It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Band together with your fellow Americans, and DON'T COMPLY to the system of your government.

Actually as an American, I am actually quite comfortable with this government and way of life. I go to work everyday and get paid, and come home to my wife and family and enjoy a beer. I go shooting in the woods with my 12 just for sport and I drive a 4x4 dodge truck for random road trips. I am protected as a citizen my my military witch allows me to ensure I am as COMFORTABLE as ever. The reason the world hates us is they think that we are manipulating the rest of the world in order to ensure our almost perfect way of life. Which is totally true. I live comfortably in a near perfect way of life. Survival of the fittest form of government you say,,, I say yes, and we stay very fit to this day , and it feels quite good.

I apologize if this comes off as arrogant, I am only trying to let you know its not so bad here in the good ole, USA.
edit on 3-2-2011 by wiredamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Who did the Nazi surrender to?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Great post...S&F

OK, this is it....

The over 60 crowd had their day in the 70's protest of the Vietnam War. But they are old and weary now.

The under 60 crowd were "educated": to be globalists and actually have little nationalistic fervor left.

Between the two groups you'll find only a precious few willing to do more than bitch about their plight.

Bottom line...we are screwed!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
5 MILLION Russians were killed in WW2 as to 400,000 Americans. They were vastly underequipped and Stalin's battle plan was to use large numbers to rush the Nazis, thus getting them slaughtered. They would NOT have stood a chance on their own.
edit on 3-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Monts

I KNOW it wasn't "just the US that landed at Normandy"
But it was the US at two of the beaches. (Utah and Omaha) and Canada only landed at one beach. Also on top of that, there were two US Airborne forces (101st and 82nd) that landed behind enemy lines (along with the british 6th)

The moral of the story I'm trying to give you here that WITHOUT the US, a push into France would have never been possible. I'm not saying the US is given all the credit, but you are discrediting them completely by saying the war could have been won by just the soviet union. I'd like to hear your argument regarding that, and then I'd like to debunk it. So go ahead.

Well your own words seem to go against your earlier claim that is solely thanks to the US that we won the war.

It is a well known fact that the Normandy Landings were almost a complete disaster- the German army stationed just south at Normandy could have crushed the early landing had Hitler and his Generals not have been sleeping in on the job; in the beginning, America was just as vulnerable to defeat as were the rest of the western allies.

The point I've been trying to make is that without the other allies, the US would have never made it past France.

As for the Soviets, they pushed back from Moscow and Stalingrad starting in 1942, and they didn't take ONE STEP BACK until they were in Berlin.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Actually as an American, I am actually quite comfortable with this government and way of life. I go to work everyday and get paid, and come home to my wife and family and enjoy a beer. I go shooting in the woods with my 12 just for sport and I drive a 4x4 dodge truck for random road trips. I am protected as a citizen my my military witch allows me to ensure I am as COMFORTABLE as ever. The reason the world hates us is they envy a really close to perfect way of life. I live comfortably in a near perfect way of life. Survival of the fittest form of government you say,,, I say yes, and we stay very fit to this day , and it feels quite good.

With fluoride in your water ? with police brutality on the rise ? with your food being genetically modified ? with a health service that destroys health and charges you for it ? with talk of guns being banned ? with leaders that promote eugenics ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Monts

Actually, if you really study history you'll find they didn't surrender. The top NAZIs were allowed to excape to South America and the mid-level ones were brought to the US in Project Paperclip.

link   
reply to post by romanmel

yup your right and imo now we have 2 enemies , tptb and the sheeple

link   
reply to post by Monts

I did not say solely America won the war. You are putting words in my mouth and taking what I said out of context.. I said without America a push into France would not have been possible. This is absolutely true.

Of course they didn't take ONE STEP BACK because they were killed if they tried.

Edit: WWII was won BECAUSE of the people involved, so I was just saying you shouldn't discredit America by saying that the Soviets would have defeated Germany on their own. Without America, or without the British, or without Canada, the war would have had a completely different outcome. That has been my point
edit on 3-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I notice a lot of History is playing out on this thread. So I figure I will add my own piece of history that I haven't seen mentioned.

The bad conditions that many countries now find themselves in did not happen overnight. It has been going on for many many years. What I find funny is how everybody is bickering over history and which country has done more, when in reality we have all been on the same ride. A ride where very few felt the urgency to make any changes despite the warning signs.

No matter how you see it, no country did anything to change the course that we now find ourselves on. Could changing governments solve the problem? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is we are where we are and no amount of history is going to change that fact.

The sad part of all of this is that we would still be enjoying the ride if it wasn't for this bad economy. I would be willing to bet that threads like this one wouldn't even have been made if the economy was booming.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

reply to post by Monts

Actually, if you really study history you'll find they didn't surrender. The top NAZIs were allowed to excape to South America and the mid-level ones were brought to the US in Project Paperclip.

