It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
The problem is not only Muslims, immigrants should be at some point be told what that nation believes in and what the majority religion believes in too, too many go in life not knowing what their new adopted culture is about. Some even come here to take people to court because the Cross at your school or hospital offends them and they think it is good that can do that. They don't even know our laws and in some cases which leads to rediculous claims while some do know our laws and they use it to ban that nations culture and beliefs and the PC lot let them in fear of being cast racist.

The problem is that we are not addressing who we are to new commers they need cultural centres so they learn what we are about, then again how many should be in the country legally anyway that it might be the sum of some problems?
edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: sentence structure

I am assuming you are an American citizen - America was founded by immigrants as was Canada - Do you know your own constitution I wonder - You should read it as you will see how your soverienty is being destroyed.
The USA was founded on true equality freedom of speech etc The USA is a great nation that is being destroyed by design and that is tragic - I wish our nation had such a bill of rights but alas though it has a new face it is fuedal

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I was merely using Christianity since it is well known and understood by a majority of North Americans
I am aware that more than Christians and Muslims have a violent history involving extremists. I was trying to appeal to the what I interpreted as the general knowledge of different religious faiths. Point taken though, I did seem to "pick on" Christianity, but that was not my intention.

By no means am I justifying MUSLIM EXTREMISTS. The point I am making is, in the simplest terms I can put :

1) Many religions teach peace and forgiveness
2) Extremists = Bad
3) Historical incidences of violence in Christianity does not mean all Christians are violent
4) Therefore, all Muslims do not equal extremists

I would however like to point out that your comparison of Nazi's to Muslims is inappropriate to the topic. Nazism's primary goal was the eradication of Jews as well as anyone they deemed fit.

The Quran does not condone murder. Nazi's systematically murdered hundreds of thousands. There is a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidqueen
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I cannot tell if you are lying or not. My preference is to assume people are telling the truth unless I have proof they are not. I have Muslim co-workers and a couple people I count as friends, they are non-violent; very kind people in fact. My understanding is that radical Muslims are rather like the Coreshians... Remember Waco, TX? David Coresh (I may be spelling that name wrong) lead a group of Seventh Day Adventists astray theologically. They became quite militant, if you believe the press reports. In any case, the actions of the Coresh sect has nothing at all to do with the larger group of Seventh Day Adventists. The FBI raided the compound of the Corehians at Waco, and were not at all concerned with other Seventh Day Adventists. I do know someone, who seemed very nice, but then as I got to know her, she started sharing some very inaccurate beliefs, that the US was responsible for the 911 events and that all of the Jewish people were warned and stayed home. Sometimes nice and radical are not mutually exclusive. Niceness can hide all manor of hidden agendas. The Wahab sect of Islam seems to be the source of a lot of the trouble. The Wahabs are growing in numbers. As in other areas, we only hear about the bad... the thousands of cars that don't crash, is not news the two that hit each other are news. The Muslim that goes through life just living life peacefully doesn't make news. It leads to an inaccurate picture, misunderstanding, not understanding. My understanding is that RADICAL Islam wants a Kalifate covering the whole world, which would mean a world under Shariah Law, including the US. Not the agenda of ALL Muslims, but the goal of a growing sect of Muslims. I do wish MORE Muslims would speak against the radicals. I appreciate that you do. Thank you

Doesn't every faith strive to be Top Dog or King Of The Mountain?

The way Sharia is written is far right radical and needs to be centrized so that it can keep in line and adhere to other cultures and areas and allow for recognition of other faiths belief system for which the Qua' Ran more then allows currently.

The problem is that a vast majority of people will instantly equate Muslim with terrorist which in reality out of an estimated 1.6 Billion overall v like 3 Million hence a very small minor bloc who's power and reach in most cases is limited. The minority group here clearly does not have the capacity nor numbers to overrule that of the majority.

Since when did 2 morons per like 150 dictate policy?

The Torah and The Bible both paints some very violent scenes centred in lust, faith, death as well so that becomes nullified.

David Koresh was a patsy because the way I see it if like say 100 idiots and fools want to follow some douchebag around for a while I say let them, odds are it'll keep them safe and it'll enhance productivity which helps out the economy. Waco Branch Davidian was a hit and strike by TPTB as that was confirmed long ago which is nill here.

