It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Relax, the world will not end. Many folks have other dates before and after 2012 set to be doomsday already. Guess what? We'll still be here in 2013...2014....2015...and beyond.

And please, don't listen to those who'll give you some spiritual nonsense about the year either or say "yes the world will end, repent!"

They're insane.

RELAX. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Doomsday can come any day, I personally HIGHLY doubt some primitives in South America can predict a future event, this is STILL WAY beyond our own capabilities.

The Mayans them selves certainly don't believe it will be the end of the world, this was something invented by WESTERN people.

The worst things that could happen in 2012 is a massive solar storm that may have the potential to wreak havoc on our electronics.

As for Dec 21st, 2012, it will probably be another day and I do not fear it.

Dont let some guy's theory rule your life!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
dont worry m8 , i went through this myself as do many others...........

i have come to lovingly call it ATS syndrome...

when you hear about doom and gloom every minute of every day, and a lot of the time it seems credible it is bound to send you nutz.....

most swim ..........

some sink and shoot people in the head .......... ( sorry insensitive i know )

after a year of ATS i was depressed for quite a while, but those that do swim are better for the experience... more aware .. and more alive!!!!!!

PEACE

QS

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
oh my friend..
you and me are very much alike when you say you always have it in the back of your mind.
they do say as you research deep into the rabbit hole your mind is burned in a negative flame..
ive been a really negative person until my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me almost 2 months ago..
it gave me a reality check
you need to stay postive! as hard as it may seem sometimes
everything happens for a reason

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
dont worry m8 , i went through this myself as do many others...........

i have come to lovingly call it ATS syndrome...

when you hear about doom and gloom every minute of every day, and a lot of the time it seems credible it is bound to send you nutz.....

most swim ..........

some sink and shoot people in the head .......... ( sorry insensitive i know )

after a year of ATS i was depressed for quite a while, but those that do swim are better for the experience... more aware .. and more alive!!!!!!

PEACE

QS

loved this post!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'll just say, along douglas:

Just remember to bring you towel along and you'll be A-Ok...

Life is to interesting to just blow up, there's much more behind the curtains....
Cheer!
edit on 9/2/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I worried a bit myself, but then I realized that I am going to die regardless of what happens, so that may make you feel better. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. What can you do to make today great? Have you told the people near you that you love them? Have you cleaned out your closet and made peace with everything? You have plenty of time if something does happen and will have done what many don't if it nothing occurs. Relax and enjoy this existence while you can.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Doomsday can come any day, I personally HIGHLY doubt some primitives in South America can predict a future event, this is STILL WAY beyond our own capabilities.

The Mayans them selves certainly don't believe it will be the end of the world...

I'm politely disagreeing with your statement GrOuNd_ZeRo due to the nature of your post revolving around the idea "some primitives" can predict the future. The Mayans were a very spiritual and celestial inclined civilization that worshiped the stars and planets in the sky. As for the word primitive...what is primitive? Primitive to our status of civilization today or just anyone who lived before the Romans?
The Mayans were an advanced civilization that knew more about math and the stars than several cultures throughout history.
Quoted directly from here Mayan Celestial Knowledge

The Temple of Kukulcan (also known as El Castillo) is said to be a physical embodiment of the Maya Calendar. For instance, there are 91 steps on each of the four sides of the pyramid (totaling 364) plus the top platform giving us 365 to match the days of a solar year. There are many other representations of time within the construction of the pyramid as will be pointed out later. One of the more interesting aspects of the Kukulcan pyramid is the famous decending serpent illusion which can be seen on the Spring and Fall equinoxes. An equinox occurs when the Sun is located in the middle of the transit between solstices. A solstice occurs when the tilt of the Earth's axis is either closest to or farthest away from the Sun. It is on these days when the Sun's apparent movement north and south through the sky appears to halt and reverse direction, signaling the changing of seasons. An equinox is the midpoint between solstices (usually March 20 or 21 and September 22 or 23)

shows you that they had a firm grasp on how the Earth, as well as the solar system worked! And to think that it wasn't until the 1500s...let me say that one more time THE 1500s when Galileo "debunked" the idea of a geocentric universe.

I'm not saying your wrong at ALL, please do not take this the wrong way, but be careful with who or what you call primitive. Especially when a clear definition of "primitive" can't be explained WHEN in the sense of looking back at a civilization. I mean could you call the Hindus idea of zero primitive when it was "discovered" and used in the 9th century AD...and we still use it today! What is primitive?

I love the Internet in the sense of I cant say something will happen unless U back it up with sufficient evidence. So I'm not saying to you that something WILL happen I'm stating something most likely will happen. Whether it be as catastrophic as Yellow Stone blowing up or all the clocks around the world stopping for a second... something PROBABLY will happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Don't be afraid, but live everyday as though it were your last.

Never forget to tell the ones that you love, that you love them.

Take risks in social situations, the rewards will be great.

Do the right thing, let your conscience be your guide.

Help others, and when in need, they may help you.

2012 is a bunch of hype in my opinion.

You could die tomorrow just crossing the street.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Before2017victor, your issue is with Death itself, not with 2012 (which is just a concept).

