It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Exopolitics" Group Claims Stunning UFO Proof!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i doubt there is any real evidence. Don't get me wrong, i believe in aliens but i doubt they have hardcore evidence that proves ETs exist.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
do you know if this wil be on tv? if so what channel please let me know

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

It might, but the reason you know only idiots and total hippies will pay the fee, is that anyone else would want laboratory grade proof that the methods work, and no such proof exists.
If its as you say , and the training for sending rather than reciept, then there are STILL proofs which must be applied in the name of proper investigation, and the fact that Greer just hasnt proven his methods in an independant environment, has not provided one shred of information as to the exact mechanics of how this works to the journals of science , or to ANYONE without making them pay through the nose for it means that even if he CAN send a text to andromeda and back, hes still full of crap!
No matter the method hes using, wether its the one I would trust (radio waves or pulses of energy of a different nature, perhaps gamma pulses) or the one he would trust (summoning the master id into a point and blasting it out in the direction of his target) there will be a way to prove its legitimacy , and the only logical reason a man can have for NOT validating his claims is either A) Hes Jesus Christ and doesnt need to prove anything to us mortals or B) His claims are a pile of dung, smell worse, and have less technical use in the field they are to be found in. The man is NOT Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Why are you so passive? If that's what you think needs to be done, go do it. Neither ATS nor any other forum is equipped to do research. You don't need a forum's sanction to go study Greer's "technique" or invoke the scientific method. I think ATS would listen to your results, but I'm not surprised ATS as a whole does not listen to you belly aching that ATS isn't doing what you think it should.

I'm actually not so passive after all. Some friends and I did try it, all together as a group like Greer says, and FWIW several of us did see a strange light flying and moving through the trees that we could not explain.

However, I am not Steven Greer. I am not a meditation instructor, I don't have any credentials in meditation or hypnosis or anything like that. I lead the meditation as best I could, given everything I've read and learned about Steven Greer and CSETI and meditation and hypnosis and trance states over the years.

But I would not call this an official scientific test of Greer's technique, far from it!

I would still love to see ATS get an official research team into one of Greer's field trips to see firsthand what actually goes on, even though I know it will never happen

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
I would still love to see ATS get an official research team into one of Greer's field trips to see firsthand what actually goes on, even though I know it will never happen

This is part of what I mean about using ATS resources. We actually discussed this idea in depth a couple of years ago. IIRC we ran into some obstacles. First, there was the money, which inludes travel as well as 'tuition,' but second were the restrictions. When you go on one of his outings you have to sign several papers, one of which restricts what you can say, kind of a non-disclosure agreement. We took this to mean that if you DID go on a trip you wouldn't be able to report back to ATS on what happened. One of the others says Greer is not liable if you get abducted. I'm a little fuzzy on the details because it was some time ago, but the idea was dropped after some extensive discussion.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i predict it's going to be something extremely lame, like a shaky video of light in a sky or something similar. Soon we see if i have the mystical power of prediction!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This is part of what I mean about using ATS resources. We actually discussed this idea in depth a couple of years ago. IIRC we ran into some obstacles. First, there was the money, which inludes travel as well as 'tuition,' but second were the restrictions. When you go on one of his outings you have to sign several papers, one of which restricts what you can say, kind of a non-disclosure agreement. We took this to mean that if you DID go on a trip you wouldn't be able to report back to ATS on what happened.

Ahh, see, you jumped to conclusions and took it to mean that, but did you actually ask them?

I have specifically asked Debbie Foch, the CSETI coordinator, about that before, and I was told that posting about your experiences in a forum like ATS is OK.

The field-trips are a PRIVATE training retreat which means that many of the participants don't want their identities known. The non-disclosure agreement is mostly there to protect them. They want to make sure that you don't say film all the participants' faces and then go put it up on Youtube or something like that.

But just posting UFO photos or footage along with written descriptions, I don't think they'd have a problem with that. I'm sure a deal could be worked out if people actually try.

But I know they never will, so this whole discussion's mostly pointless.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ahh, see, you jumped to conclusions and took it to mean that, but did you actually ask them?

It was an entire thread with lots of people participating. I don't remember doing so myself. I had no intention of going regardless any more than I want to go to Gilliland's ranch and watch his UFOs "power up" even though that's within driving distance for me.

Quit blaming ATS for not going. You're obviously a fan. Why don't you go? What's your excuse?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Quit blaming ATS for not going.

I'm not "blaming ATS". Just saying "it would sure be neat if....."

A man can dream can't he?

You're obviously a fan. Why don't you go? What's your excuse?

I may do that some day. I'm in a different country so there's travel and logistics issues to work out. And I might want to try Gilliland's ranch first, since it's free.

