It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

5.0 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 9:21am at epicenter (22m ago, 196km ESE of Morioka, depth 25… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You know, the prediction of a March 15 pole shift seems kinda relevant right about now. Just saying...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
cbs also confirms 2nd powerplant problem

BREAKING: #Japan issues state of emergency at 2nd nuclear plant after cooling system failure http://(link tracking not allowed)/exMpxQ #jpquake

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Waiting for the another big one... 2343: Dr Susan Hough, a seismologist at the US Geological Survey in California, tells the BBC: "Sometimes you seem to get a cluster, and this has happened a few times that you can think back to. In 1999, there were a couple of big earthquakes, and just last year there were a lot of the same questions because we had an 8.8 off of Chile very close to the Haiti earthquake."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
these everytime i post these are newly reported

5.3 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 8:26am at epicenter (19m ago, 148km ESE of Morioka, depth 2… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The cooling system failed at three reactors of the quake-hit Fukushima No.2 nuclear power plant #fukushima #japan #tsunami

link   
could you please tell me where is this information coming from? thanks

link   
Japanese tsunami reaches San Fran.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori

That is horrific...Shaking all day? And the way the water was just rushing over the land...insane. What is the survival procedure for a incoming 20ft+ again? Head for the hills.

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
The cooling system failed at three reactors of the quake-hit Fukushima No.2 nuclear power plant #fukushima #japan #tsunami

getting it from twitter links are with my posts

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Was it just a big wave? Any damage?

link   
reply to post by greenCo

That is a sobering thought. But, trying to look at the brighter side, perhaps we've already had the one-two punch like last year: Maybe the New Zealand quake was the first and this one today was the second. As I remember even, the Haiti quake was weaker than the Chile quake; much like the New Zealand quake was weaker than this one.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
see

RT
RT_com RT
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Earthquakes Tsunamis
NewEarthquake Earthquakes Tsunamis
5.3 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 8:26am at epicenter (19m ago, 148km ESE of Morioka, depth 2… j.mp...
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
CBS Evening News
CBSEveningNews CBS Evening News
by CBSNews
Don't forget to tune in to tonight's show for complete coverage of the #Japan quake
50 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
CNN Breaking News
cnnbrk CNN Breaking News
State of emergency declared for all counties for Oklahoma due to #wildfires on.cnn.com...
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
The SETI Institute
SETIInstitute The SETI Institute
NASA’s Chandra X-ray observatory finds superfluid in neutron star’s core /4pwsq89
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Huffington Post
HuffingtonPost Huffington Post
This week's HuffPost Family Dinner Download -- celebrating women:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have the strangest feeling right now that it's not over....

Feels like more catastrophe is on the way..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
On BBC the japanese pM has declared a 'nuclear emergency'.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
that last post came out jumbled, check it out for your selves everything i post can be verified. i'm not making it up lol, go subcribe to major news feeds on twitter see for your self

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

asiangazette.blogspot.com...

The image was from the Kobe earthquake, 1995. The blog post where the picture is found in duplicate was from April, 2010.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I have the strangest feeling right now that it's not over....

Feels like more catastrophe is on the way..

I second this. Feels like this was just the first, i don't mean to sound overly dramatic.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The 2 Fukushima nuclear plants are having big problems with cooling systems no longer working! SOURCE

11.34pm GMT: Meanwhile, Japan's nuclear safety agency is set to issue an unprecedented order for Tepco to open a valve at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to release pressure, as we reported earlier.

The good news is that the 3,000 residents in the initial evacuation radius have been safely removed.

11.29pm GMT: This is more chilling news from Kyodo:

The cooling system failed at three reactors of the quake-hit Fukushima No 2 [Daini] nuclear power plant Saturday, the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said.

The company, which has already scrambled to deal with radiation leaks at its Fukushima [Daiichi] No 1 plant, notified the industry ministry that the failsafe system at the No 2 plant stopped functioning as the temperature of coolant water has topped 100C.

So much for the "failsafe system", which appears to have failed.

11.10pm GMT: The Fukushima Daini plant has now been added to the government's emergency list.

Earlier, Tepco – the Tokyo Power company – had reported:

A seriously injured worker is still trapped in the crane operating console of the exhaust stack and his breathing and pulse cannot be confirmed.

11pm GMT: The Kyodo news agency is reporting that the Japanese government is ordering Tepco to open valves on the Fukushima Daiichi No 1 reactor to release pressure.

10.45pm GMT: Now there are reports from nuclear plant operator Tepco that the Fukushima Daini plant has lost cooling to three of its reactors.

It was one reactor in the Fukushima Daiichi plant that had been the cause for concern earlier – so this news is certainly unwelcome.

According to Dow-Jones, Tepco says that the temperatures of its No 1 and No 2 reactors at its Fukushima Daini nuclear power station are rising, and it has lost control over pressure within the reactors.

Fukushima Daini station is the second nuclear power plant the company has in Fukushima prefecture in northeastern Japan, where the troubled Fukushima Daiichi plant is located.

Religious people from all faiths here, please PRAY that there will be no nuclear meltdown!

This is TWO big nuclear power plants... it would dwarf Tchernobyl. Local residents have been evacuated, fortunately, but Tepco seems to be not very efficient with answering to this dangerous situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skllthndl
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

asiangazette.blogspot.com...

The image was from the Kobe earthquake, 1995. The blog post where the picture is found in duplicate was from April, 2010.

so why are you telling me ? i didnt post it i commented on it saying mindblowing
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join