It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi everyone, new user here.

Firstly, I recently visited the Pyramids and although certainly impressive, they are not perfect, and were definately man-made.

Secondly, if you think about it, up until the beginning of the C20th there were no power tools or cranes, etc. so all structures up until that date were in therory built using the same tools. Sure, materials and techniques varied and improved greatly, but there was no 'magic wand' to shift huge weights or awkward shapes until relatively recently.

Awesome structures like St. Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham palace were all built without power tools of any description, so surely the Pyramids could have been built by man, even if it was thousands of years ago?

I fear some people are blinded by modern-day science and can't comprehend any solutions that don't involve electricity or computers...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by perverse
the stones are so perfectly cut and fit with each other (minus the erosion... it is well old) with minimal mortar (if any? this im not 100% on). all the dimension stats... the positioning, it's all so perfect. personally i would love to think that ancient man did construct these absolute wonders, however it doesn't say much for our current level of technology if they did.

Oh. So because the stones are perfectly cut, it had to be done by aliens. Uh-huh.

Well if the Egyptians couldn't place those stones, I suppose the Incas couldn't cut and place stones that shamed even the Egyptians. Nah, they had ET cut the stones with lasers from ET's space eyeballs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Next time when you go to/in La Grande Galery you touch the walls not

with the palm of youe hand but with a neils : and you will understand more about the stonecuters.

regards chapo

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I Beleve many things but when i read this page i realised that wen i was about 9 i remember seeing a strange shaped thing in the sky, i dont care whether u beleve me or not but i am 101% sure that it was sculptured like a pyramid. It was only about 100 metres off the ground.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Englishman
Hi everyone, new user here.

Firstly, I recently visited the Pyramids and although certainly impressive, they are not perfect, and were definately man-made.

Secondly, if you think about it, up until the beginning of the C20th there were no power tools or cranes, etc. so all structures up until that date were in therory built using the same tools. Sure, materials and techniques varied and improved greatly, but there was no 'magic wand' to shift huge weights or awkward shapes until relatively recently.

Awesome structures like St. Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham palace were all built without power tools of any description, so surely the Pyramids could have been built by man, even if it was thousands of years ago?

I fear some people are blinded by modern-day science and can't comprehend any solutions that don't involve electricity or computers...

Did you know, that the aliens gave those powertools to the human workers to build those pyramids? Definately the rotary hammer was their favorite powertool.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Did you know, that the aliens gave those powertools to the human workers to build those pyramids? Definately the rotary hammer was their favorite powertool.

LOL i almost choked on my hamburger.

I've come to the conclusion with this thread (because it's basically dead)

A. We are trying to be disproven by those who believe we could build the pyramids today with the same techniques the Egytians used, but ironically those same people don't state how they would go about (yep its coming) cutting the 2 TON BLOCKS OF LIMESTONE.

B. Those people who believe that aliens helped build the pryamids have given disproof to just about every idea/link/book idea - those who try to explain its nature of being man-made just aren't providing enough physical proof.

C. The cuttings, stonehenge...you can't fit a piece of paper's width between the stones...this could be due to erosion but even then the stones would have had to be placed 'almost' square. (How would you go about doing it? in the case of stonehenge)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I want you to understand something simple

it is not because WE can't do it,that they weren't able and you need the intervention of aliens to explain everything.

the way you think you are superior to every other human civilisation makes me sick.

I suppose the aliens helped to build the statue of liberty and the WTC...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not aliens--- the Atlantis builded ---Aaahhhh ! Ouuffff!!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not aliens--- the Atlantis builded ---Aaahhhh ! Ouuffff!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Does anyone have info on this painting?

Quetzacoatyl

Who did it, when was it done, and why it looks like a Reptilian?
A Reptilian with blue featherd cape. Same feathers as the mans head dress...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

They certainly aren't perfect, but I don't think we can argue that they weren't. I assume that they were built by man because there are no historical records that point to anything but that fact, however...those guys put an incredible amount of thought into those structures.

Not too hard to believe considering how much time they had on their hands, but it gets you thinking, no doubt.

Either way, no way to know without a time machine or that thing from Childhood's End that lets you see any moment in history.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
they were built by the aliens that droped jesus off

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have heard that the aztek people, write in the Pyramids that there god`s
came down to them, and help them build the Pyramids,
maby the god`s was alien`s?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't think that most people who believe man couldn't of done it by himself believe that because they think man is "so weak and stupid"
I think it is because the pyramids are so massive, precise and would be hard to duplicate today.

