It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The earth wobbles on its poles about 70 miles from true north .Also the airports are changing their runway designations due to polar shift . The Bible tells of some verystrange things that will be happening during the Great Tribulation . All signs are that we are at the threshold of that time according to what was written 2500 years ago . It's hard to pick that apart .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've smoked twice as many cigarettes tonight as usual and I have a crick in my neck. Thanks.

Cool thread and fascinating topic. Lotsa strange stuff in the heavens lately. I'm experiencing an oddity in the last few months as well: The stars seem SO close some nights...as if they are only a few thousand feet in the air.

That's new to me in 40+ years. I've been mostly leaning towards the theory that my eyesight ain't what it used to be and that affects my depth perception. I'm keeping an open mind however because it's pretty impressive for an 'optical illusion.'

I also remember an account I've heard in the last few months--not sure if it was here or not--of someone relating a 'star shift' experience that was a lot like yours. It made an impression because the person came across much like you--they had seen something and were just looking for answers.

I've searched but can't find it so far, but I'll give it another go if I can come up with some new search terms.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
OK, so I clicked on this thread, read it to my wife, and we both dismissed it as nonsense. Then while checking some other stuff online my wife went outside on the porch to talk to her sister on the phone and comes back in excited, telling me the stars are moving. I thought she was pulling my leg, but I lit a cigarette( and no, nothing in it but tobacco.) went outside, and at first I told her that the clouds were moving and were fooling her eyes. She pointed at one and told me to watch it, so I did. IT MOVED. Ever so slowly but it was definately moving east to west across the sky. Then I noticed another star close to the moon with a kinda reddish tint to it, and it WAS MOVING TOO! In almost the same direction as the first. Another thing, just after I realized they were moving we noticed a plane, flying very very fast moving along in the same direction as the lights/stars were. The plane was REALLY moving fast but I could hear no engines, and it was leaving a pretty good contrail. But it struck me as a jet, not a passenger plane. This was just 5 mins ago, if anybody else is in central Louisiana please go outside and stargaze for a minute to maybe confirm/deny this, its really really wierd

lol.. This made me laugh, thanks.
"Dismissed it as nonsense" Glad something amazing came out it it, at any rate

Originally posted by The GUT
I've smoked twice as many cigarettes tonight as usual and I have a crick in my neck. Thanks.

Cool thread and fascinating topic. Lotsa strange stuff in the heavens lately. I'm experiencing an oddity in the last few months as well: The stars seem SO close some nights...as if they are only a few thousand feet in the air.

That's new to me in 40+ years. I've been mostly leaning towards the theory that my eyesight ain't what it used to be and that affects my depth perception. I'm keeping an open mind however because it's pretty impressive for an 'optical illusion.'

I also remember an account I've heard in the last few months--not sure if it was here or not--of someone relating a 'star shift' experience that was a lot like yours. It made an impression because the person came across much like you--they had seen something and were just looking for answers.

I've searched but can't find it so far, but I'll give it another go if I can come up with some new search terms.

Hah, glad people are taking notice! I just woke up myself.. long, weird day.. full of reflection. I'm going to out to have a peek at the stars.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I've only further alienated myself from my friends by relating this experience to them. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
very intersting.
my mother who is wiccan and watches the moonreligiously was complaining about something to do with the moon just recently.

i ignored her as,, usually its just hippy crap (:

might have to chat now.
thankyou OP, for sharing a tale that really, can only get you insults. you risked it, and to our credit very few idiots bagged you.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
very intersting.
my mother who is wiccan and watches the moonreligiously was complaining about something to do with the moon just recently.

i ignored her as,, usually its just hippy crap (:

might have to chat now.
thankyou OP, for sharing a tale that really, can only get you insults. you risked it, and to our credit very few idiots bagged you.

Hahaha, well I was willing to defend what I saw. I am typically able to hold my ground when someone is breakin my nuts, though I am glad I was well received. Seems there is more than a few "moon'"-atics around than perhaps there once was.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
there seems to be a lot of funky business with the our magnetosphere.

this may be due to the CME the other day?

www2.nict.go.jp...

