It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by AceWombat04

I'll answer your questions. When Islam and all religions stop shoving twisted history down everyone's throats and see us all as equal including 53% of the worlds population (women) I'll feel safer.

If its one thing you should have as any weapon regardless of who and how one chooses to manipulate history is links that directly point to historical events. It is a common practise to inform people with bogus history reports throughout the internet but when they, themselves are presented with direct links to credible sources then they and their followers drop of the grid. This site allows you, us, them, with that oppurtunity to provide such credible links, use this, if am allowed to use the term, "weapon" to direct viewers or members to credible links to re-align any such fraud accussation or links.

Excuse the typos, as its hard via transit

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Point well taken. I rarely argue with anyone that aligns themselves with Islam, Christianity, or Judaism, as I see no point in it. Being a female however gives me license to call it as I see it. Women were put to the sword of religion long before any Christian, Hebrew or Muslim started pointing swords at each other.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by AceWombat04

I'll answer your questions. When Islam and all religions stop shoving twisted history down everyone's throats and see us all as equal including 53% of the worlds population (women) I'll feel safer.

What do you feel should happen to facilitate that? i.e. what steps (if any) do you feel should be taken to ensure that what you want to happen happens?

And can you cite an example of OP doing that in this thread? He's stated several times that he has no interest in converting anyone or forcing his faith on anyone.
edit on 3/16/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I think that prejudice against Muslims is pure ignorance. Just because a group of people of a certain faith are violent, does not mean that every person of that faith is violent. People of all religions and cultures have done violent things against other people. Even Christians. Yeah, I said it. Hating every Muslim for something a few of them have done is RIDICULOUS. That's like saying every gay person has AIDS, or every black male is a crack dealer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I take it upon my own free time from here on and will not extend, that such a thread relating to obvious outcomes has so purposefully manipulated and made itself so well embedded within a site.

Why is it that when ever a human conflict on a global scale is always injected with a religious/social/environmental aspect.

Humans are so predictable..[

Makes my 15hr work load so much easier regardless of who and what one assumes what his or her ability to counter act any response.
edit on 16-3-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
you might not be lying - but your religion is full of it! lies and violence that is. islam - means submit - its purpose is to convert the world - something which I am not ok with.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I have a friend who recently converted to Islamic faith. . . you have no idea how irritated I get when people assume she walks around with her face covered and she builds bombs out of pop bottles.

Sometimes I just want to smack people across the face. There is a HUGE difference between CULTURE and RELIGION. Not to mention the fact that there are radicals in even the most widespread religion in North America: Christianity. For example The Westboro Baptist church. I'm sorry but that, to me, embodies true evil. Someone who spreads hate and pain and justifies it with god.

Never once has my Muslim friend, nor her fellow Muslims, deliberately inflicted some form of suffering or mental abuse on someone and used a god to justify it.

Keep speaking out against the people who say you're lying. I know first hand, through taking a class on Islam and having Muslim friends, that there are A LOT of non radicals out there.

Thanks for bringing awareness to the issue :]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Can I inquire as to where you're getting your information, and more importantly, if you have actually read Kuran OR talked to a person of Islamic faith? Studied it in a University course? Just curious.

Christianity and Catholicism have a long history of VIOLENT means to convert and take over the world... tell me I'm wrong there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitkatcat
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Can I inquire as to where you're getting your information, and more importantly, if you have actually read Kuran OR talked to a person of Islamic faith? Studied it in a University course? Just curious.

Christianity and Catholicism have a long history of VIOLENT means to convert and take over the world... tell me I'm wrong there.

What people just can't understand is that Christianity,Judaism and Islam are ALL rubbish.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

I personally dislike all forms of organized religion. To me a faith shouldn't be dictated by what another person tells you, because the reality is no one knows for sure. People are fallible, and therefore by my belief faiths taught and led by them are as well.

The point I was attempting to make was that there are in fact moderates as well as extremists, and Islam is no more or less violent than the others. It's all relative and depends on your culture as well as the religious leader interpreting and teaching it to you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitkatcat

I personally dislike all forms of organized religion. To me a faith shouldn't be dictated by what another person tells you, because the reality is no one knows for sure. People are fallible, and therefore by my belief faiths taught and led by them are as well.

The point I was attempting to make was that there are in fact moderates as well as extremists, and Islam is no more or less violent than the others. It's all relative and depends on your culture as well as the religious leader interpreting and teaching it to you.

Point taken,even though I can't quite bring myself to believe that second paragraph.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hmm... explain what you mean? Just trying to understand your point of view here.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kitkatcat

Well,it seems as if you're implying that Islam is no more violent/extreme than,say,Christianity is.
I just find that so hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ohh I see. . . I'll try and explain my view further

Okay well what I mean by that is although in the Middle East we hear a lot about the violence caused by Islamic extremists, it's mostly a cultural aspect based on the location and levels of civil unrest. The reason why I say it is no more violent than Christianity is because of the actual scriptures itself (I will personally admit I have not read the Kuran cover to cover, but I have studied the general concepts in several religion class as well as inquired to my friends their stance on conversion/violence) as well as historically Christianity has been incredibly violent This however was due to the population's ideas on what to do with religious offenders. Examples of this are the historical burning at the stake of perceived "witches" or the crusades.

