It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

SERIOUSLY DO YOU THINK I AM SOMEONE ELSE. You know this is not my thread...don't you. You keep claiming I have a certain opinion and/or have brought certain subjects up i.e "you are the one that brought the clown Ron Wyatt into the arena" are you lost. You are trying too hard to sound smart when you should be concentrating on saying the words you want to convey clearly .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Let me share with you a review of a recent documentary that was on BBC3 TV. It was about a radio DJ, Scot Mills, who is gay, had heard that 'the world's worst place to be gay is in Uganda' (also title of the programme. So he went with a camera crew.

They first began interviewing a cross section of people randomly on the busy streets.....EVERYONE thought gays are evil and should be executed.

Scot went to a school where he talked to a class of teens (14-16), hoping for some respite. No--in despair, he heard from every one of these pretty fresh-faced males and females that they believe gays are bad and should be punished and killed.

He goes on a radio chat show that supposedly is debating about this, but really is promoting homophobia---one of the particpants--a black female-- starts of the procedings by proclaiming this very original
statement --ready for this?

"GOD DIDN'T MAKE ADAM AND STEVE" [PAUSE]"HE MADE ADAM AND EVE"

--- it was a funny reaction from Scot when he heard this --as in banging his head on the desk. JUST how I felt.

He sees how the press spread this vile hatred and murder. We saw on a cover of one of their papers 'HOMOs EXPOSED" and these pictures of fearful-looking arrested gay males 'outed' and facing long jail sentences. The journalist didn't look at all concerned about this and believed he was doing a great job for the community

Scot visited some outcaste gay people who had been totally shunned by their families. They had to live in one of the worst slum with open sewers, didn't have much food nore even blankets (Scot at the end of the programme was seen taking them some food, blankets, plates and cultery)

So Scot wanted to get to know who was responsible for sending this message. So he asked people--them not knowing he was gay--they all said "The P A S T O R S"---yip the Christian preachers telling people that God hates gays and wants them dead!!!

Then the mass media disseminates this religious bigotry, and then the politicians make laws to please the people who hate gays and want them dead cause the Bible tells them so.

The last person Scott talked to was a politician proposing to pass a law of execution for gays. He started with Scot not knowing he was talking with someone who is gay, how disgusting gays are, and how they deserve to die. Then Scot tells him the terrible truth, and you should have seen this suit's face
He suddenly wanted to terminate the interview, and from there Scot was in danger (ie gay people have been killed by thugs of the government etc)--so he had to get out of the hotel and the hell out of that disgusting place.

I cannot express to you how ugly and vile homophobia is.
Instead of following this hatred have a close-up study of just how ugly 'God' is in the Bible, and in doing so you may get a hint where all this hatred comes from!

edit on 3-3-2011 by zimishey because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
While you're at it, why don't you document for us what the Bible teaches us about shellfish and what to do with your brother's wife is your brother dies.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well as far as I can see, god said go forth and multiply. Replenish the earth. man and woman. adam and eve. He didnt mention any thing about buggering some guys ass. How could you multiply by being a gay?
I recall seeing some thing about the rising numbers of gays and that its all to do with the growth hormones, which are injected into cows.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Well as far as I can see, god said go forth and multiply. Replenish the earth. man and woman. adam and eve. He didnt mention any thing about buggering some guys ass. How could you multiply by being a gay?
I recall seeing some thing about the rising numbers of gays and that its all to do with the growth hormones, which are injected into cows.

He also said "death to adulterers"--why dont you go on about that, and the other charming demands your 'God' makes in your Bible and harming and killing people if they dont do what he wants?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

"bible" and "teach" in the same sentence is funny.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zimishey

Exactly my previous points... There are many practices in the Bible, that we no longer follow because society has chosen not to...

Polygamy for example.
Killing adulterers.
Not eating pork.

Those are just a couple...but I'm sure a Biblical scholar could make quite a revealing list.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

You keep claiming I have a certain opinion and/or have brought certain subjects up i.e "you are the one that brought the clown Ron Wyatt into the arena" are you lost

Apologies for the mix up dude, for the record it was Akragon that introduced Wyatt and I responded to Shamaniskis reply on the matter, somehow you got caught up in it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Debate?dont need a debate,if you read the bible,there are alot of evidence of homosexuality

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

He goes on a radio chat show that supposedly is debating about this, but really is promoting homophobia---one of the particpants--a black female-- starts of the procedings by proclaiming this very original statement --ready for this?

When I hear that line leave the mouth of an xtian it really makes my skin crawl, they really think it's funny they just as well wear a sign saying "I am a completely ignorant bigot" It's like hearing someone start a joke with - "Did you hear the one about that black guy - - - - "

What is most repugnant is that these so called morally superior beings tell this to children !!

I'm not one for book burning but it well passed time the bibles were either re edited to remove the filth or ceremoniously fired to herald the beginning of the end of ignorance .

These Christians can be really disgusting, remember this ? -

I dread to think how that crazy woman would have reacted if the poor kid try to let his mom know he had feelings for other boys.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Exactly my previous points... There are many practices in the Bible, that we no longer follow because society has chosen not to...

Like slavery, christians put up one hell of a fight over that one , predictably they turned around and made the claim it was their idea to abolish the disgusting practice to begin with and it had nothing to do with jesus.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Yeah I could see you were talking to multiple people, so thought my might me getting mixed up. No worries

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Soooooo then....since we're pointing out what the bible says is wrong, well let's see.......

These passages seem to speak against divorce or marrying someone after you/they have been divorced. So, around 80% of Americans are christian and we have a 50% divorce rate. How many christians do you know that have been married multiple times?

