It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Since your seeing light not actual objects it sounds like a wave that light travels on in space. goes to the light house effect and being on an ocean wave going up and down in a wave, There is a term for it. forget what it's called NASA might revel it in a few days shock waves from stars imploding

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Now this is going to be off the wall but what if the stars were not actually stars but they were all ufo's,crazy huh?well if I was to say this I guess this website would be the place!I don't really believe this but it sounds as crazy as seeing a pole shift!....anyway I'm like you I sit outside (to smoke)and look at the day and night sky all the time unfortunately I have a lot of trees in my yard so I don't get the best view,one of my things to do before I die is to go out in a boat in the middle of the ocean just to look at the stars like never before..sounds great doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Now this is going to be off the wall but what if the stars were not actually stars but they were all ufo's,crazy huh?well if I was to say this I guess this website would be the place!I don't really believe this but it sounds as crazy as seeing a pole shift!....anyway I'm like you I sit outside (to smoke)and look at the day and night sky all the time unfortunately I have a lot of trees in my yard so I don't get the best view,one of my things to do before I die is to go out in a boat in the middle of the ocean just to look at the stars like never before..sounds great doesn't it?

Give'r man, don't wait for might not be there tomorrow. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I saw something similar last Saturday... Mind you I had partaked in several lagers!
What I find confussing about all these posts about poles shifting is that some say its the magnetic poles while some say its the magnetic poles....
By the evidence I've read so far I'm not convinced that either are moving in the manner that some sensationalistic posts are trying to make us believe....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but I had a similar experience this last Friday. I went out on our deck to have a cigarette, was looking at the moon when it felt like all the stars shifted, but the moon remained in the same place. There were clouds moving and that is what I told myself I was witnessing. I had to look away because I felt vertigo kick in. My teeth started to chatter as if from the cold, but I know it was from my uneasiness. Sorry, I wasn't on drugs, and one glass of wine would not cause this illusion. This post caught my eye, and I was just wondering if this could be a shared premonition of things to come. Please go easy on me!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Reply to RANDOMguess

Maybe the Matrix is true and all this is just a computer program and what you have witnessed was exactly that a glitch in the program that they maybe are changing or updating.
I read an article a while back but can't remember exactly where or who wrote it but it described in detail about how the matrix works and how it's very plausible
well just a thought and i have no clue to what is the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I still say something is up...The moon has turned some how or another. The cresent is not on the sides any longer, they are from top to bottom and also, the man in the moon, people have seen for years ans years is turned and is not present any longer....You know, the whole sky could be a planetarium..... it wouldn't surprise me.....

P/S... I have lived in this house for 5 yrs. I have never had ANY shade on my house till this year...The sun is hitting on some trees it has never hit on before and causing shade on my house...Something is/has moved and may still be doing it...No one would tell us......
edit on 14-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was outside several times during the night to smoke. I am often up most of the night... Long story... Me and sleep don't always mix. Anyway, when I am out there I always just look up at the stars... Never know what you might see.

I did not see anything like what you described, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
hi i have been watching the sky for many years, but since nov 2010 i have noticed every night that the shadow of the moon rotates to the right by nearly 90 degrees as do the constellations. focus on the moons line of shadow and say the three stars of orions belt as soon as it gets dark and i promise you they will rotate to the right by about 90 degrees. Then watch a time lapse video of a half moon, or timelapse video of orions belt on youtube from earlier periods and you will see this should not be able to happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So this may seem far out to some people but follow along.
Most of you Im sure have heard about the massive "Dark energy" object in our galaxy that is acting as a telescope lens allowing astronomers to see farther than possible ever before. This works because it has a massive magnetic field that warps light and affects the way it travels.
Is it not feasible to believe that perhaps one of the strong sun rays or various other things going on in our galaxy right now could have affected our magnetic field and altering the way light is traveling to Earth, thus resulting in the event the OP has presented?

