It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ALL Americans. READ!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Imagine if all non-Americans who work for supposedly American interests, all around the world, stopped.

There is no America. The rest of the world would crumble without America ... America would crumble without the rest of the world. We passed the point of relevant nationalism a long time ago, but people hang onto it out of fear and ignorance. The world is a global network of interdependence.

Again, your beef, common and relevant as it might be, might be borne of hopelessness and futility, and might be better served by ulterior reflection, rather than a senseless screed on a certain color on the map.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lkelly1965
Uh..wasn't Israel established by the U.N.? Now that would be a post I could respect! Monts, whip me up a ANTI-U.N. thread and I would follow you to the end! I disagree with the majority of the post, just my opinion though, but I do think that is what the Tea Party is all about. Tone down the rhetoric and pompous platitudes and write something that isn't deserving of a soap box.

It was the UN that "created" Israel, but the US was the one who pushed for it, and the one who has kept funding Israel to this day.

Without doubt the United Nations is one of the funniest jokes around- A "global organization for peace" that has seen dozens of wars over its 60 year history, and that has "permanent" security members like Russia and the US who can veto a vote if they don't want any action.

The US does what it wants regardless of what the UN decides- Vietnam, Bay of Pigs, Iraq War- whatever the situation, the US could care less what the joke of the UN wants- which just proves how useless it is and how the US takes advantage of the illusionary status of "peacekeeper" that comes with being on the security council.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i think it was thomas jefferson who first said it: "dont hate the playa hate da game"

and just fyi a lot of that OP was off target (but i guess its always an uphill battle when you generalize a nation of people) i (an american) dont care for iran china or NK but it has little to do with media brainwashing and much more to do with human rights especially those of women... there are a million points u could have picked to poke at america but the ones you choose are very cliché in the context of an intelligent debate...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayln2010
i think it was thomas jefferson who first said it: "dont hate the playa hate da game"

and just fyi a lot of that OP was off target (but i guess its always an uphill battle when you generalize a nation of people) i (an american) dont care for iran china or NK but it has little to do with media brainwashing and much more to do with human rights especially those of women... there are a million points u could have picked to poke at america but the ones you choose are very cliché in the context of an intelligent debate...

Ok... what points would you have used?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Here you go, hoss:

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Check it out. I know I did.

[Sorry for off-topic, post.]

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey OP ... As a fellow Edmontonian I would like to say nice thread! Everything you wrote is TRUE ... but it is also TRUE of ALL NATO countries! We must look at our own because us Canadians are heading down the same road! We as a GLOBAL COMMUNITY must travel in the same direction or else it WILL happen to us what is happening to the greater world! What I'm wondering is if this IS part of the global dominance plan!

Always beware and always be wiling to fight. Our freedom and sanity is a stake!
edit on 3-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: edited

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I'm not suggesting that America vanish off the face the earth- I am suggesting that Americans rise up and clean up the mess of corruption that is the military-industrial complex that rules their country.

If the World, especially America, were able to cleanse itself of the Global Power-brokers, would not we be able to at least steer the ship towards a less violent and oppressive future?

My point is that people have power- as powerful as the Global Power-brokers are, their biggest enemy and greatest fear is the people they rule over, for they know without their compliance and labor, their power would vanish.

You have to start somewhere to bring down the system- as attractive as ulterior reflection sounds, I would rather try to spend my time to spur and create optimistic feelings and motives rather than wallowing in pessimism and waiting for the world to end.
edit on 3/2/1111 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
If you have any idea of how an economy works, you would know that in order for the powers that be to stay up top, they need the labor power of the people to keep them afloat.

Labour is the key to all economics- without labor, there are no products (see Marx's writings on commodities), and society will crumble.

A United American people would have the power over labor, which is THE most valuable product. What powers would the powers that be have if no one would comply with and work in their system?

That is just the economic side of the coin... I think if you take the time to think about the point you made, you would realize the other 300 millions sides to that coin that have collective power to create change.

Hey, that has nothing to do with what I said. Nevermind tho.

So what's going to be the outcome, in your opinion, if every US citizen stopped paying taxes?

