It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Riff2525

sooooooo you can log into and post on ats but cant google ?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
US sending money, water coolers and man power to Japan.
No one talks about this stuff when hating on the most generous country, besides Canada
, in the world.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

link   
NewEarthquake Earthquakes Tsunamis
5.4 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 7:54am at epicenter (23m ago, 137km ESE of Iwaki, depth 25k… j.mp...
4 minutes ago

link   
In Chernobyl accident, major concern was that melted core would get in touch with water in tanks below it.

They managed to draw water out in time. If they had not, Europe would not be inhabitable.

Water and melted core are bad combination.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

the damage way inland wasn't that bad. lot of shaking and power out but nothing too serious. its the tsunami that caused the real havoc along the whole coast.
all the nuke power plants are situated along the coastline.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deithiel

Is there water in the Japanese tanks?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
maracamp NASA says the #Japan quake increased the earth's rotation by 1.6 microseconds bc of a shift in the earth's mass, making this day shorter.

Wow..Thats neat!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

to hell if I know. Hope not.

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by Riff2525

sooooooo you can log into and post on ats but cant google ?

That's right.............. I'm on the edge network....slower than dialup....using my wifes phone dongled to my laptop. Not everyone is sitting in the city in front of a command center. I'd rather keep refreshing ATS than randomly google and read a billion links of bs......Ty

link   
ugh wow..........

4.9 earthquake, eastern Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 8:05am at epicenter (17m ago, 61km E of Morioka, depth 65km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"Because the big earthquake in Greece and Turkey (autumn 1999) took place after the total solar eclipse (= new moon constellation), the Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami 2004 at full moon, and many more major earthquakes at the special full or new moon constellations. The russian scientists and others have observed that probability of major earthquakes is high at or 1..3 days after full or new moon when the line of gravitation crosses close to the tectonic plates boundaries."
Source
edit on 11-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh wow this is unbelievable.

link   
RT @abcnewsblotter: Pressure at Damaged #Japan #Nuclear Reactor Rising Fears: abcn.ws... #tsunami #earthquake @mattmosk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Tragic more on the way according to N.O.A.A next 48 hours,anywhere on the globe.
source

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled to active for the next three days (11-13 March) with a slight chance for minor to major storm conditions, particularly at high latitudes. Effects from the 07 March CME will slowly subside during day one (11 March), but the arrival of a coronal hole high speed stream is expected to become geoeffective late on day two (12 March) through day three (13 March).

sorryfull situation.
Prior solar interaction

Rebound early in morning when and during occurrence/event

Recomencing flare,very red aurora,high voltage.

Summary ---more on the way

edit on 11-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article from a newspaper in Honolulu. Apparently, for those wondering where the 9.1 figure comes from, the Tsunami warning center raised it's estimate of the quakes magnitude; while the USGS is keeping their initial estimate.

That is why Fox, CNN, and other news sources are using the 8.9 figure still; they're going off the USGS's estimate for the quakes strength. It has nothing to do with shotty reporting.

edit on 3/11/2011 by octotom because: Fixing BBCode

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
what's going to happen on march 15th ? looking back at the predictions through march 4th on till the 15th
not looking
good.

link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Live coverage from Japan....

www.ustream.tv...

Images are surreal....those poor people, my thoughts and prayers go out to them....

~Namaste

OH MY GOD...my heart just broke into! I just clicked on the vid and it took me a while to realize what I was looking at. They were showing a helicopter with a rescue soldier picking up one lone person. The 2 dangling from the cable looked so small compared to the background...how devastating!

link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Possible new earthquake got confirmed. Could occur in some days or so. It´s not over yet. Damn this sucks.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deithiel

In Chernobyl accident, major concern was that melted core would get in touch with water in tanks below it.

They managed to draw water out in time. If they had not, Europe would not be inhabitable.

Is there any evidence to back that up? It just sounds over the top that's all.

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join