Cripes! Go look at it now... it's worse than when you posted this. I don't pretend to understand all of the data; I do look at it a lot, and this looks pretty messy. Hang in there, Mama Earth... you're doing great... ride out this storm!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

"WTF! So she comes out, not entirely sure what I'm on about and it takes her a few moments to gain perspective on everything, but she agrees! The whole sky was moving."

That (sky moving) happened to me once after a college party when I had too much to drink!
What was in your coffee??

Just the truth, good sir, two tablespoons of truth.. heh.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Please bear with this odd question. The light we see from stars is older (eg. not real time) as the light has to travel so far for us to see...so we are seeing (for example) light that may be a year old. If a star moved a great distance a year ago (for example), and someone was watching now, I guess it would appear that it moved some distance across the sky. Is this correct??

If so...what would be our perception today, if a year ago (following the example) the earth moved (or the poles shifted) a year ago? Would it appear as if the stars moved?

So then to finish out this thought...if such a move occurred a thousand years ago (the earth or the poles shifting), would our perception while viewing this 1000-light-year away object's light today look like the object moved across the sky?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Excellent point !!

When we look at the stars, we look into the past...

You might be onto something here...will wait for other replies on this !

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hi P.M.D.,

Respectfully, maybe it's all in our head

edit on 14-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: I need more practice driving my body.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When you have low and fast moving cloud formations at night against a starry sky, it can look like all the stars in the sky are moving.. once you understand this and are in the same situation, do a double take, and you will see that the stars are stationary as they should be, but there are some really fast moving clouds

I fell for that trick when I was little one day.. almost crapped a fireplace, woke up my grandpa and showed him, but he pointed out that it was just the clouds moving fast.. he was right, and I was disappointed

Please do tell if it was actually a completely clear night. That would be interesting.

edit on 14-2-2011 by free_form because: typo

edit on 14-2-2011 by free_form because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

The stars would appear to move across the sky, but they would do so at the time the pole shift occurred.
First of all, if it worked that way... the stars are different distances away, so some would shift within a few years while the rest would shift at varying times over the following billions of years.
Second, it doesn't really matter, because it doesn't work that way. The light we see is already here, so any change that happens here is seen immediately in that light (it doesn't matter how long it took that light to reach us). If the earth tilted relative to the stars, the stars would immediately appear to move.
edit on 14-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_form
When you have low and fast moving cloud formations at night against a starry sky, it can look like all the stars in the sky are moving.. once you understand this and are in the same situation, do a double take, and you will see that the stars are stationary as they should be, but there are some really fast moving clouds

I fell for that trick when I was little one day.. almost crapped a fireplace, woke up my grandpa and showed him, but he pointed out that it was just the clouds moving fast.. he was right, and I was disappointed

Please do tell if it was actually a completely clear night. That would be interesting.

edit on 14-2-2011 by free_form because: typo

edit on 14-2-2011 by free_form because: (no reason given)

There were very low hanging clouds, which I stated earlier; as I also stated, I held my focus and gaze is such a way as to detect whether or not it was a trick of perspective, or autokenisis - I am positive of what I observed/.

edit on 14-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Hi P.M.D.,

Respectfully, maybe it's all in our head

edit on 14-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: I need more practice driving my body.

Yea yea, that's where my mind is at these days, anyway. Well aware of the theory.. all I do is read and reflect on reality, man.. so this is a fairly monumental moment for me.. where reality was laid bare and I looked at the goods, so to speak. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe cause it is late here, I was having a time trying to wrap my head around it from the other direction (eg. Earth moves, what happens...visually with the star's light).

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have no idea what you saw, but i know for sure that it wasnt a pole shift.
A pole shift wont affect axial tilt/orientation to stars at all and will only affect the magnetic north and south pole which is btw not currently located in the geographical north/south pole.

How fast did these stars seem to move anyways?? If what you claim you saw really happened then it sounds like whole axis of earth just shifted, which i think is highly unlikely as it would have been visible all over the world.
If you observe stars/planets near a stationary object on ground/horizon it will be normal to see stars move slowly even without the use of a telescope.

Either way i guess i will see after sunrise if you are correct, as such a shift would even change the timing of sunrise/sunset and altitude of sun.
edit on 14-2-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That's your last date with her!! Those are "inside" thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join