It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on China MSM Today 3/2/2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Not actually having been able too aford one of those, too see up close i mean,,
but ya makes one wonder.
Now imagine all those skitish Chinese ministers wondering which , sorry got me going,, and yes Chinese Culture takes this # very serious.

edit on 4-3-2011 by BobAthome because: gramar lol

edit on 4-3-2011 by BobAthome because: sob sorry sp

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Source
(incase this hasnt been posted - alot of posts to go through)

Earth could be getting a second sun, at least temporarily.

Dr. Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland, outlined the scenario to news.com.au. Betelgeuse, one of the night sky's brightest stars, is losing mass, indicating it is collapsing. It could run out of fuel and go super-nova at any time.

When that happens, for at least a few weeks, we'd see a second sun, Carter says. There may also be no night during that timeframe.

edit on 4-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by wingsfan
I have seen this myself earlier this year. so I started to take pictures of it. I managed to duplicate every type of sundog you can think of. then I took a pic with a very old cell phone and captured an object just like in the videos. it was clearly not any sort of reflection. I was pretty excited about it till I decided to download stellarium. apparently the thing I was seeing everyday at 2:30pm, was the moon.

So how can the moon be full and right next to the sun every day at 2:30? And be shiny? Where is the light coming from?

I apologize for I was not trying to imply that was the answer to this particular video. my point I was trying to make is that sometimes (most times) common sense wins. I personally believe in a binary companion for our solar system, and trust me I REALLY hope that these pics and vids will pan out and prove that.

but in my OWN tests and studies (I'm no expert by a long shot) even I was able to recreate a multitude of "sundog" effects. and just when I thought I was having a eureka moment, someone suggested stellarium to me. it matched up PERFECTLY!!!! I strongly recommend everyone download this program, it will not dissappoint!!!!

another example or two if I may...

I noticed a star since late last summer that has been off-the-charts bright!!!! I swear up and down I knew enough to know it was not ordinary. however stellarium proved to me it was same ol' sirius.

another incidence.... the moon seemed to be extra bright last couple months and the southern "horns" style shadow on it was not normal as far as my little ol' dumb brain knew. surely something was amiss!!! WRONG!!!! stellarium proved to be solid once again.

all I mean to convey is that it dosen't hurt to try to check yourself on this stuff time to time. I noticed that this type of reflection is easy to recreate through a window. however, people are always quick to point out that they see this whilst being outside. but I noticed in these vids there is usually alot of pollution and or clouds around. the atmosphere itself is providing the "window pane" effect. oh well, cool videos none the less!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It could be worse. They could have all believed An Inconvenient Truth. Oh wait, a lot of people did believe that.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Scientists have been covering their "proverbial butts" on this for quite awhile. Take a look, this comes from the Huffington Post.

There are definitely two suns out there because this phenomenon has been reported in other parts of the world.

Everything is getting ready to change soon. Hope you're ready.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Here you go...

You might want to do some research before letting your sarcasm run wild.www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well, I figured I would post this to you so that you don't think people are just running wild with their imaginations...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It gives globle warming a new theory....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

You beat me to it. At least its out there now so that the silly little debunkers don't lose their credibility making fun of people for knowing something that they don't.

Repost, just to make sure that people get it through their heads...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Obviously, the video report is trying to say that the sun was setting behind the arc-shaped bridge in relation to the observer, thus splitting the sun into two.

That is why they kept showing the bridge.

Watch the video again with this in mind, and it will seem plausible.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think you have it confused. The Mayan Prophecy speaks of the death of the 5th sun, which is the sun we are currently in. (If I remember correctly there is a specific Eclipse Event which foretells the 'Death' of the Sun...the Sun that shines afterwards is considered a new Sun....this has happened 5 times now.....but the prophecy suggests that this is our last sun, and it is to expire in 2012, so there will be no 6th Sun) I have never heard of a prophecy for a second sun in the sky at the same time from the Mayans, however If someone can find a link to such a story I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Qcuailon

A: That is distinctly NOT what this is. I just saw Betelgeuse a few minutes ago and it was happy and not behind any Chemtrails just chillin like it always has. (apparently with a bit less mass though).