If not this than there are many other possible explanations.
Your first post to reply should not be "are you on drugs?", but perhaps something with a bit more intellect put into it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Suggested test.
I have, on my smartphone, a great app for all you stargazers. I'm sure I can't name it here, but there are only a few out there. The one i have is remarkably accurate, and i believe it updates ever min or so. However, i have also noticed that in the past day or 2, everything seems to be off a little. As a matter of fact, i just went outside immediately prior to typing this message to test. The sun is higher above the horizon (setting in the west) than shown. Also, the moon is higher in the sky (coming out of the east), and seems to be off by about 10-15 degrees. Therefore, these two bodies are significantly closer than indicated by my app. I know this my seem like a blind stab at supporting evidence, but as i said, this app has proven great accuracy in the past. For example, i can sit and watch the moon as it passes by stars, or watch the sunset simultaneously (sunset tolerance is low since the geography to my west is almost completely flat).

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I smoke tobacco(not weed). and have 2 young children ,so i smoke outside. Like you and many others i stare at the stars waiting,hopeing that something will happen. I have a 12" Meade telescope and use it quite often.I have spent hundreds of hours stairing up at those little points of light for years. I have never seen any rapid movement of any star. Also, if a shift is the reversal of the magnetic poles, not a movement of the earths crust.
In December 2012, when theres is a planetary allaignment, theres a real possability that the earths crust will be affected by the magnified gravity of the allaigment from other planets and the sun, and also the gallexys central plain.
If the sun and the moons gravity alone can pull trillions on tons of sea water around the planet daily,then ,im quite sure that the gravity from the total planetary and galactic plain allaigment will be able to pull trillions of tons of land mass around the planet. I really hope that this doesn't happen, but ive researched this subject for years, i think at the least that we shuold all make some sort of preparation for this event to be safe, why not? our own governments have been preparing for this for years..............so should you!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Strange... I've been noticing some weird activity from the moon.

I'm going to check outside to night... for some reason, when I walk down the street at night, I always look for the Orion constellation... don't know why...

But tonight I'm going to check the skies. Yall got me super curious now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe its not related but there is the whole mayan calender conciounous shift thing we jus got into. HEY everybody here: Has your life just turned upsidedown?-ie:people around you acting totally different for no reason
Has gravity been totally failing lately?
Have you felt like you were having a heart attack or panic attack for no reason?
We are all cells in this massive body that is the earth. The earth shifts- WE SHIFT.........that is my point.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Absolutely.. I was just saying the other night that the crescent moon as it is seen in my backyard the points are now nearly facing directly up like the horns of a bull.. I found that to be rather curious.

I live in Quebec and I noticed the exact same thing last week...

I don't know if this is normal but I don't recall ever seeing that. A "bottom" crescent.

I find it strange that more and more people are noticing anomalies with the stars, the moon and the sun, yet it's nowhere to be found on MSM.

I do not tend to be of the paranoid type but something isn't right. And it ain't the posters on ATS!

Good op. S&F.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is funny, seeing stars move around is something I have been thinking about all my life, since I was a kid of 8-9. And few weeks ago something weird did happen to me, but cannot be sure stars were moving because it was cloudy and I felt like I was about to fall on the floor. As many other people on here, I have problems with sleep and often I stay up until about 4 AM. My nose points to the sky anytime it is possible and I too possess a small telescope and binoculars to watch the infinite. Now this is a bit OT but how many of you have zero-neg blood type as I do?
Thanks for answering

P.S. lately everytime I watch the sky I always look for Orion first, the rest is seemingly less important but I don't know why I feel like that.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Hundroid because: forgot something

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm so ashamed that it didn't click for me. I noticed the crescent moon pointing upward like a "U" too. I even thought to myself boy that's different but was on vacation so was quickly distracted. How is that possible? Wouldn't the earth or moon need to be rotating differently to do that? Why hasn't the media said anything? Kind of a hard thing to ignore.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I too have noticed that the stars seem to have moved from left to right, with the big dipper being directly over head now, it was always to the left of me and my view point before?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
REMINDER:

*** ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

*** One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

*** Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Any posts that are not about the topic and within the rules of this site will be removed!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join