It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hello
2012 will be the most interesting year in a long time. I hope we are all fine but if something was to happen I hope the different cultures of the world can put there differences aside and work in union to help prevent the total destruction of man kind...... romantic notion I know but I can live in hope

Helgas

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

And tomorrow you'll be hit by a car. Dead.

Just kidding.. but seriously man, don't worry about it
. No one knows what ANY day will bring, let alone, one in the future -_-. I will agree we're moving towards something, but don't let anyone tell you what it is. Just be yourself, and when something goes down, you'll be a leader for those who don't even know who their real "self" is.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I agree wholeheartedly. I must say that is one Hymn that always touches my heart and soul.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I understand why you would feel panicked, but I think you should try to stop worrying about it and just live your life. If something WERE to happen in 2012, there's probably nothing we could do about it anyways, you know? So just live your life and be happy while you can, we're all gonna die eventually anyways, whether it be 2 years from now or 80 years from now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"Fear is an evil worse than evil itself." St. Padre Pio

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry

Be ready at all times for all things, believing in your own abilities to handle anything that comes your way...you were made for a time such as this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
I don't know. It just hit me tonight. All the sudden I thought of 2012 and I paniced.

I know I am dying anyway, but still...I know it's stupid. I could die tomorrow.
Yet this date caused so much panic. And on a daily basis I think "I've got very little time left". It's not that I don't accept I am going to die. It's that I know it's cut so short. So, now I got to try and live as much as I can.

My heart is racing. This is so messed up.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Before2017Victor because: (no reason given)

To end it today, decide to walk like an Egyptian many will join you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My birthday is 21 dec.. so NOTHING is going to happen...

Not before im done with my cake that is !

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
you should calm. the more negativity for this 2012 thing the more chances its going to happen, the destiny is not set yet for the earth but if people are leaning towards catastrophe the destiny for this planet will be set. i beleive so anyway its my opinion and its a strong one. energy is all round us, you cant see it but you can feel it, we are unconsciously aware of it.

calm yourself down and realise that its the start of human evolution and transition. the ultimate task is to get rid of fear, fear is what excites your mind to think of negativity. to over come this you have to see things in a different perspective and not what the stupid 2012 movie showed us. yes things will happen, and yes some lives might be lost as you are seeing today of whats happening. if you see the light and that there is something beyond this is something wonderful to look forward to. there is something extraordinary waiting for us just around the corner. the thought catastrophe is what is blinding you from seeing the truth, just what the media does best.
edit on 9-2-2011 by wongy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
im not sure that anything major is going to happen, although im not going to say there definately isnt...but tbh i think i would rather something did, cuz its either that or we are all going to find ourself in the chokehold of the NWO and tbh..fema camps? taxed to death? worked to death? under a fascist regime? i think id rather be dead tbh.

take comfort knowing this though....if anything E.L.E happens...we will all be goig not just you

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
dont worry about 2012 ....what i would be worrying about is make sure you are right with the lord. its something im struggling with

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im just wondering.. is all this 2012 stuff based on the maya people running out of space to write on ?
Or what

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Nothing special will happen in 2012 with regards to the end of the world.

If you're really getting anxious over this, you should stop reading conspiracy sites and seek professional help.

There have been religious groups in the past that sold all their possessions and went to some appointed place to wait for what ever was being preached to them by their leader. Guess what... Nothing happened.

2012 is the same type of date. People have been talking about it for decades.... It's just a Mayan calendar. If they were so smart and could predict the future... What happened to them and why aren't they running the entire world right now?

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
if people do some research about it, its the end to a new beginning. a new cycle comes after this. like the calender you have on your wall apart from events will take place.

look at it this way. mother earth is going through the birth cramps at this stage. it will get more intense, much blood will be shed. at the end of it all, a beginning to a new life will begin.

simples

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I understand what you are feeling......there are so many people spreading fear and telling us we are doomed. Remember how back in the 90's everyone was saying the world would end in 2000? Prince even made a song about it (2000 party over it's out of time...so tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999).....didn't happen....then we had the y2k scare where all our computers would go haywire etc...didn't happen. Now we have 2012, planet X crashing into Earth, planets aligning and causing catastrophe......NONE of this has any scientific basis. Planet X is something this crazy woman on Zeta talk "predicted" and it went viral until it is now being presented as fact when it is not. Scientists, astronomers, and people who study this kind of thing say there is no planet x. The ONLY thing this is based on is some ancient Mayan calendar....that's IT. What the "Mayan believers" DON'T mention though, is the fact that the Mayans also thought that the Earth was flat, had four corners, and was held up in space on the back of a crocodile and five trees of various bright colors. So who should we believe....astrophysicists or ancients who believed trees held up the Earth?
All of this has just taken on a life of it's own. Nothing is going to happen on any specific date. We will all be here on Christmas2012 and these doomers will disappear and go on to the next doomsday.
No one knows the future. A very long time ago, there was a doomsday predicted, people sold their homes, their land, and all their possessions....guess what happened? The day after the world was supposed to end, they were homeless and penniless wondering what they were going to do! If you google end of the world, you will see that every year, someone says something will happen. It never does. BTW, planetary alignment happens EVERY year, and it is no danger whatsoever...... So rest easy and live your life......all the people who know about these things say it is a bunch of BS....here is something you should read that will put you at ease.....and here's a big (((hug))).....everything will be ok. I posted this on another thread, but I think you need to read it...
astrobiology.nasa.gov...
edit on 9-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 9-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Excellently well said...I agree 100%

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

HI, This is my first post and I created an account here just to reply to your thread.

