It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Thanks for using an outdated story book to help you spread hatred, thanks for helping the scared masses from behing open minded about human behings, thanks again for showing us that there are still people living in fear of the unknown...

I stoped beliving in santa claus a long time ago, maybe you should do too

just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The bible teaches us that it is indeed less relevent to our lives than ever...

People don't choose to be homosexual/transexual etc...(there are plenty of post-mortem brain examinations proving this beyond doubt) they may choose to commit acts to express it, but that leaves one with a lose/lose sutiation does it not? Its OK to be gay people - just as long as you lie to yourself and end up unloved or alone for the rest of you life, if something happens between two consenting adults then it should'nt be judged...

This thread has once again proven to me how incompatible christianity and homosexuality can be, but its all about interpretation....I respect people of faith but as another poster said - don't judge anyone elses harmless lifestyle choices based on YOUR faith.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by The Djin

Weak arguement man, whats your explanation for those videos?

Im not saying Ron Wyatt has all the answers, but his work is good.

His work is good ? Ron Wyatt the Nurse ? Are you serious ?

His claims were dismissed by scientists, historians, biblical scholars, and even by leaders in his own Seventh-day Adventist Church as pseudoarchology

Here's the alleged discoveries

* Noah's Ark (the Durupınar site, located 18.25 miles south of Mount Ararat)
* Anchor stones (or drogue stones) used by Noah on the Ark
* The post-flood house, grave markers and tombs of Noah and his wife
* The location of Sodom and Gomorrah and the other (3) Cities of the Plain: Zoar, Zeboim and Admah
* Sulfur/brimstone balls from the ashen remains of Sodom and Gomorrah.
* The Tower of Babel site (in southern Turkey)
* How the Egyptians may have built the pyramids.
* The site of the Israelites' crossing of the Red Sea (located in the Gulf of Aqaba)
* Chariot wheels and other relics of the army of Pharaoh at the bottom of the Red Sea
* The site of the biblical Mt. Sinai (in Saudi Arabia at Jabal al Lawz)
* The rock at Mt. Horeb from which water flowed when struck by Moses
* The site of Korah’s earthquake.
* A chamber at the end of a maze of tunnels under Jerusalem containing artefacts from Solomon's Temple
* The site of the Crucifixion of Jesus
* The Ark of the Covenant and the stones of the Ten Commandments
* Christ’s blood, dripped onto the Mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant beneath the Crucifixion site.
* A miter with an ivory pomegranate on the tip
* The burial pots of Ashkelon.

Dude you seriously need to wrap your mind around something, that is -
Real genuine proper Israeli archeologist have spent millions of US tax payers dollars turning over the desserts for 50 years looking for physical evidence to support bible claims.

Are you that closed minded to seriously think that if Wyatt had found what he claimed they would't be all over him like a cheap suit ?

Nurse Wyatt died over ten years ago and good( ridden to the charlatan) and it would appear that his bogus findings died with him.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, get a grip man.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

" get a clue nobody is trying to suck you into religion....

Really ?

This entire topic has only risen because of religious bigots trying to force their delusion upon others.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
I have one thing that completely contradicts anything you can throw at me about this topic:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

P.S. I believe any anti homosexual scripture was added by egotistical and probably closeted men in power when the "Bible" was written in its current form.

Any religion that promotes love between all of gods creations, and that god loves all of his creations, but then says "this type of creation is wrong", is incredibly hypocritical.

Either god loves all of his creations, or he doesn't exist as the god that the bible trys to teach us.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

Awesome. I was going to post something along those lines.
I am not gay, but are gay people supposed to do? Somehow vanish from creation? Transfer themselves to another universe, where god allows homosexuality?

What about gay animals?
Are they gone burn in hell?
They can not even read

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I think it is important to remember that God does not hate the sinner, God hates sin.

Therefore, God does not hate homosexuals, he hates the act of homosexuality.

Every sin has its weight before God, of equal weight.

So, homosexuality is the same as lying, murder, theft, rape, dishonor of elders, etc.

