It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
#Japan #quake causes shorter day wapo.st... #eqjp

edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

link   
Personally, although there is certainly great loss of life from both the earthquake and the resulting tsunami, I think this piece of the story is somehow scarier, or at least more interesting (to me personally, anyway) ...

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Credit to Wildspace for this Link.

Look at the dates involved with this as a connection.

Yes, David Morrison would have looked much better if he hadn't mentioned the subject in connection with the date.

Was it a fluke that several people picked the date correctly? Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
2131: Japan's Prime Minister Naoto Kan has just announced that residents living within 10km (6.2 miles) of the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear station must evacuate their homes, according to the Kyodo news agency. Engineers are trying to fix the cooling system of one of the plant's reactors, which was damaged by the earthquake. The authorities had earlier told some 3,000 residents living within 3km (1.9 miles) to leave.

BBC twitter.

Not good.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
It seems that the quake originated in the region known as "The Dragon's Triangle" ??? Can anyone confirm this?? theres been all sorts of anomalies happening in that region for 100s of years...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4af682ed3e62.jpg[/atsimg]

No, it didn't, look up where it says "Sendai" it was just off the East coast of Sendai which has been devastated.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

#Japan #quake causes shorter day wapo.st... #eqjp
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rats....I was planning on putting that 1.6 microseconds to good use!

link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is only a small part of the damage to the new cars. I saw a video link earlier today being transmitted from a helicopter that showed at least 5 times what is showing in your picture.

link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
2131: Japan's Prime Minister Naoto Kan has just announced that residents living within 10km (6.2 miles) of the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear station must evacuate their homes, according to the Kyodo news agency. Engineers are trying to fix the cooling system of one of the plant's reactors, which was damaged by the earthquake. The authorities had earlier told some 3,000 residents living within 3km (1.9 miles) to leave.

BBC twitter.

Not good.
Apparently there is something more to fear than radioactive nitrogen that has a half-life of only 5 seconds, as we had been told earlier!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator

thanks i was not sure thats why i asked for a confirmation

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The already released steam pressure out of the reactor core to the atmosphere so it would not explode. Radiation has been released and if they don't get water to that sucker soon its going to be a nightmare.

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

2132: The Tokyo Electric Power Company has said radiation may already have been released at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant.

link   
Here's a post from the BBC Twitter feed regarding the Nuclear Power Station:

2132: The Tokyo Electric Power Company has said radiation may already have been released at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant.

Rev

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

LOL! Snap!

Rev

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Japan orders expansion of evacuation area around Fukushima plant to 10km from 3km #fukushima #japan #tsunami

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It may be hard to move away from the reactor, the safe place would be very far from it.

My heart goes out, makes one feel so small when seeing what a natural disaster can do.

I wish I could do something but it is simply out of my hands.

I will donate what I can when I find a place I think is really helping their...
edit on 11-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
2139: Radiation levels at the damaged Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant are continuing to rise. The Jiji Press news agency says the levels are eight times above normal. Its report also cites a ministry official as saying there is a "possibility of a radioactive leak".

Prepare for the worst folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

@ Artorius : Sorry if I seem touchy. I was not attacking you, but I was less than gentle.

I'm not playing mod when I say that there is no need to add the highly speculative 2012 stuff into this thread, this thread is for live news updates and information about a real, normal, tectonic earthquake, not baseless speculation about 2012 or HAARP.
Tsunami - Harbor Wave, from Japanese, because they've always had EQ's and Tsunamis, START A NEW THREAD to discuss alternative theories, please. The mods have posted this many times already. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Chile upgrades tsunami alert for Easter Island, mainland - Reuters

link   
good god, finally made it to the end.

as another poster asked, how many aftershocks is too many for normal?

link   
When the Pacific tectonic plate slid under the Asian plate,how does this effect the plate on the opposite side of it? Just wondering about the Americas edge of it.

Does it also move?

Any help appreciated!

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join