It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

It was correct.

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 3.5
Date-Time Friday, April 08, 2011 at 16:46:19 UTC
Friday, April 08, 2011 at 11:46:19 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.258°N, 92.376°W
Depth 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 3 km (2 miles) NNE (21°) from Greenbrier, AR
8 km (5 miles) SE (146°) from Twin Groves, AR
8 km (5 miles) SSW (206°) from Guy, AR
20 km (13 miles) NNE (20°) from Conway, AR
58 km (36 miles) N (356°) from Little Rock, AR
420 km (261 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There have been some changes made by the USGS. The 4.2M has been downgraded. This is because it was not one quake, but two.

I've been wondering if we would get any warning signs of something big in the near future. Right now, all the major activity is right near the town of Greenbrier. This localized activity is consistant with water escaping a underground reservior. If the activity starts jumping back and forth from Greenbrier to Guy, then I think there is something bigger brewing. Or if we got the odd hit from Enola or elsewhere in an adjacent zone.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
anybody else notice the phase of the moon.. here we are in the week before a full moon and surprise surprise we have a big increase in earthquakes again.. just an observation.. something I've been watching for and expecting. just felt some rumbling..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've checked out the locations of the 3.9M and the lastest 3.5M earthquakes. They are both almost directly under the injection well that is located outside Greenbrier. I am certain there is a large reservoir under the injection well.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Each of these might be covered individually, but there's the last 24 hours from Global Incident. Looks like the activity started ramping up about 19 hours ago.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Friday April 8 2011, 16:46:19 UTC 111 minutes ago Arkansas 3.5 4.9 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 16:46:19 UTC 111 minutes ago Arkansas 3.5 6.2 D???

Friday April 8 2011, 16:02:39 UTC 2 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 6.2 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 15:36:06 UTC 3 hours ago Arkansas 2.4 3.0 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 14:56:32 UTC 3 hours ago Arkansas 3.9 6.3 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 14:56:32 UTC 3 hours ago Arkansas 4.2 5.0 D ???

Friday April 8 2011, 13:16:48 UTC 5 hours ago Arkansas 2.6 6.0 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 12:46:39 UTC 5 hours ago Arkansas 2.6 3.5 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 10:12:53 UTC 8 hours ago Arkansas 3.0 5.2 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 10:12:53 UTC 8 hours ago Arkansas 3.0 5.0 D???

Friday April 8 2011, 09:13:57 UTC 9 hours ago Arkansas 2.5 4.6 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 08:17:08 UTC 10 hours ago Arkansas 2.4 5.2 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 07:57:33 UTC 10 hours ago Arkansas 2.4 4.6 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 06:47:43 UTC 11 hours ago Arkansas 2.5 3.5 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 04:35:04 UTC 14 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 4.6 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 04:35:04 UTC 14 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 3.0 D???
Friday April 8 2011, 04:35:03 UTC 14 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 5.3 Detail

Friday April 8 2011, 03:30:34 UTC 15 hours ago Arkansas 2.2 4.9 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 03:27:58 UTC 15 hours ago Arkansas 3.2 5.5 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 03:27:58 UTC 15 hours ago Arkansas 3.2 5.0 D???

Friday April 8 2011, 00:28:24 UTC 18 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 2.2 Detail
Friday April 8 2011, 00:28:22 UTC 18 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 5.0 D???
Friday April 8 2011, 00:28:22 UTC 18 hours ago Arkansas 2.9 5.0 Detail

Thursday April 7 2011, 23:11:09 UTC 19 hours ago Arkansas 3.9 6.1 Detail
Thursday April 7 2011, 23:11:09 UTC 19 hours ago Arkansas 4.0 2.6 Detail

Thursday April 7 2011, 10:03:34 UTC 32 hours ago Arkansas 2.5 3.2 Detail
Thursday April 7 2011, 09:48:00 UTC 32 hours ago Arkansas 2.2 4.0 Detail

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yes two of the wells were closed but a third injection well located in the south west corner of the fault is still active.

PERMIT__ = 41079
API_WELL__ = 03-045-10133-00
ORIGPRMT = 41079
SEC = 8
TWP = 7
N_S = N
RNG = 13
W_E = W
OPERATOR_N = Chesapeake Operating Inc
LEASE_NAME = Trammel 7-13
WELL__ = 1-8D
FIELD = B-43
CNTY = FAULKNER
DTD = 0
TYPE = GAS
ORIGTYP =_
STATUS = PW
COMPANY_CO = Company
STATUS_1 = Approved
SPOT =_
DT_STAT = 6/17/2008
LATITUDE = 35.26451
LONGITUDE = -92.41132

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

All (or almost all) the quakes are around 35 lat by 92 long - the location of the well flagged by JadedDreams above.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

My husband has been feeling funny again too. We're in northern Pa, and I thought there was no way there could be a connection. But I've been keeping track since I found this site. It happens too often to be a coincidence. He has seizures too. Japan's three biggest ones seem to have bothered him the most, but it's hard to tell how big and how close they have to be, because so many of them occur about the same time period as closer, smaller ones. The one in Canada that was closer to us didn't bother him as much as Japan's. He's was feeling pretty good again until last Thurs.

