It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
hey does anyone have information on how much energy or energy equivalent was released in the this earthquake?

I mean energy released in this earthquake was equal to how many nuclear weapons?

Thanks

9.0 = 474 megatons of TNT
9.2 = 946 megatons of TNT

WIKIPEDIA
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The world seems to be cracking apart.

The 2012 movie seems all to real.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just a thought, there are many unemployed construction workers and contractors in the US, perhaps we should implement a program to send them over there to help rebuild?

link   
reply to post by lordvader

About 336 megatons of TNT is the energy equivalent estimate within the wiki article that deals with this aspect. It's actually a pretty good article and the math formlulae are there for anyone who wants to check.

Oh -- link to article. Just scroll down. The quake has already been added to the list.

Mike

link   
reply to post by jonibelle

That is enough. How can you even have any humanity in you,after placing that comment?

Absolutely disgusting. I certainly hope your comment is removed.

Is this what ATS has become?

My heart goes out to those in Japan and surrounding Islands in the pacific whom have been effected by this disaster.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
turned on sky news this morning & saw this happening,seeing the houses,cars & other stuff being swept away is heartbreaking to watch.
it's something a country & it's people should never have to go through,the shear power of the currents is huge.

not much you can do when mother nature strikes with such force

link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue
reply to post by JustMike

Did not see what happened, but when I click on that link, it shows a picture with no sound, it says it is the State Operations Center, California Emergency Management Agency.

It does not look like a live stream, hope everything is alright.
They probably took the ustream down for Tokyo, since it went off the air. That link had a couple of different streams.

link   
reply to post by Niphredil

I hope to Goddess you aren't right about Alaska. The scary part is that AK got that big one in '64 in March - Good Friday March 27th. My younger briother is still up there (I just got off the phone with him). he works in an underground garage - I told him the first sign of a shiver get the hell out of there doubletime. I'm right now thinking what I will need to do to get back to AK if somethings happens up there and I can't get ahold of him (I 'm in MN). My heart goes out to those folks in Japan, OMG

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Another big one coming in on GEE @ 21:02 UTC time.
2nd line.

I don't know how to read it yet, so I have no idea what magnitude, but looks at least 5.5 from looking at the earlier ones that came across.
edit on 11-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Excuse me??!! I have been on this thread since 4AM posting links to feeds and assisting with getting the word out to the ATS community
How about you read my post correctly and see that I was QUOTING before you try insulting my morale?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

warnings continue: 6ft waves expected in #Chile around 9 ET, having taken over 21 hours to travel from #Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
MODs MODs MOds please remove posting rights for awhile for Captaintyinknots and anyone he/she has been going back and forth with. It gets tiring coming on this site and there always someone who just really brings the atmosphere down because they somehow think they are better than someone else and has to always point out someone else's flaws, Tries to sound like a professor when putting someone down, Sometimes I don't even want to post because I'm fearful of forgetting a period and having the punctuation police up my $$$. it really does get old.If someone is trolling cmon and catch it and temporarily stop their right to post. Thanks for being the best staff online.. self proclaimed?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Seems like these threads would run alot smoother without people pretending to be MODs.
If all of the Mall Mods would stop
and all of the A Holes making fun of dead people would stop

this would be a much easier thread to read.

But what do I know?
Next I will be flamed for pointing out the obvious,.....by a mall mod no less.

On Topic:

Can someone please give a run down on How many quakes there have been in the past 24 hrs and the magnatudes?
It is starting to get confusing. Things are happening too fast to keep up with even for ATS.

And thank the Flying Spaghetti monster for ATS. This site was where I first heard of the quake a full 20 mins before I saw it on MSM,.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lordvader

about 17.000 nuclear bombs . it was earlier on tv .

God help us all cause we will be in great challenges .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Expect the effects of the tsunami to hit South America at around 10:00pm EST.

edit on 11-3-2011 by ninjadan9 because: Inserted image.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by jonibelle

That is enough. How can you even have any humanity in you,after placing that comment?

Absolutely disgusting. I certainly hope your comment is removed.

Is this what ATS has become?

My heart goes out to those in Japan and surrounding Islands in the pacific whom have been effected by this disaster.

It seems as it was not Jonibelle personally that wrote that statement, but merely repeated and answered it but forgot to use the quotation-function properly.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

I had lunch at Applebees today, and strangers from each table all discussed this , and how it is 2012 movie in real life...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...-channel-content

Live local japanese news feed

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

I had lunch at Applebees today, and strangers from each table all discussed this , and how it is 2012 movie in real life...

how much longer can it be denied ? but shhh you can't say that here

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thank you nightchild. I am new to ATS and have not had the chance to experiment with the commands except posting links.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join