Why do you fear death? Is there a way you can enjoy life rather than living out of fearing or escaping death?

If you die in 2012, or 2017, or 2030, how does it matter?

There are far worst things than death itself, as you should know. Pain, sickness, oppression, captivity are among these things.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Aw sweety calm down. Remember all the hoopla about Y2K and the computer meltdown that was to occur the world over? Big build up. lots of prep. Nothing happened. People have been claiming the world is ending since the idea first occurred to someone that it might. In the year 1000 people all over Europe were in a panic because it had been 1000 years since the death of Jesus and they were sure that that was the 1000 years of peace that the bible spoke about and that after that would come the end.
The Myan long count calendar had amazingly accurate accounts of the stars and planets. Most of the "text" to accompany the glyphs were destroyed by Cortez and the Azteks and what was left was very very incomplete. The Myan people were very superstitious and primitive people. They sacrificed humans to their gods. We can not deduce anything from the information left to make any kind of claims. My question would be : How would these primitive people be privy to this kind of information? We dont have information like this today. The closest we come to accurate predictions is saying its gonna rain tomorrow and even that is not accurate all the time. And on Dec 22 2012 we will all have a big laugh and then the paranoid will start the next big craze and its off the the races again!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

changingfaceoftime.com...

watch the second video from the top from this good conspiracy site changingfaceoftime
it gives good info on 2012

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The only thing that will happen are that some doomsday buffs will start riots and that type of stuff, nothing else. We will still be here the year after and move on with our lifes. No Armageddon, No Plague, No NWO, No Nothing. Everything will keep on ticking. But you are not stupid or crazy just becouse you feel afraid of whats unknown. But You will still be alive and in good spirit the day after.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by reefdiver910
The sad truth of this life is that you can die any moment , A brain Aneurysm can kill in a instant , a car wreck , ilness , Its all lurking out there , thats the fact we have to put up with , and to dwell on when you will die would be a waste of your time alive , there has been alot of "2012" 's through out history and almost every generation has one , i do admitt this one seems to be the mother of them all but if it indeed is our time as a civilization to end then being depressed about it will change NOTHING! my advise to you is to love your family , friends and this earth as much as you can and deal with that day when it arrives ! Praise yah for every day you get and dont think about how many you will not

I think this one is the Mother of them all because of the information age we live in. Prior to the internet this wouldnt have been much more than a few mentions in the Natl Enquirer if that. But now we have the internet and anyone can create a website or blog and spread their opinions all over the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

So true! Everything is like that! There isn't more crime..... we just hear about it more because we have 24/7 news....same thing here.....someone puts an idea online, and it spreads like wildfire....true or not! Good point!

edit on 9-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

Mark 13:32 (New International Version, ©2010)

The Day and Hour Unknown

32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

I highly doubt the day is anywhere near accurate. Why would we as humans be given such info? We abuse everything and everyone on this planet all for our own selfish and self empowering goals.

Ummm. Please speak for yourself only. I do not include myself in your "we". I do not abuse everything and everyone on this planet. I do have some selfish goals but they are not going to be attained through abuse of anyone or anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Be careful, you may or may not by accident put on matching pairs of socks or tomorrow or your car battery may not start...oh man am I terrified just thinking about these things and now another thread (100+ and counting) about 2012...or my wife might leave me because I snore........well wait the wife one actually makes me happy : )

Just joking, I would not worry about 2012 its like flying in a jet once your in the air and feel turbulence you have no control over the situation, sit back order another beer and see what happens...!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
When you see the shuttle being forced down by a meteor shower, run..

edit on 9-2-2011 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

www.space.com...

Is already been forced down but it wasnt a meteor shower.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Seriously mate, put your mind at rest and stop worrying. At last count there were at least 37 diferent theories about what will happen in 2012, and if you include the theory that NOTHING will happen then that makes 38!!!!

Only a very few of these multiple theories include death and devistation. In fact more often than not the theories point at a posative change for human kind. These include the arrival of intelligent aliens who wish to help us solve all our problems, or the arrival of a new "Unity Conciousnes" which will enable us all to live together in peace and harmony. Read about all of these on the internet and rather than being frightend you may end up being excited about the posative changes which may come.

Or, you may realise that there are so many people who are all convinced that what they beleive is going to happen is true, that in fact the they can't all be right, so the natural assumption is that they are all wrong. Whch means theory number 38 is the one to stick with - ie nothing will happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Panicking over such a thing, that is based on the misunderstanding of a very old calendar without any evidence at all to substantiate the claim is i think a sign that you need to learn some techniques to control your anxiety. I would also suggest you stay away from websites like this one because they are not a place for people who are prone to anxiety.

Nothing will happen in 2012, actually no that's a prediction so i shouldn't say that, for all i know a bad terrorist attack will occur, or some random virus kills a load of people. More accurately, nothing will happen that couldn't/hasn't already happened in previous years, no prophecy makes it a special year. Something could happen tomorrow or in 2012 or in 2020, it will be a year like any other.

So calm down, relax and i hope you learn to deal with your anxiety.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join