Although I give historical examples of Christianity being violent, the correlation I'm trying to create is that depending on the current social state of the population the people will be more or less violent. Christianity is currently the primary religion of many societies which have achieved a somewhat less violent stance (ie we don't burn witches anymore)

There is a growing Muslim population in North America, yet we don't hear the same types of violent news stories in North America that we hear in the middle east. But we still assume the Muslims here secretly stone people in their backyards :/

ack sorry about the wordiness. What I'm trying to say is all religions have the potential to be equally violent, and Christianity carries the same potential that Islam does.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Its odd how people only speak of Christianity as perpertators of viloence and use this to justify Islamist Violence.
Throughout history Christians have been slaughtered by the millions, Stalin was an Athiest...remember?
The Holy Roman Church Executed many in England and Germany before the Reformations.
Judaesm is not exactly guilltless in the persecution stakes of other creeds either.
The crux is what is happenning now.
Churches burnt down in Egypt, Indonesia, by Muslims, Christians killed for bring Christian.
No one says a Muslim is automatically a threat but I guess that is what non alarmist Jews in Europe said about Nasi members in 1933, whilst the real;ist Jews migrated to the USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Any time religion or any form of heirachy is imposed, then its bound to lead anguish and hardship.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The problem is that there is a trend that people can see and it keeps happening

They let Muslims grow in population in the towns and cities and its all fine its normal.

But without the violence there is a voice for calling the culture of freedom and Christianity to be banned and taken to court while rules change at your expense without being told.

Then something bad happens because of politics Muslims in the towns or cities around the world get revenge in what is going on across the globe so that revenge can take place in a number of cities around the world.

Islamic fear will spread, people label it Islamphobia like its homophobia but it is not.

Then something does happen and people are wound up that pockets of Muslims everywhere seek revenge.

Then a few speak out to say they are peaceful and all and they assume they are right and are being judgemental.

We have a calm state now between the two different groups all is forgotten.

While some speak of peace they will build more Mosques to show their peace like the ground Zero excuse mosque.

When the tide is down people are too tired to care anymore, a few years roll by.

Then we get more Muslims coming into the country and another problem starts and more rules and regulations for Muslims while the majority faith gets told to be quiet in case they offend them.

People are aware that part of the strategy that to lie or keep the calm will give more time in which populations will grow and more rules means more control.

This stems from the notion of having to take over infidel lands and cities, videos can be found on the internet of extremists wanting mass immigration of Muslims in Europe and the west because one day it will be theirs.

The more tolerant liberal Muslims will tell us all is okay they are against such things, but will they dare tell their relatives friends the same thing?

As they calm us down be it genuine engagement and conversation the fact is that the extremist views and court hearings because they serve pork at work or make up false accusations about being discriminated when it is a lie, this happened with an Islamic policeman recently in London.

Then when all the coast is clear, we admit we are being Islamophobic we let Muslims work in sensitive areas like airport security only to find out they were planning something but because we are told we are being

Islamophobic all sense is thrown out for us to be put into more danger than we ever thought could happen.

Once Muslim populations start to grow the separation between the free world and democracy become a place of fear and a place for one rule over another.

We know there are Muslims who no longer are Muslims in their faith that happens also but does not mean a bit of propaganda saying a majority are nice while behind the scenes the plots continue, the fear of family honour
Keeps the people in fear towards the faith and traditions.

It is like chess, the pieces move forward slowly and people I feel are waking up to it.

Is there something behind all this I believe there is, have people noticed how the believers of Jesus try the most to tell us their version of him is true and that version involves Jesus who is not the Christ but a lower version of him who did not save us and did is not above the angels? These people try the most to convince us that is the case and even rules for blasphemy against believing he is the Christ is in place in today's world, even athiest try extra hard to convince people he never existed or was a lie and combined they make a great alliance?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

I believe you are sincere - Dont let the ignorant ones goad and undermine you.
Here are a couple of FACTS to consider
1 Religion is used to fuel strife and division by the New World Order who slimy hand reaches all corners of the Globe through puppet leaders, Main Stream Media etc etc
2. Wether you believe it or not The NWO has thousands of Paid people who are members of discussion forms such as this. Their task is to undermine truthful dabate that touches upon a deeper truth Not only that but they set up Terrorist groups to discredit Muslims and Christians - Why - Beacuase they are afraid of the unity that religion can create.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The problem is not only Muslims, immigrants should be at some point be told what that nation believes in and what the majority religion believes in too, too many go in life not knowing what their new adopted culture is about. Some even come here to take people to court because the Cross at your school or hospital offends them and they think it is good that can do that. They don't even know our laws and in some cases which leads to rediculous claims while some do know our laws and they use it to ban that nations culture and beliefs and the PC lot let them in fear of being cast racist.

The problem is that we are not addressing who we are to new commers they need cultural centres so they learn what we are about, then again how many should be in the country legally anyway that it might be the sum of some problems?
edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: sentence structure

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
reply to post by kitkatcat

Well,it seems as if you're implying that Islam is no more violent/extreme than,say,Christianity is.
I just find that so hard to believe.

You need to read your history both Muslim and Christian extremists have shed rivers of blood.
BUT Any true christian or muslim will tell you that their god is a god of love and mercy - true muslims even recognise Jesus - I am non religous by the by

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join