YUP
which lead to MK ULTRA and now genocide through "MEDICINE " on us the people they "protected "from the nazis !
HISTORY is a lie our government are TRAITORS
edit on 3-2-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
too much hate in this world. Im not a tree hugger or a peta evangelist but as a new poster and long time reader im sick and tired of reading this. sorry O.P. instead of critizeing a whole entire continent about a group or faction of people who a majority of american citizens can not tolerate or we are blind, or do not care, blah blah blah. In the end where's my oil ship it and i want it cheap and now. In the end we are in the same boat compadre, " just trying to deal with the deceisions of others and hoping that my deceisions will keep my family safe"

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
hey man ur preaching to the choir here... i dont like how we treat the world either, but what am i to do about it? i make 12 grand a year if im lucky, what am i supposed to do? please tell me what to do, besides pointless elections, emails, letters, or without harming anybody.

in response to our forefathers, and what is happening to them right about now? They arent just rolling over in their graves, they are on a god dam rotisserie. i wish there was something i could do... but right now all i can do is ready myself, and my mind, and those close to me for the coming events.
edit on 3-2-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

A majority of Americans have a lot of pride in their country. Most Americans at an early age are bombarded with patriotism and a false perspective that our country can do no wrong. Don't get me wrong, patriotism for your country is admirable as long as you can see through the propaganda every government in the world spews to their citizens. Let's face it, governments are ruled by people who like "power" and authority. They may enter politics under a sincere notion of improving government, but eventually they all are influenced by the power and old political agenda that has been engraved in our system.

I think your thread is a hard pill for Americans to swallow. It's like over hearing strangers talking about how mean or callous your mother is when all you've known is a loving and nurturing parent. It's difficult to accept it. A majority of Americans know nothing about other cultures, their struggles, or the affect of American foreign policies on other countries. Heck, many Americans don't even know the location of many foreign countries! For a country that prides itself on openness, we are very secluded from the rest of the world when it comes to understanding another countries cultural and political perspectives. Our media paints a positive image of the United States when reporting uprising in other countries. We look at the government crack down on Egypt's protester's, yet we think it would be unconscionable that our government would do the same thing. All you have to do is look back at the Vietnam protests and realize out government used a heavy hand and killed their own citizens. Granted it wasn't anything compared to Egypt's protests, yet do you really think any government including the U.S. would relinquish their power without a fight?

The U.S. has supported numerous dictators that have oppressed other countries citizens based upon "America's interest." It always comes back home to roost. We never knew what it's like to be influenced by another country until China started to influence our economy. Our government feared the influence and spread of communism by the Soviet Union, yet in reality we are doing the same thing throughout the world. We are forcing our ideals and democracy on cultures that need to decide for themselves on whether they want to change their way of life. In the mean time, we are creating enemies two fold. I agree with your thread, but I don't think people in this country will wake up until it affects their pocket books or when their isn't enough food to feed their children.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking

Originally posted by romanmel

reply to post by Monts

YUP
which lead to MK ULTRA and now genocide through "MEDICINE " on us the people they "protected "from the nazis !
HISTORY is a lie our government are TRAITORS
edit on 3-2-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

WWII was a job left undone and a slight of hand by TPTB crafted a victory for the facists in plaace of defeat. We now face our facist overloards in a struggle for freedom.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I say let the fracking system collaspe, it's only a concept people believe in it out of being born ignorant.
Down with the whole system man let the fighting and wars begin with bloodshed, hit the the ole refresh button!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Im in your boat, lets just find enough people in the world who are in that boat and start to rock it. Seems to be the cycle over history. A group of unhappy people who share the same train of thought try to impose there thoughts on others who think otherwise who are apart of a different group who is doing the EXACT SAME THING. That's all im saying. To each is own

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, it is true that it is a "many-headed monster" so to speak... and that it is a conspiracy on all levels of most countries.

But the heart of the beast- the central processing unit of the machine is America.

If the American branch of the machine falls, the rest will crumble along with it.

All things built on curroption will fall, the prophecy speaks of this.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Well said

This clip pretty much sums up how smart Canadians think Americans are:

This used to be played every Canada Day on CBC XD

It is surprising really how ignorant some Americans are when it comes to knowing about other countries and cultures, and it is no surprise with that in mind that they are easily led to patriotically believe their country and system is flawless.

I was expecting some patriotic flaming to happen after my OP- it seems that regardless of how bad you portray America in a thread that is about American policy, people don't care. But as soon as you make a thread specifically about how bad America is, it is like pushing the big red "don't push" button that instantly invigorates patriotic sentiments of being offended.

It is admirable in a sense- but I think that a lot of Americans see an anti-American message as a personal attack on themselves... when indeed they themselves say the exact same things- minus the title and foreign status.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

so your telling us that we should stop working, and stop paying taxes? So we our selves live in poverty lose everything we know, and starve to death?
edit on 3-2-2011 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join