WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 7
75
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 


Was just skimming through this thread when this particular post jumped out. Friday night before last, as my sister's were leaving to go home, we all remarked on how strange the moon was. Instead of the normal open crescent we always associate with, the crescent was as you described - on its side so that it resembled a bull's horns pointing up. Strange enough.




posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 

I have no idea what you saw, but i know for sure that it wasnt a pole shift.
A pole shift wont affect axial tilt/orientation to stars at all and will only affect the magnetic north and south pole which is btw not currently located in the geographical north/south pole.

How fast did these stars seem to move anyways?? If what you claim you saw really happened then it sounds like whole axis of earth just shifted, which i think is highly unlikely as it would have been visible all over the world.
If you observe stars/planets near a stationary object on ground/horizon it will be normal to see stars move slowly even without the use of a telescope.


Oy.. all I can repeat is what I saw. If this was normal, I would be making a thread about this every night, or not at all? I have watched the skies and stars'behaviour for years and years.. I know what I saw was either my own perception/reality changing/shifting, or i saw the hologram shift. lol either way, what I saw was confirmed by my friend in the exact way I was observing it.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostcat
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 


Was just skimming through this thread when this particular post jumped out. Friday night before last, as my sister's were leaving to go home, we all remarked on how strange the moon was. Instead of the normal open crescent we always associate with, the crescent was as you described - on its side so that it resembled a bull's horns pointing up. Strange enough.


Yup... call me a lunatic, but things are not as they once were. I'm glad there are enough people to notice this. I've started pointing out my observations to random people on the street, trying to spread the awareness, or thoughts that things might be changing rather rapidly.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's the thing...if the stars shift or the moon doesn't move lots of people notice. Why? Because there are 100's of astronomy programs calibrated to give specific locations of stars, planets, nebulae, etc. When the poles shift, these programs will not longer locate the objects in the sky accurately. But the pole shifted and so the north orientation of telescopes changes too you say? Fixed telescopes do not reorient to north as a matter of procedure.

I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, but perception is very subjective. However many would notice if the poles shift because of their nightly observations of the stars. And they're not ALL in on the conspiracy to hide the truth. There are 1000's of backyard astronomers with fixed telescopes built with sheds around them and they don't reset their north orientation. They have been hard oriented with north pointing in 1 direction- so if the poles shift, the stars suddenly are in different locations and just like the report comets they discover, they would report shifting stars.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You would think some,or any astronomer would have notice and posted it somewhere.
Have ya'll found one yet?
They would have freaked out and posted it on facebook or tweeted it for astronomers by now.
Then it would be like what happened in Egypt,Everyone and his brother would have put it out there.
Just throwing that out there.



K



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE
 


I must say, though, it was a very good attempt at an explanation. Better than, say, a pole shift that happened today. And starlight lag-times are a tricky thing. Even I, for a moment, entertained the idea that it could've been a mass shift in the stars themselves a long time ago, but then the whole stars-are-different-distances thing clicked and I suddenly felt like an idiot. But it's all good, it's late here too.

To purplemonkeydishwater: I drove out to the highest, most out-of-the-way spot on the island of mine a couple hours ago and stared up at the stars for a while with the expressed purpose catching a shift in the stars like what you saw. It was a great spot for this, with a radar tower that I could use as a stationary reference. Admittedly, I didn't see any moving stars, but I did see something rather interesting... a single stationary star-like flash of light that appeared for a split second and then disappeared. I never saw it again, but it made me go "huh...that's weird".



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE
 


I must say, though, it was a very good attempt at an explanation. Better than, say, a pole shift that happened today. And starlight lag-times are a tricky thing. Even I, for a moment, entertained the idea that it could've been a mass shift in the stars themselves a long time ago, but then the whole stars-are-different-distances thing clicked and I suddenly felt like an idiot. But it's all good, it's late here too.