The only thing that would be hard about building a perfect copy of the Great Pyramid would be finding / funding the 100,000 workers. We could easily do it with technology, of course. Without technology, it would take a very powerful person to assemble that kind of work force. (i.e., a Pharaoh.)

We all know how ancient man built the pyramids - why do so many pretend like it's still something unknown to us, or it's some kind of baffling enigma? The workers lived in cities carved out in the desert nearby their work site. The workers had an advanced logistical assembly and economic infrastructure in place while they were working.

Their purpose in life was to build those monuments in order to survive, much as our purpose in life is to file TPS reports in order to survive.

Underestimating the power of human beings - that's what's going on here. Dumb people are SO BAFFLED by jet engines and microprocessors and pyramids that they imagine that we MUST have been given the technology by some kind of third party.

Until you understand the power of man, you will never understand anything in this world - not yourself, not your partner, not your leaders, not your children. You will understand nothing.

The same method of thinking caused man to invent gray bearded Yahwehs. The spread of intelligence among man is bell-shaped, in my opinion. There are always going to be a percentage of people born that "just don't get it."

Zip

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
^^^very well said

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I guess I am a thread ressurecter. I agree with Zip. So many sweeping generalizations. Not only did they have huge pyramids, but smaller ones too, implying they at least knew how to build them: surely we believe they could build a tiny structure. They took it to the next level and made huge versions. Hard it must have been, but it is a bit absurd to use the alien explanation for them. This, of course, does not show that aliens don`t exist.

And on aliens, given that galaxies and potential planets could possibly exist in the billions, and are billions of light years away from us, that implies that aliens are potentially so advanced beyond comprehension. Advanced so as to not even need to visit us in material form. Advanced to travel in time, back and forth, be invisible, not look or exist in any form like ourselves, read our minds from hyperspace, control our thoughts, etc. Maybe reptilians did come and help, but as I said in another post, Egyptians had a very sound package of mathematics and their theories, not all, are still valid today. My point: they had the conceptual tools to design the pyramids, even in their position on the globe in relation to space, and they also had the manpower to make it happen.

I also stated in another thread that if advanced humans 10000 years from now, who exist but were interrupted by about 7000 years of a wipeout period were to stumble upon one intact city - New York - I doubt they would be able to immediately postulate our Crane, which is how we build our amazing modern strucutures, with the help of many specialized men. They might come up with a 1000 other ideas that might work. But they should not revert to aliens building them. And comparatively, our structures are much more sophisticated than the stone pyramids - in line with the natural progression of our species.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
There's only one pyramid worth talking about. I believe that all the others are simply copies that didn't embody any of the powers or significance of the original. Just as the cargo cult people of New Guinea cleared runways and put bamboo stick aircraft on them - nothing happened. They never got a real aircraft to land and bring them all the goodies they hoped for.
There are lots of theories about how it was built. One is that the Egyptians manufactured some of the "stone" on site - like today's concrete. Which isn't that absurd a suggestion when you consider that the Romans knew how to make cement - and the knowledge was lost for centuries!
Another idea is that much of the stuff they were built from was brought to the site on barges. There is supposed to be a subterranian water way beneath the Sphynx - and apparently the area was much wetter many thousands of years ago - the Sphynx and the surrounding cliffs show erosion by water - not sand!
The most intriguing idea put forward re the building of the great pyramid was that the Egyptians had knowledge of the kind of harmonics that could be usefully applied to moving large stones. It has been said that somehow the stone in question was struck with a special rod that caused it to vibrate.
In a vibrating state it was relatively weightless and could be moved quite easily by a few people.
By the way, if you think rollers would work without all sorts of other gear. Go to the beach with your tree trunks. Drive your truck onto the logs. Take all the wheels off the truck. Now see how many men it will take to push the truck along the logs. The answer is practically the same number it would take to lift it up and carry it!
In all of this, the one thing that really gets to me is that the common perception of anyone who lived more than 4000 years ago is that they walked around with their knuckle dragging the ground and had a vocabulary limited to Ugh. Seems to me a lot of their information and knowledge was way beyond what we have now - they simply lacked the convenience of our technology to make it happen the way we can.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi, new user here, interesting forum! I'll just jump straight in....

quote -

"And comparatively, our structures are much more sophisticated than the stone pyramids - in line with the natural progression of our species." (guy)

I'm sorry, but there is no way anyone could seriously claim our buildings are superior in sophistication that the great pyramids. Do any skyscrapers incorporate the number pi? Are the gaps between each brick less than 1/16th of an inch? Are they aligned perfectly with far away stars? etc etc etc.....

