It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This could be possible as scientists think that we didnt have the know how to move stones that weigh from 2.5 tons to 50 tons and build a pyramid at 3,3376,350 cubic yards.

Even in Egyptian writing it tells about the skys opening and lights shining down on them.

Aliens Helping To Build Great Pyramids?

Maybe just maybe the aliens may have taught the human race all about engineering and technology?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Scientists explainations pertaining to giant logs and pulleys and pushing of giant rocks just doesn't add up.

Cydonia = replicated on earth or at least that's what they were trying to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
there are many theories as to who and how they were built. It is so interesting that a project was made out of it-check it out:

www.abovetopsecret.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aliens must have travelled from planet to planet building structures of such proportion and detail.
Leaving messages around the universe for others to find?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It was not impossible for the Pyramids to be created by Ancient man. It's just Modern man is impossibly egotistical.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I except the fact that all the smaller pyramids were built by man but wat about the great pyramid of Khufu or Khafre.

All the methods that have been thought of suggest that twice as much material would have been used to actually move the stones, thats a bit wastefull.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A bit wasteful? LMAO! You're talking about Pharoahs that would sacrifice thousands upon thousands of slaves and materials to erect monuments in the name of their Dynasties. Wasteful is not something Egyptian Dynasties were concerned with.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Exactly Sinobyte....

Scientists explainations pertaining to giant logs and pulleys and pushing of giant rocks just doesn't add up.

Not only does it add up, but they've duplicated it in many experiments (some great footage I might add), saw them on TLC or TDC...can't remember which. They also showed how obelisks were raised, etc. (well as best they could with diminished manpower....they had hundreds of volunteers, not thousands of slaves, as well as the constraint of worrying about their safety (unlike the slave masters of old)....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anyway they couldnt have moved these giant stones by rolling them on logs.
The logs would have to be replaced for every single stone. Thats alot of logs.
There wasnt that many trees around the only tree anywhere would be the date tree.
The egyptian diet consisted mainly of dates. Whos gunna chop down all the date trees?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im talking about the great pyramids not the obelisks.....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So you're saying because you believe it would be impossible for ancient man to build the Great Pyramids it must be impossible?

I'd like to see any evidence you have, whether it's links or solid research that claims ancient man couldn't have build the Great Pyramids. Have any available?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by devil9t9uk
Whos gunna chop down all the date trees?

Hundreds of thousands of slaves.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im just putting my opinion across im not saying they couldnt have built the great pyramids im just saying there maybe a chance that we were helped by something else!!!! (OPEN YOUR MIND)

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My mind is open, but that doesn't mean I'll let my brain fall out. It's egotistical for modern man to assume ancient man must have had alien benefactors simply because they performed feats of architecture and construction extremely hard to duplicate today. Being open minded doesn't mean you push the facts away in favor of theories based on theories based on theories.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Im talking about the great pyramids not the obelisks.....

I was talking of both. They were also clever with the use of sand, and used the controlled release of sand to move heavy objects.

As for trees, ever been to Egypt? There are plenty along the river, as there likely was then as well, and not just date palms. They didn't need to replace every one of them, they simply needed to use a few for each stone. Also, the ramp was a gentler slope, and required less force to pull and push the stone up...

There are other options for the way the ramp was used as well... We know they used a ramp and logs because we've seen art depicting the process. However, what the art doesn't show, is whether or not the logs were set to rotate, and were actually stationary (my personal belief) forming a primitive but effective conveyor belt....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Aliens obviously helped.

Read somewhere that the pyrimids were actualy built BEFORE man.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Im just putting my opinion across im not saying they couldnt have built the great pyramids im just saying there maybe a chance that we were helped by something else!!!! (OPEN YOUR MIND)

It has been well covered by many archeological books and educational tv on how these (all) pyramids were built. I'd suggest reading up or watching some of these before throwing out the years of extensive digs and research that has already been done on this subject and handing the credit over to aliens. Not a very open mind IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I agree with Devil9t9uk. I really don't think that they could have done that in less than a hundred years. Its just a matter of how did they get those huge blocks in place. They would have had to shut down once the got anywhere close to the top. Also why would the Mayans build pyramids also. Mesopotamia was building them. Well it might somehow be possible but I just cant see it happening in ancient times. Its just that no matter how many slaves you use it still isn't enough. The thing that makes it hard to believe is that the land around there is pretty much flat. So they wouldn't have even been able to use higher ground even. That and what was the point of building the great pyramids.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
this subject actually interests me quite a bit....i plan on doing a bit of digging into this eventually, but for now, does anyone here have any links i can go to that would VISUALLY illustrate how the pyramids could be built by man? if true, that would be an extraordinary feat.....those blocks weighed a ton (no pun intended), not to mention the extremely close fit of each block to the other, as well as the mathematical properties....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The pyramid was used all over for one simple reason....

If you want to make a tall structure, before the arch, butressing, etc., a pyramid was the way to do it... It was the only structurally sound way of making a tall structure in ancient times. It doesn't take advanced math or physics to realize this...just playing in the sand with making sand castles would teach you this, as it no doubt taught early architects....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join