It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Anybody get the feeling that somebunny hasn't read any of the thread?

Couldn't resist.
edit on 22-2-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Where do you think they got "Son" of God from?

Anyone ever stop to think that Christians might actually be worshipping the "Sun" not the "Son", just like many other major religions in history?

Makes sense to me.

hi, welcome to the conversation. please review the last few pages of the thread, to get you up to current.

i don't think the hindus, jews (they had a lunar calendar), chinese, or japanese, had sun gods. (and that covers near east to far east). i do believe the red disks on the heads of egyptian gods, were mars, not the sun (but that's just a theory i have). although they do pay a good deal of homage to the sun, even that seems to couch a deeper meaning, that isn't about the sun by itself, but something alot deeper.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Personally, I don't mind your wacky theories. They are heterodox beyond belief, but show intellectual curiosity. You look at concepts and see where you can go if you run with them. I may not agree with your conclusions, but you come to these conclusions from a solid base. Erstwhile, Zeitgeist spews BS and runs with it in an attempt to spread it as thinly and over as many people as possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
reply to post by undo

Personally, I don't mind your wacky theories. They are heterodox beyond belief, but show intellectual curiosity. You look at concepts and see where you can go if you run with them. I may not agree with your conclusions, but you come to these conclusions from a solid base. Erstwhile, Zeitgeist spews BS and runs with it in an attempt to spread it as thinly and over as many people as possible.

have you read about frederick wolfe's "homeric problem"?
it's what kick started the enlightenment, which wasn't bad in and of itself, but resulted in bad things nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
reply to post by undo

Ditto on Ms. Undo. An extremely fine intellect and enchantingly gracious to boot. Looking forward to seeing you on other threads as well, undo! Wacky theories or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

well thanks. never been called enchantingly gracious before.
(been called a few other things tho. lol)

it says in the last days, the things hidden would be revealed. so as the time approaches, i think we'll start uncovering more and more information from the bible, that we didn't even notice before. it makes sense that this would also happen in tangent with our understanding of the world and universe around us, and how it functions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You said it dude, saves me having to type it in

And to add tat the whole religion thing is immaterial, the rest of the film is 100% spot on about the debt-based economy, big oil, the self-perpetuating government etc etc.
Religion can't help
Politics can't help
Money can't help
We have to realize that we need to take the next step & scrap this whole system and start again, a resource based economy is workable, & will reduce povery & crime by at least 90%.
No, they don't claim it to be perfect, but it's a whole lot better than the s**t we are standing in right now........

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Zeitgeist starts out lying right off the bat, it then makes fans among conspiracy theorists by pointing out things that are obviously wrong with our system. It's "solution" section is laughable, not only is it impossible re-hashed communism, but it sounds just like a Utopian ideal bound to go dystopian (think Brave New World).

So what you are saying is that
1. Religion can't save you, but Peter Joseph's canned spirituality can?
2. Politics can't save you, but Peter Joseph's spin on communism and the "Zeitgeist Movement" (it's funny 'cause it's politics) can?
3.Money can't save you, but an unworkable resource based economy in a world of finite resources can?

Then there's the obvious problem of dissenters. What happens to the people who don't want to live in high-tech (that doesn't exist) nightmare cities controlled by computers? What happens to the millions if not billions of people who think such an idea is unworkable and stupid? Going to kill us, aren't you? Tell me: how is this idea not NWO?
edit on 23-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

1. Religion can't save you, but Peter Joseph's canned spirituality can?
2. Politics can't save you, but Peter Joseph's spin on communism and the "Zeitgeist Movement" (it's funny 'cause it's politics) can?

No, i believe there are better spiritual guides and morals practices out there than some absolute religion. Religion is "canned" "presubscribed" beliefs and morals, and they are immoral, unpractical and often wicked.

Metaphysical preaching (Heaven, Hell, Reincarnation) invokes false fear and hope, especially in the mind of a child, this is wrong, this is indoctrination.

