It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
another small one just rolled thru

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We just had a little shake and rumble here.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It looked about 3.4M. If that helps any.

There is only one thing I am certain of about these earthquakes. It's that it is caused by fluids. The earthquakes come in clusters. There was a five day pause. This was as a result of the fluid being restricted in someway, or the flow was increased by heavy rains. Obstructions can be produced as the waterflow erodes the soils and plugs the aquifer's flow rate. When the water builds enough pressure, it blasts it's way through a wall and flows out into another channel. This is what happens at Yellowstone. Remote triggering has been know to happen at Yellowstone. An Alaskan earthquake caused a serious of earthquakes at Yellowstone. It also changed the geysers. This happens when the waves from distant earthquakes causes subtle changes when the vibrations break free rocks which then plug up normal water passageways. This then forces the geyers to reroute.

That's what is happening here and why it is doing the same thing that happens in a Yellowstone swarm. I don't think it's volcanic. But the key is that it is caused by fluids. Water. And you also have gas migrating throughout the watertable. This will lead to gas pockets which can burst and flow out into the water table.

The Arkansas swarm. And the other swarms in Enola are reshifting the stress on nearby faults. The Marrianna area fault is close enough to be affected and there could be stresses building there. This fault is very near the New Madrid Zone and the fault under Memphis.

Sorry. It's just that this is the only logical conclusion to be made.

Wow. They're on the ball tonight. I just checked and it's already up. I was right this time and it's 3.4M.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

edit on 7-4-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Something else that I have noticed well actually 2 things today. I have seen this before now, but a quake in Japan and a quake here, a quake in Japan and a quake here. Now today it's seems to be ping ponging back and forth as well, but not only hitting here in Arkansas but in Mexico, CA, Hawaii and Alaska. Does that make any sense? There have been several good sized quakes today too and Japan has mainstream media focused along with the government shutdown looming.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow, I'd hate to be a seismologist at AG network right now. There's not even enough time to go to the bathroom. Micro swarm registering on WHAR and FCAR. Pretty much one after the other, small insistent quakes. Complete with double tap signatures, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just went outside to have a smoke. Yes, I know it's bad for me. I was looking up into the sky and wondering. Wondering why the hell I was so intent on telling this story. I wondered, why the hell aren't I finishing my novel. Why the hell aren't I focused on how to fix my own mess of a life? I was wondering about alot of things?

Because this story is of the utmost importantance. Unlike the mysteries in my human story. This situation is strictly physics. It's scientfic and has a logical, measurable reason. When I was staring toward heaven, I saw what was happening deep under the ground. I am right. The fluid is migrating and the clusters are from restricted waterflows. This means the ground beneath those of you that live in Arkansas, is being blasted apart into smaller and smaller pieces. The main fault was caused when the earth was split by the pressure of water forced under the unstable layers of porous rock. Before the quakes were driven by the pressure of the injection pumps. Now a rainstorm and the flow is destablizing the rock. It's like like erosion. And if you remember that Lake Penergeir, I spelled that wrong I suppose, as you have more water flow, this increases the rate of erosion, which opens the passageway more, which in turn allows more water flow. You get the idea. It becomes a cascade.

I can't say that a total destablizing event will set off a chain reaction of earthquakes in the very near future. But I can say that it's inevitable because it's a process. The process is already underway. It's happening now. The disaster is unfolding. Sometimes these processes take years. Maybe not. The only certain thing is that the ground is falling to pieces.

There's one big difference between Arkansas and Yellowstone. It's the type of rock. Yellowstone's rock is volcanic and glassy. It's not that easy to erode. That's why the swarmearthquakes and the geyers don't react too drastically. If they did, there would be an eruption. But Arkansas is all sandstone and limestone, and shale, these are not resistant to water.

That's the story.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes and you hear most of them even if it's faintly and feel a few of the smaller ones too.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin you make a lot of sense and I happen to agree with you that it is water related. I still want to know if there is magma under us and how deep it is. LOL!!!! If they can possibly trigger a mud volcano or sinkhole situation, it could turn into something far worse. My ears are ringing horribly again, very high pitched at times, they had gotten better for a few days which was nice. I am too anxious to try to sleep but need to as I didn't sleep last night either. I would not be surprised if we had another 4.0 or larger tonight, but hopefully not and it will settle down.Keeping my fingers crossed anyway. LOL!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time Friday, April 08, 2011 at 10:12:53 UTC
Friday, April 08, 2011 at 05:12:53 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.252°N, 92.391°W
Depth 5.2 km (3.2 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 3 km (2 miles) N (356°) from Greenbrier, AR
8 km (5 miles) NE (45°) from Wooster, AR
8 km (5 miles) SSE (157°) from Twin Groves, AR
58 km (36 miles) N (355°) from Little Rock, AR
421 km (262 miles) SSW (208°) from St. Louis, MO

I see you just had another wobble. Sorry to see it's starting up again. Hope you are all OK.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Scott Ausbrooks said this morning on Channel 4 news that we could experience a 5.7 to 6 pt earthquake. I think he knows it's coming. I didn't hear the whole interview so I am not sure what else was said in it, I only caught the end of it. I don't have time to find and post the video, leaving shortly and will be away for a little bit. Would someone please look for it and post the news clip. We have had 5 more so far for today. earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, here is the link to the Ausbrooks interview: arkansasmatters.com...

I don't know how to embed or I would.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I apologize..that is actually from Thursday...let me keep looking. He doesn't say much in that interview..just that the 3.4 and 2.9's were probably foreshocks to the 4.0

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is the interview from this morning. Be safe everyone and have a great day. Will be back later this afternoon.

arkansasmatters.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a big one just hit

edit: followed by a smaller one
edit on 8-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
9:57 am.. felt like somebody drove their car into my house.. 9:58.. another strong one..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

Exactly! Way bigger than the 3.9

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
this one lasted long enough I almost ran out the door this time.. first time I've felt like that..

link   
Perhaps this is too 'conspiratorial' for the group on this thread (no I haven't read it all ,just selected parts over the past) but has anyone considered these earthquakes in Arkansas may have more to do than nature or even fracking, with 'eco-terrorism' in the sense they are resulting from applied EM and/or other eco-weapons.

There certainly has been much speculation as regards the quakes being terrorism in places like Haiti, even people like Chavez (yes I know some will write him off immediately) and some other leaders and scientists have speculated as much, and in Indonesia where Shell was having trouble with the 'natives' and now in places like Japan who apparently wanted the military to leave and wouldn't allow outside financial predators into the largest bank in the world there.

I was discussing too the bird kills on another thread here and someone pointed out when they ran military based radar they personally killed birds in the sky, it made me think of the animal/bird/bee/fish/kills being more commonly reported and their apparent vulerability to EM/microwave technology.

link   
Isn't your government "shutting down" today??

makes you wonder huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join