It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the planet was being attacked, would YOU accept genetic modification of yourself to fight enemy?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Kick the tires and light the fires baby... give me the steroid mega mass concoction with a tequilla twist and a little anti psychotic... predators , reptillians, E.T. you're FUBAR!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For protection, yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Night vision and the muscle effeciency of a cheetah would be nice...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i would totally be down for being like master chief

if it meant saving my planet and species, then yes i would take part in any sort of genetic modification that would make me able to jump 10 feet into the air and pop 20 head shots off as i fall towards the ground.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would be down for it. Graft a megabuster onto my arm, give me some heightened reflexes with a spiffy blue jumpsuit.

Baby, I'm gonna be the Megaman.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Depends... if it is a scenario like this using nano-machine technology:

Which is where I assume you got this topic idea then hellz yes. If I enlisted and qualified for special forces.

Now if things were set up like in the ghost in the shell universe and I can easily swap into a fully cybernetic body that is powerful, feels like a normal body and I could swap my brain case into any body model I pleased, and could connect with the internet in my head and travel cyber space and communicate with others in an instant then absolutely. When you get your arm blown off... you can order a new one. You just have to protect your head/brain case and you can live for a very long time...
My cyborg body would have to be ghost in the shell quality not star trek quality:

Anything to defend humanity

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
also me thinks someone saw I am number four... It would be cool to have their powers but they were aliens

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What would I do if my planet was attacked? What would I do?

Finish the Fight!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Evil aliens? How much worse can they be than the Koch Bros?

I need a beer man. Back to you later.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Do these "genetic modifications" include "male enhancement"?

Because if they do, then I'm in.
edit on 2/26/2011 by theBLESSINGofVISION because: More funny.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
Does that include "male enhancement"?

Because if it does, then I'm in.

Yes it does... 5x's the size 10x's the staying power. Every girl will wanna jump on a U.S. super solider. If the aliens are humanoid and all female... they wont know what hit them... but then again you don't want intergallactic VD. It won't just itch. It will turn green and fall off

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I would take longevity, super strength (lift a tank or two, punch through concrete solid stee)l, invincible body (a .50 cal shot at me just like a marshmallow shot by a slingshot, a grenade like a balloon, a nuke like a big firecracker (Chinese light up in Luna New Year) )
Aside from that, leave my six senses, my brain and my reproductive organ alone.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It would be fun to be able to beam myself to other places, quickly. That would be a fun modification. But I would also want the ability to beam my luggage too and hopefully into a really nice resort .

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Not just no.. Hell no.. Out of politeness wont say what could do with "modifications" of any type.. All life is valuable.. Bad karma all the way around between killing and messing around with genetics.. will stay out here in the middle of nowhere minding my own business..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I would only accept genetic modification if it were proved beyond a doubt we weren't being manipulated by our governments into fighting a species who came to stop our leaders from killing mother earth. TPTB have been turning humankind against each other throughout history so what's to stop them from turning us against each other and focus our strength against an outside foe?

I seriously doubt our infant species would stand a chance against a civilization that is capable of traversing the stars. Anything we could come up with would be neutralized fairly quickly. We are stumbling along discovering new pieces to the puzzle of DNA. Imagine going up against a civilization that has vast DNA knowledge acquired possibly before humankind existed. They could be our creators, come to put a stop to a failed experiment.

One way to attack us would be a super virus dropped over our drinking water and farms by ufo's. Continue the low profile playing on the public's ignorance of ET existence, why confront directly when a vastly superior intellect would most likely prefer indirect confrontation. Blame the virus attacks on another populous country, divide and conquer. Sit back and watch the fireworks cloaked in orbit with spy technology literally light years ahead of the puny humans military satellites.

Or they could simply melt the north and south poles and flood us into submission, start some brutal hurricanes, earthquakes wait for everything to settle down, then send their own genetically modified shock troops with mobile stealth tech and full auto zap guns to neutralize the survivors.

My favorite sinister plan is planting modified hybrids in positions of power to start wars, start corporations whose main goal besides making money to hoard from the population in order to make more corporations, is to pollute the planet making it inhospitable to humans. Then start a massive war turning our brothers and sisters across the planet against one another in a horrific battle thereby doing the dirty work for them. Oh and shock troops to neutralize the survivors afterward lol

I would just like to state a fact. Normal people wish no harm on their counterparts living their lives across the world. They will not go to the length of organizing themselves, develop technology to maximize kill rates and attack another people. Our greatest weakness is blindly following leaders whose main concern is not the people but themselves and their rich friends interests. Our sense of reality is blurred by the constant propaganda which makes it easy to mold the human psyche into a more subservient and pliable mode. I say if politicians want to start a fight with another country they should fight their own battles, one on one to the death. Wars would be a thing of the past because the chickens in power are not willing to risk their own lives to further their goals. That is what we are here for, pawns in a sick game of chess.

P.S. aliens would devastate us no sweat but it was fun thinking of the many ways we would get beaten. I'm sure I could come up with many more but I have new topics to visit.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Nope. I am who I am. I need no more.

The aliens would have to contend with who we are. I do not want to be like some kind of Combine from Half Life.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Never! I'll stay with the perfection of nature (if that is even true for us?), over the flawed sciences of man. Also, doesn't genetic modification remove us from really being human? To be human is to work with one's flaws / limitations, not cheat them. This alteristic attitude can be dangerous.

V is for Victory!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Give me the UFO and make me genetic modification with the spaceship as "WE ARE ONE"!

... sweetheart...your mummy is coming homeeeeee

edit on 26-2-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

lol... You have successfully posted the correct stimulant and have now discovered me.

So Administrator, what's next?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jigakush

The mechanically enhanced version of the ORIGINALLY CREATED Human Being, reincarnated through chemically induced genetic stimulus, is what is being offered here.

Only genetically competant resources need accounting... it is a requirement to induce genetic reinvestment.

What you will become is known as a Guardian, what you will defend Ea with is under continual developement with DARPA, who you will become is a Seraphim in Arms - a Winged Brotherhood connected at the utmost levels, But...

Just wait until you see what it is you'll be fighting... more imortantly, is the WHO... you'll be fighting.

Remember the last sentence, it'll save your life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join