If my local friends and I have any major successes with the technique in the meantime then I will definitely look into that....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I also predict that it's going to be anything BUT stunning proof. These guys ideas of undeniable proof, is a night-time shot of a speck in the sky that could be more or less a piece of dust. An extremely questionable "classified" document from area 51. Or some "former" aviator/engineer claiming to be in direct contact with multiple species of aliens in our galaxy.
Seriously, to impress anybody on ATS, they better have some tangible evidence or a live alien come on stage. Even then ATSers would probably debunk it trying to call it a hologram or "project bluebeam". A conspiracy inside of a conspiracy lol.

But fortunately we don't have to wait long. If they don't come up with something really convincing, I wouldn't blame a crowd of conspiracy theorist for beating their asses to a pulp. We're all getting sick and tired of the hoaxers.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
OrionHunterX, out of curiosity, what evidence would you accept?

A Reptilian at a UFO conference taking questions from the audience which, needless to say, would include the skeptics from ATS!!
No seriously!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
OK..How about just driving to Santa Monica on a Friday and TELL us the news?.. Bad idea?,good?maybe?

Ah man, I guess I picked the wrong time for my car to be in the shop. The Cafe is only a short drive from Huntington Beach where I am (45minutes or so with no traffic) I'll still try and grab a ride with someone, if I can convince them I'm not a lunatic falling into the Horn, Bassett, Greer, etc crowd...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I still and forever believe that there's something out there ..... but blindly believing it like when I first start.
I'm more of a skeptic on the aspect of evidence, proof, and testimony being provided by many people out there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well maybe she has returned... if so I might be persuaded

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I'm very much looking forward to seeing
what Stephen and his group will present, since I have been
openly critical of their so far unsubstantiated claims for years. It
may sound funny for me to say it but I'm a UFO skeptic about
such things as scores of so - called 'aliens' just walking around ,
shaking hands with everyone and getting overly friendly with our
female population

Coming from the guy who pushes photos taken of dancers on a tv screen from a variety show, dinosaur artwork from a book, barrel lids dressed up as UFO's with nails falling off of it and some guy wearing gold foil holding the same toy ray-gun I had when I was 5 years old as evidence of alien life...that's freakin' hilarious.

That's the best guy they could find to examine the evidence? Why exactly do they find him credible enough? Zorgon is more credible than that guy.

@I actually mean that. Not trying to sound sarcastic or rude lol
edit on 4-2-2011 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

...it's always about the stupid moth photo, or the Woolsey letter, all the most negative evidence. "Moth photo. Case closed!"

It isn't only the moth photo that destroyed Greer/CSETI's credibility. Have you forgotten about the Joshau tree branch photo? Greer described that incident as “The most important contact event in the history of this subject...” So important that no one can remember it!

The Moth-Man Proof Essay

I'm pre-empting that Bassett's "proof" will be as bogus as Greer's.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

popculturegeek.com

One of the alien guest speakers invited for the conference!

Anyway, that's the least I wanna see as 'stunning proof'!

edit on 4-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey, how you doing Zorgon?

You know how I stand on this lol .....I try to understand how people can not believe that there are other life forms not Human right here on this Planet but also in this vast Universe.

I know I wrote that Dr. Leir like 2 years ago give/take and he never responded back..... but I did tell him where to look for the tracking device......back of the head in the middle of the lower left lobe...it would be cool if he found it BUT I doubt it.

I got the e-mail last week about today so it will be interesting to see what they might have...in the mean time this short video promoting a movie might give you a chuckle

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 4-2-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
PRG
PRG Notice - Friday, February 4, 2011

Los Angeles, CA - PRG executive director Stephen Bassett will present this evening a PowerPoint lecture on Exopolitics, Disclosure, the Truth Embargo and the Post-Disclosure World at the Flying Saucers Cafe in Santa Monica, CA. The lecture will be two hours followed by an hour of Q&A.

This notice of clarification is necessary because publicist Michael Horn has been spreading disinformation about this presentation across the Internet via email, postings and press releases. This disinformation claims that Mr. Bassett will bring "stunning" "undeniable" proof of UFO's, that Mr. Bassett will be debating Mr. Horn, and other false and misleading statements.

PRG regrets these actions by Horn for these reasons: 1) Horn's hyperbolic falsehoods have created interest in the event which will likely result in attendance far exceeding the Cafe's capacity creating possible discomfort for the attendees, 2) a number of people will attend the event with false expectations, 3) some damage may be done to PRG's advocacy work.

If Mr. Horn is not being paid by the government for this kind of conduct, he is missing out on a fine career in COINTEL.

Stephen Bassett
Executive Director
Paradigm Research Group

[Please forward this notice.]

Paradigm Research Group
4938 Hampden Lane, #161, Bethesda, MD 20814
[email protected] 202-215-8344
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveBassett

Mr horn does my head in!