It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Hi, Numbers 427 represent my birthday, 4-27. I haven't noticed any strange weather although a week ago it was very cold (single digits) following a heavy snowfall and 2 days later, in the 70s.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

You say you are a scientist with scientist friends? Yellowstone Lake is not hot.

Water data

It is FROZEN.

edit on 17/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

My birthday is also 4/27. have you noticed anything strange about the number 27? also, how normal are earthquakes in your area? how common is "fracking" to you?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Originally posted by kennylee
reply to post by Robin Marks

Do you have a link to this geologist and what he said. I believe you of course, I just wanted to read the article.

If this geologist admits that fracking could be causing the earthquakes, then why the hell isn't someone shutting them down? There are hundreds of thousands of lives at stake here, including myself and everyone I know and love. How does our government just sit by and let them play with so many lives? Who am I kidding, like our government really gives a rats arse...Unbelievable..

ETA: Sorry Robin, I missed your link that is clearly there...
edit on 17-2-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

Oh the link wasn't there, I'm always forgetting to add them. It was a mindtrick.

The geologists can't point to fracking because it has not yet, and I stress, yet, been proven to cause earthquakes. On the other hand Scott Ausbrook, i think i got that wrong, said that they had to look a the deep well injection disposal. That's proven to cause quakes. Incredible isn't it. The must know they are causing quakes and they do not feel as if they're will be any negative consequences. It's criminal.

Do like in Eygpt. Use people power. I'm trying desperately to spread the word and not the danger and tell you what's coming so you all can make choices. You can listen to the USGS all you want. Free country.

But you have the right to listen to me if you think I'm being honest, serious, logical, educated, sourced and credible. If I meet these criteria. Then you can always choose to believe the alternative and then express that viewpoint and make it be known. To everyone. Be political. Be aware. Be pissed off. Stop taking it.

I don't care crap from anyone. And thats why I do not function is the establishment. I disagree completley. And I will not be part of a corrupt system. You must stand and fight. It's never been any other way. Fight for your rights and help stop these mobsters. They bribed and recruited people to access the laws and then crafted them to their liking and avoid good laws brought in by Nixon and Reagan. Yes the conservatives brought in the clean air and clean water bill and then after the were hijacked by oil and the neocons, they turned their back on thier own ideals.

Oops. Damn. I was focused and then I lost it. I didn't want to get political. But you must.

I need to focus on squiggly lines, doing some digging in history, and bring useful links here. If some is requesting information, I am so glad others are filling in and providing it quickly. I don't even have to fight my own battles here. That's refreshing.

I will keep thanking you for the serious tone and sincere thoughts that are expressed here. I understand many of you live in the area and this now makes it personal. I realize there are people affected by what I see on the squiggly line machine. I understand your anxieties.

Action. That's usually the answer.

And someone said something about Texas have earthquakes where they had just started drilling. Info on that would be great.

I think this might be the article you referenced. very interestin I have to say.

I don't known if I've ever seen a more apropos example of "nothing exists in a vacuum." the interrelations you've laid bare for all to see are all too apparent to me. To think that fracking has no effect on a system to which it is applied is to think you can dip your hand in water and not have it get wet.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What in the world is this? I just captured it off GEE

(far right)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Signal interference I think.

You see it on the LISS recorders all the time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Okay, thanks. So long as no one reports any giant 'sand holes' forming in the vicinity.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hate to break up the party here....

But

I can't imagine the fear the people that live in this region must be feeling when they read your posts. People have families and jobs and homes and lives.

I'm getting that you are well studied and versed in this area, so I'm really not disagreeing with you here. I know nothing of these matters.

But I do know what having a family means. And before you urge people to pack up the Uhaul and hit the road... I just want to ask..

On a scale of 10-----how sure are you about this---- 10 being the most certain?

And are you able to provide any of these fearful people with some sort of a time line for this disaster?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
edit on 17-2-2011 by MRuss because: added two words

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They are talking about quakes on the radio link I provided earlier. I'll provide it again.