You clearly havn't watched ANY of the movies in full or understood the Zeitgeist message. You don't seem to have read any information on Peter Joseph, Jacque Fresco and his "Venus Project" (It's not NWO, it's not a dystopia, quite the opposite) - RESEARCH everyone!

I urge people to do their own research before reading the narrow-minded views of people on ATS.

Watch the moves, do your own research, enjoy uncovering the facts.

Thanks.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.thevenusproject.com...

thezeitgeistmovement.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.zeitgeistmovie.com...
edit on 23/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Some words of Hitchens to put things in perspective.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

notice how jacque fresco manipulates his audience by first appealing to prejudice (no mention of prejudice against whites, which means he's massaging white vs. black prejudices as much as possible to get support from ethic communities who are becoming increasingly anti-white with every day), by referring to lack of freedom being indicative in the laws forbiding polygamy (and his case group was muslims). by necessity, the laws against polygamy must be done away with, but what he doesn't mention is the living spaces are only so big. and once they find out they can't have as many children as they want with their many wives, fresco's entire idea will tank. hard. he doesn't mention that by necessity, more laws than we could possibly imagine, will be necessary for his idea to work. he only points at some generalized set of laws needing to be done away with and replaced with more generalized laws.

he dazzles you with the hope of utopian societies in which prejudice is non-existent because people in the south won't have a different experience than people of the north (suggesting there are no prejudice people anywhere in the usa except in the south, a stereotype that's not only laughable, it's been beaten literally to death for social engineering purposes. i lived in michigan, a hive of democratic politicians, and supposedly not a prejudice experience compared to the south. the city where i lived was the headquarters of the klu klux klan of the usa. people need to wake up and quit believing these kinds of people because all their peddling is the same crap that's been peddled by communists since the first communist had the idea of forcing everyone to be little insects in a hive.
edit on 23-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

He believes there is enough resources on this planet to cater for everyone on this planet, to give everyone a satisfactory means of living, and for promoting a technological society, where people do things not for "credits" (money) but for credit
(pride, helping humankind)

He's against the free market monetary/capitalist system where in one country people can grow fat while other people starve and die from disease.

People always claim "NWO", but Jacque Fresco has no plans to depopulate, or any other such sinister agendas in mind.

His ideas are just regarding a technological resource based civilisation. Not based on ownership and profiteering. It's not communism as we know it. It's a way of rethinking the world economy, to find an equilibrium.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by undo

He believes there is enough resources on this planet to cater for everyone on this planet, to give everyone a satisfactory means of living, and for promoting a technological society, where people do things not for "credits" (money) but for credit
(pride, helping humankind)

He's against the free market monetary/capitalist system where in one country people can grow fat while other people starve and die from disease.

People always claim "NWO", but Jacque Fresco has no plans to depopulate, or any other such sinister agendas in mind.

His ideas are just regarding a technological resource based civilisation. Not based on ownership and profiteering. It's not communism as we know it. It's a way of rethinking the world economy, to find an equilibrium.

oh yes he does have a depopulation plan, because you can't outgrow the complexes. first thing that will go, so fast it'll make everyone's head spin, is a woman's womb. it'll be a battleground and anyone that doesn['t go along with the system, will be bullied into it by the rest of the people (via propaganda and brain washing). you can't expect people of different experiences to get along in communal settings. you can't even expect people of similar experience to get along in communal settings. therefore, harsh laws will be enacted to rein in crime. and crime will be extended to include things like unapproved foods, unapproved substances, unapproved pregnancies, and the list goes on and on and on.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
oh oh, this is rich. the video where he has people come to his place in venus florida, and explains that people will be taught to apply scientific method to their every day life, doing away with "folkways, opinions and speculation!" incredible.

who needs an opinion! not i said the robot!

everyone who supports this needs to understand the implications. you won't be able to come to a place like ATS and state your opinion, if it differs in anyway, from the venus project ideals.

learn to read between the lines.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Of course you wouldn't admit opionated bias, and forgive me if i'm wrong -but I don't believe you have read any book that Jacque Fresco has written, watched any interview and/or comprehended any of the points within.

