It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Is it just me, or do 'they' just seem hellbent on destroying our country and lives? And don't they realize that by flooding out farmland, they are causing a major raise in food costs for the next year???? (When you add that on top of the flooding and tornadoes that have torn up half of the south already.) I'm glad we've planted a garden - even though we've done it 3 times now! Hopefully our current garden won't get washed away by flood waters like the first 2 we planted this year. I wish these idiots would stop- if they tear this land up and turn our land into waterfront property I will be upset. I like the way they think flooding everyone downstream from them is a logical solution. It's just arrogant. I've been refraining from commenting lately, because I'm ticked off about all of this. Blowing stuff up on a fault line. Fracking on a fault line. Flooding communities around... a fault line. If a big one hit in the next month, it would be worse than most 'big one' predictions. The areas that would be affected would have virtually no means to survive. Oh let's just hope it doesn't happen soon.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I live in eastern T.N. and today I layed down on the bed for a nap with my two small dogs,just seconds after laying down I felt a small short earthquake or tremer I guess cause it was very short,my dogs must have felt it too cause they started barking, my house is one level on a slab,i don't live near construction or an airport or anything that would explain this and the sky was clear,no thunder, i looked at the clock and it was 2:27pm,did anybody else feel it?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

I'm sorry you are going through this. You are right, it doesn't make sense.

We will find out what is left at daylight I supose....but this all stinks, like so many other things right now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I hope all is well. Please tell me that it is.

I've been struggling with my own personal ideas of whether the right thing has been done. My perspective from the southwest corner of the state of Missouri has been one of urban versus rural.

I hope to God that we can overcome the loss of such verdant lands. This is not a good time as we all know. I hope that the spirit of our part of the world shines through.

God bless you all.
edit on 3-5-2011 by NiteNGale because: grammar

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Explosion Footage As US Army Corps Of Engineers Blow First Levee In Birds Point

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Yesterday, I posted this map and it was just red on there, tonight all of these Yellow Areas shows up, I wonder if this is what is going to flood after the Corps of Engineers get through.

www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

According to your map link

Orange # Likely - Hydrometeorological conditions indicate that significant flooding can be expected during the outlook period.
Yellow # Possible - Hydrometeorological conditions indicate that significant flooding could occur. Such flooding is neither certain nor imminent.

And HAARP didn't do it

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

In 1953, the Netherlands was swamped. The North Sea washed over half a million acres of land and killed over 1,800 people on the south-western coast. The disaster prodded the Dutch government into embarking on one of the greatest engineering projects in history. Over the following decades, engineers constructed a vast network of dams, sluices, locks, dykes and storm-surge barriers collectively known as the Delta Works.

www.solarfeeds.com...

New Orleans had areas 15 ft below sea level. The Mississippi floods regularly. But we still build levees out of dirt that can be washed away by water...

WHY with all the money spent on repairing annually can we not build a modern controlled dyke system that also generates power as a side effect? Seems the Corp of Engineers is very good at blowing up things, but how about a mega engineering project? I hear the one in Amsterdam...

"In 1994, the American Society of Engineers labeled it one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.

What happened to American ingenuity?
edit on 3-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There's simply a lot more money able to change hands by repairing things annually. Or at least as often as possible and as poorly as possible so you get to do it over and over and over.

Then there's the next step too of 'creative disaster capitalism' where you actually cause something to be destroyed so you can turn around and rebuild it, funneling all of the money to your cronie freinds. That works well.

American ingenuity? Sure it's igeneous. It's called built in obsolescense and creative destruction and alot of the brainpower is used to design better weapons to destroy even more to rebuild even more. Isn't it great. Keeps people employed I guess and forever on their treadmills.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I still have to wonder as I said a ways back in this thread, after all of this settles if even more people will be driven off of their land and the gov. will come in and take it like they did in 93 and revert it back to 'wildlands'. (or hand it over to mega corporations through the 'back door' process.)