Now, I don't mean to discredit the achievements of early man, but there is no way I can comprehend this being done. Slaves? OK, you've got the work force, but I know I wouldn't be a perfectionist when it came to fine detail if I were a slave. It's not the moving of huge stone that baffles me, it's the precise mathematical properties, and the energy fields they enhance. How could early man know somuch more than us? Whoever built the pyramids understood everything there is to know, I'm in no doubt about that.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't pretend to be an expert on the topic, and nor am I one of these X-files obsessed alien fantasists, I am simply a logical person. And the way I see it, aliens building such a structure seems far more likely than mere man. I think it's egotistical of man to assume our ancestors were capable of making the great pyramid.

I'm just looking forward to the day pyramids are discovered on another planet......

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
When the main pyramid of Giza was "cracked", an amount of coc aine was found.

Now, I don't know if you've got friends who take the stuff, but they do tend to believe they are overly-worthy and godlike...

So, further to the point, maybe ancient Egypt was inadvertantly ruled by these types.... If you're the one who knows how to extract coc aine out of leaves, then you may want to keep it to yourself if someone around you seems to be on the take, you never want to help those who refuse to learn for themselves (and I doubt this typical human feeling has changed in human history).

In my theory, placing one block on the pyramid would be rewarded with food, gold and maybe some coc aine... At least, the ego's of the power-caste would certainly be high enough to desire such buildings and create the confidence to get other people to do the work.... Things don't change as much as we think things do, seems to me the only thing that changes is the physical appearance of our surroundings.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ok, so I figured it all out!, everyone has seen the pictures painted of God up in the sky, so we all know he has big feet. And you know what they say about big feet. Big hands! so god felt bad for these dumbasses when he saw they were chopping down there date trees to move 2 ton blocks and knew that they would deplete there food supply. so he took his giant hand reached down and placed them all perfectly in order. so the grate pyramid would line up directly with the north and south, and the angles would follow the Nile. Then the big lizard aliens came down to take over these grate pyramid sculptures because everyone knows how hard it is to make a pyramid in the sand as apposed to a sand castle. and he killed the aliens, except one survived, and he ran away, and had sex with a lady with then gave birth to Jesus’ great great great great grand mother. and I don’t know why I’m still talking, ALIENS ARE NOT REAL!!! With all the math you guys do on the pyramids isn’t there some formula that shows the likely hood of there even being alien bacteria, let alone a highly evolved creature. Ok, so you might want to say something about an asteroid that had something on it, bull #, no DNA, who cares, dose it do anything? No! It’s some space dust! There is nothing there people! Some of you just need to suck it up and realize that since we are getting more intelligent as the human race evolves and are not buying the god story anymore. Now we have to make up new ones to make us feel safe… what’s after aliens? Stars generate the ability to pick up rocks... Which pieces together the mystery of Stonehenge. I would believe in the flux capacitor before believing in a theory that is reoccurring in fictional movies. One of witch staring a Scientologist! You guys are nuts, on both sides of the fence. The fact that people will even argue with, with Star Trek nerds is utterly disgusting. The truth is guys, the world use to be flat. Do we really want to say the pyramids use to be built by aliens? I swear they should have never started the cutting down trees trend. I don’t think people are getting enough oxygen to their brains. www.smh.com.au..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 21-5-2006 by CrazyMan10000]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I, personally, think that ALIENS helped build the pyramids, or that that something abnormal was going on for the simple fact that, inside some pyramids, there are no burn marks... let me explain. See, I'm not talking about the humongous blocks used to create the outside of the pyramid, but instead of the maze-like tunnels deep inside the pyramid. As you know, there are many hyroglyphics DEEP inside the pyramid's tunnels, and to MAKE those hyroglyphics, you need light, obviously. Now, this was BEFORE the invention of mirrors, so the Egyptian's only choice for light deep inside of a tunnel would be torches, right? Well, not exactly. See, if torches WERE used, you would obviously find dark burn patterns from the torches on the roof of the tunnels, but, the fact is, there aren't any. At least, not in all pyramids. For the ones which do have the burn patterns, this is not for those. You see, there are some glyphs that depict a snake (the Egyptian symbol for energy) inside of what looks like a... well, a glass tube. I should know, I've seen them. Now, think about it. Energy in a glass tube... Energy in a glass tube... Energy in a glass tube... oh, yeah, a lightbulb. Now, what would a lightbulb be doing in Ancient Egypt? Could it be that the Ancient Egyptians were FAR more advanced that we thought? Or was there someone a bit more... ah, advanced there to help them along? Now, most likely, it WAS aliens. Or, time travel, but I've already ruled out that possibility. But, it does make you realize the STARGATE possibility...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join