He didn't think it could be earthquake related until he kept track too. Now when his symptoms get especially bad, he says, "Go check the earthquakes"! The day before Japan's 7.1 he had to do a stress test. Thank goodness it wasn't the next day, he never would have passed it! He gets dizzy, achy, short of breath and has ringing in his ears. He said it feels like he has weights on his shoulders, and like he's going to have a seizure.

Is he more sensitive because he has seizures, or vise versa? He has also gotten really bad when someone in the family has had a heart attack, been very ill, and when my brother was killed in a car accident. We've learned to make a note of the time when he's especially bad, so we can tie it in, when we find out what time things in the family happened.

There have been a lot of trips to the ER when he thought he might be having a heart attack. They never could find anything. They probably have "hypochondriac" marked on his chart! All the testing for seizures never showed anything either. When Japan had the 9.0 I thought I was going to have to take him to the hospital again. But when the news flash came on TV we waited a while, and he felt a little better then. How will we know when he really is sick!!!

He said he can't live the rest of his life being an "earthquake barometer"! He's afraid he's going to pass out at work sometime and get hurt! Is it an electromagnetic connection to earthquakes that he's sensing? If we lived closer to quakes would he be even worse? I can't imagine how everyone living in the midst of them must feel! I remember someone saying they felt like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. We can sure relate!!

I think a lot of people who say, " they aren't feeling like themselves", or "don't feel right", may be sensing them and not know it. There are too many people with vague, unexplained health problems lately. There has to be a reason!

So thank you to everyone who posts here. At least we know now we might be on to something, and not have Munchausen's or something!!! In any event, we kept the medical profession well funded!!!

Stay safe everyone, we're there in spirit!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
There have been some changes made by the USGS. The 4.2M has been downgraded. This is because it was not one quake, but two.

Well I may have some astounding news. I am very suspicious at this point of them editing the waveform data on station WHAR, prior to release, right off the seismo. Waveforms don't just change on their own once they go by in GEE. But that one did.

1) The first weirdness came upon receipt of the signal. Both other stations registered the quake, but data was held back for several minutes on WHAR. So my red flags went up. I kept watching, and noting the amplitudes at FCAR.

2) So then, the wave finally comes in at WHAR. And whoa. First problem is the low amplitude. I thought no way that can be right. The middle of the thing looks like it has been gutted out, right at the highest amplitude point. Amplitude at zoom out about 60 microns/sec.

3) So I'm like, "wait a minute, no way." So I stop the GEE timeline, and zoom in. I keep zooming in, like WAY in. And wtf? I reach a peak buried in there of 120 microns/sec. And even then I knew that wasn't right for quakes in that location. After all, I'd been watching this set of AG stations, plus the TA stations for quite some time- and as usual, I pay attention to reported locations and amplitudes.

4) So then I zoom back out on the same wave, and again it says just 60 microns/sec. Huh? wtf. Zoom way in- 120, zoom back out, 60. Did it several times.

5) So then I start the timeline back up, and no sooner I did that I notice the entire waveform itself changes shape from what I previously has seen. I'm like no friggin way. So I stop it again, going whoa, whoa. And now, the waveform is totally different, being separated and reduced into what appears to be two smaller quakes.

Now Mr. Ausbrook, you are playing the wrong fool buddy, and I am going to bust your ass. You better NOT be altering data coming off the seismos, because I think your minions just did. I have at least 15 years hard experience editing waveforms. And another 4 years solid or more running GEE nearly every single day. Don't try that again, or this time I WILL record it all, get screen shots, and file a complaint.
You can run, but you can't hide the truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seems were being told what do in case of a large earthquake now -

arkansasmatters.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just talked to my Mom about an hour and a half ago and were discussing the earthquakes...she thought she felt or heard something yesterday over in Eastern Arkansas near I-40. Wonder what's going on.

I have been feeling rumblings and shakes here on and off all day (Friday.)

???

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Karalyne

That's really some preparation. I bet it is a "dog and pony" show for the upcoming NLE2011.

Felt another quake here at 5:13 pm friday apr 8, 2011, as I am typing this.

Something's brewing and it's not coffee.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
Perhaps this is too 'conspiratorial' for the group on this thread (no I haven't read it all ,just selected parts over the past) but has anyone considered these earthquakes in Arkansas may have more to do than nature or even fracking, with 'eco-terrorism' in the sense they are resulting from applied EM and/or other eco-weapons.

There certainly has been much speculation as regards the quakes being terrorism in places like Haiti, even people like Chavez (yes I know some will write him off immediately) and some other leaders and scientists have speculated as much, and in Indonesia where Shell was having trouble with the 'natives' and now in places like Japan who apparently wanted the military to leave and wouldn't allow outside financial predators into the largest bank in the world there.