“So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder” (Matthew 19:6 & Mark 10:9)

“Whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery” (Matthew 5:32, 19:9 & Luke 16:18)

"...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11 & Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well (Mark 10:12)
~~~~~~~~~~
This passage appears to me to tell people to pray in private, as opposed to public places of worship, schools, etc.

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room (or closet.) and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret..." (Matthew 6:5-6 RSV)
~~~~~~~~~~
How many Christians have long hair? Even the stereotypical picture of Jesus does. Of course he's also apparently white with blue eyes.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)
~~~~~~~~~~
What about women not preaching or even speaking in churches?

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34)
~~~~~~~~~
Now I know there are a few judgmental christians out there...

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)
~~~~~~~~~
Any christians with tattoos?

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you. I am the Lord”--Leviticus 19:28
~~~~~~~~~
So I say, let's go after some of these other sinners as well, while we're at it. It would seem only fair.
Seriously though, I hear christians talk about homosexuality more than gay people that I know. What is with this obsession? It seems I can't get on ATS anymore without seeing multiple threads with christians going on and on about it. Why don't you use that energy and time to go after some of the REAL evils being perpetrated in this world? I for one am sick of all those divorced long haired people with tattoos.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty

We have multiplied.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No offense intended to either side. But I was just reading and thinking what kind of world I live in where a holy book is needed to explain sexuality, and how not to do it. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

He goes on a radio chat show that supposedly is debating about this, but really is promoting homophobia---one of the particpants--a black female-- starts of the procedings by proclaiming this very original statement --ready for this?

When I hear that line leave the mouth of an xtian it really makes my skin crawl, they really think it's funny they just as well wear a sign saying "I am a completely ignorant bigot" It's like hearing someone start a joke with - "Did you hear the one about that black guy - - - - "

What is most repugnant is that these so called morally superior beings tell this to children !!

I'm not one for book burning but it well passed time the bibles were either re edited to remove the filth or ceremoniously fired to herald the beginning of the end of ignorance .

These Christians can be really disgusting, remember this ? -

I dread to think how that crazy woman would have reacted if the poor kid try to let his mom know he had feelings for other boys.

Yes I sure wont forget this video. This is a very good example just how violent this belief system.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Actually the impression I got was that a large segment of the population doesn't care what the bible says about homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

Most christian don't follow the bible, what is GOOD. Most people use common sense and don't follow the bible moral to live their daily lives. Just imagine if most people followed the bible? The killing spree would be epic if they did.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
People do not seem to be aware of the subtle energy exchange in sexual activities. A simple understanding of the cadeucus action which one can see in the medical image in doctor's offices, can explain the interchange of positive and negative forces. The exchange of energy during intercourse involves the very life force of our beings. Some of us have been over at the Kundalini thread discussing this energy force. I believe this is one reason why the mystics of East and West in religion have taken sexual activity very seriously. Unfortunately, the materialistic outlook of the times has obscured the deeper significance of it. This is why a study of Hindu theology and cosmology can be so fascinating. One has only to look at the art of India to see the almost shocking display of sexual imagery. The Shiva Linga is representative of the male energy of the cosmos.
the tai chi is a Chinese symbol of the balance of cosmic energies in the Yin(female) and Yang(male). The Yin and the Yang are the cosmic forces expressed in the Universe.
Biblically speaking it is expressed in the "Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end". It's just food for thought.

Here is a quick reference to the image used in the medical field. www.medical-logos.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why are we still looking to other men in the Bible as the WORD and the way of the father, when Christ was the WORD and the way? Christ's followers were all merely sowers of seeds. They did not understand what they were sowing. Christ said this repeatedly if you read his story. They looked, but comprehended not. To see what Christ was means as The Word of God, you have to do as Christ. You have to keep his commandments, and they were simply to love one another.

What did Christ say about judgement? Do not do it lest it be done to you.

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is a popular topic, so let's see what Christ saw hidden in that story. It is beautiful.

28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Remember, Lot was told never to look back. If he did he would suffer the same fate. So, the only thing Lot is carrying forward is his own judgement. He has no idea what really happened. Regardless of their faults, this was still a functional society. They were still good at heart. Lot's wife knew this. She loved her people. Thus she turned around and became a pillar of salt. What is Salt to a nomadic society in the desert? A Very necessary nutrient. She turned around and saw the people were not harmed, and went back to lead them out of the land.

30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32Remember Lot's wife.

The Son of Man will come like Lot's wife. When He comes, do not look back at your worldly things.

Here is Christ alluding to the fate of Lot's wife,

33Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34I tell you,

Lot sought to save his life, and lost it. He cast judgement on Man and went on to suffer. Lot's wife however, so loved her people that she would give her life to go back to them. And she did, and lead them to greener pastures.

Why do you suppose pagan cultures are matriarchal?

Hmmmm.

It is always the feminine that has the heart to look back at a condemned people. Joan of Arc?
The Good Shepherd lays down his life for his flock.

in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

So in that fateful day of Judgement, remember Lot's wife. Do you wish to go on down the path of Lot, the path of bitterness and judgement, or do you want to go down a path of love and freedom?

You will be judged according to your judgement of others.

What did Christ say about righteous judgement, that's when it's ok right?

What did Christ teach about righteousness? If you do not hunger and thirst for it, you do not have it. In other words, as soon as you think you are righteous enough to judge someone, you are not.

Why? Because Christ demonstrated what Righteousness was, he set the bar. So, until you have loved everyone, healed everyone, been scouraged for their sins and nailed to a cross, and risen from the grave in three days as proof that you are the word of God, you ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS.

Therefore under no circumstance has anyone any right to ever judge a single soul. We should love them all as Christ did.

Personally, I don't look forward to a civilisation of tyranny and pain, I look back at my people and know I can show them a better way.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 3-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join