It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the north pole center pics!!!!????

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
If you are seriously interested to see what is at the north pole, why not book one of the many excursions available and go there yourself! That is of course if you believe that the excursions are honestly factual.

www.polarcruises.com...

www.journeys.travel...

www.cruisenorway.com...

www.victory-cruises.com...

www.tours.com...(north_pole).htm

www.polarflug.de...

www.polarexplorers.com...

This thread should have ended with this post.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I concur.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I concur... and agree with verve!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If there is a hole at the North Pole as described, shouldn't we be able to see the "inner sun" shining brightly through the opening? However many of these supposed photo's doesn't correlate to that.

Also, how do seismic waves work? How can we measure waves from the other side of the Earth if there is a massive open space on the inside? Are you saying that seismic waves travel through air at the same rate that they travel through rock? Call me perplexed.

I am just having this incredible sensation that the only hole is in this theory, and it's not just one hole it's a whole plethora of holes. This hypothesis appears to me to be swiss cheese.

I am quickly coming to that conclusion, but again I am open to rational explanations. Due to the fact I have never been there, I will not pretend to actually know.

But if it is true, there should be logical explanations to all of the problems presented by such a theory. However I am struggling to find many of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Also to the person suggesting the Earth is flat, I have a question.

Why can't we see the Sun 24hours a day? (Thus making the day last forever)?

None of this really adds up very good.

For the time being I hope you can forgive me for considering the solid round Earth hypothesis as the best solution to these problems.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also to the person suggesting the Earth is flat, I have a question.

Why can't we see the Sun 24hours a day? (Thus making the day last forever)?

I heard that there is a switch that can be used... I can't remember where they
put it though!
edit on 5-3-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Pretty interesting theory, that the centrifugal force would push out material hollowing the earth making the planet "grow", it could explain the slow drift of the continents, like how in the mid-Atlantic, as the continents move apart at the atlanic ridge, lava comes up from the crack and hardens in the cold ocean to make more land, magma could be the pulverized melted material being pushed out.

But now I'm thinking, if this is true and there is nothing at earths core than what is gravity? What is keeping the earth together at all? Its my understanding mass produces gravity, higher mass means higher gravitational pull on other objects, and that all of earths land material and water and minerals are all "stuck" to this ball because this ball(earth) has a very heavy mass in its core.

So I'm thinking that the centrifugal force would have to be a lot stronger to pull all of earths materials away from its core because gravity wants to fill that hole with all the billions of tons of material pressing down on it. If the force was strong enough to do it, enough to hollow out the core, then I think the planet would already have been ripped apart and thrown into space, because I think if the outward force(centrifugal) overcomes the inward force(gravity) then the land masses will no longer be bound to anything.

Does this make sense to the psychics science people here? I'm drawing my information mostly from memory of high school education, I went to a 3D game design collage haha

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you people think the earth is hollow and we're ruled by reptiles, even though every planet visible to us is spherical and solid, then you truly are pathetic morons. 'Why are there no pictures of the North Pole"? I think the real question would be "Why are simpletons who probably should be on medication not going to college (like I did) and majoring in Math and Physics (like I did) and actually learning something instead of running this world back into the 3rd Century by their incredible ignorance." Get a life.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Pretty interesting theory, that the centrifugal force would push out material hollowing the earth making the planet "grow", it could explain the slow drift of the continents, like how in the mid-Atlantic, as the continents move apart at the atlanic ridge, lava comes up from the crack and hardens in the cold ocean to make more land, magma could be the pulverized melted material being pushed out.

But now I'm thinking, if this is true and there is nothing at earths core than what is gravity? What is keeping the earth together at all? Its my understanding mass produces gravity, higher mass means higher gravitational pull on other objects, and that all of earths land material and water and minerals are all "stuck" to this ball because this ball(earth) has a very heavy mass in its core.

So I'm thinking that the centrifugal force would have to be a lot stronger to pull all of earths materials away from its core because gravity wants to fill that hole with all the billions of tons of material pressing down on it. If the force was strong enough to do it, enough to hollow out the core, then I think the planet would already have been ripped apart and thrown into space, because I think if the outward force(centrifugal) overcomes the inward force(gravity) then the land masses will no longer be bound to anything.

Does this make sense to the psychics science people here? I'm drawing my information mostly from memory of high school education, I went to a 3D game design collage haha

Here is a thread that you may find helpful. www.abovetopsecret.com...

"FINAL ANSWER: 1 cubic foot of air at standard temperature and pressure assuming average composition weighs approximately 0.0807 lbs."

Doing some basic math, .0807 x 5280 (feet in a mile) equals roughly 426.096 lbs. So, a column a "air", one square foot in size , 5280 feet tall would weigh roughly 426 lbs. Because, widely held perception is that place where our atmosphere "meets" space is 62.14 miles (100 km), 426 x 62.14 equals basically 26,471.64 pounds. SO, A column of "air", one sq. foot in size, extending 62.14 miles "to space", weighs a little over thirteen tons?
Does this have any impact on current speculation about what "gravity" really is? Do tell

What if gravity is not a "noun" at all? What if it was in all actuality, it was "the absence of resistance". According to some of the data above, it looks possible that, instead of the earth pulling objects towards it or it being an "attracting" force, it may be that, a body in motion will stay in motion, until affected by an outside source, or meets"resistance". It may be that the weight of the atmosphere "sqeezes" objects back to earth. the Atmosphere being an outside medium, the weight of which essentially "pushes" objects down. Same thing in water. In fact this theory would not go against any commonly accepted beliefs about "physics". (IDK) But, this has always made me wonder.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

wow!! if you majored on math and physics yet remain to have that tone and bitterness in you comments then we need to worry about the future of this society cause i really wouldnt want you working on anything that serves a purpose in this world.

