It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Pauligirl

Will you please stop spamming that fraud site?
edit on 3-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Sure. Just as soon as you show where it's fraudulent.
And I think i may have linked to it maybe 3 times at most.
That's really not spamming now, is it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby

Please take a look at this image..I thought it was really interesting, that looks like a planet to me what do you guys think?

More here at www.solarcycle24.com...

Take a look at Lasco C3

Transits of Objects through the LASCO/C3 field of view (FOV) in 2011

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits_2011

Feb15-Mar06 Mercury -1.6 Right to Left

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by trusername

There is no way a full moon would be that close to the Sun. Think about how a full moon is "lit", and the think about how it could be next to the Sun and still look full. The Moon is full when it is 180° on the opposite side of the Earth than the Sun -- when the Moon is said to be in "opposition".

Considering that there are not millions of Chinese who are speaking up about noticing a second glowing orange ball in the sky, I'm going to say this is some odd natural phenomenon, or a fake video.
edit on 3/3/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

I bet you there are millions of Chinese people speaking about it after it was on the news.

I concur re the full moon, I was responding to quoted post - unless it's the moon getting light reflected from ice crystals in front of it? or something truly phenom - but it seems so unlikely... but then does 2 suns sound likely... or Nibiru... I think it's best to be open to everything and admit we don't know.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicMan07
reply to post by Ghost375

Actually this "double sun" has been seen before this year, except you and most of these ignorant posters only read what you want to read. A previous poster who translated the video said that new sources was a story from 2008 which was 3 years ago. Another poster showed a story of a double sun in ancient China sightings.

And for those who think its Nibiru.. that is not even plausible in the slightest bit. Lets play pretend and say Nibiru does exist, even if its 4-5x larger than Jupiter, its still smaller than the Sun, and towards the inner oort cloud, which is dozens of times farther from us than our distance to the sun. Something that far out is so cold and faint not even the sun is going to illuminate it from that distance enough for us to witness it with out own eyes unaided, and it would DEFINITELY not look anywhere the same size of the sun.

This is an optic illusion either through a window or certain type of lens. If the guy wanted to chance cataracts and blindness he most likely would not have seen the same illusion with his naked eye.
edit on 3-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

All I can say is amen,brother amen.
And I ask myself,why do I bother posting on here.
It's like a train wreck,
so move along,people,nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicMan07
reply to post by Ghost375

Actually this "double sun" has been seen before this year, except you and most of these ignorant posters only read what you want to read. A previous poster who translated the video said that new sources was a story from 2008 which was 3 years ago. Another poster showed a story of a double sun in ancient China sightings.

And for those who think its Nibiru.. that is not even plausible in the slightest bit. Lets play pretend and say Nibiru does exist, even if its 4-5x larger than Jupiter, its still smaller than the Sun, and towards the inner oort cloud, which is dozens of times farther from us than our distance to the sun. Something that far out is so cold and faint not even the sun is going to illuminate it from that distance enough for us to witness it with out own eyes unaided, and it would DEFINITELY not look anywhere the same size of the sun.

This is an optic illusion either through a window or certain type of lens. If the guy wanted to chance cataracts and blindness he most likely would not have seen the same illusion with his naked eye.

So wait... is it a double sun as seen in ancient China sightings

or is it a guy with cateracts?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I have seen this myself earlier this year. so I started to take pictures of it. I managed to duplicate every type of sundog you can think of. then I took a pic with a very old cell phone and captured an object just like in the videos. it was clearly not any sort of reflection. I was pretty excited about it till I decided to download stellarium. apparently the thing I was seeing everyday at 2:30pm, was the moon.

So how can the moon be full and right next to the sun every day at 2:30? And be shiny? Where is the light coming from?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Please allow me to express an opinion that although 30 miles off the wall, I believe is possible.

Ok, Im a photographer by profession and I like to think I have a keen eye, notice things and Im knowledgeable about light. In 2008 I posted a thread claiming that in my opinion the sky and atmosphere were diffirent. To this day I think the best I can describe it is as " The sky canopy was too high" .

This led me to seriously research Monasts " Blue Beam" disclosure and IMO there is no doubt that the technology exists that could fool us into iether seeing something that isnt there, or in this case, missing something that is staring us in the face.

So, What I think some are noticing with occurances like this 2 suns video is in fact a glitch in the atmospheric chemical screen that is used to hide what they want hidden.

Another description for those who know about layers in photographic or art software is this.

Imagine you have a layer that consists of an image of the sky, sun, stars AND the object you want hidden.

You create layer 2 that is almost identical but has the object removed. You then change the opacity so that the background layer is completely covered by layer 1. Picture perfect, untill you move the top layer a couple of degrees and hey presto...you have 2 suns. Whatever is hidden is still hidden because it is not on both layers, only the background layer.

I hope you understand my discription. Its the best I can do with a very difficult premis to explain.

Respects to you

Interesting, so you you're suggesting that the 2 suns are both the same sun, and that's not the story. The story is that by revealing the 2 suns it's showing that there is a fake layer and what is most interesting is not that we can see 2 suns when this happens, but why the need for a fake layer and what is it covering.