Overall,

There is a very evident hint of racism here which is not good driven by a percieved fear. All harking back to 9/11. Arab males may've been the "Attack Squad" but make no mistake it was TPTB that attacked us.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is true but there are fixed tenets in your religion. Things like anti-gay & women's rights issues - can never fit in with western values. It's time for your religion to adapt or die to be honest.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have a few friends who are Middle Easterners. They're smart people, and funny too.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
I have a few friends who are Middle Easterners. They're smart people, and funny too.

You, my friend are brave to put yourself out there like that to stick up for Muslims. The sad reality is that a clearcut majority of these people who are Anti Muslim do not know one single Arab Muslim and refuses to know one. Those that do see them in a different and more positive light when compared to those that do not.

Star for you for your bravery and being grounded firmly in logic, reality and common sense!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You need to read your history both Muslim and Christian extremists have shed rivers of blood.

This is true, and I actually said nothing to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Have you ever read the Jewish Talmud? They state that we non Jews, (Goyim), have no souls, were created by God to slave for Jews, that each Jew will be given 2800 souless Goyim to slave for them, that Mary and Christ are blasphemous bastards who are boiling in agony in hell in their own excrement.

Do you agree with that? If not, does that make you an Anti-Semite? This is what RADICAL JEWS believe, not everyday Jews, But in America you won't ever hear that. Oh no. It's only Muslims that can be tarred with the extremists stick never the Jews and never ever Christianity. What about Westboro Church. Are they typical Christians? Are the typical American Christians? The answer is, I hope, no.

Don't tar with the same brush others that you wouldn't be tarred with yourself.

BTW WTF's all that crap about Westboro Church picketing U.S. Army funerals about? If that was Britain, these bastards would get the jail. That's if members of the public didn't rip these idiots limb for limb. And don't give us this crap about their right to do this? Is it your right to shout fire in a crowded Theatre? These idiots should be barricaded in their church and set alight.

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: misspelled word.

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: misspelled word

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: additional information

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are no muslim that is not associated with the worldwide caliphate nor the jihad, regardless of what they say they support both by actions or by money, they have to it is written in their holy book for a pedaphile who couldn't read or write and who was embarrassed by the Jewish people because of that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

So you honestly believe every Muslim on the face of the Earth adheres to identical beliefs and outlooks? Is that true of any other religion on Earth?

And, again I ask, for those who do believe this, what would you like to see done about it?
edit on 3/21/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what Peadophile is this you are talking about? I can call up a number of Patriarchs from the Bible who married young women, some under the age of Menstruation.
edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: deleted duplicate words "who married".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by digipulse
This is true but there are fixed tenets in your religion. Things like anti-gay & women's rights issues - can never fit in with western values. It's time for your religion to adapt or die to be honest.

This is why all faiths need to evolve to keep up with modern times as all are based upon a time that has since passed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrson
There are no muslim that is not associated with the worldwide caliphate nor the jihad, regardless of what they say they support both by actions or by money, they have to it is written in their holy book for a pedaphile who couldn't read or write and who was embarrassed by the Jewish people because of that.

Reality is that during the era between the Torah and the Qua'Ran pedophilia was actually considered to be an accepted and endorsed practice whereas nowadays it is illegal and was not back then. See what the times were like back then before you judge.

There is a report that The Virgin Mary was no older then 15 when she turned up pregnant while Joseph was divorced or widowed with like 3 kids from a previous marriage and was well into his 40's back then this was considered to be normal. Nowadays we'd lock him up for 25 yrs for pedophilia. In only like the last 40 or so years have we criminalized pedophilia.

It's similiar to how the United States was a very racist nation up until about 1965 when Civil Rights was adopted.
edit on 22-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
since you live in our modern culture, which is unbelievably radical in its seeming hatred for natural ecology and non-human life, and since yr belief system has distanced you from life's true cycles, ecologies and spiritualities, there is no doubt in my mind that ur not only RADICALLY destructive to our earth as a human muslim, but that yr violence is everywhere, in eveerything u eat with smug ignorance, and within eveery microwave oven or tv set u purchase. christian? muslim? radical violence against earth's natural systems emerges from the ignorance of yr belief systems and life styles. your hypocracy is deafening, you are a violent radical, ignorant to the point of insanity. just my opnion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by The time lord
The problem is not only Muslims, immigrants should be at some point be told what that nation believes in and what the majority religion believes in too, too many go in life not knowing what their new adopted culture is about. Some even come here to take people to court because the Cross at your school or hospital offends them and they think it is good that can do that. They don't even know our laws and in some cases which leads to rediculous claims while some do know our laws and they use it to ban that nations culture and beliefs and the PC lot let them in fear of being cast racist.