B: I'm not a debunker but I really hate claims that don't make sense or have 0 shreds of evidence to support them. This is what makes alternative thinkers look like a bunch of crackpots and keeps mainstream from taking certain ideas seriously.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
For this to make the mainstream news, in any language, does that not suggest that they have ruled out digital editing, so this could only be either an optical illusion, caught by the lens, or the real deal?

This is the second such video I've seen like that this week - I think the other was on ATS, the 'second' sun was behind the clouds on that one. It interested me enough to focus my camera on the sun through a stained plastic sheet, but only one sun for me i'm afraid.

Then having read the Beetlegeuse story a few weeks ago, for something so proposterous as Nubiru... Tyche? to be seen in multiple videos... makes you wonder?

I'm definitely not in the believers camp on this, but keep the evidence rolling as and when you get it because it's fascinating none the less.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

Yes, of course you are right. Not only would a second Sun suddenly appearing would cause an ENORMOUS amounts of damage to our entire solar system, simply from its gravity alone...but in order to believe that there is a HUGE second Sun, or even a Planet which is this close to us, and the Sun itself....one would have to accept that every Astronomer in the entire world is in on the conspiracy.....Now even if you can believe that..it gets worse. Not only would every PROFESSIONAL Astronomer have to be in on, and in agreement with a conspiracy to hide the truth....but every AMATEUR Astronomer THE WORLD OVER would have to be in on it too! Ya know that geeky 12 year old kid that lives down the street from ya, who has that big telescope? He'd have to be in on it. Ya know that friendly elderly guy from your office, who owns a semi-professional telescope and is fascinated with Skywatching...yeah, him too....Etc, Etc, Etc... Now don't get me wrong...some odd things are happening to our Earth, our Sun, and the magnetosphere's of both....but these simply COULD NOT be because of such a HUGE celestial object. It defies even the most simple logic. Now I have my own Idea about what is going on, and I DO believe it is being covered up. It isn't so much a secret though...its simply not being reported by the mainstream media. I don't want to get into the whole subject here, but if you want a place to start, then look up Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. Or Google the term "The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist"...or words to that effect. Then study how the Earth's Magnetic Field and the Sun's Field interact...then look into how there is new studies which show that the Earth's Magnetic Field can cause Superstorms. There is a an incredible amount of legitimate information out there from regular online Science Mags, and other equally credible sources...... and the dots are quite easy to connect. The scientists can connect them..the only people that don't seem to be doing, so is the Mainstream Media.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
China can make and copy anything, and now they even make a copy of the Sun, I'm not surprised.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would say that the giant projecters here on earth that the powers that be use to fool us into beliveing that there is a solar system and sun is out of focus.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The level of ignorance on here sometimes, blows my mind. This happens to be one of those times. Do you, or anyone else on here screaming 'Betelgeuse' or 'Second Sun' think that China has a different view point of the sun than you do? That sun you see in the sky everyday, everyone on the planet sees that sun. Every. Day. If you believe otherwise, then you ought to also know the Earth is flat, gravity only applies to apples, and the sun orbits the Earth...and specifically, my house, is the center of the universe.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Obviously, the video report is trying to say that the sun was setting behind the arc-shaped bridge in relation to the observer, thus splitting the sun into two.

It's not. Assumptions only make an ass out of you and me (Ass-U-Me). It was observed from the bridge. Learn Mandarin.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

That's called "Sun Dogs" The phenomenon has been occurring since man has been recording history. It's is a magnificent event to witness but nothing out of the ordinary. It's a natural occurring event.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

It's not. Assumptions only make an ass out of you and me (Ass-U-Me). It was observed from the bridge. Learn Mandarin.

Ok, before you attack anyone on this, he is pretty much right, this is only an optical illusion and for his assumption alone is pretty accurate buddy! Stop being so hostile and go find someone that'll give you a hug or a kiss or something positive, Jeeeez...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join