I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The fact that you felt the need to write this post demonstrates to me that you are radical about being a Muslim.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

One of the main complaints being used regularly as well as in the hearings on Islam in America that were held yesterday is that moderate Muslims do not speak out and present the peaceful side of Islam. Now when someone does, people like you last two posters come along and condemn them for doing so?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

One of the main complaints being used regularly as well as in the hearings on Islam in America that were held yesterday is that moderate Muslims do not speak out and present the peaceful side of Islam. Now when someone does, people like you last two posters come along and condemn them for doing so?

This is the same group who thinks we are in a Holy War between Christian/Judaism and Islam/Muslim who want to drown out and keep those down who have a dissenting opinion.

There is a whole segment of our populous unfortunately who will use any oppourtunity to trash, demonize any holy faith and believe the lie that the actions of 3 Million represent that of 1.45 Billion.

Driven primarily by hate, racism, propagandic lies, mistruths.

The fact remains that God forbid anyone ever tries or attempts to put Islam is a positive light the trash will have their talons and fangs out battling over found roadkill. There is an entire segment of our society who believes the lies and hate spewed courtesy of Fox News hook, line and sinker who lack the mental proficiency and competency to think on their own and who do not have a thinking brain.

Kudos, flag and stars for the OP for trying to bring Islam into a positive light but the uber Neo Nazi Conservative Baggers can't take it as they want the "Wars Over energy" going while protecting to the death Big Oil, TPTB and every element who is currently driving this ship into chaos.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I think you just want to argue, I have no interest in that or your snide comments. All I know is what my family calls the various garments and being as 80% of them are immigrants from the m.e. I tend to believe them over random internet posters.

Why would you post a male version of a thobe when we were discussing female clothing? There were many examples of the female version on the link you supplied. That's just silly and a little rude considering the rest of the context of your post.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Sinnthia

I think you just want to argue, I have no interest in that or your snide comments.

What I am interested in is the truth. If you do not like it when people question the validity of your statements, I can only suggest either getting a blog or being more factual. This is a discussion forum and not a soapbox. If responding to you with the truth is what you deem "snide" then a thicker skin may be in order.

All I know is what my family calls the various garments and being as 80% of them are immigrants from the m.e. I tend to believe them over random internet posters.

I actually provided links to back up my claims. You have done nothing other than be some random internet poster. You claim about your family is not proof, it is a claim from some random internet poster. I am afraid you should put the rocks down until you step out from under all that glass.

Why would you post a male version of a thobe when we were discussing female clothing?

Because thobes are more commonly worn by men then by women and I am not sure why you keep bringing them up in reference to pictures of burqas labeled burqas by the designers and sellers of said burqas.

There were many examples of the female version on the link you supplied.

Were there? You might have to point those out to me beacuse they were clearly labeled burqas. Here is the link again. Jilbabs | Abayas | Burqa | Burkha | Burka Fashion Designs and StylesTake special note of the missing "thobes" and "Niqabs."

That's just silly and a little rude considering the rest of the context of your post.

Oh...ok. So sorry then.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

beloved, considering that Allah is nothing more than the arabic word for God, I have no problem at all with you worshiping our creator.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The only thing I'm radical about is being human and being treated like one.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I guess I can try to ask this question a third and final time since the thread has moved to another page. (Why does it seem like every series of posts I make in any thread, ever, goes this way?)

As I last posted here (and once before that in the thread - four days ago now):

This is a genuine question that I sincerely want to hear from people on.

For those who feel strongly that Islam is a religion that promotes violence, radicalism, terror, intolerance, or breeds terrorist threats, what would you personally like to see happen that would make you feel safer, more secure, and less threatened or concerned by Islam? (When responding, bear in mind that OP and many Muslims are American citizens.)

Isn't anyone willing to answer this? "I don't honestly know" would even be an acceptable response. I just honestly want someone to answer this question, as it seems to be at the heart of this issue. If people feel threatened or unsafe because of Islam (or their perception of Islam,) then they must have steps in mind that they wish could or would be taken to make them feel safer. All I want to know is what those are.
edit on 3/13/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos and clarification

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I don't judge you as you shouldn't judge me. If you live in peace and love and live accordingly, who is anyone to say we're wrong or right?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I cannot tell if you are lying or not. My preference is to assume people are telling the truth unless I have proof they are not. I have Muslim co-workers and a couple people I count as friends, they are non-violent; very kind people in fact. My understanding is that radical Muslims are rather like the Coreshians... Remember Waco, TX? David Coresh (I may be spelling that name wrong) lead a group of Seventh Day Adventists astray theologically. They became quite militant, if you believe the press reports. In any case, the actions of the Coresh sect has nothing at all to do with the larger group of Seventh Day Adventists. The FBI raided the compound of the Corehians at Waco, and were not at all concerned with other Seventh Day Adventists. I do know someone, who seemed very nice, but then as I got to know her, she started sharing some very inaccurate beliefs, that the US was responsible for the 911 events and that all of the Jewish people were warned and stayed home. Sometimes nice and radical are not mutually exclusive. Niceness can hide all manor of hidden agendas. The Wahab sect of Islam seems to be the source of a lot of the trouble. The Wahabs are growing in numbers. As in other areas, we only hear about the bad... the thousands of cars that don't crash, is not news the two that hit each other are news. The Muslim that goes through life just living life peacefully doesn't make news. It leads to an inaccurate picture, misunderstanding, not understanding. My understanding is that RADICAL Islam wants a Kalifate covering the whole world, which would mean a world under Shariah Law, including the US. Not the agenda of ALL Muslims, but the goal of a growing sect of Muslims. I do wish MORE Muslims would speak against the radicals. I appreciate that you do. Thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well apparently, quite a few ATS members are self appointed judges.. lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by squidqueen

To be honest with you, for more than (1, 2, 3, 4...) 152 reasons, I am opposed to the wahhabi ideology. Ibn Wahhab and The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in my opinion are 2 of the worst things to ever happen to Islam.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Self appointed judges? Islam judged GOD to be of the male persuasion. Just exactly who was it that judged women to be of less worth then men. Your violent and radical.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

If I'm not mistaken, every religion refers to God as a "him" however that doesn't make God a MALE.
As for the stance of women, refer to my posts between page 2-4.
As for you calling me violent and radical, if that was the case, a lot of people between Texas and Georgia would be dead by my hands.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why bother asking us infidels? After all according to your religion we dont have any say in the matter. We are lower than the chit you scrape off your boot. So whats the point of asking us anything?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I never said that all religions that assigned gender to God, there by placing themselves above women wasn't any less radical and violent. You asked about Islam.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You are a liar, you're religion is based on the fantasy of a pedophile who hated the Israeli's because they mocked him for his illiteracy. He couldn't even keep his fantasy straight but did manage to establish a foundation of hate for all person's not of his false religion and enabled them to murder, lie to, steal from, anyone not of Islam, great religion wouldn't you say?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Or you would have been dead by suicide by cop by now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I take it no one is going to answer the question I've asked a total of three times in this thread now. I find that incredibly disappointing and to no small degree frustrating, but sadly, not surprising anymore.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I'll answer your questions. When Islam and all religions stop shoving twisted history down everyone's throats and see us all as equal including 53% of the worlds population (women) I'll feel safer.

new topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join