The problem is that we are not addressing who we are to new commers they need cultural centres so they learn what we are about, then again how many should be in the country legally anyway that it might be the sum of some problems?
edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: sentence structure

I am assuming you are an American citizen - America was founded by immigrants as was Canada - Do you know your own constitution I wonder - You should read it as you will see how your soverienty is being destroyed.
The USA was founded on true equality freedom of speech etc The USA is a great nation that is being destroyed by design and that is tragic - I wish our nation had such a bill of rights but alas though it has a new face it is fuedal

No actually I am from England and my family are immigrants as well and they too found it hard fitting in and there was not much help in the 60s, maybe if they had some help at the start instead of being left ignorant of certain things it may have helped them in the long run, instead of being stuck in jobs of labouring with other immigrants without getting a chance to really climb up the ladder to fit in, being European did not really have that much of a culture clash just language barriers which made people stick to their own nationals.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have read a bit of everybodies point of views and here is just a snippet for some answers I have researched.

The Talmud is not an inspired word of God it is from the point of view of men for their own uses.

Mary was said to be 16 and even if she was 15 she concieved by virgin birth and only on a cellular level not actual sex.

The Qu'ran shows verses of Lust towards babies and a 6 year girl and that is not healthy not matter what age.

The Old Testament was like 4000 years ago or more it is history and 2000 years after people knew it was history and old and Jesus taught the hypocrisy of its use, but the 10 commandments can never age regarding the faith.

It was not long ago when the Ottoman Empire ruled, not sure how many Armenians were killed off but it is said to have inspired Hitler in his treatment of the Jews. No one claims responsibility of the Armenian genocide and said sorry for it like many other Islamic related wars where no one is sorry for their actions like Saddam Hussein or Colonel Gadaffi they too will never say sorry for their actions like the rest of the Middle Eastern leaders and on top of that people still want to defend Iran's Ahmajinedad. Sorry but they are all stubborn and cruel to their people in ways we don't have to witness, but if people want to stick up for them please do I am sure they care for our demoncratic tollerant view points.

Maybe the Middle Eastern people are waking up after all and have had enough and want liberty like the rest of the world, the only problem is can they so easily change their minds back if the commom enemy is once again the West, many have left for Europe now but what if they rebel back?
edit on 24-3-2011 by The time lord because: Added Reasons

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

You're not lying. the problem, OP, is that we westerners(american british, etc) have had so much anti-muslim hysteria jammed down our throats by the government and the media that most people are at least SUSPICIOUS of anyone who's a muslim, and, in a "if you see something, say something" society, suspicion is enough for people to treat muslims badly. I mean think about it: there are millions of americans who actually believe that The President Of The United States is basically an imposter. Their fear has led them to believe that it makes sense that the US Govt. wold allow access to the nuclear launch codes to someone's whose identity they are unsure of. That's how far gone the american public is. Hell, I'm black, not muslim, but my cousin is..and I'm pretty sure that her being on my FB page was the reason one of my right-wing "friends" de-friended me on FB. Anyone with dark skin is getting profiled now, much more than ever before. the mental patients are running the hospital. they're not thinking clearly.

Dude, not 5 hours ago, while I was walking in north hollywood, ca, some white guy riding by on a bicycle called me a #ing 'n-word' and when I starting going after him he pedaled like a fiend to get away. The wheels are coming off this mother#er for real. I feel for ya, but this is going to get much worse before it gets better.

I just hope we all survive it.
edit on 26-3-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Totally agree with you, people certainly should not generalize about that matter, and many other.. You should not hate each other and create a bad image of someone for what extremists do in that country... The same thing here on Balkan, almost everyone think we are barbarians and murderers

edit on 27-3-2011 by op0sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If we keep putting peoples assumed religious and political ideas at the front of our opinion about them, we will loose. I live in the Netherlands, formerly known for its tolerance and international orientation. For the last couple of years media and public opinion are ruled by the hard core anti-islamist Geert Wilders and it's PVV. 1 in 5 Dutch would, if elections were held now, vote PVV. Voters who get mad when called reli-racists. Fighting stupidity while keeping fair is very hard in the Netherlands.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Spinoza73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join