A couple of people scoffed somewhat at this notion early on in this thread before things developed further, but I think it's still a real possibility. Time will tell I guess.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The boy scout troop was rescued. Don't know if anyone knew or saw it.

www.todaysthv.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Corps and the politicians are on the local news looking very sad-eyed. You know they must be gleeful inside that they can blow some stuff up.

I agree with the poster who wondered why they build levees out of dirt, which washes away.

The problem as I see it is the land in Missouri won't be restored for 10 years, if that. The rushing water will wash away the top soil. If it stands wet for too long it will all go to goo-the microbes under the soil will die. No one is sure what contaminants will be washed onto the land, and washed off.

And of course, we the taxpayer will pay the farmers (via crop insurance) for the failed years.

I have been in Missouri almost 20 years and I simply do not understand this: there is a massive river system that has flooded, floods and will flood. These rivers flood almost every year to some extent. Why (WHY???) does everyone deny this and keep putting bandaids over the mess? It is like the Corps keeps pretending the rivers won't flood.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Awesome!
Bet those troop leaders going to have to do some explaining.
But they did keep all of them alive.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i had a dream a couple days ago that there was going to be a 7.7 earthquake in pennsylvania this year

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you stalking me? If you think everything I say is stupid, then reply to someone else. I was comparing it to what the map showed the day before that I posted "it only showed the red and nothing else." Now all that yellow today. And this yellow is all over the place, so what changed in the past 24 hrs. they blew on levee and intend to blow up more. You have to keep up with the conversation. I am in South Arkansas so I am concerned, and the entire state of Arkansas is covered in Red and Yellow now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Now all that yellow today. And this yellow is all over the place, so what changed in the past 24 hrs. they blew on levee and intend to blow up more.

Yes the yellow is in many areas... also many areas far away from the levee (ie south and east of Lake Ontario) and it clearly says on the map that these are POSSIBLE areas that MIGHT experience flooding, but that it is neither imminent or current. Stating the map is a planned destruction map is not being concerned, but can scare people

No I am not stalking you
Not all government decisions are against the people. The amount of water has a tremendous weight that could press on a fault line... and so when they release it to ease that pressure people don't like that decision either. Its a no win situation really for TPTB... no matter what they try to do, someone will say they are out to get us.

You cannot control, that which you destroy

Sandboils - Liquefaction

Liquefaction after Japanese quake

So with all that water pressure... it has to go somewhere.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Some difference of opinions going on FB 5newsoline.com asked if people thought the quakes were related to the drilling. One lady got on there said no cuz her husband works for the gas co and he told her no, although the video displayed seems to make it pretty clear the drilling was to blame.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by zorgon

Yes the yellow is in many areas... also many areas far away from the levee (ie south and east of Lake Ontario) and it clearly says on the map that these are POSSIBLE areas that MIGHT experience flooding, but that it is neither imminent or current. Stating the map is a planned destruction map is not being concerned, but can scare people

surprisingly, if you read the legend of that map, it states clearly that areas in red are experiencing Current flood conditions and that includes the upper Eastern region you mention.
No fear mongering stating the obvious ... read the map rather just glance at it.

Yes, the areas in yellow reflect potential for more devastation but to discount the entirety of the situation, especially those areas already marked in red as fear mongering is ridiculous.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
I live in eastern T.N. and today I layed down on the bed for a nap with my two small dogs,just seconds after laying down I felt a small short earthquake or tremer I guess cause it was very short,my dogs must have felt it too cause they started barking, my house is one level on a slab,i don't live near construction or an airport or anything that would explain this and the sky was clear,no thunder, i looked at the clock and it was 2:27pm,did anybody else feel it?

nope, didn't feel anything here in FL but i did notice this on the quake chart for today ...
am wondering if it's location may have triggered your rumble

Magnitude: 2.4
Date-Time Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 07:09:46 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 03:09:46 AM local time at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 40.86N 83.54W
Depth 5 kilometers
Region OHIO
Distances 22 km (14 miles) SSE of Findlay, Ohio
42 km (26 miles) SW of Tiffin, Ohio
46 km (29 miles) NW of Marion, Ohio
110 km (68 miles) NNW of COLUMBUS, Ohio

source: neic.usgs.gov...

after reading about the dream another poster mentioned, one does wonder if these ACE actions are causing more or less damage to the foundations many call home.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If you look on the bibliography to this thread you will find the hundreds of links that have been posted regarding what has been going on in Arkansas. It's a lot of pages to read thru www.abovetopsecret.com...

