It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

See ! I told you that site would come in handy in a lot of threads here! I have it favorite placed so I can pull it right up. We might wear the link out! LOL.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

Your not stupid... but highly irrational, to be sure. Worrying about death is like... well... worrying about death. Completely pointless and destructive.

I used to believe, when I was younger, that 2012 was going to be the end of the world... it never worried me, however, because there really isn't that much to worry about. How much 'good' is left in this life anyways. Death is just the beginning even though there may or may not be an 'afterlife'. Doesn't matter... it's just a matter of time before it's discovered that energy is a 'form' of life anyways (imho). What is beyond, surely must be better no?

If it helps... you can think of it this way. What is 2012 but a number? The number of years since the year 0. What is year 0? Year 0 is a time in space when certain 'leaders' of our civilizations decided that history needs to be wiped and everything started all over again. It is just a number, decided upon by mere mortals. The only thing that 'may' happen in 2012 is a new beginning all over again. We probably won't start with the year 0 again but you can bet that the way of life that we have all become so used to, will forever be changed. First, for the worse... then slowly, for the better.

I choose my reality to be that 2012 will be the beginning of change. Just what those changes will be, only a certain few individuals on this planet know for sure, I don't know because i'm not one of them. However, my argument stands that it is completely pointless and irrational to worry about something you have no idea, nor power to do anything about.

Also, it probably does not help that you are probably constantly on this site, like me, reading all sorts of personal truths. What is truth? It is what you believe and not what anyone tells you.

Personally, I think that being on this site is giving you the panic attack, not 2012. (not bashing the site but i've had something like this happen to me before... the more links you make, the crazier the world seems and it doesn't help that highly-intelligent people on this site add a lot more links than you yourself could ever make individualy.)

BTW Sorry to throw in religion in here but it cannot be avoided since the whole calendar in use today revolves around the christian/catholic religion. Anyways 2012 isn't really 2012... it is really 2008. Jesus (whoever/whatever he was) was apparently born 4 years after he died... yes someone dropped the ball here. So really, you have a bunch of years left.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

The world is not goin to END!!! Don't believe anything u hear about the end of the world cuz there is one explanation = ITS ALL CRAP dont let them scare u thats what their intentions are...only way the world is gonna end in our time is from a nuclear war if i was u guys id be worrying about that becuase its the only way it would happen...unless a rogue asteroid sneaks up on us but oh well if we die then we die get over it

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Before2017Victor

The world is not goin to END!!! Don't believe anything u hear about the end of the world cuz there is one explanation = ITS ALL CRAP dont let them scare u thats what their intentions are...only way the world is gonna end in our time is from a nuclear war if i was u guys id be worrying about that becuase its the only way it would happen...unless a rogue asteroid sneaks up on us but oh well if we die then we die get over it

Show us the evidence that nothing will happen...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We are all going to die...anyway. But this date is total bull #, have you even known a prophesy to come true. The best thing you can do is stop trying to control things out of your reach.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 7ruth

show me evidence that something will happen...thats my proof nobody can PROVE the world is goin to end.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I view this 2012 as an initiation of the heart. It is a way for each person to clear out fear about death and decide what is really important. So much evil is not in our control and has been around for centuries. Each person though has a chance to do good things each day. Building up the nervous system is very important to me.

To avoid a freak out:

lay down and put your legs up the wall and do deep breathing. Get a paper bag to breathe into.

I swear that this yoga move has changed my life. It looks so silly but really helps with panic.
www.pinklotus.org...

k

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Buy guns and ammunitions just in case some crazy things happens.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
2012 is not the end of the world, it's not even the end of the Mayan calender, it just resets at 2012 and starts a new time period. I had this all worked out but I can't find my notes on it and I don't remember the exact years so I won't guess. I will try to find the video that explains all of this and post it but the theory goes something like this.

At some point in the distant past our solar system was part of another galaxy that collided with the milky way. The old galaxy was of lesser mass, lesser weight than the milky way so our solar system stayed here due to the gravitational tug of war between the two. Notice our system spins counter clockwise while the milky way spins clockwise. Our system also spins at an angle and wobbles up and down along the galactic plane of the milky. This means our system is still in the process of being absorbed into the galaxy or flatened out along the galactic plane. Safe to say we will be long gone before that actually happens.

In 2012 our solar system crosses the plane and begins it's journey above the plane until it reaches a point where it will start its way back down to cross again. These are points marked in the Mayan calendar. Will there be a polar shift at the crossing? Maybe, it stands to reason that there will be so it is only a matter of how severe it will be. We are already seeing an increase in activity on the earth. Magnetic north is moving enough to screw up GPS and runway headings. Big slides of the earths crust probably have more to do with the amount of ice on the poles than it does with galaxy gravitation.

We may be off the hook in this way since the Earth has been going through a long period of warming or this cycle has been warming and there isn't much ice at the poles as compared to the past. It will probably be on the next cycle when things freeze up again you will get a monster pole shift.

