It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Two suns ,i knew solar power was the way to go , Thanks to the Chinese for this,give them anything and they will make a cheap copy.
edit on 2-3-2011 by 12voltz because: of the blindness
Ha ha,That's Chinese technology for ya!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Already covered here on ATS once again this is a hoax,, already decided. Hoax.
Same as Brazillian National T.V broadcast the "Brazil Ufo" has alreaady beeen declared HOAX,, when are these New Stations gonna,, get real? Stop being so guilliable??? please ,,,
Oh Jerusalem Video,, HOAX so don't even bother.

which raises the question, why would the media report a story that is an obvious hoax? why even bother to report something that is just an optical illusion? whats the point? it just makes the media look stupid reporting something so obviously a hoax when they could actually report something real that would actually pass for news.

the only time i remember these types of reports in my country is when the media have no answers and are truly puzzled themselves. so it is a bit worrying there are media outlets out there that cannot tell a hoax from whats real.

but at least your on the ball, fancy a job as a chinese news reporter? you could just decide and declare hoax on each report, job done.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Very interesting. When I read your report here yesterday, I had just finished reading a bit of Chinese history and mythology in Cotterell's Dictionary of World Mythology. The entry under Yi reports that two suns appeared in the sky just before the fall of evil tyrant Chou Hsin in 1122 BC.

Here's a reference on the Net:

two suns were visible before the fall of tyrant Chou Hsin, the last Shang monarch,…

...The Yi myth says that in remote times 10 suns appeared in the sky, scorching the earth, and Yi shot down 9 with a magic bow. Cotterell says the significance of this myth is obscure but the appearance of several suns is a sign of disorder.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

that's an AMAZING VIDEO..even better than the chinese one.

I agree that it looks more like a planet than a 2nd sun. It's not bright enough to be a sun...amazing nonetheless!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Thats gonna be one heck of a recall.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Interesting...
places sunglasses on

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I saw the second "sun" this past Saturday Jan the 26th. I was outside smoking a cig with my friend and I looked at the sky and was like WTF why is the moon so close to the sun. My friend told me the moon wasn't in that pRt of sky today. There were quite a few clouds surrounding the suns, so I just blamed the second sun on that and continued my weekend of drinking. After reading this thread, I obviously saw something special.
Two comments on this subject. If it were the clouds causing it, why have I nor anyone else seen it before this year? And when I saw this it was about 2 pm. Nowhere near sunrise or sunset.
My guess is that there are so many chemicals in the atmosphere that it haschanged the refracting power of the atmosphere. If so the sunsets should start looking strange. Whatever it is, it isn't Nibiru cuzNibiru isn't real

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I live/attend college in northeast Missouri, in case you're wondering where it happened

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I wish an astronomer, an optic scientist, and a meteorologist would get together and explain this double sun phenomenon, but I guess that's not gonna happen any time soon, so I might be as close as you're gonna get. On that note, here's what I believe is happening.

We typically only see one sun because the sun's light is able to travel through the atmosphere unimpeded. Of course, some of the sun's visible light, and much of its ultraviolet light, is reflected back into space (hence the purpose of the ozone layer). On a good day (and most days are usually "good days"), this is exactly what happens. However, there are times (and here's where the meteorologist comes in) when the sun's light is reflected at a slightly lower altitude. This light, then has more distance to cover before it leaves the atmosphere. This means it has a greater chance of being re-reflected back down toward the surface. Amplifying this is likely the fact that, at the angle the light is reflected back toward space, its shifted path causes it to encounter the higher region of the atmosphere where it should have been reflected in the first place. This causes a double reflection, which sends most of the reflected light back down toward the surface.
And, of course, the angle of reflection causes this reflected light to be shifted slightly from where the primary light from the sun reaches the surface, causing the double sun effect.
This is also supported by the fact that the second sun is more round and well-defined, corresponding to the bright photosphere of the sun, with the outer corona being much dimmer and less effectively reflected (specifically, the corona would experience more scattering, rather than an organized reflection).
Also, the second sun appears whiter (in this case, anyway), which would be a result of the reflection, causing the sun's light to separate into its constituent colours which, when they are viewed together, lead to white light.
edit on 3-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I really don't get topics like this...If there was suddenly a second sun there would be no doubting it. Footage from all over the world....Mass panic....

Nope just one video from China.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

SOHO shows something that should get some panic, and questions. I have a feeling that in our orbit around the sun, that such a thing can only be seen from certain angles, (possible antartica is one after all), in certain positions, at certain times, and isn't a common sight at all.

I don't know what it means, I am not drawing a speculation on nibiru, because those are terms that are like misdirection or something.

This is what I do believe about the sun however:

We are in school in a holographic universe model. Infinities are immeasurable, therefore there is no measurement possible: ie. no time, no big/small, higher/lower, etc etc, and the infinity within an atom is equally endless and of equal volume to the infinity within a star, or that which is outside. Within, without and in all directions. We could be in space-"time" (time being a program in the matrix), akin to turning an atom inside out.

Stars, are gateways, projectors, input systems, and they also project forth energy/pigments/matter.

The pigments have been observed by laboratories, this universe has been likened to a dot matrix 2d pigments, that are erected into 3d www.symmetrymagazine.org... Don't have time to search for the actual news on it, but its been talked about.

There are other things that were also observed such as what appears to be filaments as if the stars are connected. Gateways, stargates.

