It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by officiallyfreakedout
I'm so ashamed that it didn't click for me. I noticed the crescent moon pointing upward like a "U" too. I even thought to myself boy that's different but was on vacation so was quickly distracted. How is that possible? Wouldn't the earth or moon need to be rotating differently to do that? Why hasn't the media said anything? Kind of a hard thing to ignore.

This depends on the orientation of the moon compared to the sun and this varies from day to day since sun is the the source of the light on the moon.

You should download stellarium or similar software so you can compare it with what you saw.
edit on 14-2-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

People would probably take you a lot more seriously if your name wasn't "purplemonkeydishwasher" but hey, it's still a cool story.

Honestly, I've asked to change it.. lol. and I'm just too lazy to go through the motions of posting 20 times on b.s. just to gain the privilege of creating a thread. It is however I reference to conspiracies in general, and the broken telephone concept of relaying information; thinking caps please and thank you. I judge people by their words, and how much time they take to think Not names.

In all seriousness though, I haven't noticed any stars moving around, but it has seemed to be a lot darker some nights and a LOT brighter some nights - of course it could just be all the clouds with all the storms lately, but it seems like it's more than just the clouds... the sky has also been REALLY pink a few times over the last few weeks.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

The sky has been setting in some pretty amazing ways. I'm going to start taking more pictures of the days and nights around here.. we have a rather vista view for sky in my neighbourhood. We have some warmer weather coming up, I plan to be outside @ night for some of.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

i keep thinking of this

edit on 14/2/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What's the best setting to put a digital camera on to take pictures of the sky at night? Anybody here know by chance? I can go play around with our new one if somebody gives me some good info.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

Where can I get those?
Cause I really need it now,I got a headache from staring at the sky

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostcat

Was just skimming through this thread when this particular post jumped out. Friday night before last, as my sister's were leaving to go home, we all remarked on how strange the moon was. Instead of the normal open crescent we always associate with, the crescent was as you described - on its side so that it resembled a bull's horns pointing up. Strange enough.

I was smoking a cig and my friend pointed this out, we also saw some very bright stars in a huge triangular pattern with the moon nearly in the middle. My friend isn't into conspiracy, and them pointing it out was strange, but proof that people who are living their lives unaware of these theories and such are taking notice to abnormalities in the sky.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
there seems to be a lot of funky business with the our magnetosphere.

this may be due to the CME the other day?

www2.nict.go.jp...

Cripes! Go look at it now... it's worse than when you posted this. I don't pretend to understand all of the data; I do look at it a lot, and this looks pretty messy. Hang in there, Mama Earth... you're doing great... ride out this storm!

That is nothing unusual.. This is from a random solar storm: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by juleol

I have no idea what you saw, but i know for sure that it wasnt a pole shift.
A pole shift wont affect axial tilt/orientation to stars at all and will only affect the magnetic north and south pole which is btw not currently located in the geographical north/south pole.

How fast did these stars seem to move anyways?? If what you claim you saw really happened then it sounds like whole axis of earth just shifted, which i think is highly unlikely as it would have been visible all over the world.
If you observe stars/planets near a stationary object on ground/horizon it will be normal to see stars move slowly even without the use of a telescope.

Oy.. all I can repeat is what I saw. If this was normal, I would be making a thread about this every night, or not at all? I have watched the skies and stars'behaviour for years and years.. I know what I saw was either my own perception/reality changing/shifting, or i saw the hologram shift. lol either way, what I saw was confirmed by my friend in the exact way I was observing it.

I just offered a explanation for what i thought could maybe be a plausible explanation. I have no idea what you saw or how fast the stars were moving.

What i do know for sure is that it was not a pole shift as that would not change the tilt of earth or move the landmass.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

I have no idea what you saw, but i know for sure that it wasnt a pole shift.
A pole shift wont affect axial tilt/orientation to stars at all and will only affect the magnetic north and south pole which is btw not currently located in the geographical north/south pole.

How fast did these stars seem to move anyways?? If what you claim you saw really happened then it sounds like whole axis of earth just shifted, which i think is highly unlikely as it would have been visible all over the world.
If you observe stars/planets near a stationary object on ground/horizon it will be normal to see stars move slowly even without the use of a telescope.

Oy.. all I can repeat is what I saw. If this was normal, I would be making a thread about this every night, or not at all? I have watched the skies and stars'behaviour for years and years.. I know what I saw was either my own perception/reality changing/shifting, or i saw the hologram shift. lol either way, what I saw was confirmed by my friend in the exact way I was observing it.