We are all guilty of sin, and short comings, so should not judge others of their sin.

For we, as Christians, are commanded not to judge others – least we be judged.

I do not condone homosexuality, because my religious doctrine dictates it, yet I will not hate a homosexual.

I will love them the same as I love my brother – for God sent his Son into the world not to condemn the world, but that the world, through him, may have eternal life.

Any Christian who hates homosexuals is a bigot and does not understand their own religion.

God does not hate anything - Satan does.
Satan is fearful and full of hatred.

If there is God, it is JUST LOVE.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

One of the crusades was designed to wipe out the cathars, a christian sect, under rather strange circumstances.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that christians are so anti gay until someone in their own family is found to be gay. Then things change.

Many physiological changes can take place in the womb. I believe it is very possible that gas are born gay. I've talked to too many gays who have said they would not have chosen that life style, to believe any differently.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
I find it very interesting that christians are so anti gay until someone in their own family is found to be gay. Then things change.

And then there are the Christians who claim to follow the 10 commandments (9 of which are executable offenses) untill they break one of them or have to work on a Saturday (the Sabbath). They just cherry pick the text to suit their own bigotry and stupidity.

Lux

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The bible is written by people believe it or not.

Its like ancient wikipedia.

'God' didn't write it.

You use it to justify ignorance.

PLEASE STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

I think tolerance is required for just about everything bar war and religion. Funny how they go together isn't it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Really ?

This entire topic has only risen because of religious bigots trying to force their delusion upon others.

I realize your have probably read a lot of these type of threads...but don't you think its unfair to group them all together. Especially as you have proven you miss read posts and are wrong about this thread, as most people seem to be replying to the topic and not weather people should believe or not.

You the one who seems to be forcing your opinion on others...
edit on 3-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BeenieWeenie

The conspiracy is that some people try to analyze the bible to not be against homosexuality with a long analysis of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.
After a hundred years of traditional, conservative thought, the gay agenda has taken root in rabbinical thinking. Here's an apologist version of rabbinical acceptance of humanist philosophy, "Reform Judaism

As a progressive movement, the Reform movement tries to adapt Judaism to today's world. According to Reform rabbis in support of this new resolution allowing rabbis to officiate at the commitment ceremonies of same sex couples, homosexuality in today's world was not understood at the time that the Bible was written."
source: judaism.about.com...
Since judaism is even older than Christianity...I find it quite interesting that what was the Word of God over 2000 years ago is subject to modification.
So one wonders whether Jewish law and the Torah were just based on cultural norms or whether it was a mandate by God.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: sp

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Tolerating religion is one of the biggest mistakes of the modern world as it only promotes ignorance.

I feel sorry for all those that are so brainwashed they can't see how stupid they are.

Tolerating your ideology however is no longer something I can do. Organised religion and 'holy scripture' is the most damaging thing that has ever happened to our species.
edit on 3-3-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

So one wonders whether Jewish law and the Torah were just based on cultural norms or whether it was a mandate by God.

I hope it doesn't take you too long to figure out the answer.....

What do you think is more likely?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Really ?

Speaking of the use of force, did you see my post on the activist judge who trumped the State over parental rights and said the gay adenda had to be forced on Christian children? Guess not, it doesn't fit your paradigm of victimhood.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
I have one thing that completely contradicts anything you can throw at me about this topic:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

P.S. I believe any anti homosexual scripture was added by egotistical and probably closeted men in power when the "Bible" was written in its current form.

Any religion that promotes love between all of gods creations, and that god loves all of his creations, but then says "this type of creation is wrong", is incredibly hypocritical.

Either god loves all of his creations, or he doesn't exist as the god that the bible trys to teach us.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

Great reply. And, if people haven't realized - in this day and age - that it is genetic and NOT a choice, then what hope is there to really discuss this topic, intelligently? Everything you said above is correct and god is, we are all hypocrites.

I'm so sick of this topic, not just in general, but the fact that it continues to be a 'hot' topic that divides a nation and plays such an important role in the (mis)shaping this country's politics.

