It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

From Russia, there is information that the South Kuril Islands ... tsunami waves do not exceed 2-3 meters.

That is the current update on the current tsunami waves hitting the South Kuril Islands.

That info is from the Japanese News site I have been watching.
News

edit on 12-3-2011 by Ceriddwen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

599 people have been confirmed dead in Friday's earthquake. An additional 400 to 500 bodies found in Miyagi Prefecture are likely to bring the death toll to more than 1,000.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Getting worse.. and I'm sure this number will rise, although I hope it wont.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
reply to post by randyvs

Don't know how valid it is but I heard from a few sources that "The Elite" are @ New Delhi, potentially in underground bunkers,

Sorry for going off-topic(ish) just wanted to answer this guys question.

Well I hope to Mod it at least relates. Thank you for that. It came as a surprise, that being what, 10 pages back already.

link   
Was looking at wind Vectors for Japan last night (posted here from WUnderground.)

Winds from the plant are West-East, that's from Japan to the US in laymans terms carried by uppers, lower levels are still at 6k/mph. With a transitionary for the winds to swing South towards Tokyo and the South of the main island during this weekend. Isn't looking great at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Just in case anyone is wanting it,

www.cnn.com... here is the live stream link from CNN.
Translating japan news live.

link   
reply to post by twitchy

Perhaps you need to read back further because there was a FAKE map posted showing lethal doses would be spread to the USA and since then theres been numerous panic posts of people on the west coast saying they need to get gas masks, evacuate etc even after the map was said to be fake. Thus, fearmongering.

link   
reply to post by RUDDD

60k is no good. They are completely defunct, how to move 1 million people away from Radiation... This is unprecidented, in the 1900's there was a great quake, but there were no Nuclear Plants then. This is a wholey different scenario, a 8.9 magnitude earthquake, Tsunami, no power, and Nuclear Reactor breaches...

Highly populated zone for the Radiation to reach, and 1 million people in the way with no roads or transit system working...

A perfect disaster.

edit on 3/12/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

FLASH: Serious damage to reactor container at nuclear plant unlikely - Kyodo quoting Japan nuclear agency

It seems that the Japanese nuclear authorities are kind of discarding a reactor meltdown or any other serious damage. But it's hard to know since at this point the last thing they want is to create even more panic and bring total chaos to a already chaotic situation.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

Back to tin foil hats, everyone, take off the gas masks...

Everyone? Is it just me? Or is Badwolf in complete denial?

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Brainiac

The Perfect Dissater. That's pretty good.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Woah. Anyone else catch that image on nhk? this ISNT the same reactor is it? if so...

i1176.photobucket.com...

link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by twitchy

Perhaps you need to read back further because there was a FAKE map posted showing lethal doses would be spread to the USA and since then theres been numerous panic posts of people on the west coast saying they need to get gas masks, evacuate etc even after the map was said to be fake. Thus, fearmongering.

Now, was it this map, or the claims of people dying 5000 miles away from Chernobyl that I can't find?
Yes there was a map posted by extralien, and captaintyinknots was the first to call it out as a fake if I'm not mistaken, thus, your point is moot. Captaintyinknots is hardly fearmongering as you accused him earlier. Thus,

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Jakes51

"No Chernobyl is possible at a light water reactor. Loss of coolant means a temperature rise, but it also will stop the reaction," he said. ...

Now what they don't want is 1 million sick Japanese people to try to rescue...

Can you imagine that?

Yes, a million sick and dying people is very serious. It will be a rescue effort of epic proportions. This situation is getting out of control. The deterioration is happening so rapidly, and simultaneously. I have never seen anything like it before. Thanks for the info!
edit on 12-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by twitchy

I did look back... he never said lethal doses. Just mentioned the fact that fallout could reach the west coast.. which is completely possible.

Will anybody die from those levels if the reach there.. probably not.. could there be long term health problems. sure.

Tensions are high folks... lets just stick to facts and get what information we can back up out there.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
How the hell are they going to keep the other 4 from blowing if they get near the blown one they die??? I hope this hasnt been awnsered before. Pages are adding up faster than I can read em.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just curious, the information in this thread has slowed down, did people bail to go to another thread? Or are people trying to get information before they post it?
edit on 12-3-2011 by Dyzan because: grammer and syntax

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Woah. Anyone else catch that image on nhk? this ISNT the same reactor is it? if so...

i1176.photobucket.com...

I posted a link to this image earlier on in the thread, this is the same reactor housing.
All thats left, as can be seen, is the structural skeleton..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well if Mercury traces from China have been found in America's waters & fish, fine particles of radiation no doubt will easily travel the few thousand miles on the strong jetstream, which the Japanese knew was there back in WW2 to their brief advantage, causing a unseen environmental disaster.

link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
just curious, the information in this thread has slowed down, did people bail to go to another thread?
or are people trying to get information before they post it?

was wondering same thing. I think it's because news alert just came back on and everyone watching.

link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Yes that is the building.. before and after..

They are currently ststing that the reactor is not severely damaged by the explosion..

link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

Back to tin foil hats, everyone, take off the gas masks...

Everyone? Is it just me? Or is Badwolf in complete denial? :lol

Ya, just you Randy

Oh did I forget my sarcasm tags again? Did you read the post I replied to?

You silly billy..

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join