When I first heard about 2012, like you, I did a lot of research on the topic. Some say it will be a time of destruction, some say a time of enlightenment. It's been 3 years since I first stumbled onto this topic and I went through many months of chest pains from the stress/panic of this topic. Then something happened to me. I had a dream about a deceased loved one that was very vivid with a very strong message for me.

Two and half years later I had another dream from this same deceased person, this time with a very physical hug and woke up still feeling it and having the feeling of falling. (I wont go into detail since it's not about 2012).

These two events made me look further into life after death. I will tell you that today I no longer have chest pains or panic attacks and the reason why is because I do not fear death anymore.

Please, take a few mins and google NDE Stories. Read a few and put your mind to ease. Every time I get the feeling that all is doom and gloom I will visit one of those sites and read some of the newest stories and they always put me at ease.

I'm not going to tell you what to believe, just read for yourself, they are very powerful stories and will help with your panic attacks.

I will say that before I found those stories I was pretty agnostic. Now I look at strange happenings and coincidences with a more open mind. IF something does happen on 12/21/2012, there is nothing you can do about it. But if take notice at the trends of predictions...I have NEVER seen one happen that lists a specific date.

Just be prepared, go for the ride and take care of your family and live every day with as much happiness as you can find

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Panic attack? Out of all the billions of people who have lived on the planet and have been predicting the end of times for thousands of years, you should be excited you may get a chance to see it all go down. Least you won't be the only one who bites the dust. Kick back, put your feet up and enjoy the ride. Worrying about it isn't going to change squat.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.

Given all the "end of the world" scenarios, it's no wonder. And the really bad science shows on doomsday and 2012 on the Discovery channel aren't helping at all. Their share of the market has been dropping and they've boosted their ratings with the "doom and gloom and asteroids and big scary things" shows.

So, of course, they make more of them because that's what brings the viewers.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

Sure!

I've lived through a number of these "Cosmic alignment dates"/"Armageddon dates"/"Raising consciousness dates"/ etc. Some of them (like the Planetary Alignment in 1998 and the 1982 "Jupiter Effect") were promoted heavily by authors and New Age philosophers. Others, like Y2K were based on a bad understanding of the situation (I had to certify a load of sand (no, I'm not kidding) as being "Y2K safe".) The people who know about the dates spend the weeks leading up to the event in a state of panic and the day (often) in a state of complete funk and then tend to avoid thinking about it afterwards. Civilizations don't collapse on those days,

Mayans had a number of calendars. One of them completes its cycle in 2012. Inscriptions on their monuments indicates things happening beyond 2012 -- so they themselves didn't believe in a world ending then or a cosmic consciousness then or anything other than "hey, George -- gotta restart the calendar."

* The Earth doesn't know it's 2012. The Earth is around 5 billion years old and doesn't respond to odd numbers set in calendars by various civilizations.
* Humans find numbers significant. Solar systems, galaxies, and planets don't.
* The universe didn't find 1988 particularly powerful or overwhelming in spite of Hal Lindsey's very popular book, "The Late, Great Planet Earth."
* The conqueror from the east did not show up in August of 1999 as predicted by Nostradamus.
* In spite of John Wesley's belief, the world didn't end in 1794.
* Jehovah's Witnesses kept predicting the end of the world in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994 (among others.) I think they've given up setting dates now but I'm not sure of this.
* The Hale-Bopp comet did not bring about the end of the world although members of the "Heaven's Gate" cult committed suicide because they thought the world was ending.

...and so on and so forth.

Ten famous failed events here: listverse.com...

None of 15 predictions of "the world is ending this year" came true in 2006:
www.religioustolerance.org...

There's lots more out there. Just search for "failed predictions" and you'll soon see how many people get on ego trips about esoteric knowledge.

The Mayans today have no particular belief about 2012. As far as they're concerned it's another year.

Don't let it scare you. If you obsess on it, you'll stress yourself out and end up with panic attacks. Pick something else to focus on -- something you can do something about (such as local efforts to clean up and restore environments or help endangered species.) Something that requires "hands on" and involvement with the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Im just wondering.. is all this 2012 stuff based on the maya people running out of space to write on ?
Or what

haha . . . that's what always gets me. I mean, it was a stone calender right? They had to stop somewhere. Maybe the guy who carved it just figured someone else would extend it later.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

What gets me is that the Mayans never predicted ANYTHING
All this is just from the fact that the calander stopped....everything about it is imagination and speculation...like you said, maybe the guy just ran out of stone, and passed the buck to someone else who didn't do it
Some things never change

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join