It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 122
588
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We couldn't possible know what the earth is doing underneath Japan right now, it's an island, it's been reported to have moved due to the quake, everyone is describing it felt like floating, i see water bubbling up from the ground & roads..it seems to me Japan as a land mass is very unstable right now, Earth is still ringing from this one, so it's no surprise to me that they are shaking right now, I think it's only necessary to report 7.0+ quakes in japan, but lets pay attention to our other fault lines as well.




posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I saw the wave hitting live, right as it happened.
I could not believe what I was seeing, Hollywood type S&%t!

Things seem to be worsening.
I'm certainly more alert now, than I was before 2004.

My thoughts are with Japan and any other Pacific nations affected by this chaos.

Stay alert, stay alive, be kind to each-other.

Peace.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
OK then Gullible, I will ask you properly - could you please continue updating us with RELEVANT information without the good for nothing one-liners and the updates for the aftershocks? And as you're good with handling information (ATS could hire you for the role of the "The Updator",neat, huh?), why don't you do the research yourself, about such aftershocks occuring being something normal after such an enormously devastating event?

Anyways, uhhhh, thanks for the updates


Seriously, do you understand what thread you are in??? IT IS THE LIVE UPDATES THREAD. If you dont think the updates are relevant, why are you in here?

Quit attacking members and add something, or move on. For someone accusing another of being irrelevant, you sure havent added anything but trolling here....



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by ch1n1t0
 


ok mr sarcastic no more aftershock updates ok


please keep the updates coming.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Do you realize that all the quakes along every other fault line has ceased, suggesting gridlock along some of the major subduction and transform plate boundaries. All the quakes today have been in japan, hawaii and one in mexico, all of them are associated with the ring of fire. Anyone else agree or disagree?



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
they found the people on the boats !!!
Japanese boat swept away by tsunami found, all 81 aboard airlifted to safety - reports



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Anyone wanting updates on the aftershocks and other earthquakes in the area can easily visit a number of websites.

Here is one where you can see a full recent earthquake listings and be able to see how many there are:

recent earthquakes in the world

And here is a map that updates itself:

Live Earthquake Mashup

With so much going on... there is no reason anyone should be posting/discussing every aftershock here. And, in saying that, that does not mean we "don't care" about the aftershocks... it simply means there are other much greater concerns that should be discussed at this time.

I'm so glad someone finally said something.... I had just given up on this thread myself.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori
 


seems like a lot of us have this unnerving feeling that the worst is yet to come... hopefully we're all just being paranoid



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i noticed it's been quiet every where else today. and ideas why



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
they found the people on the boats !!!
Japanese boat swept away by tsunami found, all 81 aboard airlifted to safety - reports


A small bright spot certainly. Silver linings are better than nothing at all.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
sorry i caused so much bs on this thread i really just wanted to keep this thread updated



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
0033: Naval and coastguard helicopters airlift all 81 people to safety from a ship that was swept out to sea by a tsunami, the AFP news agency reports, quoting Japanese media.
0023: People living within a 3km (two-mile) radius of the Fukushima-Daini nuclear plant are told to evacuate, the AFP news agency reports.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
Do you realize that all the quakes along every other fault line has ceased, suggesting gridlock along some of the major subduction and transform plate boundaries. All the quakes today have been in japan, hawaii and one in mexico, all of them are associated with the ring of fire. Anyone else agree or disagree?


I was noticing that exact same thing, and it is not normal. Look at the week before this right up to the day activity all over the place and now its to quiet. This is not normal, and when something gives, it will be worse then the quake I am afraid.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
they found the people on the boats !!!
Japanese boat swept away by tsunami found, all 81 aboard airlifted to safety - reports


Link maybe?



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori
 


I agree with your observation

but the question what does this mean if small quakes don't release stress built up along the plates/subduction zones then they will build up and create conditions for a pretty big one.

does anyone else agree with this conclusion.

answers/suggestions/criticism & comments welcome.

Thanks

Just drank 1.5 L bottle of red wine



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Anyone wanting updates on the aftershocks and other earthquakes in the area can easily visit a number of websites.

Here is one where you can see a full recent earthquake listings and be able to see how many there are:

recent earthquakes in the world

And here is a map that updates itself:

Live Earthquake Mashup

With so much going on... there is no reason anyone should be posting/discussing every aftershock here. And, in saying that, that does not mean we "don't care" about the aftershocks... it simply means there are other much greater concerns that should be discussed at this time.

I'm so glad someone finally said something.... I had just given up on this thread myself.


Except that we are on ATS because we want to be, and are here to get the info that filters in from all the other sources.

Seriously, why do people participate in a live update thread if they dont want the live updates??



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Deja Vu for Tsunami-Wary Pacific Coast abcn.ws...



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How wonderful Gullible we need news like that thanks for sharing



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori
 


It just means that pressure is building up along other plate boundaries, within a month or so we might see some big releases of energy (not necessarily as big as today).



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I stopped counting at 100 but probably over 200 quakes in Japan since the original 8.9. Average seems to be 5.5. Some over 6.0
Wow!

earthquake.usgs.gov...




top topics



 
588
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

log in

join