Again this is all theory and we will have to see what happens next year.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In every religion there is talk about a judgement day/end of the world i think u guys seriously need to get ur head out of ur _ _ _ and grow up and live ur life quit worryin about when it will end will only make u regret it

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Am I stupid?

Yes you are.

Before you all jump on me, he asked a question and I answered it

Get a jar of Nutella man. You'll feel a whole lot better.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The only things with any sort of Definite Garentee of happening in 2012( In my books) would be the "solar maxium" and the 3 eclipses ,Total eclipse of the Sun, The Eclipse of Mercury and the sun and the fabled "Galactic Alignment" eclipise of the earth and the center of the milky way,Albeit strange to have 3 eclipses in one year. All theories aside as long as the Galactic Plain isnt full of still comets/asteroids that'd we'd slam into passing through (im sure if this were the case astromers ,even amateurs, would have exposed along time ago) the other eclipses pose no threat what so ever. And as far as the solar maximum if a "Knowing" senario were the case solar storms and outbursts would be much greater even today. So the worst we could expect would be massive blackouts. Worst case senario perhaps total grid failure. But thats sure as hell not everyone on the planet dying. And like everyone else has stated. The mayans predicted a reset of a cycle, cataclysmic end is a misread!

Id hope for the best and Try not to panic. Hopefully 2012 will be a good watermark for the awakening and a brighter future will start to form in the hearts and minds of the doom sayers after "the end" simply doesnt come. in a Universe of infinte possibilities . A definite end date of fire and brimstone is very unlikley to say the least.

This is my first post on ATS and i hope it can help a little. No one deserves to live in anxiety!

edit on 9-2-2011 by Retroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Am I stupid?

Yes you are.

Before you all jump on me, he asked a question and I answered it

Get a jar of Nutella man. You'll feel a whole lot better.

Thats like saying 'stick your head in the sand'

People need to stand up and look their fears in the face and realise there is no need to be afraid.

edit on 9-2-2011 by tigermoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Panic attack? Why don't you tell your doctor to subscribe some legalized poison for you?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, I do like nutella...lol

Just an update I am feeling alot better today.

I am lucky to have lived at all, but again I don't think that was my reasoning for the attack.

It did have to do with all these sites and people talking about the subject.
As we near closer I dont doubt that some people will be freaking out.

I think what also scared me was that it might be a painful death. And highly traumatic to see those last couple days as everything gets wiped away. Not only that but that I am still young and I didn't get to experience all the things I would have liked too. It's unfair.
It all just hit me. What triggered it was seeing comments on the internet about it.

Just the idea of a catastrophy is scary. No matter how much you accept death you'd probably still scream at a giant horrfying event happening infront of you.

Of course it's all in my head. I don't know what's going to happen or isn't going to happen.

But besides that. Know that I am feeling better today, and just trying to live my life as best as I can. I've got so much living I have yet to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Actually, when I sense the future I don't see guns but people coming out of there homes to help one another more.
We can practice this by being supportive now in everyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You know we could all be scared crapless. Not about 2012 even, but about the state of the world today! Can we change it.. no... I live on the new madrid fault, and to add to that a couple of years ago we were included in the tornado alley portion of the US... and I am afraid of storms! Can I change it... no...If a storm comes, I take shelter.. an earthquake, well there are no forecasts for those, so I don't worry about it. Do I think about it, yes of course. But I don't dwell on it or panic about it. There is nothing that I can do about it. We are all at the mercy of mother nature and frankly I think she is pissed! I live my life day to day and try to focus on the good things!
Admittedly there are times that I come in ATS and read a thread and get a little freaked out, but it passes!
Try and focus on your todays and your blessings...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
All this talk about earth "passing through the galactic plane" is more bunk.

earthsky.org...

Yes, Earth will cross the galactic equator in 2012. As seen from the sun, the Earth does this every year – twice. However, the Earth won’t be physically passing through the plane of the Milky Way galaxy anytime in the near future.

And, also in that link:

Scientific studies indicate that the solar system lies several dozen light-years north of the galactic plane. What’s more, we are continuing to travel northward, away from the plane of our Milky Way galaxy, at some 7 kilometers per second. Therefore, we won’t be physically passing through the galactic plane in 2012 or anytime in the near future

Astronomers like Neil Degrasse Tyson has been on talk shows stating this as well. We pass through the galactic equator twice a year every year. Enjoy the conspiracy - but don't feed into people's anxieties.
edit on 9-2-2011 by bonaire because: 2nd link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Live one day at a time. You never know what tomorrow brings.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But besides that. Know that I am feeling better today, and just trying to live my life as best as I can. I've got so much living I have yet to do.

Its good to hear that, friend

You do have so much living to do, so go do it!

This one is happy to hear you are doing better now. One step at a time, you know? Its all any of us can do. now you just gotta make sure you dont spend too much time figuring out what to do first

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join