To purplemonkeydishwater: I drove out to the highest, most out-of-the-way spot on the island of mine a couple hours ago and stared up at the stars for a while with the expressed purpose catching a shift in the stars like what you saw. It was a great spot for this, with a radar tower that I could use as a stationary reference. Admittedly, I didn't see any moving stars, but I did see something rather interesting... a single stationary star-like flash of light that appeared for a split second and then disappeared. I never saw it again, but it made me go "huh...that's weird".


I don't know what to tell you man, I'm sure everyone would have liked to experience this.. I can tell you this much, I have much better things to do than cook up a crazy story and slough it onto ATS.. I don't make threads, I don't care for attention.. I am somewhat of a recluse really, lol. So for me to sit and chat in this thread is something I consider to be of value to my time, hopefully we can get some closure on what is happening, but if not, perhaps it good enough to know that things are never as they seem, and to that I can attest readily.




posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 

Ok...know what I think?
I believe them , that they saw the stars move.
Perhaps they are seeing the earth wobble.
I challenge others to keep an eye on the sky.

edit on 01/18/2011 by Bartibog because: edit to add



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You would think some,or any astronomer would have notice and posted it somewhere.
Have ya'll found one yet?
They would have freaked out and posted it on facebook or tweeted it for astronomers by now.
Then it would be like what happened in Egypt,Everyone and his brother would have put it out there.
Just throwing that out there.



K


Yea I know right? See the end of my original post: hoping that we were not the only 2 out 7 billion that saw this occurance..lol. maybe the stars were just moving for us.
lol



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 


I know - My sisters just dismissed it - but I was really perplexed. I am going back outside to have a look. Orion is always my first point of reference. 20 minutes ago - the moon was right in Gemini between Castor and Athena. I am so relieved that others here notice. People I work with, people I know - are just not interested. They don't care about anything except main stream media.

I am about 40 degrees north of equator in So Cal. This is really exciting! I'll let ya know if anything is amiss...



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE
 


I must say, though, it was a very good attempt at an explanation. Better than, say, a pole shift that happened today. And starlight lag-times are a tricky thing. Even I, for a moment, entertained the idea that it could've been a mass shift in the stars themselves a long time ago, but then the whole stars-are-different-distances thing clicked and I suddenly felt like an idiot. But it's all good, it's late here too.

To purplemonkeydishwater: I drove out to the highest, most out-of-the-way spot on the island of mine a couple hours ago and stared up at the stars for a while with the expressed purpose catching a shift in the stars like what you saw. It was a great spot for this, with a radar tower that I could use as a stationary reference. Admittedly, I didn't see any moving stars, but I did see something rather interesting... a single stationary star-like flash of light that appeared for a split second and then disappeared. I never saw it again, but it made me go "huh...that's weird".


I don't know what to tell you man, I'm sure everyone would have liked to experience this.. I can tell you this much, I have much better things to do than cook up a crazy story and slough it onto ATS.. I don't make threads, I don't care for attention.. I am somewhat of a recluse really, lol. So for me to sit and chat in this thread is something I consider to be of value to my time, hopefully we can get some closure on what is happening, but if not, perhaps it good enough to know that things are never as they seem, and to that I can attest readily.



The interesting thing is, I actually believe you. I rarely believe stuff like this, but I don't know...it's one of the more scientifically ridiculous things I've heard lately, but I believe it happened like you said it did. I don't go on excursions to higher elevations for nothing



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Alright, I had a look outside earlier, but I'm going to take another look.. I can see Orion like whoa tonight, will be back soon.

I hate to feel like I'm sending people on a wild good chase.. I'm just reporting what I saw last night, er.. this morning, last morning? lol.. it was about 4am, perhaps nearer to 430 by the end of everything. I found it to be quite a curious time for it all to happen.. when everyone would have been asleep.. ou know?



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE
 


I must say, though, it was a very good attempt at an explanation. Better than, say, a pole shift that happened today. And starlight lag-times are a tricky thing. Even I, for a moment, entertained the idea that it could've been a mass shift in the stars themselves a long time ago, but then the whole stars-are-different-distances thing clicked and I suddenly felt like an idiot. But it's all good, it's late here too.

