It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Bull bull bull

Read this.

Concludes, there is no proof. Not true.

Injection causes earthquakes and a proven causal link.

AAAARHFHHJFJ

Read thread.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If someone wants to correct this reporter and her report please do. I'm going go lay down.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I try to keep telling everyone that things are not right. We have a huge yard and a small bit of forest, but all the animals have been gone since Oct 2010, I usually have to refill the bird feeders every 3 days. I haven't filled them now since October. My yard is covered in acorns, the squirrels didn't even store nuts away for the winter. And by Dec. 1 all the acorns are ususlly gone because the deer eats what the squirrels don't. I live south of Little Rock, and we don't feel the quakes, but the animals know something is wrong here. We have an underground creek and I wonder if that is why, because underground water goes for miles and miles. We have had terrible headaches and never had them before. Trouble sleeping. etc. What light can you shed on this. Myself and neighbors are moving out, I plan to go to Hot Springs and now they are saying it might blow.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is an excellent tooll for mapping earthquakes in that region over a period of time. Looks to me that the acitivity is not all that unusual when taking into account 5 plus years.

Take a look:

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

edit on 17-2-2011 by Al E. Inn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2011 by Al E. Inn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

I live south of Little Rock, and we don't feel the quakes, but the animals know something is wrong here. We have an underground creek and I wonder if that is why, because underground water goes for miles and miles. We have had terrible headaches and never had them before.

Mm. You know of ALL the posts on this thread yours has touched me the most. I have absolutely no idea how you must be feeling never having experienced an earthquake or lived in an earthquake zone.

One thing I do know however is that if the animals and birds have gone then like you I would be thinking something is seriously amiss.

It is particularly significant I think that you say this is since Oct 2010 as that is when this all began in earnest. Anything before that was just playing at it. You may not feel the quakes but animals are much more sensitive than us. Vibrations can also be transmitted through water as you are obviously aware.

It is not for me to say what you should do but if it was me I think I would be moving out of the area at least temporarily if possible. I believe the animals and the birds more than I would believe the geologists and the seismos and that is not something you will have seen me say on ATS before.

All I can say is I hope most sincerely that your God keeps you safe, and all the people in the area.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Well if you think fracking has nothing to do with it. You need to look at this.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Wow Puterman! Your reply above was very well written, and heart-felt. And I agree, that post did strike me as well.

Star!
edit on 17-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

You may want to have your water tested if you are feeling ill, having headaches or tasting metal. The folks in PA where they are also Fracking had there water coming out of there faucets in flames. Then come to find out, one of the injection materials is DIESEL FUEL.

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

The headaches and metallic taste in the mouth are classic symptoms of chemical poisoning, mercury for one example. And the missing animals... did the animals go missing around the same time your symptoms started? And are others in your area complaining of these symptoms as well?

Perhaps the stream you mentioned under your property is contaminated in some way.

or the unrest on the geography is releasing harmful gasses, compounds into the air.

I would be curious to see test results from your soil, water table, air, etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I think it is reasonable to suggest that fracking has everything to do with this phenomenon. Does anyone have the coordinates of injection wells in this area? It might be useful to see whether and how the earthquakes are clustering about the well sites. Apparently Scott Ausbrooks has already done this, but I haven't seen his report become publicly available.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just had another good shake here in Greenbrier

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yup.. GEE is showing a good one. Probably 3.5-3.7

And a second small one right after it...around a 2.0

Edit to Add: The Iris webi doesn't look at impressive, but maybe it has to do with the location of the seismos?

edit on 17-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by westcoast because: update

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

2.8 max betcha.

On seconds thoughts you may be right!

It is not showing yet.

No I am sticking with 2.8

edit on 17/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Hi Kathy, Is there any specific reason why you used the numbers 427? and Have you observed and strange weather anomalies along with the tremors ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Star for you! I'd give you more if I could. Some government agencies like to "downplay" the facts to avoid public panic, but in the New Madrid case I'll echo my previous post to this thread- the offshore oil rigs in the Gulf's north coast, which could be helping to make a bigger mess of the New Madrid region. Here's another good example: the triple caldera at Yellowstone is one of the most volatile spots on the planet, but to read the website for this national park, no one would know it. The floor of Yellowstone Lake has not only risen several feet, but the water in it is now too hot for anything to live in it- in other words, the lake is dead. No fish, no otters, no beavers- nothing. Half of the trails are now closed to the public because the temperature of the walkways is now hot enough to melt the rubber soles of people's shoes! A friend of mine in Kentucky has a daughter graduating college this spring, & I've been trying to no avail to get her to tell her daughter not to go there for her graduation trip.

Thanks for apprising us all about your ten years of work in the New Madrid region, Red Cloak. Please tell us more.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Apparently fracking could be reason for the Earthquakes ..

www.huffingtonpost.com... m-arkansas_n_824497.html

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectral Norm

Answered my own question. For any other interested parties, the information can be found on the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission website, here. You need java for this.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You are probably right...I was looking at the BHN channel....but I am surprised it doesnt look bigger HERE
and that it hasn't made the USGS list yet. Are they getting really far behind or what???

Ahhhh...here you go: 2.7 hasn't been reviewed yet

Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 22:06:45 UTC
Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 04:06:45 PM at epicenter

Location 35.265°N, 92.365°W
Depth 6 km (3.7 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 4 km (3 miles) NNE (29°) from Greenbrier, AR
7 km (4 miles) SSW (203°) from Guy, AR
8 km (5 miles) SE (137°) from Twin Groves, AR
59 km (37 miles) N (357°) from Little Rock, AR
419 km (260 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters NST= 15, Nph= 21, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.17 sec, Gp= 76°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID nm021711u

Edit to add: in looking closer at the signal on GEE...there was a wierd single spike right at the start of the quake that increased the signal....I dunno.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join