we dont know that the planets are solid or if they are empty that comment was just ridiculous, even out of some of the weirdest far fetched comments on this post yours by far is one of the worst calling people morons cause they are intrigued with some unanswered questions, which makes we wonder if you actually did master math and physics i would tend to say no you havent so you may go back to your WoW or whatever else you fantasize about being.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I have to say that is a interesting theory,and in scientific circles the best way to prove it would be to weigh the quantity of water on planet earth and equate the centrifuged magnetic pressure of the earth which stops the planet shredding hydrogen from space into water at a increased rate.Without those factors,weight ,quantity of water,weighed and recorded overtime versus centrifuge dynamic magnetic compression ,no observable answer,non confirmation.Not real..
Otherwords like a reactor without magnetic effects for containment the planet would be a waterworld with no land at all.
So in summary ,this is a highly feasable theory but attempting to weigh changes in the quantity of water versus centrifuge dynamic geomagnetic pressure of earth.
I know its deep but really it is feasable,but un testable at present.
Brilliant theory

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why are simpletons who probably should be on medication not going to college (like I did) and majoring in Math and Physics (like I did) and actually learning something instead of running this world back into the 3rd Century by their incredible ignorance."

I love how scholar get angry when you question what they have learned. -

Personally, the hollow earth theory is one of the most far out I've heard, but after a little research I realize that it's the same as with anything else.

Since science is only as good as it gets... The earth was flat a couple hundred years ago, remember !?!?! Well, maybe our grand children will laugh at us when we tell them we thought the earth was full.

Catching my drift.

I've never been there or see it with my own eyes, therefore....it's a possibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This page from wattsupwiththat gives regular updates of sea ice extent for both artic and antarctic satellite imagery.

wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The gravitational acceleration at the surface of the Earth is around 9.81 m/s^2. At the equator, the centripetal acceleration due to the rotation of the Earth is about 0.006 m/s^2 - a lot smaller. Also, the centripetal acceleration is in the same vertical direction as the gravitational acceleration. However, the result of this center-seeking acceleration, gives the appearance of forcing things not-well-attached to the system (in this case, the Earth) outward, away from the center.
At the equator, at the surface, the centripetal force is the greatest you'll find, either on or in the planet, and both decrease linearly to the center. This means that there is no point where the centripetal force is greater than the gravitational force, so gravity is always the dominant force.

In fact, if this were not the case, Earth never would have formed - it would have been spinning too fast for its own matter to gravitationally collapse to form a planet. This is one reason why the Hollow Earth is physically impossible.

Also, we can look at it this way. Had a hollow Earth been able to form, the gravitational force inside a hollow sphere is null...it cancels itself out. That means, the only force able to hold things to the inside of the hollow Earth would be centripetal force. However, given an interior centripetal force that provides a gravity-like feel (a 9.81-ish m/s^2 acceleration), this means that the outward force is greater than the inward force of gravity at that internal location (again, gravity decreases linearly inside a solid sphere, and is null within a central hollow). No planet could survive with an inner outward force stronger than the inward force. It would spin itself apart.

And then there's the problem with igniting a collection of hydrogen gas at the center of the Earth. Brown dwarfs represent the smallest such objects that sustain nuclear fusion, and no brown dwarf is going to fit inside the Earth. Any collection of hydrogen at the center of the Earth is not going to be able to sustain a nuclear reaction to provide light or heat.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

I do not lie, I've had highschool students more enlightened than most of the posters in here. If I need to tell you the world is not flat I don't need to be civil about it, you need education or eradication. You're ruining our planet and are a waste of space if you are that uneducated.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
reply to post by gmac10001

I do not lie, I've had highschool students more enlightened than most of the posters in here. If I need to tell you the world is not flat I don't need to be civil about it, you need education or eradication. You're ruining our planet and are a waste of space if you are that uneducated.

Ok, we've had enough of that! There would be no "civilization" without "civility"! Upon your own admission, you have and will continue to behave in an irrational and "uncivil" way, therefore I hereby proclaim you and anyone gullible enough to be influenced by you obsolete.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You're ruining our planet and are a waste of space if you are that uneducated.

In that way billions of people here don't belong!!!!

Sounds like some dick-tators this planet has had.

Are your highschool student more educated because they take everything you tell them for granted and never question authority?....

Your behavior is scary and shows an ego that will fight hard to maintain the status quo.... I dont know what you;re doing on a website like this with this attitude.... You should go back to cnn.com

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

with love from M.Gandhi
edit on 5-3-2011 by IAMSEEKER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthemass
Here is a photo of the North Pole from May 5, 2000.

A Hollow Earth would be great, yet i doubt it's real.
edit on 4-3-2011 by inthemass because: add

This picture can't be real, because it shows ice. We all know there's no ice at the North pole because algore told us so.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
If you people think the earth is hollow and we're ruled by reptiles, even though every planet visible to us is spherical and solid, then you truly are pathetic morons. 'Why are there no pictures of the North Pole"? I think the real question would be "Why are simpletons who probably should be on medication not going to college (like I did) and majoring in Math and Physics (like I did) and actually learning something instead of running this world back into the 3rd Century by their incredible ignorance." Get a life.

I'm impressed with your God given ability to communicate your wisdom, knowledge, point of view, in a humane, humble, and I might add, caring manner. I just wish you would go a little easier on your college professors and teachers. They only taught what they believed to be the truth, most of the time.

Now, would you mind explaining how you "Know" all planets are solid? Please use the following definition for knowing.

1. To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Thank you in advance for your mature and pleasant response.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I thought we would not have pictures from satalites of it because of the orbit lines satalites follow. But I do not know the accuracy of this - pure speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join