I just offered a explanation for what i thought could maybe be a plausible explanation. I have no idea what you saw or how fast the stars were moving.

What i do know for sure is that it was not a pole shift as that would not change the tilt of earth or move the landmass.

Yes. I can say with certainty that what I saw invalidated what I know to be the currently accepted laws of possibe. heh
edit on 14-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX1874

Originally posted by Ghostcat

Was just skimming through this thread when this particular post jumped out. Friday night before last, as my sister's were leaving to go home, we all remarked on how strange the moon was. Instead of the normal open crescent we always associate with, the crescent was as you described - on its side so that it resembled a bull's horns pointing up. Strange enough.

I was smoking a cig and my friend pointed this out, we also saw some very bright stars in a huge triangular pattern with the moon nearly in the middle. My friend isn't into conspiracy, and them pointing it out was strange, but proof that people who are living their lives unaware of these theories and such are taking notice to abnormalities in the sky.

quite a few people are taking notice.. somewhat difficult not to notice the moon in a totally different position eh? lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just a random thought, but could this have anything to do with Tyche??? Hologram being repositioned maybe to allow for approach???? lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Damn it, I wish Chicago wasnt so cloudy all the time, I want to see stuff like this lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Now that you mention it.....

The back of my house faces the east (I'm in western Maryland) and I let my dog out several times an evening through the back door. I always notice the moon in the sky and gaze at it a minute or two while doing this, especially if it is full or near full. A beautiful sight. However, about 3 weeks or so ago, I noticed something really strange.

I opened the door, looked outside and saw no moon. I don't keep up on the lunar cycles so just figured it was either covered by the clouds (although you can usually see a faint glow if it is) or was dark. Then I looked up and saw a light above me. Stepping outside, I looked straight up and it was the moon. It was glowing through the cloud cover but was very visible.

I checked the clock, thinking that it must be later than normal but it wasn't so I thought, maybe I just never noticed that it changes locations in the sky sometimes (rationalization at any cost). I double checked its location and the clock and went back inside, scratching my head. And certainly did not say anything to anyone, thinking that I'm just missing some bit of information. In other words, I did not believe my eyes.

Then I see this thread. Now I wonder....what is happening? I watch the sky constantly and although I can tell you little of what stars or planets I see, I have never seen anything like this happen before. Or since. The moon is back to where it is supposed to be since then.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Ever seen The Truman Show?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr. toddly

Ever seen The Truman Show?

Ahah, yea the thought had crossed my mind. A Hologram seems to be the most obvious answer to all of this..
edit on 14-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beaux
Now that you mention it.....

The back of my house faces the east (I'm in western Maryland) and I let my dog out several times an evening through the back door. I always notice the moon in the sky and gaze at it a minute or two while doing this, especially if it is full or near full. A beautiful sight. However, about 3 weeks or so ago, I noticed something really strange.

I opened the door, looked outside and saw no moon. I don't keep up on the lunar cycles so just figured it was either covered by the clouds (although you can usually see a faint glow if it is) or was dark. Then I looked up and saw a light above me. Stepping outside, I looked straight up and it was the moon. It was glowing through the cloud cover but was very visible.

I checked the clock, thinking that it must be later than normal but it wasn't so I thought, maybe I just never noticed that it changes locations in the sky sometimes (rationalization at any cost). I double checked its location and the clock and went back inside, scratching my head. And certainly did not say anything to anyone, thinking that I'm just missing some bit of information. In other words, I did not believe my eyes.

Then I see this thread. Now I wonder....what is happening? I watch the sky constantly and although I can tell you little of what stars or planets I see, I have never seen anything like this happen before. Or since. The moon is back to where it is supposed to be since then.

I know my attention is going to be on the sky that much more after this experience! If we can get a thousand more sky watchers out of this.. who knows what we might discover??

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but it does change location and altitude quite a bit during the course of a month.
Again i recommend stellarium which is a free astronomy software where you can actually observe these changes as well as compare the simulation with the real sky in your location.

You can even go back thousands of years and see how the sky looked back then at the location of your choice.
www.stellarium.org...
edit on 14-2-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ahhh....I remember seeing all the stars in the sky move once. The phenomenon is called Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
were there a few clouds in the sky? perhaps the motion of a few clouds gave the impression of a moving sky. like when your sitting at a traffic light and the car next to you moves a little and you slam on your brakes because you think your the one who is moving.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
were there a few clouds in the sky? perhaps the motion of a few clouds gave the impression of a moving sky. like when your sitting at a traffic light and the car next to you moves a little and you slam on your brakes because you think your the one who is moving.

Why don't you read the whole thread...? I've answered this several times, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join