It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

he was saying the stuff like that makes him sick to his stomach bro

he quoted,
sarcasmed,
then said it makes him sick

link   
Crazy day people but lets keep or head. i was just wondering how the big quake in Japan will effect the west coast fault. things are pretty quiet at this moment on the west coast ( the quiet before the storm) sure hope not

link   
reply to post by Screwed

I believe there have been about 30 aftershocks as well as the 6+ magnitude quake that hit from a separate fault line, also from what I understand there were quite a few small quakes in the several days leading up to yesterday. Some of the aftershocks have been of a serious magnitude as well (6.0/7.0+), but it appears the tsunami produced by the 8.9 quake did most of the devastation. Overall a lot of earthquakes and water rushing deep inland.

A fire broke out in the Onagawa nuclear plant and an oil refinery exploded into a mushroom cloud last night. The entire city of Kesennuma is on fire.

Edit: Day is breaking in Japan right now and on CNN there is some horrific video footage.
edit on 11-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Todays images coming in LIVE

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have a question maybe someone has the knowledge to answer... When earthquakes of this size generate a tsunami, and that tsunami travels across large distances across the ocean, does that wave bring temperature changes to areas of travel? say the japan tsunami waves are headed towards the equator area, is there colder water being brought along with it? or is it just??

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Exactly!!!

No more denial...its right her in our faces....so obvious that the Earth is going through some major changes

EVERYONE who used to brush my conversations about this type of thing off are blowing my phone up!!

link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I am in agreement 100%...!

link   
they might vent the radioactive steam from the containment dome on the nuclear reactor.....but there are people they can't evacuate......or let the pressure build and then what.....tough choices to make...aljazeera

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
An excellent feed, 4 different news feeds

www.justin.tv...#/w/955609280

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Daylight footage of the day after is starting to come in...

Don't know if we are seeing a parking lot or a dealership, but evey car was ruined and some even in flames

edit on 11-3-2011 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

exactly man, same thing, i got 20 people asking me whats going on etc. what do i think etc.

OT: did it officially get upgraded to a 9.1? i still see 8.9 on cnn/fox/etc..

link   
Did they say why they couldn't evacuate some people?
It can't be the matter of there not being enough time because I believe they started the evacuation 6 hours ago.

link   
reply to post by Niphredil

I hope with all my heart, it is not so!!!! We as a people can not take anymore heart break, this is hard enough all them people makes me sick in my gut! I will be praying all day!!! But you would be right to warn your brother and we all should be on guard ! The world is going nuts and it is not stabilized we all are in then ICU unit until further notice . I pray for peace for all of humanity.

link   
Is there something I am missing here?
Did someones comments get deleted for suggesting that this is part of the 2012 phenomenon?

I will say it too.
Delete my posts too mods.

This is part of the 2012 phenomenon.
It is happening right before our eyes.
This will die down in a week or two and be forgotten about......for a time.
And then.......BAMMMM, it WILL happen again.
These types of events are escalating world wide. Anyone can see that.
How people can bury their heads any longer is beyond me.

So YES Mods,
This is definately a preview of what's to come.
Come on people join in....it's ok.
Don't be bullied.
This is ON topic if anything is.
Say it with me in unison.....

"2012 IS COMING!
This is part of the 2012 Phenomenon"

It's one thing if you are completely off topic and just being an ass but if this isn't
on topic then I don't know what is.

Join me will ya?
edit on 11-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

link   
can someone explain why the earthquakes are not stopping in japan ?
how many high mag aftershocks until it is not normal ?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
Did they say why they couldn't evacuate some people?
It can't be the matter of there not being enough time because I believe they started the evacuation 6 hours ago.

Some people only had a couple minutes warning....some 10-20 minutes.

Hell, someone posted a video of an entire city being swept away.

I am afraid the death toll is going to be massive.

link   
reply to post by RSF77

I counted over 100 aftershocks after the 8.9. I also just heard on the news that they are talking about upgrading it to a 9.1

link   
It seems that the quake originated in the region known as "The Dragon's Triangle" ??? Can anyone confirm this?? theres been all sorts of anomalies happening in that region for 100s of years...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4af682ed3e62.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
This map is a keeper for earthquake observation. It refreshes itself with each new earthquake anywhere around the world also.

Live Earthquake Mashup Map

So... instead of people spreading false info and then 30 people asking for proof.... please save maps and links like this to find out the truth and avoid ruining the thread with useless squabbles with one another. Please!

link   
reply to post by steve95988

I don't think so, it is energy transfer through the water not the actual water moving is my understanding. Similar to if you wave a bed sheet and it flaps out and snaps at the other end like a whip.

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join