A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Tea party starts trying to bring the country back to founding principles and ideals, away from what it is right now. And you eurotrash do nothing but bitch and complain about the tea party and americans. You can't have it both ways. Listen less to your brainwashing media and start thinking for yourselves.

America won't go back to what it was by following liberalism. Though you wouldn't mind liberalism trying to cut the US down to your level.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Hmmm... you seem to have forgotten to do some important math.

Dollars per person given to charity in the US: $95.56
Dollars per person given to charity in Canada: $111.11

Not to mention the US has waaaaaaayyyyy more money than Canada.

OK now let's use some REAL dollars. No, not all of it goes to Governments and or Israel. Americans may give less per-ca-pita but WAAYYYYYYYYYYYY more in real dollars....
I think you'll need to reread your source...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey You!
America! You're wrong. I'm right.

Read all about it here.......bla bla blah.

ANOTHER one of these threads?

Again?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When the riots star here i will come! We need a spark to move us americans butts. Hope the spark comes soon. Change of our system is long over due.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

While you Americans were sitting on YOUR A$$es for the first three years of both world wars, we were fighting overseas.... and in both cases, you may have helped win the wars, but you most certainly weren't the sole reason why they were won.

Well is it our fault that when the Brits say jump Canada asks how high?

Canada didn't really have any more real reasons to go to war in Europe than we Yanks at the time did. If anything we were getting a hell of a lot more of our commerce vessels sunk by U-Boats than you were and we got attacked at Pearl Harbor. Why did your country go? Oh yeah you guys fought for all of the British Empires remaining and dwindling possessions...

Give us a break...

At the time of World War I, Canada was still bound to go to war with the British. We had no control over that decision, and whatever the reasons were behind that war in the first place, we were out their fighting while American leaders were just sitting around waiting around for the right time to jump in on the action.

If you open a history book, you would see that the reason the US went to war was because a BRITISH passenger cruiser carrying Americans was sunk by German U-boats- after refusing to heed to countless warnings of German naval powers to not enter that part of the ocean.

Then you jumped in and finished the fight...

Canada was given more sovereignty by the Statute of Westminster, and in World War 2 we went to war by our own accord; in fact we declared war a few days after Britain did.

We were out there fighting the Nazi's for 3 years- especially in the battle of Britain, while Americans sat around and waited for their moment... while some Americans even funded the Nazis.

And who exactly is you "security umbrella" protecting us from?

Exactly how old are you? Do know anything of the Cold War and what NORAD is and what it stood for and who bank rolled it's development?

Sure it's easy to sit there after the fact and ignore real history.
pfft

Sure, you developed NORAD, but the entire point was to protect the US from the Soviets- not Canada. It was simply more convenient to have all the bases installed on canuck territory, seeing as how we'd see the missiles fly right over us on their route to Washington. If Canada and the US switched geographic spots, would the US have done anything to protect Canada? Would Canada even have to worry about being attacked?

The Cold war was a fight in between the US and the USSR- not Canada and the USSR. We were just dragged into YOUR struggle for dominance along with the rest of the world and had to choose sides- not like we could have chosen the other or refused NORAD even if we wanted to

NORAD was useless anyways- as soon as missiles came along, its only point of existence was to tell the governments to get their A$$es to the bunker if they saw the missiles coming- it could do NOTHING to stop missiles from hitting Canadian cities. Absolutely NOTHING!

It seems to me that while you are not ignoring history... you are twisting it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

When the riots star here i will come! We need a spark to move us americans butts.

If you feel that Americans need to move their butts, why don't you valiantly lead the charge?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Fair enough- the post I was replying to linked solely to the US government spending without including private spending.

Imagine if US citizens put that money towards getting rid of their debt and re-build their country- not saying that's the right thing to do, but I'm sure a lot of conservatives would agree with that premise.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Despite all that, I'd still rather be an American citizen (which I am) than a citizen of any other country. It's possible to do awesome stuff here; it's safe; we're a rich and powerful country; and our quality of life is high. Capitalism has raised more people out of poverty than anything else, ever. No other system is as successful as ours, even though we're not perfect. No system is perfect. Things aren't bad enough here for the population to do anything about it.

I respect your desire to live here, but the things you brag about are in truth much lower than our peer nations. Our quality of live if far lower some other western nations, especially those of Scandanavia and the Dutch. We certainly are not safe here -- America has a crime rate and violent culture that terrifies many outside the States. Our prison population is the highest per capita than the developed world. Our healthcare outcomes are very poor, on par with Turkey and Chile, but below all of developed Europe and even nations like Uraguay. We are less educated, not sure where on that list, but I know our literacy and basic knowledge of science and math is WAY below others. We are more superstitious -- too many of our beliefs are based off religious or political views (news.nationalgeographic.com...).

Of course, we are fat. How can you tell the Americans in a crowd of tourists -- they are the fattests (unless they are from coastal CA or Colorado). We are so fat we have sky rocketing heart disease in teens. We have epidemic rates of diabetes.

We are angry and are corporations rape the rest of the world (and they rape us financially).

Sorry man, this ain't the America of your youth. We all need to wake up and be accountable to reverse our sick course.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
S&F

I barely know one person that's 'awake'. If you stop saying things because they are 'old' or 'unoriginal', it's not going to get us far. MSM repeats the same garbage day in and day out, and that's a lot to go up against.
edit on 3-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Actually considering China owns a great amount of our debt shouldn't this thread be directed at them? Because after all it's their $$ thats funding all the stuff your listing..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

What am I supposed to do?

Target the people who run the country?

Dear powers that be:

Please stop your satanic agenda of global dominance and depopulation.

Monts.

I target the American people because only THEY can attack the people who run THEIR country!

Are you freaking serious dude?
Look, it's that easy:

What are the American public supposed to do?

