It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Bin Laden is dead is the special report

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

This has got to be some kind of distraction, I really believe he has been dead since 2002.
I want to see the BODY. Show us the Body. They had to dig him up.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

my husband kinda agrees with you. (he's retired military) distractions are common practice

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here's my gut instinct.
Assassinations are signals.

There can be no mistaking the coincidence of the drone strike in Lybia which killed Ghaffi's son.
Just like mafia hits, this is to tell the Lybians and the Syrians, and the Iranians, you not untouchable.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yes, Robin and this is the 2nd time FOX News has reported the "death of Osama bin Laden" Check this FOX News report from December 26 2001.

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

Link: www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like an election ploy to me. I want to see the BODY!

Not so much off the subject, because this is a great distraction from what is going on on the New Madrid Area.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As someone that believes that climate change (debate the causes all you want) has passed its tipping point, this is yet another obvious distraction. I thought that the release of the birth certificate was a distraction as well. Obama and his people were smart enough to know that the long form birth certificate would have been better kept in the pocket until a real trump card (no pun intended) was needed, like closer to the election.

When I read this quote today -

"Right now the Mississippi river is in the process of going through what we call an epic flood, meaning it's more than historic, it's more than a 100 year flood, it's more like a 500 year flood," he said. "We could flood many homes, businesses, close down factories, people could drown."
Article

I wondered why it wasn't major news. When I brought it up to my husband he wasn't impressed either. And then the "surprising" announcement? My husband was really unimpressed with weather and geology. Wow. Really? Even if it were all totally true (and it just may be) it still would not be as important as the tragedy going on with the storms, tornadoes and epic floods in out Midwest and Southern States. Not to mention the historic drought we have here in Texas. This is all happening right now. In our own country. The implications are huge.

I have pondered all of the evidence. Some major changes are coming to America. I am assuming that those reading this have seen and heard all that I have. If not, fine, I will go find and list of of the sources if need be. Just let me know.

The states around the New Madrid have been pummelled by nature lately. The floods are of great concern. I came upon this article by chance today while reading some other article.

A new paper, which is published in Nature on April 1, 2010, has identified a mega-flood path across North America which channelled melt-water from a giant ice sheet into the oceans and triggering the Younger Dryas cold snap
Article

It just makes you wonder...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Alright...with all the flooding going on throughout the entire NMSZ area right now, I think we all agree that the more we know, the better off we are. Knowledge is power, right?!

Huge downpours of rain can trigger earthquakes in landscapes riddled with caves and channels by increasing pressure within underlying rock, suggests a new study.

In recent years, geologists have documented small earthquakes that occurred after heavy rainfall in Germany, Switzerland and France. All were low in magnitude - meaning they could be detected by seismographs, but not felt by humans.

Some experts have suggested that although the rainfall was heavy, the fact that rain could trigger an earthquake at all suggests that it takes extremely little to produce a tremor. They concluded that the Earth's crust in a delicate balance, teetering on the edge of a slight shake-up at any moment.

The article continues with discussing the landscape of the area, the kind of ground/earth and the types of effects water has on it. And then the effects of "pressure" from the water.

New Scientist Article - Heavy Rain Can Trigger Earthquakes

Then to add to that... especially considering what's going on at the moment with levee's, dams and such...

Build a Dam: Water is heavier than air, so when the valley behind a dam is filled, the crust underneath the water experiences a massive change in stress load. For example, the Hoover Dam area experienced hundreds of quakes as Lake Mead filled. University of Alaska seismologist Larry Gedney explained, "Since [the dam] reached its peak of 475 feet in 1939, the level of seismicity has fluctuated in direct response to water level. None of the shocks has been particularly damaging — the largest was about magnitude 5 — but the area had no record of being seismically active." Other examples of dam-caused quakes abound and Klose’s research indicates that about one-third of human-caused earthquakes came from reservoir construction. This science has raised fears that the recent earthquake in China was caused by the filling of the Three Gorges Dam reservoir, although no conclusive evidence has been presented.

Wired Article - Top 5 Ways To Cause A Man Made Earthquake

Not really liking any of this!

edit on 1-5-2011 by UtahRosebud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by ur44lois

This has got to be some kind of distraction, I really believe he has been dead since 2002.
I want to see the BODY. Show us the Body. They had to dig him up.

