It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
wow boy has this thread turned to troll bait..

80,000 missing.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
for those of you who care 5.1 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 8:53am at epicenter (20m ago, 148km SE of Morioka, depth 25… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I wasn't blaming you at all, perhaps you should read through the thread yourself? I was just trying to clear up something (ie: the pic was from Kobe and not yesterday). I meant to harm and wasn't pointing fingers, in fact, I thought I was being quite helpful about the whole thing without being snarky.

If you can't understand that, for whatever reason, it's not my problem. I'm not going to engage in a pointless back and forth with you over something as inane your paranoia in this matter. Especially, and I do stress this, in a thread discussing a major disaster where thousands may have died. It's distasteful.

Hopefully we're clear now because this is my last post to you or anyone else on this matter.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
NO NO NO PLEASE NO!!!... 0014: Japan declares a state of emergency at the Fukushima-Daini power plant, where three of its reactors failed, the Associated Press reports. It says a state of emergency is already in place at the nearby Fukushima-Daiichi plant, where two reactors failed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skllthndl

i am glad we are in agreement, perhaps you should consider your implications on other members before you post something like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

here is a link of the chile quake, 8.8, experienced over 200 aftershocks for several days in magnitudes of 5-7 as well, geologists saying that this is normal and they could experience effects for months to come even years

link   

Originally posted by greenCo
NO NO NO PLEASE NO!!!... 0014: Japan declares a state of emergency at the Fukushima-Daini power plant, where three of its reactors failed, the Associated Press reports. It says a state of emergency is already in place at the nearby Fukushima-Daiichi plant, where two reactors failed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry for the question...does failed mean lost cause? Or does failed mean they are now in panic mode to solve the problem before it becomes an absolute disaster? If you can answer...
this is awful...

link   
now 5 reactors have problems Japan declares states of emergency for five nuclear reactors at two power plants: apne.ws... #earthquake

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What I am actually finding a little strange is that there has been no aftershocks (recorded yet) associated with the 6.6 on the west coast of the Japan. (it was not related to the 8.9)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
now 5 reactors have problems Japan declares states of emergency for five nuclear reactors at two power plants: apne.ws... #earthquake

Holy #...the implications of all of this....just incredible...how much can change in 24 hours...sick to my stomach.

link   
Watching live shots just now on BBC news.

Utter devastation!

Where do they even start cleaning this up!

link   

The probability of one going into meltdown has increased in that case. This is getting to be really worrying.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OK then Gullible, I will ask you properly - could you please continue updating us with RELEVANT information without the good for nothing one-liners and the updates for the aftershocks? And as you're good with handling information (ATS could hire you for the role of the "The Updator",neat, huh?), why don't you do the research yourself, about such aftershocks occuring being something normal after such an enormously devastating event?

Anyways, uhhhh, thanks for the updates

p.s. I'll now stop posting and will continue following the situation away from this thread, thanks everyone for your updates (yes, Gullible, you too) lets hope all of this madness ends soon.
edit on 11-3-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Watching live shots just now on BBC news.

Utter devastation!

Where do they even start cleaning this up!

exactly, whats the point anymore, they should be getting the hell ou of there.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

ok mr sarcastic no more aftershock updates ok

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

i know, im waiting on these people on here to say im fear mongering
for reporting that to , and say no that is completly normal, they will fix it
and even if it blows they will live nothing to see here

link   

another link discussing the japan aftershocks:

turnstylenews.com...

link   

People living within a 3km (two-mile) radius of the Fukushima-Daini nuclear plant are told to evacuate, the AFP news agency reports.

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by ch1n1t0

ok mr sarcastic no more aftershock updates ok

There's kinda an unwritten rule about that on these EQ threads..How about only the major ones?

edit on 11-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join