A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just to help you get a grip on reality...I know there are Canadians who are blessed with a sense of superior intellect and giftings. God I so wish Canada could simply lead this world into a better and brighter future.

But the stark reality about the world is, is that there are evil people who hate for the sake of hate. They would hate America if we had an army of 1 and a navy comprised of an inflatable raft.

Your intuitive perspective is refreshing, and original in coming to conclusions that most of the world hates us. I know most of the middle east hates us, but that is because of our close bond is Israel.

Your racist view of Jews is clear, yet you tried to hide your hate by qualifying a difference between Zionists and normal Israelis.

If we were left in your capable hands, I'm sure our military would be much smaller, everyone would be covered with health care, and all would have food and shelter provided for them as needed.

But, the government would run out of money, the enemies of our countries would be knocking at our doors and we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves.

Your idealistic ramblings seem good emotionally but as usual with idealists....reality and ideals rarely have an opportunity to come together and work.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
All the US presence did to end the first world war was demoralize an already exhausted German war machine. Both sides were ready to give up- Germany biffed first so they payed the price.

And US Troops shored up exhausted British and French troops when they were almost bled white.

As I recall, it was the Soviets who encircled Berlin and capitulated the Nazi's- not the US. And it was thanks to the brave heroics of British and Canadian pilots that Hitler had to cancel his plans to invade Britain and invade the USSR instead- before the US even entered the war.

And it was US, British and Canadian troops that went ashore in Normandy.

And you also forgot that there were American pilots flying with the RAF and RCAF. You know, volunteers.
edit on 3-2-2011 by jerico65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi
reply to post by indianajoe77

The US constitution was little different until amended much later. It specified that "citizens" were white male landowners. Also, about your rights- all US rights are suspended in a state of emergency- as of 9/11 & the Patriot Acts I & II.

I've heard that on the interwebs somewhere:
That's' only half funny as our rights are"rights" and not privileges granted by the govt. As long as I take my "rights" seriously I can "protect" at least the immediate 25 yards around me. want to arrest me for dissent or a "thought crime"? Really want to ride that train?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why is this RANT not in the RANT forum?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

but if you count all the Nato-influenced countries and Israel, then it's modern American weapons.

Well, don't you think it would be a bit odd if a NATO country was buying it's weapons from China or Russia? Of course a "NATO-influenced" country is going to buy weapons from the US or another NATO country.

In fact, for the last ten years, America has been the largest exporter of weapons in the world

That's in millions of dollars. Just means that the US has expensive toys. And how many are in actual combat right now? Most of the warring nations (excluding the US) are banging away with Soviet weapons. AKs, RPGs, etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Monts

You would not have made it past France without America. You're welcome.

Once again my friend, If you would actually do the research you would see the actual relative power the US gave in the last year of world war 1.

The Hundred Days Offensive, the last offensive of the war that pushed the Germans back, was fought almost entirely by the French, British, and Canadian. If you look at the casualties, 127 000 Americans died in the offensive compared to 411 000 and 531 000 British and French casualties, respectively... and that certainly isn't because Americans were "more skilled" than the others

In fact, the few battles the Americans fought in this offensive are generally viewed as some of the toughest.

Besides help the French win a couple battles, all the Americans did was give hope to the battle-hardened allies who had been fighting and had resisted the last German offensive almost entirely by themselves.

edit on 3/2/1111 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
...and the people that went to North America and created the EMPIRE came from where ?
Go figure.
Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I was talking about WWII, most specifically Normandy. The war would not have been won without America. Period.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I dont know what I find funnier about this thread, Your captain obvious approach or the morons who gave you a star for it. Bright ones arent you all?
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: clyde

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

All the US presence did to end the first world war was demoralize an already exhausted German war machine. Both sides were ready to give up- Germany biffed first so they payed the price.

As always people try to belittle US contributions.
Come on now American blood runs just as red as the British, French, German and canuks...

Battle of Belleau Wood

Sie waren Teufelshunde

As I recall, it was the Soviets who encircled Berlin and capitulated the Nazi's- not the US. And it was thanks to the brave heroics of British and Canadian pilots that Hitler had to cancel his plans to invade Britain and invade the USSR instead- before the US even entered the war.

As I recall the US/West ended up with the largest part of Germany. Also sitting in control of Japan. WWII wasn't just fought in Europe although many here at ATS do have that Euro-centric view of WWII.
edit on 3-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
They would hate America if we had an army of 1 and a navy comprised of an inflatable raft.

Wait..what. Canada has a raft. Does that mean our warning system went from light-light-yellow to light-yellow? And what happened to the other half of the Canadian military?

link   

Originally posted by MontsAs I recall, it was the Soviets who encircled Berlin and capitulated the Nazi's- not the US. And it was thanks to the brave heroics of British and Canadian pilots that Hitler had to cancel his plans to invade Britain and invade the USSR instead- before the US even entered the war.

Wow, I hesitate to turn this into a military history lesson for you but it is apparent to me that you have a skewed version of history for some reason. That said, I think you need one so here goes.

About the Soviets taking Berlin – that is indeed a fact; however, it was a calculated political decision not one based on a lack of military desire or ability to do so:

Battle for Berlin

the end of March 1945, the European phase of the Second World War was close to an end. The Soviet armies were thirty miles east of Berlin and encountering fierce resistance on their way to Germany’s capital. General Eisenhower’s armies were about 200 miles west of Berlin, but encountering light resistance as they rapidly advanced eastward.