When i make an outrageous claim like that a single person is promoting "depopulation" then i will back up that claim wtih evidence. Otherwise it's just opnionated barking, and to be subtley honest, it's slander.

I hope you don't feel proud for the stars people are giving you for your responses.

Propaganda? There's no agenda, his society is conceived as a liberal society, there is no need to decieve people into Wars, and foods will be approved based on benefit for human health, not for profit, as there is no money. Again, i really don't believe you understand the Zeitgeist movement, or the Venus Project as concepts.

Perhaps do some reading before spouting outrageous ignorant claims.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

LOL - Yup, didn't you know that all atheists are programmed? We don't understand love or emotion, we want to depopulate the human race, also we all love hitler, and worship Satan.

C ya.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Of course you wouldn't admit opionated bias, and forgive me if i'm wrong -but I don't believe you have read any book that Jacque Fresco has written, watched any interview and/or comprehended any of the points within.

When i make an outrageous claim like that a single person is promoting "depopulation" then i will back up that claim wtih evidence. Otherwise it's just opnionated barking, and to be subtley honest, it's slander.

I hope you don't feel proud for the stars people are giving you for your responses.

Propaganda? There's no agenda, his society is conceived as a liberal society, there is no need to decieve people into Wars, and foods will be approved based on benefit for human health, not for profit, as there is no money. Again, i really don't believe you understand the Zeitgeist movement, or the Venus Project as concepts.

i haven't read his books, but i've just watched two of his videos, and i even quoted from one of them (exact words)

it's easy to figure out what would be necessary for it to work. it doesn't take a rocket scientist. the fact he starts right off by listing white prejudice against blacks but doesn't mention the opposite, proves he's working his audience in the same fashion that has increased reverse prejudice. the less prejudice white people get, the more prejudice other ethnic groups are becoming due to social engineering by guys like jacque fresco, who use prejudice like a weapon.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Awake&Aware, There is another well-written thread that more directly addresses this topic here.

Check out the vids in my link while you're there and I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

undo: I've been in and out today, did you check out adjensen's OP?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What are you, kidding me? It is the very notion of communism, for pity's sakes.

Zeitgeist proposes taking all resources, whether under public or private ownership, whether held by this nation or that, and placing them all under the aegis of the state (whether represented by Zeitgeist, computers, or whatever), and then allocating those resources based on what the state believes is the proper usage.

The ownership, management and distribution by the state, of all resources, is Communism, plain and simple.

The word has negative connotations, which is why all the Zeitgeist crowd avoids it and tries to deflect its use, but that's what it is. Deal with it.

Of course, the problems that happened in the Soviet Union in the post-revolutionary Red Terror (here defended by Trotsky, ironically), the 1920s Collectivization (and the resulting famines and the mid-1930s Great Purge (and the now nameless, faceless millions killed) could never happen, because everyone will willingly bow down to their Zeitgeist overlords and hand over everything that they own.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Knew this would come up. Venus Project is just a concept, an idea. As is communism, past examples of communism do not prove that communism as an idea is a bad or a good thing.

Venus Projects assumes that everyone is willing to set up a society together, have a democratic society that selects our resources on the planet most efficiently, and without war or squabble. A purely technological society - I think it is the only logical step forward for our species - Capitalism or the free market monetary system encourages greed, corruption and a massive "class divide" - It encourage separatism, not community. It results in hunger and war.

Soviet Russia's communist ideology cannot be compared. Also, there would be no "dictators" in a Venus Project society.

Again, i don't believe you understand the concept, i believe you havn't spent time reading, your just spouting opinionated slander - i think you very aware that you are too.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join