Sorry nobody will get to actually see the body, unless of course it has been well preserved for almost a decade.

And likely this will be used as more than just a 'distraction'.

Knowing how these people work I fully expect it will be used as a pretext for whatever 'retalitory' false flag stunt the Globalist mafia wants to implement to once again blame on some shadowy enemy, to help initiate the next phase of The Agenda. A 'nuke' attack perhaps? I would never rule anything out.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I hope people are keeping an eye on the various national satellite maps.

It may be hard for some to contemplate and accept (and this is just my opinion) but I honestly believe from watching the activity on these maps that "jet trails' are adding to the cloud buildup coming out of Northern Texas and helping to build these storms.. Whether anyone who watches this believes this has to do with seeding for rain or not, it's up to their viewer discretion, I would just say watch watch watch and learn.

www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
One more:

Supreme Court Ok's Levee Blast.

stlouis.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've been thinking about Bin Laden and the timing of the announcement. I totally agree that it is a planned distraction. But I don't think it's to distract attention from the Mississippi. Floods only get the media's attention later as the pictures become more dramatic. The public often holds the flood victims in contempt. I've heard the following statement many times. "Why are they living on a flood plan? It's their own fault." "Why do they keep building there?'

Of course they are forgetting that flood plains are some of our most productive lands for food production, and the river is a major transportation corridor for many goods. Let's face it, people are stupid.

The reason the Bin Laden story was released on Sunday night was to control the news cycle. NATO was in damage control. The hit on Muammar Gaddafi missing him and hit his son. If you noticed, many embassies were attacked by the public, and the UN had to pull out of the country.

The American public has no problem with the CIA assassinating a country's leader. But the rest of NATO, especially Turkey, and other UN member nations are going to be outraged because it goes beyond the UN mandate. This story was going to dominate world news.

Problem solved. We got Bin Laden. Libya gets pushed from top spot in the headlines.
Mission Accomplished.
I've been watching the media and they are only talking about one story. And it ain't the fouled up hit on Muammar.

There were a few earthquakes over the last few days. But the last day has been real quiet. Soon, we should be expecting the return of the cluster. The pattern has been that when we get a longer we have no quakes, the more intense the cluster. This is still a diminishing pattern because the cluster are still not nearly as energetic as the ones two months ago. So the trend is still promising.

I still have major concerns due to the flooding and the saturated soils. But I can't forget the reality of a quieting faultline.

I've been thinking about Kathy. I saw a report from Greenbrier and there was extensive flooding. I'm hoping she didn't have to evacuate.

Sorry- sorry- sorry. I really don't want to think too much about the Bin Laden thing, BUT.

They didn't even try to take him alive. Why?
The CIA was on the ground along with the commandos.
You can't see the body.
They dumped Bin Laden's body in the ocean.
?

Rhetorical questions. No need to answer. Just had to spit that bad taste out of my mouth.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Look at all these floodgates that are due to be finished, March 2001 - Summer 2011
Has anyone heard anything about opening any flood gates on the News??
They need to just go ahead and open them???

•LPV 144 – Bayou Dupre Floodgate - Construction is approximately 50 percent complete and will be finished in June 2011. Bayou Dupre is closed to all marine traffic and will remain closed until summer 2011. Marine traffic will need to utilize Bayou Bienvenue to exit the Central Wetlands.

•LPV 145 – Bayou Bienvenue to Bayou Dupre - Construction is approximately 97 percent complete. Although construction will not be complete until June 2011, the 100-year elevation will be achieved in March. Crews have constructed a temporary bridge on the protected side of Bayou Bienvenue to provide continuous access from Paris Road to Bayou Dupre. Small vessels are able to pass under the bridge without delay, while large vessels (more than 14 feet of clearance) are only allowed to pass four times a day.

•LPV 146 – Bayou Dupre to Highway 46 - Construction is approximately 89 percent complete. Although construction will not be complete until June 2011, the 100-year elevation will be achieved in April.