There has been and still is concern with the flooding. A train track gave way, a few roads have been washed out that looked OK. Homes damaged, tornado's thru here, fracking, earthquakes, etc.... It's been hard to live with it all hitting us like it has.

There are many issue's and unknown's still going on. The concern for the amount of weight of the water is there, but I believe most feel that the problem is not right now as much as when the waters start to go down in a week to 10 days. I know the 1st blow last night rattled some of my friends up in that area, but they did not feel the second one, there is one more to go. The flooding is just going to move downstream with more that needs to be allowed thru from the north where they have gates closed still trying to get this water out. This is going to go on for a while longer.

I am saddened by the loss of the farmland and homes and that my grocery bills are going to become higher along with everything else.

There are many concerns for those of us that live here in this region and use this forum as a place to communicate, ask questions even if they are stupid ones. I know I have asked plenty myself and been very scared at times. We don't know what is going to happen, those in charge don't even know for sure. The Mississippi River could change course, it has already tried to do so on it's own before in this area along with the Ohio and it's man's intervention that stopped it then. There were problems moving a barge this morning from the blast area last night.

Every one including myself is stressed and we have been for months now and on edge. We need to take a breath and thank our god for the day we have today and treat other with kindness and respect. The gas exploration needs to end here. I came here to learn a few months ago and I know I have learned a great deal with a lot more room to continue. The earth is alive, she always has been and she always will be, none of us would be here without her.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

How can you say earth is a female?
What's wrong with it being a male?

Nah, you're right. It sure as hell is male. Forget the birthin' life stuff and creatin' life and stuff. Men are destructive, and we do all the knock stuff down stuff.

I don't know if I buy into all that spiritual Gaia stuff. I defienatley see the earth as a whole system, on the verge of being considered an organism. But that's going to far. The earth doesn't really freely, swim around. It's not regularly popping out new baby planets. You should all know my moon theory, so I won't go there. It's not an organism in the classic sense. Earth is a big rock with life scurrying all about and trying to cling on. The earth itself stuff that in the process of cooling down. The garden grows when Goldielocks porridge cools down enough.

The earth is matter in flux dynamic and life finds a place in that system. It's all one. But not an organism. A giant fungi underground can be one big organism, but not the crust and oceans, and air. That's the stuff. We're the who.

I been thinking the engineers had to blow the levee. And it was about the town of Cairo. They need a spillway. Even if they let Cairo fill up like a ceral bowl, it wouldn't have taken very long and they would be still in the same boat they were in before. That river will breach some point of the river at some point. So you want to determine where and when. I'd curse them up and down, but that's really what's the reasoning. I like farmers, so I think it sucks that they are getting flooded out. But remember, it's a natural floodplain and that's why the soil is so good. The levees are an attempt to control the rivers flooding and flow. Without them, it be much worse.

There was just way too much snow melt in the Ohio River. And then the area gets a month's worth of rain in less than a week. This was massive. At this point the water's been diverted and some will evaporate, some will still even flow back into the Mississippi afterward. If they hadn't breached the levy, it could have ended busting through at Memphis or elsewhere as the river crests. It's still going to be very bad but it would have been worse with the boys getting to blow stuff up.

I didn't keep into your forecasts, but earlier I saw a cold front was swinging down at you, I'm just hoping a low doesn't join up with it.

We guys are jerks. Osama wasn't armed. If that was the case. You walk over to him and you clip him on the chin with the butt of your rifle. Real easy. Yes. We boys are jerks and we never stop playing war games.

The earth is a female.
Mother Nature.
Respect your Mother.
Friendly reminder to myself and others.
Mother's Day is coming soon.

Don't buy a card. The motherfracking greeting card companies and their freakin made up holidays.

Make the card. Write a nice note. Knit some stuff. Be creative.

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join