the sand into pyramid shape then keep melting the sand with laser beams until we have a glass pyramid.

I mean if it was something like that, ok I'd say aliens. But I mean this crap is made out of rocks. If humans went to another planet do you think we'd do it to make labour teams out of aliens and make them pile rocks into pyramids?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I believe aliens did build the great pyramids because on lots of those drawings on slates of rock you will see that the pharaohs drawn there have an abnormally large head and the shape of the pyramids looks as though a craft could slot into the top and these beings could walk down the side.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I believe aliens did build the great pyramids because on lots of those drawings on slates of rock you will see that the pharaohs drawn there have an abnormally large head and the shape of the pyramids looks as though a craft could slot into the top and these beings could walk down the side.

Yeah, I hear that in the future all aircraft will land on pyramids in deserts where the pilots and passengers get to walk down giant steps for a few hundred yards in 130 temperatures. This will be a big improvement over airports.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
OF COURSE aliens did it,
Jus look at the movie 'Alien Vs. Predator'

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join