To purplemonkeydishwater: I drove out to the highest, most out-of-the-way spot on the island of mine a couple hours ago and stared up at the stars for a while with the expressed purpose catching a shift in the stars like what you saw. It was a great spot for this, with a radar tower that I could use as a stationary reference. Admittedly, I didn't see any moving stars, but I did see something rather interesting... a single stationary star-like flash of light that appeared for a split second and then disappeared. I never saw it again, but it made me go "huh...that's weird".


I don't know what to tell you man, I'm sure everyone would have liked to experience this.. I can tell you this much, I have much better things to do than cook up a crazy story and slough it onto ATS.. I don't make threads, I don't care for attention.. I am somewhat of a recluse really, lol. So for me to sit and chat in this thread is something I consider to be of value to my time, hopefully we can get some closure on what is happening, but if not, perhaps it good enough to know that things are never as they seem, and to that I can attest readily.



The interesting thing is, I actually believe you. I rarely believe stuff like this, but I don't know...it's one of the more scientifically ridiculous things I've heard lately, but I believe it happened like you said it did. I don't go on excursions to higher elevations for nothing


Amen (Ra).

I am of the same sort of mentality.. I listen for the truth in someone 's words first, not to what they are saying. so to speak. Off for a look

Totally scientifically ridiculous, right?? lol.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This happened to me almost 20 years ago...but those memories don't fade. I remember it was 6-ish in the morning, walking to my bus stop (I was in HS at the time). Of course I'm the only person they pick up, it was in the back of a quiet neighborhood...safe but quiet. I remember feeling like I was being watched, specifically from the sewer grate across the street from where I was standing. To distract myself, I started staring up at the stars...my attention was transfixed to one. That particular star was motionless for at least 4 minutes...then it started moving (from my perspective) straight up. It then proceeded at something like a 45 degree angle...then just gone.

I've only told a small handful of people, but this post seems to have hit close to home. I felt like sharing. Thank you to those who also shared their stories, this can be difficult for many people. It was for me.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 

I know it was my special star I saw move ,and I did see one or two,just meant for me.
I had my wtf moment then came to my senses.
Maybe optical illusion or something
If I had comfirmation on what happened I would have thought differently.



K



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I would go and observe but it's colder than hell outside ll screw the UFO's lol unless they want to come visit



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpalasty
This happened to me almost 20 years ago...but those memories don't fade. I remember it was 6-ish in the morning, walking to my bus stop (I was in HS at the time). Of course I'm the only person they pick up, it was in the back of a quiet neighborhood...safe but quiet. I remember feeling like I was being watched, specifically from the sewer grate across the street from where I was standing. To distract myself, I started staring up at the stars...my attention was transfixed to one. That particular star was motionless for at least 4 minutes...then it started moving (from my perspective) straight up. It then proceeded at something like a 45 degree angle...then just gone.

I've only told a small handful of people, but this post seems to have hit close to home. I felt like sharing. Thank you to those who also shared their stories, this can be difficult for many people. It was for me.



Yea it's hard to tell this to some people, I know.. I just trust in myself, and refuse to let anyone's opinion on their reality affect mine negatively.. I know myself, I know what I saw, I know my friend. THank you for adding your own story and experience to this



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
I would go and observe but it's colder than hell outside ll screw the UFO's lol unless they want to come visit

'
Beautiful night out though, well cleared, stars are shining brightly.. I will return outside later in the evening, more near to the original time of observation.. might start checking @ around 3am. 1141 here now..



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher
 


People would probably take you a lot more seriously if your name wasn't "purplemonkeydishwasher" but hey, it's still a cool story.


In all seriousness though, I haven't noticed any stars moving around, but it has seemed to be a lot darker some nights and a LOT brighter some nights - of course it could just be all the clouds with all the storms lately, but it seems like it's more than just the clouds... the sky has also been REALLY pink a few times over the last few weeks.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I know what I have seen to be hard truth to me and me only.
But until I can get confirmation on it,it was just me,my eyes,what I have been influenced by,my perspective.
The mind can play crazy tricks on you,and if you truely believe in what you saw,it really happened to you.
Until then,as one member put it,it never happened.





top topics
 
75
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join