It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Heres a thought that might get me killed

Supposidly...jesus was a virgin right?

What if he was gay....?

edit on 3-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

he might have been asexual

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This topic... Again?
For those that care about the bible: Leviticus and Deuteronomy were not meant as general laws-they were for the priests-the word Abomination came from a term that meant "Ceremonially unclean"-they would have to undergo cleansing rituals to participate in temple. There are 366 such taboos. Ever sat in a chair or slept within 40 or so feet a woman? Yeah, you committed abomination: Look it up.

Stop Cherry picking. You are all abominations. The bible says so. Go through those books and get to begging forgiveness.

If you are still bent on this path: Don't be a death cultist- Be Christ like, not a Christian.

Oh, and a top for spotting trolls: They have super low posting states and get engaged in volatile topics.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Think about it for a sec...

He was Awful nice to everyone, wore a robe...rode a donkey?

Preached love to everyone....

erm.........why do i feel like im going to hell

yeh im brainwashed too

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BeenieWeenie

Would someone please tell me how this topic is a "conspiracy"?

It could be said that the conspiracy part is where certain people want to control all aspects of our lives.

It has been done before.

We see that everyday today where some people attempt to pass laws against homosexuality and in some nations homosexuals are tortured and killed regularly.

Those people who have vast knowledge of human behavior and scriptures and who are greedy and ready to take advantage of people will use this to their advantage.

The Bible clearly isn't against homosexuality. But that doesn't matter. They can use verses (the numbering system i.e. chapter and verse numbers are added later) out of context to put forth their preachings to get us in line. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

So perhaps there's a conspiracy in this thread's topic?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
This topic... Again?
For those that care about the bible: Leviticus and Deuteronomy were not meant as general laws-they were for the priests-the word Abomination came from a term that meant "Ceremonially unclean"-they would have to undergo cleansing rituals to participate in temple. There are 366 such taboos. Ever sat in a chair or slept within 40 or so feet a woman? Yeah, you committed abomination: Look it up.

Stop Cherry picking. You are all abominations. The bible says so. Go through those books and get to begging forgiveness.

If you are still bent on this path: Don't be a death cultist- Be Christ like, not a Christian.

Oh, and a top for spotting trolls: They have super low posting states and get engaged in volatile topics.

Please....i thought we were past this already. Judge us oh mighty one, for thou art wise in the ways of man...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok, there have been some Lolz, some great use of the CAPS lock, but like a couple of said, lets get back on topic. I believe a root core of the issue, which should be seen in my responses, is that religious followers are quick and happy to quote their book(s) as fact.

I said sometime ago to a friend, there is a truth in everything, but there is also a big stinking cesspit of BS there too. Now please be aware I mentioned everything. Whilst we cling to our own camps, and preach we are correct and focus on points of difference humanity will never evolve beyond the mindset of small minded villagers who have never ventured beyond the local duck pond (apologies to all villagers that have).

As many have pointed out, what really does it matter what gay/straight/bi people get up to if it isn't hurting anyone else? Why do religious followers feel its their purpose in life to highlight that being Gay is evil and punishable by being burned alive over and over in the fiery pits of hell. (apologies to religious followers who don't believe that, trying to create effect here).

The fact is, as humans I am pretty sure there are some things we are all in agreement on.

We would all like access to healthy food, fresh water, an education reflecting our intellectual capacity and a job following that education which can allow us to challenge our minds and enhance the role we play in our own lives and the lives of those around us.

I am sure we would all like a nice home, where we can bring up a family, should we choose, which is safe from terror, violence, extremism and as such becomes our own sacred space.

I believe we would all like to follow whatever faith/non-faith we feel aligns with our core belief system, without having other faiths rammed down our throats.

And deep down I do believe 99.99999% of the worlds population wants peace, and would rather share in a peaceful existence combining aspects from above instead of picking holes in the gay/straight/christian/muslim(insert group here) population.

In order for that to happen, we need to start coming together and celebrating points of unity. And whilst that may at times go against what beliefs some of us have been indoctrinated to take on, its a far more peaceful, civil and dare I say it, "Christ Like" way of being that it might actually change the world?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Im not a troll and I was serious about my statements and I received good answers and bad answers. I think I may come across as a troll by the way I replied to the bad ones but Im not trolling this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I find it hilarious the fact that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. He never said one of the sins of Sodom was homosexuality. It's right there in the gospels where he described the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah. Tell me exactly where Jesus said it was a sin. Pretty please? And oh GOD please don't tell me about marriage.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

We would all like access to healthy food, fresh water, an education reflecting our intellectual capacity and a job following that education which can allow us to challenge our minds and enhance the role we play in our own lives and the lives of those around us.