Target the people who run their country?

Dear powers that be:

Please stop your satanic agenda of global dominance and depopulation.

The American Public.

You forgot to add:

While this guy in Canada that calls himself "mont" sits back and says to the people in the U.S., "I'm fighting to the last drop of your blood".

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I see your point... but since when do Canadians have any kind of power to change US policy, even if we were to form a government that wasn't pro-American?

The answer is fairly simple to me. As a Canadian, don't try to change U.S. policy. You can't do it, and it will only get you all riled up - oh, too late.

There must be some issue(s) closer to (your) home that could use your good intentions.

And in exchange, I promise I won't create any ATS threads telling Canadians to engage in any sort of activism in order to change Canada's healthcare system more to my liking.

edit on 2/3/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

I barely know one person that's 'awake'. If you stop saying things because they are 'old' or 'unoriginal', it's not going to get us far. MSM repeats the same garbage day in and day out, and that's a lot to go up against.

Excellent point!

Monte

Imagine if US citizens put that money towards getting rid of their debt and re-build their country- not saying that's the right thing to do, but I'm sure a lot of conservatives would agree with that premise.

Sounds easy enough dosn't it? Do you have any comprehension of the mechanics involved in bringing something as simple as that to fruition? You're not even real.
edit on 3-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

well in both wars we americans, had to come save your and the brits butts in both wars.
if it wasn't for the u.s. who most of it's citizens did not want to have any part of either war.
the whole world would be speaking german right now.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

well done for turning into a canada vs usa issue .
What do i expect this is ats the home of never ending debate about specifics instead of action .
I had high hopes for this forum but its nothing but a maze of debates and walls of text that mean Nothing and lead Nowhere .
like conspiracy theory rats trapped in a maze of disinfo and "debunking "
debunk this you are accomplishing nothing .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OK, let's do it America. There's a Starbucks at the corner of First and Main. Let's meet there tomorrow morning at 10:00. For those of you coming from out out town, there's Holiday Inn not far from there (ask for Gus, he'll make sure you get clean sheets). Use your Google maps people. This is going to be huge.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I'm not trying to say America is the worst empire that has ever existed

From the first post in this thread.

the most powerful and ruthless empire that has ever existed.

No you never technically said we were the worst ever. You just said we were the most ruthless bullies on the planet and that we support the most violent country in the world. Double talk doesn't make twice as much sense.

Yes we support some evil people. So does Canada, England, France and dozens of other countries. We have a lot of problems, but you really need to look in your own back yard. The difference is that a lot of people in America want to pull back and stay out of foreign affairs. Despite our government's actions the American people are very much isolationist. We don't want an empire. Unfortunately the state department and big business saw a huge opportunity after WWII. There was a power vacum and a manufacturing vacum. They took advantage of that under the guise of humanitarian aid.

The people went along with it because we wanted to rebuild Europe and get home. Unfortunately things did not turn out the way we wanted. The state department was working to protect big business while telling us it was about freedom. Given the fact tat we had just finished a war that destroyed two evil empires we believed it. Unfortunately the government recieved the benifit of the doubt for three decades. They had a long time to entrench the empire.

During that time the Russian empire emerged and we really did have to fight against the spread of communism. Basically we had to protect America, and most of reconstructing Europe, from people that were just as power hungry as our business leaders and bueraucrats. They would have happily wiped us out to spread their power and extract wealth from the third world. They would have done it in ways that make our actions seem benign in comparison. We entered the cold war and stood in the breech as the world's protector. Unfortunately by the time it ended in the 1980s we had forgotten how to make a dollar during peace.

Americans actually understand this. Well, many Americans. Many of us do march, write letters and spread the word. The fact is that we are fighting a bueraucracy and power structure that had 40 years nearly unchallenged to set it self up. Americans grew relatively wealthy off of it and didn't think to question it for most of that time. Now, they have spent a decade waking up. The Tea Party was the first sign that there is true hunger for change.

In other words give us time and work on your own problems. We know our history and our problems. We're working on them. It may take a while but change will come. That has always been the American way.

(Before anybody says it, I know the Tea Party has been infiltrated and taken over by neo-cons. It had a strong and vital begining though. It shows that there is still hope.)

edit on 3-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Monts

No, I think you did 'buddy'. How does 4 billion equal 28 billion?

If our government were to contribute that much to poverty, Canadians would be paying 700 dollars a piece- almost 8 times more a person than every American pays.

It's not about the total amount of money given- it's about the relative amount of money given... i.e. the amount of money we give in proportion to the money we have.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

You have to start somewhere to dismantle the system, and seeing as how the US has the largest military, and makes the most guns that are put directly into the hands of warring countries, it seems to me like it is the best place to start

Hey, Highspeed. Do you know that when the Soviet Union was alive and kicking, they were GIVING AWAY AK-47 rifles?

Check out those warring countries. Wanna guess what weapon they are using?

Well if you count communist/militias, then its soviet-era weapons...

but if you count all the Nato-influenced countries and Israel, then it's modern American weapons.

In fact, for the last ten years, America has been the largest exporter of weapons in the world

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by centurion1211

well done for turning into a canada vs usa issue .
What do i expect this is ats the home of never ending debate about specifics instead of action .
I had high hopes for this forum but its nothing but a maze of debates and walls of text that mean Nothing and lead Nowhere .
like conspiracy theory rats trapped in a maze of disinfo and "debunking "
debunk this you are accomplishing nothing .

Well LMAO in anutshell you're right.
Ghost what did you think, that this was going to be the citizens place to conspire? We are here to learn and share info and seek the truth where we have the opportunity. If you can squeeze fun in there, then all the better.
:
There are laws against things that could go on here pard. ATS has to cover their azz. You know? Give it some thought.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join