So whatever is around the sun, if its not a craft, and if its not a binary twin, type object, (which doesnt seem likely as its so close it doesnt seem to be in a wide orbit like it should be, its been there for some time now) it could be something new, that came in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sometimes my thinking is a little narrow. I will be the first to admit that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

No, your thinking is spot on. Unity_99 presents one very eccentric explanation. However, right above your first post, I provided a reasonable, scientific explanation. Which should we prefer?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Your explanation seems logical. And it's probly right. But just because there's a scientific explanation, doesn't mean it's not an omenous sign. The question is now what's going to happen next.And I have a feeling it will be very bad.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Very good explanation. Also *fist bump* to a fellow Maritimer

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Finally the clouds parted, and some blue sky. The sun is incredibly bright. I won't be sungazing today. Last night as it set, it came out from rain clouds, it was literally raining still, to set, and was larger than usual and so very bright as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's a story about why we may see 2 sun's by 2012....

Will the Earth Have Two Suns by 2012?

Read more:
newsfeed.time.com...

In the Star Wars saga, George Lucas imagined a world where twin suns rose and fell in the horizon. Looks like his vision may not be so far-fetched. Astrophysicists say that Betelgeuse, the red super-giant that is the ninth brightest star in the sky, is losing mass—an indication of gravitational collapse. Brad Carter, a senior lecturer of physics at the University of Southern Queensland, explained to news.com.au that the star is essentially running out of the fuel at its core. “This fuel keeps Betelgeuse shining and supported. When this fuel runs out the star will literally collapse in upon itself and it will do so very quickly,” he said. The subsequent explosion will appear tens of millions of times brighter than the sun, meaning 24-hours of light on Earth. (More on Time.com: Voyager 1 Nears Edge of Solar System.) “It goes bang, it explodes, it lights up," Carter said. "We'll have incredible brightness for a brief period of time for a couple of weeks and then over the coming months it begins to fade and then eventually it will be very hard to see at all.” And while the celestial event could take place before the end of 2012, it may not occur for a million years. As you'd expect, plenty of folks interpret the impending supernova as a sign of the Apocalypse. (Coincidentally, the Mayan calendar predicts Armageddon in 2012, and the word "Betelgeuse" has strong associations with the devil.) But Carter dismisses the doomsayers, pointing out that the implosion will shower the earth with tiny particles called neutrinos that are absolutely harmless. “They will flood through the Earth and bizarrely enough, even though the supernova we see visually will light up the night sky, 99 per cent of the energy in the supernova is released in these particles that will come through our bodies and through the Earth with absolutely no harm whatsoever.”

And another source...

Scientists predict 2 suns for earth in 2012

It sounds like science fiction, but a group of astronomers out of Australia predict it will happen in 2012. The topic has only further fueled talk of an apocalypse. Picture it: sunset and sunrise at the same time. The scenario plays out in "Star Wars," and now astronomers predict it will happen on Earth next year, the final year of the Mayan calendar and the year some believe the world will end. "That would be kind of crazy," one Jacksonville sky gazer said. "I'd be really stoked," another said. "Personally, I don't believe any of the theories," one person said. "I just think some Mayan got sick of writing calendars on a wall." Not everyone is buying the prediction, so the Museum of Science and History is trying separate science fact from fiction. "This whole 2012 thing has really escalated primarily because of that Hollywood movie that came out a year ago," said Thomas Webber, who works at MOSH. Webber said it's a little bit of both fact and fiction. Betelgeuse is a giant red star that is essentially dying. "Stars burn fuel in their core by nuclear fusion, and eventually it will get to the point where it cannot burn anymore," Webber said. At this point, Webber said, Betelgeuse will collapse and then explode. The event is called a supernova. Webber said it will be bright enough to light up the night sky, like a second sun. Scientists said particles from the star will shower the Earth. "It's not going to harm us in any way, and it certainly will not be as bright as our sun," Webber said. But it will be pretty awe-inspiring whenever it does happen, Webber said. He said it may or may not occur in 2012, and if it does, it certainly has nothing to do with the end of the world. Betelgeuse is 640 light years away, so if people do see this supernova in 2012, that means it really happened 639 years ago, Webber said. There's no way to predict exactly when it will be visible to people on planet Earth, but be assured of one thing: It will be a once-in-a-lifetime event.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Under Water because: More sources to add....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is all very intriguing but I would have to see two suns in my sky to accept it; as hoaxes go... this wouldn't surprise me.

Apples to oranges, we should all see two suns if there are factually 2 suns in the sky and I only see one.

I'll let you know if that ever changes.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
TTV

Wow. Really? That is one heck of an optical illusion! WTF is that? When is the event again? March '11 May '11 October '11 or December '12???

Edit to add: How do we know this is a reputable Chinese news station?
It could be just as hoaxish as the magnetic traffic women.
edit on 2-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

Thats what happens when you have massive pollution in the sky!!! One is coming and it may shake us tomarrow in weird ways but no its not that close, If it were we would be dead.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
about 2 years ago on a hot summer day, SW England, high in the mostly cloudless, clear sky was something just like this, the 'second sun' was smaller than normal one and was a pit paler though just as near and looking so similar to this video.

I remember thinking, like another poster mentioned, how come the moon is so near the sun, but it wasn't the moon when checking and when advised it could of been Venus, checked this too and it wasn't Venus.

A few months after that, at sunset, midway in the sky to the North, was another huge sun like 'planet / moon / sun', again paler though orangey yellow and pale enough to look straight at, again it wasn't the moon or any planet or star expected to be there, and it certainly didn't look like any of the known planets, even at their nearest to Earth.
edit on 3-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join