I am sure we would all like a nice home, where we can bring up a family, should we choose, which is safe from terror, violence, extremism and as such becomes our own sacred space

But religion teaches us that materialism is wrong.... and while i do agree with that to some extent. It goes so far as to say (in some circles) you should live a meager life and not strive to attain material possessions, but instead strive to follow Christ.

If Jesus were alive today would you not think he would live meagerly but more then likely he'd still have a flat screen TV, and a car...a house? And not live in a cave which it seems we're urged to do?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I find it hilarious the fact that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. He never said one of the sins of Sodom was homosexuality. It's right there in the gospels where he described the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah. Tell me exactly where Jesus said it was a sin. Pretty please? And oh GOD please don't tell me about marriage.

Exactly, those hate filled passages were not of God, nor was 99% of the bible save one mans words...

And those were altered to suit someones agenda...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The story of Sodom was a rehash of the story starting Judges 19:1

Visual aid

The story of Sodom was about hospitality not anything involving homosexuality. Certain stories were later twisted and used for fuel on the Crusades-at the time the Arab lands accepted everyone for the most part.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

i didn't know that...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The Bible was written second hand, and was written up to 100 years after the death of Christ. A lot can be distorted after a 100 years, not to mention the fact that the Bible is written by mortal men. The Bible has little credibility.
edit on 3-3-2011 by marklancedance because: Grammar correction

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Have you seen the documentary of Sodom and Gomorah by Ron Wyatt?

It is truely incredible, and i have no explanation for it except God, or aliens sadly enough

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In case anyone hasn't seen this....

enjoy..

See, this is called evidence... of God as far as im concerned...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The bible is also a 2000 year old book writen by people 3 generations away from swinging in the trees.

Mankind once belived the earth was flat and they could sail off the edge. 500 years a Galileo Galilei said the earth went around the sun and not vice versa. The catholic church charged him with herasy and was gonna burn him at the steak unless he recanted. He did and spent the remainder of his life under house arrest where he wasn't alound to practice astronomy. The bible was writen 1500 years prior to these kinds of things.

Religon is 100% BS. It's a fairy tail and anyone that belives it is narrow minded, short sighted, illogical and simple minded.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

LOL lego good stuff. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

In case anyone hasn't seen this....

enjoy..

See, this is called evidence... of God as far as im concerned...

thanks for the link I was about to ask.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
The bible is also a 2000 year old book writen by people 3 generations away from swinging in the trees.

Mankind once belived the earth was flat and they could sail off the edge. 500 years a Galileo Galilei said the earth went around the sun and not vice versa. The catholic church charged him with herasy and was gonna burn him at the steak unless he recanted. He did and spent the remainder of his life under house arrest where he wasn't alound to practice astronomy. The bible was writen 1500 years prior to these kinds of things.

Religon is 100% BS. It's a fairy tail and anyone that belives it is narrow minded, short sighted, illogical and simple minded.

I hear what you're saying man, but spirituality is real.... There are some things you can take from those days, remember they lived in a simpler time, their connection with God was different then what we have today.....our lives are one big distraction.

its all about the love man, your spirit is real.....BELIEVE THAT!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

But religion teaches us that materialism is wrong.... and while i do agree with that to some extent. It goes so far as to say (in some circles) you should live a meager life and not strive to attain material possessions, but instead strive to follow Christ.

If Jesus were alive today would you not think he would live meagerly but more then likely he'd still have a flat screen TV, and a car...a house? And not live in a cave which it seems we're urged to do?

Everything in balance is what I would see it. Man in some shape or form has been accumulating material goods for as long as is recorded. Are material goods evil? Of course not, is the over accumulation of material goods at the expense of our environment/other people/animals evil, I would suggest it is.

Many religious institutions have accumulated a vast array of material wealth, if they were following true values of christ then their churches wouldn't be laden with Gold, but would be laden with love for fellow man. Would jesus have a flat screen TV? Would he buy a new one on credit everytime the latest model came out? Most probably not, and this is what I believe is the issue at stake in terms of the material world we live, and to a larger extent the economy.

This is slightly off topic, but related none the less. The things we buy are meant to be repaired and replaced after Xhrs of use, cars, TVs, computers, Stereos, Clothes etc etc. These things are built from what is taken out of the earth and then dumped when the latest material model becomes available. The pursuit of material happiness is therefore a constant exploitation of the planet in which we live. It only serves as a short term pleasure generator, instead of cultivating long term happiness.

I think some religious leaders or principles focus to not become obsessed or attached with these material things. They serve a purpose, but remember both a push bike and porsche will get you from A to B. Everything in balance.

Of course, thats most of my brain talking there, but I hope that adds some clarification to my previous points?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join