Are you all for a violent anarchy rebellion? Kind of like what's in Egypt? Because I can't understand how are you suggesting to end the tyranny (if you may
) in a practical way? It will also help if you state the desired outcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

What's hard to understand is most members on this site complain exactly what your thread was about. Yet since your not from the U.S., you have no right to state an outsiders view about this country. I myself welcome it, because before the internet, people from different parts of the world couldn't have a dialog with each other. It really gives people in this country the perspective of what other people think from other parts of the world. I truly believe the internet in time will be an avenue in creating peace in the world. The people of the world have been so used to getting their information from their own countries media and official government statements. When Americans travel abroad, they find that the majority of people from other countries are just like us. We can sit down laugh and have a friendly conversation with each other. Yet we connect the people from other countries with their governments policies and propaganda. I would hate to see members of this site from other countries be reluctant to post threads on this issue because of the fear of backlash.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Is the huge conspiracy that is ruling over your lives not obvious? Have you ever wondered why most of the world hates the US and do things like fly planes into buildings?

If you answered no, let me point it out to you. And this is all FACT.

If most of the world hates the U.S. then why do they keep immigrating here?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is something greater than the U.S itself ....This is pretty much global in nature.

Fellow Albertan,

AS
edit on 3-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Funny you should mention that. I was sacraficing a goat with my neighbor the other day, we were to late to attend the stoning of some Iranian harlet, and Achmed said to me 'You are the beast'. And I said, no my zionist friend, Bush said it himself North Korea, Iran, and Canada are the axises of evil. And he said Canada? are you sure about that. And I said, of course, I read the news. And he said, I can see North Korea and Iran, but Canada. How can Canada be in the axis of evil. And I said, well their main export is petroleum products. That's oil Achmed, the stuff that wars are made from. And Achmed says just because a country produces something, you can't hold all the people responsible. Then I cut off his head

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
As long as "we" get to see grown adults getting paid more money to play a goddamn GAME, than entire countries get to feed their entire population...
"All is well" "life is good", blahblahblah.

No disrespect man but that is the typical communism vs capitalism argument.. USA is already one of the world biggest financial aiders if not the biggest one..
Should they be the world financial saviors to an extent of not having culture? And yes, sports are also a part of culture.

By that logic, every advanced country is guilty of allowing itself to have a better lifestyle "at the expense" of not helping the poorer countries.
In that case, the entire world is garbage my friend.. not only the USA.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

As long as "we" get to see grown adults getting paid more money to play a goddamn GAME, than entire countries get to feed their entire population...

No disrespect man but that is the typical communism vs capitalism argument.. USA is already one of the world biggest financial aiders if not the biggest one..
Should they be the world financial saviors to an extent of not having culture? And yes, sports are also a part of culture.

By that logic, every advanced country is guilty of allowing itself to have a better lifestyle "at the expense" of not helping the poorer countries.

Hence my statement above ... I'm also an Edmontonian (as the OP) ... but I'm trying to put this into a global light ... not a "local" one.
edit on 3-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: structure

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

^id say americans are more sheep like when it comes to the handling of the USD and the sell for profit tactics we use on things that we used to use as tax earners like selling toll roads and parking meters to other nations to help against our own debt
the entire country is becoming privatized in a way that was never intended to help the people prosper...

thats just off the top of my head

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by Ahmose

You are employed by the same joke as well then I guess...still why dont you just move somewhere else...just curious...?

Yes I am a Marine, but not active duty anymore...but always a Marine for life.

No,
I am not.
But that's another subject for another time/place.

in regards to your question..

To quote my first post~ "If I had the resources"

What does that mean to you?

Perhaps that I cannot "afford" to move to where I feel i need to be. ?

Yeah, Something like that.

and sure, I could go jump on the "slave my days away for corporations who don;t give a $%^& about me, and pretend that Im doing something that actually "matters" bandwagon..
Which in turn would give me the 'resources" I need ...
But I have my own "morals"... "Silly" as they may seem to you or anyone else..
and I will "make due" with what I have, and where I am..
Before I return to being a mindless slave for nothing but paper money.

I am where I am,
and like it or not, I am "stuck" here, for now..
But that does not mean I cannot voice my feelings/opinions/etc on it, without being called a "joke".
I can, Just as you can.
I didnt call you a lemming did I?

But believe me..
If I did have the resources.. (or when I do)~if ever.. lol
I would leave, I assure you.

Want it even simpler than that?

I am POOR.
(it really hinders one's ability to just leave to wherever , whenever they wish.)

Why am I "poor"?

Because I no longer embrace the "american dream"..
I no longer strive to "make as much paper as possible".
It's quite simple...
init's own semi-complicated way.. lol

When I said I am "so far removed" from everything that makes this place what it is,
these people who they are...
I meant it.
No need to go further into it.

Does that "work" for you?

Hope so.

I have family who are in both the marines, and the army....
Funny enough..
Most of them understand exactly where Im coming from.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by Ahmose

You are employed by the same joke as well then I guess...still why dont you just move somewhere else...just curious...?