I was discussing too the bird kills on another thread here and someone pointed out when they ran military based radar they personally killed birds in the sky, it made me think of the animal/bird/bee/fish/kills being more commonly reported and their apparent vulerability to EM/microwave technology.

I posted this acouple of pages back and it seems it was ignored, either because people think it's not likely or perhaps they are just to busy talking to each other to notice. Anyway how about an answer? If you think it's to absurd just say so. However all of the symtoms people are describing here very closely mimic EM type weapons and other devices, as many of you may know these types of things are often used to locate minerals and oil and possibly gas reserves as well. Maybe someone is trying to run you off of your land to take control of a vast gas field, I dunno, they could EASILY set off gas pockets with these EM devices, cause earthquakes etc. The symptoms of the birds is a trademark of this use of manmade EM etc. something to think about, how about giving me your thoughts pro or con either way?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was away from the computer for a few hours -
I return to find there have been numerous
quakes. Is this a prelude to something bigger -
I suppose only time will tell. I am hoping for
peace and quiet in this area. Stay safe
Arkansas friends!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Didn`t mean to ignore you,really!
I suppose anything at this point is possible, maybe even a combination of factors. I personally don`t know enough about the science of the subject to offer an informed opinion. All I can do is report on what I`m feeling at this location. And that is ears ringing almost constantly since late January, "seasickness" every day even though I`ve never had any kind of motion sickness in my life, migraines that won`t respond to normal meds, dogs that stare at the ground and growl and bark, and an unusual decrease in the number of birds in the area. Maybe the birds are smarter than I am at this point.
I must admit I have had a lifelong fear of earthquakes, and I never expected to feel any of this here. If I had wanted this, I`d have moved to California.
I hope that whatever is the causal factor (or factors), decides we here have had enough and just moves along to somewhere else (or nowhere--- I wouldn`t wish this on anyone,even any of my ex-husbands !)

edit on 8-4-2011 by dragonlover12 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

How can I save the screen shots in GEE. I'll help document it. I have thought that before myself but didn't check the readings just noticed it looked different and thought it was GEE being glitchy.

I went to Texarkana today (on I-30) and my ears stopped ringing when I got west of Benton, Ar. Actually enjoyed that for a while and wasn't nauseated. On the way home I had a sudden headache hit about 15 miles past Hope exits, then the ears started ringing again and have gotten worse since I have been home. There were a bunch of sand and fracking fluid trucks everywhere, so they are working on the central/southwest part of the state too.

I think a new well is going in on the west side of Vilonia, on the south of Hwy 64 but it does not look that far off the road maybe a mile, they were hauling rock in and out this morning and this afternoon on my way back thru. I didn't investigate it today but may this weekend. Everywhere you look there are water, fracking, gravel and sand trucks and equipment going in all directions. They are literally bombarding everything up here as quick as they can. I also heard that there were actually 8 injection wells in operation when they closed two of them, not the 7, have not checked on that one yet. They know something is about to happen I have no doubt. It has been rumbling here since I've been home, the plumb bob has movement most of the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Thanks for responding, not trying to derail this thread, but hopefully plant a seed to at least get people to look deeper outside the box and question further. While all of the symptoms you describe could be caused by a number of things, one of those things is the use of EM weapons/devices used for among other things locating minerals, oil, and I assume nat. gas as well as some other far more nefarious uses.

As I described back a ways the bird dieoffs too, especially dropping from the sky have been reported by someone here (who used military radar) as being an effect of radar/micorwave/EM use. I assume you must be in Arkansas, I am a bit north in Mid-Missouri, I found it strange that other threads (on other sites) some dealing with southern MO have all been describing the 'unusual' action of birds/animals and these weren't even ones dealing with earthquakes. As you probably know birds are said to be very sensitive to magnetic fields as are possibly other animals.

I don't doubt fracking could play a part in earthquakes as disturbing the earth seems logical, but it of course doesn't explain as far as I know the earthquakes in Japan or so many other parts of the world. There are some good threads right here on ATS that deal with HAARP-like (yes I know it gets blamed for 'everything') EM type technology, when I hear too these same physical symptoms as you describe over and over and over in so many places not even close to you, I have to doubt whether they are simply limited to your area.

I work in the sciences but I believe our 'intuition' part of our nature can be just as effective (or sometimes more so) to finding answers especially when coupled with the logical mind. It is my firm *suspicion* (at this point) that EM type technology is being used worldwide in ways many don't understand (and some can't even conceive of it) and at the LEAST aggravating so many of the things both geological and physical from a human health standpoint that we are all seeing and many feeling. Something to investigate further and to be aware of potentially IMHO.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Tecumte because: wording

edit on 8-4-2011 by Tecumte because: wording

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I have no knowledge on this matter to comment either. I am open minded and ready to listen to any and most theories and I think this list feels the same way. We all want the truth and for the quakes to stop.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Movement tonight, filming more now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Movement tonight, filming more now.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join