How incredibly UN-important of a thing to worry about. WHO THE FVCK CARES?!

If you don't agree with homosexuality, don't stick your penis in another man.
If you don't like homosexuals, then don't hang out with them.

Real fvcking simple.

Furthermore, it only reaffirms my argument that religious people place WAY to much credence on a manuscript that 1) was written millennia ago, 2) by only a (relative) handful of people, 3) who had about 5% of the knowledge/wisdom we do today, and 4) is replete with proven innacuracies, contradictions, and fallacies.

Additionally, it is frustrating 'faith' is given more acceptance than logic, reason, or scientific method. Matter of fact, I am of the opinion that of all the entities and events (miracles) of the bible can easily be explained away by science (even science we do not understand, yet (or have forgotten)).

Fwiw, I DO believe that there is *some*thing greater than us, out there, that is responsible for creating us and shaping our civilization and growth. But, it isn't some all-seeing, all-knowing, benevolent being, and certainly isn't to be worshipped.

Grow up, homophobes. Unless you ARE homosexual, how does the existence/practice of it really affect your everyday life?! Really!

edit on 3/3/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
At the end of the day, it only matters what it says in the bible about ANYTHING - if you are a) a Christian and b) follow the bible to the letter. For everyone else, it matters nought.

The bible is nothing more than a book of Iron age myths and philosophy that is insignificant to everyone except historians and those who chose to believe in a magical invisible superhero from outerspace, who has nothing better to do with his time, out of the billions and billions of potentially life-inhabited planets in the Universe, than to spy on the inhabitants of one tiny, speck of a planet we call home.

It is riddled with inconsistencies, houses multiple versions of many of it's myths, stolen and appropriated stories from it's neighbouring myth-makers, all wrapped up in a spiteful fairy tale of paradox and fear-mongering population control. It is not the work of a single invisible deity from space, it is a patchwork of authorships and sources, added to, removed from and redacted over time to suit the power elite of the day.

If we are to ever evolve as a species, it's precisely these types of ridiculous myths that we have to leave behind - as a species we are still in the kindergarten sandbox. Yahweh is as dead as Zeus, Jesus is as fictitious as Apollo.

edit on 3-3-2011 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

Beautifully stated. (I will be paraphrasing this often
)

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I realize your have probably read a lot of these type of threads...but don't you think its unfair to group them all together.

If you mean the topic of christian bigotry and homosexuality then no

Especially as you have proven you miss read posts

I've done no such thing

and are wrong about this thread, as most people seem to be replying to the topic and not weather people should believe or not.

The thread title is "What the bible teaches about homosexuality" you are the one that brought the clown Ron Wyatt into the arena and I'm the on that threw him back out.

You the one who seems to be forcing your opinion on others...

Nope, I merely debunked the introduction of Ron Wyatt who was in someway being used to prop up christian bigotry toward homosexuals .

Even if Ron Wyatt was a valid searcher and found a sign saying "City of Sodom population 83 " you still have all your work ahead of you to prove that an invisible man in the sky destroyed it because of some uphill gardening.

Hopefully this will be the end of your nonsense and we can remain on topic -

The god of the bibles jesus/yahweh gave laws that homosexuality was an abomination and perpetrators should be killed, yahwhe jesus did not at anytime revoke this ruling nor the penalty.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's kind of funny, but the Bible (Genesis, for example) also states that God is into animal sacrifices (Abel)...but we don't do that in Church anymore, now do we?

One of the unique reasons Christianity endures is that it is somewhat able to change with the times...granted, this change is slower than societal acceptance, but it still occurs.

Folks try and use the Bible to bolster all kinds of behavior...when in truth, if Christians followed ALL of the things in there...they'd be seen as barbaric, to say the least.

Personally, I don't get what one guy sees in another...don't understand it, and don't want to. That said though, I will support their right to do so. Society tends to agree, and one way or another, Christianity and other religions will do what they've always done to survive...adapt their philosophy or fade away.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join