It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 21
16
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


I haven't. I don't see anything to indicate the stories are anything more than parable-in the case of Sodom people would live or die on how their neighbors would treat them. There were many rules on interaction between peoples from food (Shell fish including lobster and crab is an abomination in this regards-presumably this was because of food prep.).

Many things int he Bible appear in this fashion -there to help people survive in a place where pretty much everything wanted to kill them. As such many punishments for breaking the rules-don't seem all that plausible.




posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski
 


DO you have an explanation other then God?


i don't...



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by Akragon
 


I haven't. I don't see anything to indicate the stories are anything more than parable-in the case of Sodom people would live or die on how their neighbors would treat them. There were many rules on interaction between peoples from food (Shell fish including lobster and crab is an abomination in this regards-presumably this was because of food prep.).

Many things int he Bible appear in this fashion -there to help people survive in a place where pretty much everything wanted to kill them. As such many punishments for breaking the rules-don't seem all that plausible.


watch it...



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
All I am getting from the Bible is its frowned upon just like murder. Slap on the wrist should deal with that.

People still don't get it. there is a balance created by god.

Most people wont murder vs a few people who will
most people believe in religion vs a few who don't
Most people are straight vs a few who are not

You need an opposing force to some degree. I heard this recently, that badness was created to protect goodness, and the more I apply it to everything it makes sense.

You need and opposite force to make majority stronger...evolution aay.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin

Originally posted by Akragon

But religion teaches us that materialism is wrong.... and while i do agree with that to some extent. It goes so far as to say (in some circles) you should live a meager life and not strive to attain material possessions, but instead strive to follow Christ.

If Jesus were alive today would you not think he would live meagerly but more then likely he'd still have a flat screen TV, and a car...a house? And not live in a cave which it seems we're urged to do?


Everything in balance is what I would see it. Man in some shape or form has been accumulating material goods for as long as is recorded. Are material goods evil? Of course not, is the over accumulation of material goods at the expense of our environment/other people/animals evil, I would suggest it is.

Many religious institutions have accumulated a vast array of material wealth, if they were following true values of christ then their churches wouldn't be laden with Gold, but would be laden with love for fellow man. Would jesus have a flat screen TV? Would he buy a new one on credit everytime the latest model came out? Most probably not, and this is what I believe is the issue at stake in terms of the material world we live, and to a larger extent the economy.

This is slightly off topic, but related none the less. The things we buy are meant to be repaired and replaced after Xhrs of use, cars, TVs, computers, Stereos, Clothes etc etc. These things are built from what is taken out of the earth and then dumped when the latest material model becomes available. The pursuit of material happiness is therefore a constant exploitation of the planet in which we live. It only serves as a short term pleasure generator, instead of cultivating long term happiness.

I think some religious leaders or principles focus to not become obsessed or attached with these material things. They serve a purpose, but remember both a push bike and porsche will get you from A to B. Everything in balance.

Of course, thats most of my brain talking there, but I hope that adds some clarification to my previous points?


I've said this before, everything is exactly how it should be... Good post man!



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
All I am getting from the Bible is its frowned upon just like murder. Slap on the wrist should deal with that.

People still don't get it. there is a balance created by god.

Most people wont murder vs a few people who will
most people believe in religion vs a few who don't
Most people are straight vs a few who are not

You need an opposing force to some degree. I heard this recently, that badness was created to protect goodness, and the more I apply it to everything it makes sense.

You need and opposite force to make majority stronger...evolution aay.




I definably agree with this from the aspect of good will always overcome evil. Evil is a part of our lives and it is unfortunately necessary just as eventual war is necessary on a finite planet with finite resources. God OBV knows that good will overcome evil in the end so its apart of the lives we live to overcome it.
edit on 3-3-2011 by shamaniski because: wde



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski
 


(cool name by the way)

A lot of eastern philosophical teachings speak about the duality of all things, and thus this is demonstrated so elegantly in the YIN YANG symbol. It comprises both light and dark, but within the light there is darkness and within the darkness there is light, they are the oneness of all.

We are all a part of the YIN YANG, and whilst we strive for perfection, we shall not attain it in this lifetime.

As for Wars being inevitable, they will only be inevitable when you have those who seek to make war. If humanity as a whole can become far more involved in how they are treated and the decisions governments take, rather than stumbling by through life distracted by the pretty pictures and television, then those who seek to destroy will do so whilst others allow them.

Whilst the human race continues to sit in a state of distracted bondage to TPTB (political and religious) then the many give power to the few, and the few enjoy this power and will do whatever they can to increase it.

But back to the point, i believe you need the duality of all things, you need to know how cold feels in order to truly appreciate warmth. Likewise with pain and love. If you never been hurt, how can you ever truly appreciate love? Dualism gives us a much broader perspective, understanding and appreciation. Both ends same the same purpose.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus
 


how can the bible be the start of clearing anything up? you choose to follow the bible, you choose to believe in god,
why do you think everybody who does not must live by the rules you interperate from the bible?.

it's like some 'law' everybody must follow in your eyes, yet it is not the law, why can't some people who follow religion understand the two are seperate and one of them is based on choice.

if i choose not to believe in something that does not mean i must follow the rules of the thing i think is a load of rubbish.

and people claiming the bible proves how we should live and then try to force it on people who do not wish to follow it because they do not believe in god is exactly the reason why religion has a bad name and causes so many problems in the world.

the only thing that should matter to you is how you live YOUR life, and just leave everybody else alone.





edit on 3-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Off topic guys....