•LPV 147 – Highway 46 Floodgate Construction - Construction is approximately 85 percent complete and will be finished in March 2011

•LPV 148.02 – Verret to Caernarvon - Construction is approximately 64 percent complete and will be finished in June 2011.

•LPV 149 – Caernarvon Floodwall and Sector Gate - Construction is approximately 80 percent complete and will be finished in May 2011.

Link www.mvn.usace.army.mil...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The whole Bin Laden thing stinks. I think he's alive. What are they covering up?

Worse, his supporters will be after the US. Lousy day to travel, heck lousy week to travel.

I almost feel like the Powers that Be wanted to stir things up so the American people will get the backlash, and be distracted and scared.

Very wet in North County St. Louis, US 94 (the main road into Illinois) is water-covered. This road is a main artery for an entire area. It floods on occasion, but I think this one will cut off an entire area.

I am wary of the quiet days now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
While watching the coverages last night unfold, a thought went through my mind almost before the magnitude of the ripples this news would cause struck me. And that was, "what is going on elsewhere right now that might not bare close scrutiny?"

Robin, this is going to be a wordquake in proportion to the megathrust event that took place off the coast of Japan.

I paid close attention to every nuance from the moment president Obama walked into view, to the way he sauntered up to the microphone with a subtle swagger as though he had just scored a game winning shot in a basketball contest to the wording and cadences chosen to deliver the official news; the leak to the press being carefully cultivated beforehand. And saw clearly that this was a carefully planed and meticulously staged event.

You are absolutely correct in that it was designed to steer and muddle the news coverages. Look to what is going on away from the center of focus and you will find the true hub of activity.

I am starting to wonder how this political capital could be used and the possibilities are unsettling.

Say the flooding/fracking lead to a large quake somewhere in the interrelated fault systems in the midwest on a large scale happens.

Or yellowstone/long valley/any other large volcanic system goes off in a big way.

Or we get hit by a big space rock.

Or, or, or

Some people who might not otherwise have been swayed would acquiesce when told "hey, you can trust us, we got Osama for you didn't we?"

Maybe my tin hat is too tight but this all smells.

(insert Zorgon's smelly fish icon here)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I woke up to this on our local Fox News
Tweet Osama raid

Nothing is coming together. What are they obfuscating?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
According to weather maps, almost the entire state of Arkansas has some sort of flood threat.

www.weather.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Seems like they are sharing a time-frame now. I pray for the best.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Robin, they are suppose to blow the levee, between 9pm and Midnight tonight.
I hope Susan and them are alright they haven't been on here since yesterday.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Have they blown the levee yet?
Read (past tense) they evac'd Ledbetter Ky. www.msnbc.msn.com...
When I Google mapped Cairo then Ledbetter, looked at the Ohio river turns and twists there's gonna be some back flow on the Ohio and the southern dip looks like an accumulation spot. Sorry can't link it, but go look for yourself. No wonder there is a news distraction happening, cause honestly I think they have no idea what ends results are gonna be. Something has gotten out of control and now its damage control, and blowing the levee is the best option. Really?!! I have to agree with a post I saw we shouldn't have been trying to tame nature's course of the river in the first place. Mother will have her way.

Also wanted to add thanks for the flood warning links above. www.weather.com...
Go to Illinois scroll down for River flooding Cairo. Go to Ky, look at river flooding for the Ohio. I know its rain and more rain, a local dam reached its highest record, but they finally had to release the spillway, it can't hold back anymore. It leads to the Licking River that leads to the Ohio and so forth. The midwest and Central U.S. is more than saturated, and we got rain forcasted all the way through Derby.

edit on 2-5-2011 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Susan has posted quite a bit on her FB mostly stuff about the levee breaking and all of our growing concern for doing this at nite. I have been nauseous since noon and ears ringing lots. I figured in part due to the emotion of what is happening. Grieving for the people that could be in danger, all the animals that will die, and the destruction of that local ecosystem, even though it can come back. Just grieving. The fights on the walls of FB corps site is unreal. No wonder the government never tells us anything between the panic, bickering and fussing at each other its pretty bad tonight. You can see the fear and anguish in their type. Meanwhile, my dogs all want in my lap, and the macaws will not shut up.

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join