link

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Good answer! I was going to college in San Francisco when Loma Prieta hit- I described it in Coolottie's thread. In the Loma Prieta quake, hundreds of little quakes- the kind that people usually can't feel- about 1 or 2 on the Richter scale- occurred in the month preceding that quake; they didn't "relieve" anything- THEY LED UP TO THE BIG ONE. Now, this doesn't happen in every circumstance; plenty of quakes strike with little or no warning. Quakes have been known to do many things- wake up volcanos as well as form brand new ones, change the course of rivers; even create valleys, inlets to the sea, or start new mountain ranges (usually over millions of years- but not always). There is no humanly possible way to prevent earthquakes or relieve the seismic pressures that cause them- that's for the birds! Some posters have been noticing strange smells. If any of them are like sulfur (like a really bad fart- I'm not trying to be funny!)- stay away from those bad, smelly areas; they might be coming from fissures opening up underground.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ok,...they're not talking about anything now. It was just a snatch of a conversation on the amateur radio repeater.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I am by no means a geologist nor is this my thread, but being someone that lives in the Pacific Northwest and is constantly on the alert for signs of the 'big one', I can tell you that if it were me....I would plan a long weekend and go on a little trip somewhere. If this doesn't pan out, than great nothing lost. If it does turn into something bigger...well, I think it worth the effort.

That is just me personally, and I have NEVER recommended this to anyone on this thread before, myself included. (even with all my awareness threads) It just feels that something serious is brewing and the science is really starting to point in the same direction as all the speculation. A scary thing.

Oh...edit to add: I would give this a 7. If it intensifies today than bump that up to a 7.5 or 8

This means that I would take the weekend trip (not in a panic at all..just cautious), but not throw all my most precious belongings in the car and run as fast as I could. That would be a ten.

edit on 17-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Cool, we share a birthday
I have lived here only 2 years but I'm pretty sure the frequency of earthquakes over the past few months would be considered abnormal.
To be honest, I know of the natural gas drilling in our state - the evidence is EVERYWHERE - but I really didn't understand the "fracking" process until just recently. It's scary to think about the damage they are doing, aside from the possibility that this process is causing earthquakes, the possibility of ruining/polluting our beautiful streams and lakes is frightening. Those evaporative ponds are everywhere in the countryside and I really don't think it's possible that there isn't some toxins seeping into our water supply...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by coolottie

You may want to have your water tested if you are feeling ill, having headaches or tasting metal. The folks in PA where they are also Fracking had there water coming out of there faucets in flames. Then come to find out, one of the injection materials is DIESEL FUEL.

Source

annmarie- Not to down your post, this is very important subject matter and everyone needs to get as much info as they can on and into it.
But... I have witnessed gas burning off at kitchen faucets at properties located in the Marcellus Shale Formation boundaries, in the 1970's. This was long before any fracking had been done. So it did exist already.
You are right though, the problem is widespread now that they are fracking. The drilling companies are trucking water to any residents who have problems with their water- for free. That is how lucrative the business is.
I sat through a non-public meeting with the monopoly natural gas supplier in Pennsylvania last week. They were extremely excited about the Marcellus Shale and the ever-increasing estimates of how much gas is there. They will be paying much lower transmission costs.

The question is ... How much will it cost everyone in the end?
I still don't know what is in that crap that they are injecting... They don't have to tell anyone! The state govt is not helping, their palms have been well-greased by the drilling companies and gas producers.
PA has fault lines. Are we next in line for shaky ground?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am by no means a scientist. There is alot of fracking here in Pa. Particularly North of me in Bradford county and out near Erie and Potter. I haven't heard of any quakes associated with fracking here. I never looked at any fault zones for Pa. but assume they are minimum. I remember one minor quake a few years ago here. I'm near Allentown area. Hope my input helps with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just felt an abnormal amount of electricity in Florida during that influx... Is the fault zone taking a deep breath?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi
reply to post by UtahRosebud

There is no humanly possible way to prevent earthquakes or relieve the seismic pressures that cause them- that's for the birds!

You are wrong. Times are changing. Read this

Earthquake stress can be relieved but it is new technology. You are supposed to be a scientist, and you are giving the impression you are a geologist, Perhaps you should keep up with things that are happening.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So it looks like there are 560 active SWD injection wells in Arkansas, of which 6 are located in Faulkner County. Locations:

35.273609 -92.313739;
35.220700 -92.267700;
35.264510 -92.411317;
35.339931 -92.230908;
35.329638 -92.453565;
35.322269 -92.299856

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by heliophysical1

That is what I was thinking, if this stream coming from way below ground is also discharging gas as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have been following the "earthquakes" in Arkansas for many months now. There have been hundreds and hundreds of them. Very small on the richter scale and very shallow.

Reminds me more of large blasting going on.

For the longest time they have been centered around Guy, Arkansas, which is just north of Greenbrier, Arkansas. Now they seem to have moved to Greenbrier, Arkansas.

Here is another Greenbrier.

www.atomictourist.com...

Wonder if they are related some how?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......................

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join