It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
just curious, the information in this thread has slowed down, did people bail to go to another thread?
or are people trying to get information before they post it?

The info is coming out a bit slower now....

Fact checking can also take a bit of time with an unprecedented event such as this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Absurd thought maybe, but I was impressed with all those houses floating intact. They must build them well over there.

People should not be in a panic in N. America over this radiation thing. All reports are that release will be minimal.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Guys I'm in Australia.

So, I looked @ the jet stream stuff, it appears its way further up, and won't hit Australia at all, right?

If it actually could...

Where can I get that potassium stuff, and should I be getting the iodine or iodate?

Also, where would I get the pills rather than just the power?

link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well if Mercury traces from China have been found in America's waters & fish, fine particles of radiation no doubt will easily travel the few thousand miles on the strong jetstream, which the Japanese knew was there back in WW2 to their brief advantage, causing a unseen environmental disaster.

You are correct.. never doubted that for one minute.

Its why I have told people to watch the jetstream since the event happened. The total impact of this event will not be known for some time to come.

link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
Just curious, the information in this thread has slowed down, did people bail to go to another thread? Or are people trying to get information before they post it?
edit on 12-3-2011 by Dyzan because: grammer and syntax

I also thought this

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A reporter on BBC news channel claims police have turned him away at a roadblock,60 km away from nuke plant,saying it is unsafe to enter the area!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

All reports are that release will be minimal.

Agreed, I don't subscribe to fear mongering... But I also do NOT believe the MSM at all.

So, be safe, stock up on POTASSIUM IODIDE if you think you are living in a danger area, and, keep and eye on which way the wind is blowing...

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

Back to tin foil hats, everyone, take off the gas masks...

Lol, I have no idea what happened here, but I replied to the guy saying the smoke was CGI, hence fake.

Umm, I bloopered the quote?

Oo

now Im confused..

*shakes fist at Randy!!* Whyy You!!!!

edit on 12/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I can't imagine trying to evacuate a million people, let alone a million frightened people with your infrastructure completely destroyed like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Great live news feed here from Reuters.
Reuters

link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Where can I get that potassium stuff, and should I be getting the iodine or iodate?

What you're looking for is:

Potassium Iodide

You'll have to call around to pharmacies there and maybe even health food stores. I wouldn't trust the internet at this point, but, that's just me.

peace and stay safe

edit on 12-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   
Double quote, for truth!!... that I can't work out these things.. Whew!
edit on 12/3/2011 by badw0lf because: oO

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I can't imagine trying to evacuate a million people, let alone a million frightened people with your infrastructure completely destroyed like that.

Not only that.. they have advised people to stay indoors...

Kind of a hard thing to do when your home has been demolished by a wall of water. I truly feel for these people, I can only imagine the absolute fear and desperation they are going through.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by shadowland8

What you're looking for is:

Potassium Iodide

You'll have to call around to pharmacies there and maybe even health food stores. I wouldn't trust the internet at this point, but, that's just me.

peace and stay safe

Do you know off hand how much to take?/? like mg per day per person??

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

Back to tin foil hats, everyone, take off the gas masks...

Everyone? Is it just me? Or is Badwolf in complete denial?

Lol, I have no idea what happened here, but I replied to the guy saying the smoke was CGI, hence fake.

Umm, I bloopered the quote?

Oo

now Im confused

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

LMAO

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Buying your Japanese luxuries will be too-late soon, so unless there's anything your after (consoles/anime etc) i'd take advantage of the prices there at now. And if your a lover of Californian wine, i'd stock up on that soon as if the windflow charts are correct, there might not be much to sell of it soon, similar with the orange groves, etc. Massive impacts for all of the Northern Pacific Basin into America if what's coming out today is true.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Riff2525

It's not something you want to take unless you actually need it.
www.jtbaker.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

you only have to take a single maximum dose.....around 200mg (?)....once. it saturates your thyroid and takes weeks to filter out.

and it can be taken within around 20 minutes of the radiation fallout.
edit on 12-3-2011 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

link   
Japan's Nuclear & Industrial Safety Agency: serious damage to nuclear reactor is unlikely despite the large explosion - Kyodo/AFP agencies
english.kyodonews.jp...

link   

Potassium iodide is used medicinally in tablets, usually containing 130 mg of KI, of which 100 mg is iodine (as iodide). Potassium iodide may also be administered as a "saturated solution of potassium iodide" (SSKI) which in the U.S.P. generic formulation contains 1000 mg of KI per mL of solution. This represents 333 mg KI and about 250 mg iodide (I -) in a typical adult dose of 5 drops, assumed to be ⅓ mL.[2] Because SSKI is a viscous liquid, it is normally assumed to contain 15 drops/milliliter, not 20 drops/milliliter as is often assumed for water.[3] Thus, each drop of U.S.P. SSKI is assumed to contain about 50 mg iodine as iodide, I -. Thus, two (2) drops of U.S.P. SSKI solution is equivalent to one 130 mg KI tablet (100 mg iodide).
source

If that is as confusing to you as it is to me I can bet the pharmacy where you purchase the pills will have instructions.

OR!

We can take tgidkp word for this.

you only have to take a single maximum dose.....around 2000mg (?)....once. it saturates your thyroid and takes weeks to filter out.

I'd ask the pharmacist but honestly? My gut tells me to trust this ATS members advice. I don't know why other than I'm afraid EVERYONE is going to do all they can to profit of of this catastrophe.

peace

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join