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin
reply to post by shamaniski
 


(cool name by the way)

A lot of eastern philosophical teachings speak about the duality of all things, and thus this is demonstrated so elegantly in the YIN YANG symbol. It comprises both light and dark, but within the light there is darkness and within the darkness there is light, they are the oneness of all.

We are all a part of the YIN YANG, and whilst we strive for perfection, we shall not attain it in this lifetime.

As for Wars being inevitable, they will only be inevitable when you have those who seek to make war. If humanity as a whole can become far more involved in how they are treated and the decisions governments take, rather than stumbling by through life distracted by the pretty pictures and television, then those who seek to destroy will do so whilst others allow them.

Whilst the human race continues to sit in a state of distracted bondage to TPTB (political and religious) then the many give power to the few, and the few enjoy this power and will do whatever they can to increase it.

But back to the point, i believe you need the duality of all things, you need to know how cold feels in order to truly appreciate warmth. Likewise with pain and love. If you never been hurt, how can you ever truly appreciate love? Dualism gives us a much broader perspective, understanding and appreciation. Both ends same the same purpose.



Thanks for the complement ya all I can say for sure is Life is weird.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle
 





I think it is important to remember that God does not hate the sinner, God hates sin.

Therefore, God does not hate homosexuals, he hates the act of homosexuality
.

The your allegedly "omniscient" creator should not have created the homosexual to begin with, not one of the brightest moves he ever made.

Before you and your ilk go off on one with the usual nonsensical " Oh, but god didn't create homosexuality", you have to seriously contemplate with reason the following question -

"How is it possible that if your god created everything that is, was or will ever be, that there could be something within that creation that your god did not create" ?


Now some of the more intellectually challenged of the bigoted xtians ( which is a huge majority of them) will come up with the usual meaningless, "oh but god gave man free will" clap trap, then scurry off back to sitting on their pastors lap for next Sundays' ventriloquist show.







edit on 3-3-2011 by The Djin because: speeling



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by MentorsRiddle
 




The your allegedly "omniscient" creator should not have created the homosexual to begin with, not one of the brightest moves he ever made.

Before you and your ilk go off on one with the usual nonsensical " Oh, but god didn't create homosexuality", you have to seriously contemplate with reason the following question -

"How is it possible that if your god created everything that is, was or will ever be, that there could be something within that creation that your god did not create" ?


Now some of the more intellectually challenged of the bigoted xtians ( which is a huge majority of them) will come up with the usual meaningless, "oh but god gave man free will" clap trap, then scurry off back to sitting on their pastors lap for next Sundays' ventriloquist show.










Didn't we already answer this in the last 3 or 4 posts.
edit on 3-3-2011 by shamaniski because: fdw



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess
 





People still don't get it. there is a balance created by god.


Therefore your god created homosexuality, and at the same time instructs his creation to kill those of his creations that practice it.

Hm, what a completely disgusting morally redundant entity your god is, I'm so fortunate not to have been indoctrinated into this absolute nonsense .



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski
 





Didn't we already answer this in the last 3 or 4 posts.

No



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien
 





I find it hilarious the fact that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality


Well if you look at this jesus guys life style it is quite easy to presume he was a homosexual if we use many societies evaluation method of the "probably homosexual " stereotype.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
All I am getting from the Bible is its frowned upon just like murder. Slap on the wrist should deal with that.

People still don't get it. there is a balance created by god.

Most people wont murder vs a few people who will
most people believe in religion vs a few who don't
Most people are straight vs a few who are not

You need an opposing force to some degree. I heard this recently, that badness was created to protect goodness, and the more I apply it to everything it makes sense.

You need and opposite force to make majority stronger...evolution aay.




I definably agree with this from the aspect of good will always overcome evil. Evil is a part of our lives and it is unfortunately necessary just as eventual war is necessary on a finite planet with finite resources. God OBV knows that good will overcome evil in the end so its apart of the lives we live to overcome it.
edit on 3-3-2011 by shamaniski because: wde


Yep totally agree, we have enough info these days to see the big picture...lets start looking at it.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski
 


Oh dear god, not another one taken in by Ron Wyatt and his pseudo science ?

This charlatan is the same guy that claimed because something that appears to be a wheel was spotted near the read sea, this not only proves that an Egyptian army lay somewhere under it but that the natural laws of nature were suspended for a period of time in order for Moses and his flock of sheeple crossed over.

"These rocks look like a sphinx therefore they must be a sphinx which proves that an invisible man in the sky threw sulfur at the ground and lo and behold there is sulfur."

Sulfur + Sphinx shaped stone = Sodom and Gomorrah = An angry invisible man that lives in the sky = The Bibles are a true account.

Christians are so credulous it is embarrassing



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin
 


Weak arguement man, whats your explanation for those videos?

Im not saying Ron Wyatt has all the answers, but his work is good.



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
reply to post by MentorsRiddle
 


It's not judging to point out what is sin. I added a quote to my original post to cover that.


Actually it is...



posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by RANDOMguess
 





People still don't get it. there is a balance created by god.


Therefore your god created homosexuality, and at the same time instructs his creation to kill those of his creations that practice it.

Hm, what a completely disgusting morally redundant entity your god is, I'm so fortunate not to have been indoctrinated into this absolute nonsense .


HAHA why so angry dude. You clearly did not understand me. I didn't say I believe in bible or Jesus. And what are you talking about here "Therefore your god created homosexuality, and at the same time instructs his creation to kill those of his creations that practice it." no one practices being gay you just are it. And I don't think the bible says we should kill them lol. I literally said in my post witch you replied to that it think it means the bible frowns upon Homosexuality....so where are you coming from.

As for the last comment "completely disgusting morally redundant entity your god is" get a clue nobody is trying to suck you into religion....



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join