It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 377.htm
<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
It's sad. Many, many families all along the coast of Japan are local fisherman. It was their whole way of life for generations. What will they do now?

Maybe Russia will let them fish off their coast? Also to consider... seaweed is high in iodine... will that now have radioactive iodine?
edit on 27-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Plug leak.

Anyone got a really big heatproof cork we can borrow?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I stand in horrified awe of the spin doctors controlling this thing. How, just when things seem so grim, they seem to give us some hope, and then when that turns to vapor, once again make it seem like they are so industrious and heroic!

Redneck is spot on, IMO, and we are seeing a 'slow motion' catastrophe that is only being made worse by their efforts to obfuscate and hide the truth, intentionally. And that is the real crime here. They are intentionally hiding the truth from us all so they can protect themselves. I'm wondering why they are bothering with all these useless efforts (at the cost of worker lives - not that they care about these 'expendables'), since a huge explosion at this point would no doubt wipe out the evidence of their criminal malpractice. Chances are they are putting on a show for the media to divert attention while really doing something else behind the scenes to cover their tracks. My hope is that we aren't the only ones who can put 2+2 together and for those experts who have the eyes to see what is happening they will also be able to raise the curtain on the truth and hold these insane megalomaniacs accountable.

As the sun goes down on the west coast of Canada I am seeing a bright red sunset and feeling so sick for our planet, our home.

"There could be no clearer example of the prevailing dictatorship of economics… That nuclear fission represents an incredible, incomparable, and unique hazard for human life does not enter any calculation and is never mentioned." To submit to the nuclear lobby, he continues, "is a transgression against life itself, a transgression infinitely more serious than any crime ever perpetrated by man. The idea that a civilisation could sustain itself on the basis of such a trangression is an ethical, spiritual, and metaphysical monstrosity."

EF Schumacher Quote

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

It's sad. Many, many families all along the coast of Japan are local fisherman. It was their whole way of life for generations. What will they do now?

Maybe Russia will let them fish off their coast? Also to consider... seaweed is high in iodine... will that now have radioactive iodine?

Regarding Russia- Most of these families have or had very small coastal fishing vessels with short range. Larger fishing boats capable of reaching farther distances would be prohibitively too expensive for most to buy, run, and maintain. Looks like Japan will be importing much more of their fish from now on.

As far radioactive seaweed... that would be bad. Japan consumes large amounts of the stuff.
edit on 27-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Anyhow, much of Japan's fishing industry is toast.

Saw a film earlier showing the fishermen looking at boats on shore. One said it would take about a year to repair it, but he is not sure if there is a point because of the radiation... So it seems that the fishermen are aware

I think the farmers and fishermen will have to be adopted as a National Treasure, and supported for a generation or more in preservation and restoration efforts. The fields will have to be decontaminated like was done at Palomares, Spain in the 1960's, and the fishermen will have to restore their boats and go elsewhere to fish or spend their time educating the next generation of fishermen (with the knowledge that isn't in books).

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Press conference about to start

Edama

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
S. Korea detects small amount of radioactive xenon

A small amount of radioactive xenon, believed to have come from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, has been detected by a South Korean detection station, South Korea's Nuclear Safety Information Center said Monday.

''Evaluation has arrived at a high possibility the accident at the Fukushima nuclear power plant caused by the March 11 giant earthquake had caused the xenon detection,'' a press release from the center said.

link

Sounds like some radiation is blowing west. All of Japan probably has at least a light coating now.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Okay here we go everything is fine now yes?

The NHK sciece guy just posted the rehabilitation plan... though he does say they have no idea how and it will take months

PLUG LEAK?

AAARGGGGGGGGG

They've got to be joking...yes? Rehabilitation...no way...more like resurrection. I can't help but see a bunch of blithering Tepco PR guys, sitting in front of a computer monitor, clicking their way through photoshop stock pie charts, and graphs, saying...yeah, that's the ticket, We'll use that one.

Forget PLUG LEAK...plug the whole damn ocean while you're at it....sheesh!

At least they let us know the Central Control Room, has only apparently, ONE GAUGE!.

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

I guess they are going to have to change their diet. They won't be as healthy as they once were but they will survive I guess.

We are witnessing an amazing time in history. We will be made witnesses to a dramatic change in an ancient culture over 10,000 years old. They will have to change and adapt to survive.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've been watching this thread for a few days now and I am very impressed with the sheer amount of information posted. Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread--your willingness to share your expertise is so appreciated. This is my first post ever on ATS. I have a question:

What impact could a steam explosion at one or more of the reactors have on the already unstable plate structures in the area? Could force of such an explosion make things much more unstable seismically?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Press conference about to start

Edama

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Thanks for the heads-up.

So far.. more crap vague and dodgy answers from the govt. "Maybe"... "It is a possibility"... "We don't know"... "We'll have to get back to you"... Panic control in full swing.

Maybe a reporter should ask the government spokesperson where reactor # 3 building is.

link   
Okay so they keep saying they are pumping in water...

bur NO ONE is asking where all this water is GOING

The melting fuel is temporary and it should stop.... SAY WHAT?

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Reminds me of that silly internet meme:

1) Decide to plug leak
2) ???????
3) Leak plugged: win.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Any way we can bribe a reporter to ask OUR questions at one of these press conferences?

I gotz a list

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
* NEWS ADVISORY: Locals within 20-km evacuation zone asked not to return for now (11:39)

* NEWS ADVISORY: TEPCO's mishandling of info on nuclear crisis 'unacceptable': Edano (11:38)

Kyodo News

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Offer them a fully chartered flight out of there for all their family and friends.

link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by zorgon

uhhh and dumping more storage pool water is going to put more radioactivity into the ocean and increase the storage pool temperatures even further. I think it's a risky idea.
I think that it another lie.
They have zero chance of accomplishing any of that in the near future. I think that a lot of what they have reportedly accomplished wasn't really done. IMO they don't really have instrumentation at the plant and are either guessing or lying.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nuumm

Welcome to ATS!

A steam explosion would likely be much smaller than would be required to make much of a difference to the tectonic plates. While it is theoretically possible, in reality it is extremely unlikely.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"No immediate risk to health"

Yet the people are not allowed to return home to grab their belongings.

They are still getting data to see if it might be possible...

Ummmm okay....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Am I wrong, or is this the first press conference where he's actually started saying that there ARE melting rods, for sure? As in, we totally admit to the meltdown now?

top topics

<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join