God I love ATS - such total mind blowing fun

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I found another update still no translation, can anyone translate.

Sorry.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by herezhouzee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why are these sightings never on like 90 or 180 degrees away from the Sun?

Now, if I saw a double sun, and one was at 12:00 and the other was at 9:00.....well then I might be totally freaking amazed. If one was rising in the east and the other was rising or setting on the the west....then I'd be astounded.

This....yeah. Interesting. Not another sun.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A question two everyone who mentioned having seen a similar phenomenon...

Did it always look like the video - meaning - 2 suns, same size, almost touching each other, one brighter than the other????

Because if it always look the same, it's another point for the illusion.

If it was a second sun, wouldn't it be moving like the original sun?

So these two could be seen in different formation.
I know some videos on youtube show different settings for 2 suns, but a lot of them are obvious flares.

2 suns could not always be in the same place.... could they? (by saying moving I obviously mean in the way we see it / not that the sun actually moves)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df1f57a3d8d1.jpeg[/atsimg]

If this was caught from the right location, you would see two side by side.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well that's kinda of what my question is.

Since different people from different countries have seen it at different times.

Therefore it shouldn't always look the same!?!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'd like more answers myself and especially what is in the SOHO. Is that object there in orbit, or by gravity, or by desig (ie, its a planetary/craft?) If its there regularly then it would show up as a twin, only from different locations, different times of the year. Surely it couldn't be a dwarf star of any kind though, if so, we would already be feeling the effects and our orbit affected severely would we not? But something big is there nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Why don't these two suns ever transit at different angles?

| and / Wouldn't you expect two different suns to be moving at different angles at least?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df1f57a3d8d1.jpeg[/atsimg]

If this was caught from the right location, you would see two side by side.

It appears to be a camera glitch.It's only in one frame.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
And, of course, the angle of reflection causes this reflected light to be shifted slightly from where the primary light from the sun reaches the surface, causing the double sun effect.
This is also supported by the fact that the second sun is more round and well-defined, corresponding to the bright photosphere of the sun, with the outer corona being much dimmer and less effectively reflected (specifically, the corona would experience more scattering, rather than an organized reflection).
Also, the second sun appears whiter (in this case, anyway), which would be a result of the reflection, causing the sun's light to separate into its constituent colours which, when they are viewed together, lead to white light.

As an astrophotographer (for more than a decade now) who also has an interest in atmospheric optics I think I may be able to offer a few clues as to what may be going on here

I agree that this may well be a rare atmospheric optical illusion, but I'm not so sure the last part above is correct. In my experience the change in color is what you'd expect to see when you attenuate the light.

My first thought when I saw the footage was that it was internal reflection due to the camera lens. You can often get "ghost" images of bright objects that are in the shot, and it's often the case that a filter used on a lens can cause or exacerbate the problem. The ghost image is usually significantly less bright than the image of the actual object, since it has bounced around inside the lens, loosing brightness in the process.

To demonstrate what happens when you attenuate the light of an image, here are two images of the Sun that I took a few seconds apart, the only difference being that I changes the exposure (amount of light hitting the camera sensor) by reducing the exposure time and reducing the aperture on my lens.

I have combined the two images into one, so that you can compare them side-by-side, with the over exposed image at 1/1600 on the left, and properly exposed image at 1/8000 with the lens stopped down on the right.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6589d66a2b54.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see in the over exposed pic on the left, the sun is white, and slightly enlarged (an artifact that gets worse as you over expose more). The properly exposed pic on the right on the the hand side shows the Sun as being yellow/orange, just like "2 suns effect from the footage" without the need for "the sun's light to separate into its constituent colours".

Here are frame grabs from the footage posted on this thread for comparison, China first, then from Devon, UK.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/922cda22fdb3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32cbd5a94506.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice that in both cases, the white overexposed primary image of the Sun seems a little larger than the better exposed secondary "ghosts", and in a similar way to my comparison shot above, which suggest that it is a secondary image, and not another star or physical object.

In the translation the cameraman is supposed to have said "I saw two suns among the clouds and filmed it".

The report seems to suggest he also saw the event with the naked eye, but it does not definitively rule out the possibility that he could have been looking through the view-finder when he observed the event.

I'm not convinced that it is an atmospheric optical illusion, although it very well might be. Local atmospheric conditions can play a big part in weather an effect can be seen in certain places in my experience, but an internal lens reflection also seems plausible to me, although I still favor your theory in principal.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by BobAthome

How do you explain the many posters who have seen with there own eyes the same thing? do you believe everything your told? its a hoax they say so you say " its a hoax"! be your own person eh

Yes, when I saw Aussies posting here they saw it...and a Chinese hoax I dunno with their censorship...but I didnt think it would be that big when Planet X loops around the sun like that. It has been predicted.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes,,,, my attempt at sarcasm has already been discussed,, i know it sucks.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok this is the best way that i know how too reconcile what it is that is being seen,
a little while ago the earth got its bell rung,, shifted 10 feet in some cases,,
ever suffer from concusion???
Yes the point of view has moved so too speak. Thats my idea and im sticking with it.
Me

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Two words.......

MASTERCARD LOGO..........

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join