In Early March 1945 Churchill tried to talk Ike into capturing Berlin. (Dwight D. Eisenhower Library) Eisenhower was advised to strike toward Berlin. Winston Churchill sent the Supreme Commander cables urging him to order his 21st Army Group under Field Marshal Montgomery to attack and capture the capital city.

General George Patton believed Monty’s forces could get to Berlin in less than three days and implored his friend Ike to order the attack.

Instead, in mid-April, Ike ordered his allied armies to halt all eastward movement at the Elbe river line leaving the 21st Army Group about 70 miles from Berlin, and then to move both south into Czechoslovakia and north to the Baltic Sea to eliminate remaining elements of the Wehrmacht.

Further, without the lend lease program the Soviet Army would have been dead in the water before the War really even kicked off.

Facts from the lend Lease Program

Soviet Weapons Losses in 1941 (The First Six Months Of The War)
One of the most compelling reasons for Western Allied assistance to Russia was the incredibly heavy losses of weapons and equipment suffered during the first months of the German invasion. The following examples illustrate the severity of those losses.

72% of all Tanks.
34% of all Combat Aircraft.
56% of all Small-arms and Machine guns.
69% of all Anti-Tank guns.
59% of all Field guns and Mortars.

By any standard of Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) this was a complete and utter disaster making the Army basically combat ineffective.

Please understand I am trying to take anything from the resilience of the Russian people. They are some tough mothers to be sure...but they hardly "marched into" Berlin under thier own power.

I am not going to get into the same detail for the Air Battles for the skies over Britton but I can assure you they wouldn’t have lasted very long without the economic power of the US behind them. You can do your own research there.

Bottom line is I know it's "hip" nowdays to bash America and you are welcome to your opinions in that regard but not to make up facts.

edit on 3/2/2011 by Golf66 because: oops alignment error

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

Your racist view of Jews is clear, yet you tried to hide your hate by qualifying a difference between Zionists and normal Israelis.

Whoa dude.

That's not true... I made it clear I have nothing at all against Jews.

I said that I have nothing wrong with Jews living in what was once called Palestine... and I have nothing against Jews... AT ALL.

I am against Zionists, and so are a lot of Jews:

Even Mr. Anti-Semetic himself seems to be on the side of the REAL Jews...

Don't accuse people of Racism unless you KNOW what racism is.

Racism is hate of another socially constructed "race" based on their cultural and physical differences. I am hating on Zionists- a political religious extremist version of Judaism. I'm against the ideology, not the people.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Monts

I was talking about WWII, most specifically Normandy. The war would not have been won without America. Period.

I think it could be argued that the Nazis would have fallen to the Soviets regardless of whether or not America came into the fight.

And I think it would be ignorant to say that the US alone is responsible for winning the war- all the allies worked together to win the war- it wasn't just the US who landed at Normandy...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
HOW IS TALKING ABOUT WW2 ON TOPIC MOD ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I KNOW it wasn't "just the US that landed at Normandy"
But it was the US at two of the beaches. (Utah and Omaha) and Canada only landed at one beach. Also on top of that, there were two US Airborne forces (101st and 82nd) that landed behind enemy lines (along with the british 6th)

The moral of the story I'm trying to give you here that WITHOUT the US, a push into France would have never been possible. I'm not saying the US is given all the credit, but you are discrediting them completely by saying the war could have been won by just the soviet union. I'd like to hear your argument regarding that, and then I'd like to debunk it. So go ahead.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Yeah it's always a little difficult being number one. All the "lessers" take shots at you.

You're argument is very old and very tired. You have failed to list an original provoking thought amongst your entire ramble.

Once we regroup from our little experiment known as Obama, we'll put forth a true leader and forge further ahead of the rest of the developing world.

I appreciate your post but really man, it's very very old.

Becker
edit on 3-2-2011 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

I'm just using the quote function here to reiterate a post that reflects the absolute and undeniable truth. (Thank you, Becker).

Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
THIS IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD
All revolutions in history have all started as grass-roots movements in centered in community, and you have every opportunity to make history repeat itself, in a PEACEFUL manner. Band together with your fellow Americans, and DON'T COMPLY to the system of your government.

NOT ww2

edit on 3-2-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Even if the Battle of Berlin was a politically motivated advance, and even if the allies ended up with most of Germany, as another member indicated, the Soviet Union fought a much longer, larger, and harder battle than the other allied forces. They fought from the outskirts of Moscow all the way to Berlin over a 3 year period, where as the other allies, America included, fought for part of France and about half of Germany for less than a year.

Sure, America funded the Soviets, but as all conspiracy nuts here know, American elites funded the Nazi's in the first place.

The point I'm trying to make is that people here first accuse me of bashing Americans, so they play the pity role by saying they saved all of our A$$es in the World Wars, and we would all be Nazis now if it weren't for America... when this is not the truth at all. We ALL fought TOGETHER during the wars, and neither America nor the other Allies could have succeeded alone.

I try and point this out and get bashed again.

It seems to me that SOME Americans have a skewed version of history in which they think they alone are solely responsible for winning the war.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join