It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

We just got fat rain in Henderson TN. It rained cats and dogs for an hour or two.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

That little black squiggle on the 2200 hrs line, opened right after saw on the live news feed. Was that the blast? Opened GEE for Yellville AR and showed some business there too.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It showed up on the GEE stations, all of them that I had loaded.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I had GEE up it showed it on the Hebron NE and Mansfield MO ..most of my stations on GEE are not showing up at all

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Very loud rumbling heard.....Are you able to hear it...

Thunder....?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Nah, I'll go out and check it though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Ok...Cable out...Raining

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Very loud rumbling heard.

Water perhaps - I hope people can see well enough
outside their homes to see what is happening.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have Velonia and Pottsville loaded on GEE. The Pottsville is showing a crazy wavy line, like an ocean wave. Don't like this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar
[more

They have been doing that. About used to those crazy lines now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just don't want to see the pictures after dawn breaks tomorrow.

I hope people are safe and took the precautions they were advised to. I hope Corps. of Engineers know what the heck they are doing and aren't just guessing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Glad you popped on was worried about you. There was a strom parked right over you all day yesterday. Have you had a lot of flooding. My street is flooded at the end onto hwy 270. The weight of all that water is not good. My prayers are with everyone up there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
shows on most all the memphis ceri helicorders

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Anyone have thoughts on why the levee was blown in the dark at night rather than in daylight?

Wouldn't it have posed less risk to have been done during the day just in case there are unexpected problems?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

It's flooded around us but luckily not hit us directly yet. Yes it seemed to stay and stay and stay, finally moved off and another one came in. All we can do right now is be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. The last wave of rain is suppose to move through by morning and then clear off. Hope it doesn't get any higher where you are. Everyone stay safe...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
Anyone have thoughts on why the levee was blown in the dark at night rather than in daylight?

Wouldn't it have posed less risk to have been done during the day just in case there are unexpected problems?

That would make way too much sense.
Then they'd be able to see what they were doing, or see what was done....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by Tecumte

That would make way too much sense.
Then they'd be able to see what they were doing, or see what was done....

Hmmmmm...LOL (the remark, not the situation).... perhaps they didn't want any private pictures of the results unfolding..... maybe it's just easier on 'everyone' overall under the cover of darkness

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Did the levee blast register on eq scales? Hopefully someone can find out?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

KFVS reports: "The first levee at Birds Point has been breached. The Birds Point blast was felt at the Wardell, Missouri helicorder and by Heartland News viewers across the Heartland."

The first blast of three happened at around 10pm CDT with two more expected between 1 AM and 4 AM with another one to happen tomorrow.

Source: www.kfvs12.com...

They are showing live coverage of the levee breach. Stay tuned to this channel, seems like this is the only coverage of the event. MSM and local stations in Arkansas are not even mentioning the breach.

I really hope they know what they are doing.

Here is a link to the video: Birds Point Levee Breach Video
edit on 2-5-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added URL to video.

edit on 2-5-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added image...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy, Could you see that this Map is brought to Susan and Robins attention also.

Yesterday, I posted this map and it was just red on there, tonight all of these Yellow Areas shows up, I wonder if this is what is going to flood after the Corps of Engineers get through.

*** The Entire State of Arkansas Under Water*** Except for Ozark Park, Washington County, and Benton County. If this is the case we might as well leave the state.

***Map***
www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join