Yes I am a Marine, but not active duty anymore...but always a Marine for life.

No,
I am not.
But that's another subject for another time/place.

in regards to your question..

To quote my first post~ "If I had the resources"

What does that mean to you?

Perhaps that I cannot "afford" to move to where I feel i need to be. ?

Yeah, Something like that.

and sure, I could go jump on the "slave my days away for corporations who don;t give a $%^& about me, and pretend that Im doing something that actually "matters" bandwagon..
Which in turn would give me the 'resources" I need ...
But I have my own "morals"... "Silly" as they may seem to you or anyone else..
and I will "make due" with what I have, and where I am..
Before I return to being a mindless slave for nothing but paper money.

I am where I am,
and like it or not, I am "stuck" here, for now..
But that does not mean I cannot voice my feelings/opinions/etc on it, without being called a "joke".
I can, Just as you can.
I didnt call you a lemming did I?

But believe me..
If I did have the resources.. (or when I do)~if ever.. lol
I would leave, I assure you.

Want it even simpler than that?

I am POOR.
(it really hinders one's ability to just leave to wherever , whenever they wish.)

Why am I "poor"?

Because I no longer embrace the "american dream"..
I no longer strive to "make as much paper as possible".
It's quite simple...
init's own semi-complicated way.. lol

When I said I am "so far removed" from everything that makes this place what it is,
these people who they are...
I meant it.
No need to go further into it.

Does that "work" for you?

Hope so.

I have family who are in both the marines, and the army....
Funny enough..
Most of them understand exactly where Im coming from.

Peace

You want to run away but you can't, you don't have enough money, and you don't want to have a job because you don't want to "slave away" your life like the "rest of the sheeple"?

Sorry if this is really a bigger problem, but if you don't mind me asking - why won't you just find at a smalltime business or a firm, something which is not a corporate so you won't feel like you're "slaving away", but rather starting to move things in order to get out of the country you so want to leave?

I'm not trying to offend in any way but it seems that all of your anger is only because you can't find a job? And it's not that you can't.. you can, you're simply refusing to do it because of the excuse that you'd feel like you're a slave.

Buddy, the global working class is HUGE. Why are your morals so high that you can't be just like everyone else and get a job IF ONLY for a few years to run away from the USA like you so desire??

?!!!!!!!!
I really don't get it.
edit on 3-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

No disrespect felt.
No worries.

No, "they" shouldn't be the "worlds financial saviors"..
But :"they" should give more to (at the very least) their own people,
Veterans who live on the streets, who have fought WARS for this country, hungry children on practically every street, homeless children on many more..
Elderly folks who have to work until death.. simply so they can eat..
, etc, etc, etc..

Before they go paying trillions of dollars to people for playing games.
That is not what "culture" is about.

No disagreement there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

To OP ...

You obviously don't see this from our (the Amercans) perspective. We can't do anything because that requires a LOT of momentum. Even less getting people to unite under one goal. Most people here either don't wanna get off their asses or love the bliss of ignorance. We live in a matrix that the people are brainwashed to support the very matrix that enslaved them. Until some economic collapse was to suddenly happen right mow the average American doesn't care till SHTF.

It's all a matter of awakening. This isn't just America though, the only reason Egypt has it's protest is because SHTF there. Most other countries either haven't experience it yet or are use to being in a poor country (not saying they enjoy it).

How about doing what you preach? Go and inform people I. Your country about the bad and ills in your own country. If you can do that and get them to care I will take your statement seriously. Till then I'll just assume your like the million other narrow minded people in the world who assume the character of few determine the character of the whole. Americans don't truly elect their present you know...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I respect your views and in many parts I totally agree unfortunately to label America as one of the most brutal regimes of all time not so much. The truth is every country which has had a chance has tried to rule the world. England yeah we know you as well. France you had your shot Napolean wasnt a rosy guy was he? Germany yeah we know all about them and what they have done. What about Rome and Caeser? The Ottoman empire was rather large and far reaching as well. Alexander the Great had a nice run with the Macedonian Empire, which took over the Persian Empire. The Huns, Arabs, Incas,Egyptians, Mongols. Then you throw Russia up there like they were'nt in a pissing contest right alongside America were they not in Afghanistan too? Did they not just railroad Georgia? Dont be mad because America has succeeded where others may have fallen. Everybody has there time. You think we don't bare scares, you think we are not crumbling as a super power? It may very well be China you speak of in this manner in the near future. I bet Tibet and Taiwan wont be so happy. This cycle never ends It didnt start with The United States and its not gonna end with us either. You think Americas is the most brutal?!?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join