It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

OMG....Wonder what brought that on when they have been so close in the past. That just doesn't make much since. How horrible. I'm sorry.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Now swarms on the fault line - oh great! Sorry
we just don't need this to go along with all the
flooding. What would be the best way to
keep track of all the swarms in one location?
Arkansas and other states having swarms
on or near the Madrid. I just knew the blasing
was not a good thing - and then again tonight.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

my son and DIL have been trying to figure it out all day. They aren't in AR but up in Springfield MO. DIL's mother was there watching the grandbaby and had let the them out for a bit came back and the little dog was already dead. Son said the big dog had been acting "crabby" for a couple of days. Shots all up to date and no strange animals have gotten in thru their privacy fence.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have a 7 1/2 year old coonhound mix. She is my baby. She's never had any health problems before. Most of you know that I started having seizures 4 month ago. Today, my dog had a seizure - the first one she's ever had. While at the emergency vet's office in Maumelle, I met a woman who was also from Greenbrier there. Her dog had been acting 'psycho' all day. When the dog started running full force into walls, they figured it was time to get help. I did, however, have tons of birds in my yard this morning- 3 times the usualy. But, I do feed them..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
3.1 SE Missouri Levee Blast36.95°N -89.14°W 0Km Deep 2011-05-03 03:02:50 UTC1970-01-01 00:00:00 US2011KLAI

So the levee blastings are registering (or creating earthquakes all together) on the USGS.....

and they are doing so along the Mississippi on the New Madrid fault.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is new. Walked outside this morning and everything smells like petro, diesel fumes and it's very heavy in the air. We have a lot of traffic moving on Hwy 64 detouring the flooding on I-40 since last night. I'm sure some that are heading further west are just avoiding Little Rock completely and using the detour to catch I-40 again in Conway. There has been hwy noise and traffic on 64 all night long.

My animals have not been that bizarre, they seem a little jittery. The deer came back last night to eat, have not seen them since Friday. The bullfrog in the pond was singing last night and I have a wood pecker that loves to irritate me and I have not seen him in a few days at all or heard him anywhere.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
The deer came back last night to eat, have not seen them since Friday. The bullfrog in the pond was singing last night and I have a wood pecker that loves to irritate me and I have not seen him in a few days at all or heard him anywhere.

Apart from all the Quakes, the Tornados and the Floods it sounds lovely where you live Susan

edit on 5/5/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

I fell in love with this place when we first moved here, when the gas drilling/fracking, and the quakes started it became a nightmare. Wish I could transplant it somewhere else. LOL!!!
edit on 5-5-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi all... hope everyone in the flood zones are staying safe. I'm really worried for all of you down there. This is just way beyond 'normal'. I swear if I hear one more person up here say things like "It's normal, severe weather happens in the spring down there" I'm gonna lose it. It's not normal..... ok, sorry for the mini-rant. On topic, sort of.

I saw an article in a local business paper last night advertising locals up here to join a live studio audience on a discussion on fracking. I saw it, unfortunately, after the thing started so I did not make it, however, I'm posting this here in hopes there will be something of interest to the folks down there on the fracking issue. This discussion was sponsored by WNED radio which is public radio & TV station up here.

Is natural gas an ample, clean, and inexpensive energy source? Or does it pose a risk of contaminated groundwater and environmental hazards?

What's in store for upstate New York as it considers allowing natural gas extraction through the controversial "hydraulic fracturing," or "fracking," technique?

Tune in for the answers on Innovation Conversation: The Future of Fracking

WNED-Buffalo: Monday, May 9 at 1 p.m.
WXXI-Rochester: Tuesday, May 10 at 1 p.m. and 11 p.m.
WRVO-Syracuse: Monday, May 9 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
WSKG-Binghamton: Thursday, May 12 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.

The Innovation Trail's Daniel Robison hosts a discussion about fracking with a panel of experts:

Martin Casstevens, director, Directed Energy
Sarah Eckel, legislative director, Citizens Campaign for the Environment
Michael Joy, oil and gas attorney, Biltekoff & Joy, LLP

And a big thanks to everyone who attended our live taping at WNED's studios in Buffalo on May 4 - check back here for streaming audio soon.

Source

Listen to WNED
Listen to WXXI
Listen to WRVO
Listen to WSKG

I have no idea what exactly was covered, but you just never know when an idea may be covered that has not been thought of before.

Again, hope everyone stays safe. As always my thoughts are with you all.

~MMIMO

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Quakes for today in Arkansas including Missouri

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Had to jump in-
That whole section of the country is breathtakingly lovely. The Ozarks and the surrounding areas are masses of trees, bluffs, water, hills and valleys. I love going there.

In St. Louis the media is reporting the levee blow-ups.
I am looking for 2 vids I heard/saw yesterday on local media:
-Corps Head saying he wants most levees dismantled
-corps engineer telling the local news the levels are not dropping as they had hoped
-corps engineer speculating on quake ramifications short term.
Will post here when I find them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
11:45 rumbles like thunder
11:51 rumbles and the floor/house shivered

storms are hours away
edit on 5/5/2011 by katfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Yeah I did too, doors rattled as well with low rumble. I had gone back to bed for a couple of hours. I have felt horrible all morning long.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Holy Moley that was a big one. Several rumbles preceding it. Then a big shiver and all quiet now.

I cannot comprehend how you in Arkansas and me in North County Missouri (nearly in Alton, Illinois) are on the same fault line. I mean, I believe it, just...wow.

I reported it to USGS.

Alaska just had a 5.9

Big wave of nausea just hit me-wow-something is up.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Alaska has had several this morning, good sized quakes, there was one near New Zealand too. I am very nauseated, head hurting, even had a hard time on the phone earlier gathering my thought to say something to my sister, kind of spaced out. More rumbles here too and light rattles

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

I reported it too. Lots of rumbles and they have not stopped. I know it could be surface waves.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by katfish

Alaska has had several this morning, good sized quakes, there was one near New Zealand too. I am very nauseated, head hurting, even had a hard time on the phone earlier gathering my thought to say something to my sister, kind of spaced out. More rumbles here too and light rattles

The spaced out part bothers me the most-cannot think. My ear plugged up as if there was a barometric change. Never had that before with the quakes.

Storms will be sweeping through, so stay safe Susan and everyone in the area. Storms are running north/south and I would say they will hit St. Louis by 3 PM, Arkansas by 6 PM.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

California is lighting up too...

Stay safe everyone!!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Was just listening to NPR Radio, they had a man on their who was talking about earthquakes.

They brought up Susan'a plum bob and her youtube videos.

They have put a link on their sight to Susan's videos.

Here and Now

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Brief rundown please, what did he say. I just had doors rattling for 45 seconds or longer, was wondering here when it was going to end.

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join