It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
How wonderful Gullible we need news like that thanks for sharing

at least we got some good news !

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984If you don't want to say a prayer or keep the people of that ravished country in your thoughts, then don't. But that makes you an awful person.

They are in my thoughts. Saying a prayer would just be something to make me feel good about myself without actually doing anything useful for the victims.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Japan’s government opens emergency meeting over quake-hit nuclear power plant #fukushima #japan #tsunami

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
reply to post by shikori

I agree with your observation

but the question what does this mean if small quakes don't release stress built up along the plates/subduction zones then they will build up and create conditions for a pretty big one.

does anyone else agree with this conclusion.

answers/suggestions/criticism & comments welcome.

Thanks

Just drank 1.5 L bottle of red wine

Maybe someone can answer this for me...so I keep seeing a lot about quakes relieving stress, and aftershocks doing the same....what would be the outcome (or is it even possible) if this massive quake actually created more stress, and the aftershocks are adding to it? Would that possibly explain why it is quiet everywhere else? The added tension? Seems awfully scary to think about...I always watch programs about these mass devastation scenarios, and I recall one about a massive earthquake....I wasn't very old at the time and it scared the # out of me. I am in Iowa...and I've been unnerved all day, since I first heard of this happening in Japan...just a very grim, uneasy feeling....never knew I feared nature so much as I have the majority of today.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nghtshd

Originally posted by mademyself1984If you don't want to say a prayer or keep the people of that ravished country in your thoughts, then don't. But that makes you an awful person.

They are in my thoughts. Saying a prayer would just be something to make me feel good about myself without actually doing anything useful for the victims.

That's funny, as a Christian (and a poor one at that), I've never felt self-gratification for praying for those whose situations I can't help or understand....to each his own.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
trent park on fox news who lives in tokyo comments that the aftershocks are not letting up and are intense and nothing like the aftershocks he felt when he lived in la

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This guy works with power plant stuff, found the link from the guardian updates after it was linked : twitter.com...

He's been explaining about what might be happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been added yet.

Make of it what you will.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Some #Tsunami advisories still active. on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
they better figure this out soon !!!!

Analysts say Japan may have hours to prevent nuclear meltdown t.co...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It seems that there are some emergency cooling systems which are not being used yet, due to them being last-resort cooling procedures:

Another official at the nuclear safety agency, Yuji Kakizaki, said that plant workers were cooling the reactor with a secondary cooling system, which is not as effective as the regular cooling method. Kakizaki said officials have confirmed that the emergency cooling system -- the last-ditch cooling measure to prevent the reactor from the meltdown -- is intact and could kick in if needed. "That's as a last resort, and we have not reached that stage yet," Kakizaki added. Source: 5 Japan Nuke Reactors in Emergency State | NBC San Diego

link: www.nbcsandiego.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Anyone watching the nhk live feed, and wondering what that 'white stuff' on the ground is. That's Oceanic salt leftover from what the Ocean receded back after the waves came ashore.
edit on 11-3-2011 by RUDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Heres a file for the program google earth that over lays the earth quakes locations on google earth.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Works with the program google earth not google maps on the internet.
www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

That would explain the emergency meeting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

thanks for the link ,im downloading it now

link   
0050: Reaction to events at two nuclear power plants 250km (160 miles) north east of Tokyo, where states of emergencies have been declared. Environmental group Greenpeace tells the AFP news agency "Japan is in the middle of a nuclear crisis with potentially devastating consequences". Campaigner Jan Beranek adds: "While the immediate focus is on minimising radiation release and keeping local people safe, this is yet another reminder of the inherent risks of nuclear power."

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
trent park on fox news who lives in tokyo comments that the aftershocks are not letting up and are intense and nothing like the aftershocks he felt when he lived in la

underlord I hate to see trolls do this to you bud.. Or maybe you all are just trolls..

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Their is nothing normal about this quake in Japan, or the Tsunami, or especially the Intense sized aftershocks.

even if it was or just is a 8.9 8.8 or 9.1 reports have been reported that the original quake lasted a FEW minutes.... After shocks every 2-3mins.. Also earthquakes of this magnitude are suppose to be rare, yet in the last 5 years we have had like 3, I can't really remember right at this moment but the number is abnormal. I won't name call, but to say all of this is normal. Is being very stupid, or just being foolish on a forum to be a ... wait for it.... A TROLL

edit on 11-3-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

That would explain the emergency meeting.

indeed ! they got to be in talks about press confrence and be planning a evac

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

its ok .. and i am not a troll lol i assure you

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

(snip)

Except that we are on ATS because we want to be, and are here to get the info that filters in from all the other sources.

Seriously, why do people participate in a live update thread if they dont want the live updates??

Just think if Gullible posted the links for the info from the alleged "filters in from all the other sources"... where he/she is getting it from.... you would have the whole story instead of one liners filtered through another member.

As I listed earlier.... the links are there, factual news is everywhere regarding this. This thread should have been for continued discussion and links.

Adios.

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join