It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hang on everyone within the hour they are doing the 3rd blow...
Birds Point New Madrid Floodway Joint Information Center
Update from the field: final preparations are being made to open the third crevasse (outflow levee section). We expect the final blast to occur within about an hour

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Walls thumping here too,Susan. Like the pipes were thumping .... I`m not using any water, and they only do that when there is seismic activity.

My dogs have been roaming back and forth in the yard all morning, like caged tigers. No chasing squirrels, or anything that they normally do.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

They were speaking of how earthquakes can be man made.
Peter Fairley had mentioned a damn in India and the earthquakes it caused.

The announcer mentioned the earthquakes in Arkansas and the Injection Wells and how someone was keeping track of them with a plum bob. She said jokingly, it wasn't very scientific, but it works and and that they were putting the link to the videos on their website.

The link (Tracking The Movement in Arkansas) is at the bottom of the Fukishima article I posted. The transcript of the show probably won't be up for awhile, the short show just ended.

edit on 5-5-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Was this one of the links you were looking for?

www.scribd.com...

Blue Hole
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by herenow

Brief rundown please, what did he say. I just had doors rattling for 45 seconds or longer, was wondering here when it was going to end.

You can listen to the show Here

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Thanks for the link. At least he did admit that fracking can cause earthquakes. Hopefully the word will get out more and more about the dangers of it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Blue Hole
en.wikipedia.org...

Nice hole... but this is related to New Madrid how?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe Susan linked that here because as she stated in a previous post, also with links, Arkansas is suffering from sinkholes appearing all over the place now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
I believe Susan linked that here because as she stated in a previous post, also with links, Arkansas is suffering from sinkholes appearing all over the place now.

Ah! Well here is a map of the first level of underground waterways...

See that band across Florida for example? Those lake front properties they sell in that region... those are not lakes

Look at Google Earth
Avon Park , Florida
+27° 35' 52.48", -81° 29' 48.78"

You can actually see new ones in the making, with houses in them. You can clearly see the cracks in the ground from space.

All those blue areas on that map are subject to sink holes. We have a big one here in the Nevada desert that is called Devil's Throat. There is a huge under ground aquifer here that even has famous Pup fish.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Arkansas and Mississippi have a lot of Karst topography... That is what creates caves and sink holes

So when the earth cracks and lots of water flows it will certainly increase the occurrence of sinkholes. This was from 1999

Arkansas Farmers Puzzled As Land Tumbles Into Sinkholes
By Kenneth Heard
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette 12-12-99
www.rense.com...

So definitely an ongoing problem

edit on 5-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The blue holes were mentioned in the link to the public meeting transcript that was with it and why I added it. We have had a few sink holes around Little Rock, they do happen everywhere. Thanks for adding the other links and visuals.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I am new here on ATS not from America but am very much concerned and just wanted to say you are all in my thoughts. I can see all those quakes on all the seismograms and they don't look good even to an absolute amateur like me. My heart is with you.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Population of 18,000 being forced to move. I do wonder if they are trying to drive us all out.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by heartfulloftruth

Welcome a few of us are still new to what is going on but learning quickly._javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

yep..

In Memphis, 20,000 people will be evacuated, and they are saying that number more than likely will increase as the days go by.

They are serious.

The local news has been warning us and warning us because they know some won't take it seriously, stay here, and create casualties behind this. They don't want anyone to say that we weren't warned......

They have already told us what to be packing (vital records, bottle water, medicine, etc) and to be ready to leave at a MOMENT'S NOTICE

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I live in the Missouri Karst Protection District.
Protecting the sinks is a big deal in some areas.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Damn....

Tornados, superstorms, floods, cyclones, earthquakes, radiation leaks,.........

2012??

Hell, we gotta hope we make it through 2011!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Text www.youtube.com...TextText Purple Hi all, It's me again
(the one who dreamed of the massive landslides on the MS River from all the flooding about a month ago). I was wondering what you all thought about this video here. I hope this works since I've never posted a video on this site. But I'm really wanting to know what you guys think. I'm in the Memphis area and I greatly appreciate any info you all deem as credible as I have 4 little ones to care for and friends and family all in this area. Thanks in advance

edit on 6-5-2011 by Grace0f4babes because: link to page not the video

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm creeped out!!

They have started to warn residents about snakes in the flood water, and around homes, everywhere!!

Those THINGS are my most feared phobia and I cannot be here for that sh#!

www.myfoxmemphis.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join